Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

NESguerilla posted:

Seriously? Rock Band accessories are like the #2 most thrown out things in America next to plastic bags and beer cans. Just go on Craiglist or find the nearest thrift store and I'm sure you can find a rock band setup for like $10.

But with used ones you sometime have to deal with damaged and worn equipment.

I know I've seen parts not last more than a year or even a few weeks because people treated them like garbage or just managed to overuse them to the point that certain buttons stopped working.

Sort of surprised the RB/GH camps didn't manage to churn out something akin to the portable Rocksmith Drum Kit set for the guitars to make storing and moving them around better for people who didn't care that they weren't able to hold a guitar-shaped device. Something like a collapsible or just long-stick design.

edit: turns out some company called Nexillux did produce something just like that, but it's compatible with every system EXCEPT the 360...

I know my local Big Lots has these marked down to $10 each. They also had Binary Domain for the 360 for only $10, too. I loved the hell out of the BD demo and I was about to buy some copies for myself and a few other people, but I'm curious if the voice controls ever got a patch to improve them.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Nibbles141 posted:

Right stick use to keep on the person, left stick keep over your gun. You can draw early but lose xp, otherwise wait for them to make a move. You can sway left and right with the left stick after drawing, and in the later duels you will have to do this and dodge the first and maybe second shot.

raditts posted:

Adjust your sight (left stick) to keep it on your opponent's face to increase your accuracy and keep your hand hovered over your shootin' piece (right stick) to increase your draw speed. When you see the other guy go for his gun, pull yours as quick as you can and then you aim with right stick and dodge with left stick.

Or you can just shoot the fucker right off before he even has a chance at drawing. They may call you a "coward" but they won't be calling you dead.

Thanks, I think it was dodging with the left stick that was loving me up? I guess we'll see.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Funkmaster General posted:

I enjoyed it a lot, but it's sort of different. It's more of a puzzle game than a god game, if that makes sense. Try the demo first.

I gave it a try last night and... meh. The opening levels may just be too easy, but it seemed like all you did was move sand around (and occasionally water.) It did remind me of Populous a bit, but for some reason this seemed like more of a chore.

Outland is also on sale, it seems like a pretty meh platformer but why not try it if you like those kinds of games.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Outlands is actually really good, and I recommend it. It's less a puzzle platformer and more like Silhouette Mirage or something like that, I enjoyed it a lot.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

crowfeathers posted:

Outlands is actually really good, and I recommend it. It's less a puzzle platformer and more like Silhouette Mirage or something like that, I enjoyed it a lot.

Its a metroidvania ikaruga platformer mashup and quite good. It suffers from having an abysmally bad boss who once you enter its arena it auto saves at so you can not leave. Everything else is good fun though.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
What's a good computer adapter cable for a wireless 360 controller? Preferably wireless itself

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Relin posted:

What's a good computer adapter cable for a wireless 360 controller? Preferably wireless itself

Why don't you just buy the official dongle? They're pretty easy to come by on ebay. If you can't be bothered to do that, there's plenty of chinese knockoffs on Amazon.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Relin posted:

It's gonna have to be wireless -- wireless 360 controllers don't support sending input data over the charging port.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just ordered Doom 3 BFG on a whim now that it's cheap, but I remember a bunch of goons hating on it when it came out although I don't remember why. After watching some reviews I think it looks pretty enjoyable. Is there any reason I am going to hate it?

Edit: I should also mention I have only casually played the first two as a kid and I am huge on Survival horror so the change in pace sounds like a positive thing to me.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 12, 2013

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

If you've never played Doom 3 before and you like survival horror, it's awesome. But having played it on PC in 2004 when it came out, I was disappointed with it because it didn't offer any real improvements and IIRC it even took away some of the minor mechanics of the original that I liked so much.

It's still a fun game with some great monster killing, though, even 9 years after first being released.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

NESguerilla posted:

I just ordered Doom 3 BFG on a whim now that it's cheap, but I remember a bunch of goons hating on it when it came out although I don't remember why. After watching some reviews I think it looks pretty enjoyable. Is there any reason I am going to hate it?

Edit: I should also mention I have only casually played the first two as a kid and I am huge on Survival horror so the change in pace sounds like a positive thing to me.

It should be a solid fit for you because it transitioned more to horror than action, which was a bit offputting given Doom 1 and 2 being high enemy count action games. This one is more dark corridors with monster closets and good shadows and lighting. I have a slight hesitation on calling it survival horror because you're not exactly resource limited and it relies on you kicking rear end more than being afraid.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

NESguerilla posted:

Here's a quick rundown of what was changed:
  • Plasma Rifles shots no longer create lighting.
  • Removal of choosable D-Pad quick select slots. (I think they are: Fist, Artifact, Grenades, and Rocket Laucher(?))
  • Removal of the flashlight as a weapon.
  • Sprint is now done by clicking in and holding the left thumb stick instead of holding the left trigger.
  • Removal of the Phasing in and out of Hell effect in RoE.
  • Removal of the giant monster beatdown room right before the final boss in RoE.
  • The amount of ammo you get from pickups now varies on difficulty. Easy and Normal now give you double ammo.
  • Autosaves are now at the start and middle of levels.
  • Native 3D support

There's probably more I'm missing but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

NESguerilla posted:

There was a lot of hate for the game when it was released because it just wasn't really a "Doom" game at all - that and people were expecting the second coming of Christ. I thought it was a good game on its own merits, just forget it has anything to do with the Doom franchise.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Been playing through Assassin's Creed 2 these last couple days. It's been pretty fun so far, but wow is it a long game. I'm at Sequence 9 though and I'm still enjoying it. One question though, how good are Sequence 12 and 13? I notice they decided to sell these 2 chapters as DLC which kind of pisses me off but if they aren't worth it I guess I can deal with there being a gap in the story. I did get the game for free, anyway.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm a completionist who buys any story DLC and even I'll say that AC2's DLC is pretty drat horrid. You'll get to spend more time with Catherine Sforza in Forli, which is good, but the actual gameplay is several steps below what the main campaign offers. The story is a thinly veiled excuse for action, too.

That said, Brotherhood's Da Vinci is legitimately great - lovely pacing for some smaller scale setpieces and an excellent romp through a temple.

Here's my query - I'm thinking of plunking down 10 dollars for Ghost Recon Future Soldier (on sale), but I don't want to pay another ten for the online pass. Does it include it or not? Googling just seems to confuse the question. Cheers.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

The Duke posted:

Been playing through Assassin's Creed 2 these last couple days. It's been pretty fun so far, but wow is it a long game. I'm at Sequence 9 though and I'm still enjoying it. One question though, how good are Sequence 12 and 13? I notice they decided to sell these 2 chapters as DLC which kind of pisses me off but if they aren't worth it I guess I can deal with there being a gap in the story. I did get the game for free, anyway.

If you want to play more Ezio - I'd just buy AC:Brotherhood and even Revelations. The DLC are pretty short, and there isn't that much of a gap in the story.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

MZ posted:

There was a lot of hate for the game when it was released because it just wasn't really a "Doom" game at all - that and people were expecting the second coming of Christ. I thought it was a good game on its own merits, just forget it has anything to do with the Doom franchise.

I was expecting something more than a flashlight simulator with a PDA hunting minigame and mild spider-shooting action elements. You know, the second coming of Christ.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Is Ghost Recon FS worth $10 for single player? I have no interest in GR multiplayer. I used to be a big fan of the series but went to replay the last one and couldn't get into it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

wormil posted:

Is Ghost Recon FS worth $10 for single player? I have no interest in GR multiplayer. I used to be a big fan of the series but went to replay the last one and couldn't get into it.

Ghost Recon FS is a pretty sub-par third person shooter. If you couldn't get into the GRAWs (and I mean the console ones, since the PC GRAW is somehow an FPS instead) then it's not going to do you any favors, since it's basically the same but much worse.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I guess I'll just be skipping the AC2 DLC. I've actually already played Revelations (found it at Best Buy for $5, my first AC) so I think I'll just pick up Brotherhood at a later date. I know I'm getting AC4 for Christmas so I don't want to get too burned out on the series.

Unrelated, but does anyone know if XBL is doing the 12 days of Christmas sale they've been doing the last couple of years?

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

The Duke posted:

Unrelated, but does anyone know if XBL is doing the 12 days of Christmas sale they've been doing the last couple of years?

Yes. December 17 to 31.

quote:

Countdown to 2014 17-Dec to 31-Dec

I’ll have more details on the “Countdown to 2014″ promotion next week when it kicks off. It will be similar to last year’s sales event where there are new items on sale every day.
http://majornelson.com/2013/12/10/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-game-store-6/

There's also this

quote:

The best way to end a fantastic year of gaming is to cram your stockings and pack your tree with tons of discounted games, add-ons and movies! FIFA 14, Grand Theft Auto V and Doctor Who Christmas Specials are all tasters of the great offers to come in Xbox's huge festive sale, from 17th to 31st December.

The sale begins soon.

To get you started have a free movie on us from December 13th – 15th.
http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/holiday2013

Ronald Duck fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Dec 12, 2013

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I don't know entirely why (end of the generation?), but I'm ecstatic to see sales on Xbox Live that are actually good deals. Especially fun to see DLC offered at lower prices too. Perfect Dark for 2 dollars, Runner 2 for 7 dollars, Rockstar Table Tennis for five dollars... I'm liking this trend.

To elaborate on my question, Future Soldier doesn't list the uplay passport under "extras" - is it still in existence and if so, does the digital copy come with it?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Any idea what the next free game will be?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Any idea what the next free game will be?

I want Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts so of course it won't be that.

Since I just bought it Mark of Ninja? Or insulting everyone and giving away Aqua?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

From the 16th its something called "Shoots Many Robots". http://news.xbox.com/2013/11/games-games-with-gold-december Never heard of it personally. Seems to be Co-op focussed which is not really my thing, but at least its a game that a lot of people wont already have I guess?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I just got a dashboard update, anyone know what it's about?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As someone who hasn't played much beyond 2006 (although that does include some Skyrim), Oblivion is metal as hell. I was breaking the siege of Kvatch, beating on a demon with my mace forged in the fires of hell when it broke so I punched the demon in the face to death. So drat metal. :rock:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rarity posted:

As someone who hasn't played much beyond 2006 (although that does include some Skyrim), Oblivion is metal as hell. I was breaking the siege of Kvatch, beating on a demon with my mace forged in the fires of hell when it broke so I punched the demon in the face to death. So drat metal. :rock:

I'd stop playing about now or you're going to find out why everyone is so drat thankful Skyrim made huge changes to Oblivion.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Barudak posted:

I'd stop playing about now or you're going to find out why everyone is so drat thankful Skyrim made huge changes to Oblivion.

And miss out on walking into the Fighters Guild to find a guy walking around naked? I think not!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Rarity posted:

And miss out on walking into the Fighters Guild to find a guy walking around naked? I think not!
Don't worry, there can be multiple packs of 3-5 naked Couriers running around Skyrim at any given time.

If you got Perfect Dark, drop me a friend invite. My gt's the same as my username here, right down to the space.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Father Wendigo posted:

If you got Perfect Dark, drop me a friend invite. My gt's the same as my username here, right down to the space.

Sadly my 360 isn't connected to the internet so no XBox Live for me :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I bought Streets of Rage 2 eons ago and it used to just be the game. I went to play it for the first time in a long time and now it's some Sega vintage arcade collection that doesn't even acknowledge that I bought it and only lets me play the demo. loving weak.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Stoked for the second season of The Walking Dead starting next week. :)

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

NESguerilla posted:

I bought Streets of Rage 2 eons ago and it used to just be the game. I went to play it for the first time in a long time and now it's some Sega vintage arcade collection that doesn't even acknowledge that I bought it and only lets me play the demo. loving weak.

Streets of Rage 2 is a separate thing from the Streets of Rage Sega Vintage Collection. Try redownloading that first thing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm in the middle of a race to steal a book so I can join the Thieves Guild when I decide to go to sleep in the boat inn to pass some time and suddenly it sails away! Now I'm stuck in the open sea with a tight deadline to get back in time to get into the Guild. I love how these two separate quests have combined to become something much more memorable.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Man, the ending of AC2 was pretty drat weak. You fight Rodrigo Borgia 4 loving times, he has a way too much health and apparently can't be countered, blocks all hits with a sword or knife, can't be shot with the pistol, and then you don't even kill him at the end. The game was excellent up to that point, I can't help but be a little let down.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

ZeeBoi posted:

Stoked for the second season of The Walking Dead starting next week. :)

Will this use saves from the previous games at all?

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

flatluigi posted:

I just got a dashboard update, anyone know what it's about?

That's the update that makes everybody's 360 self destruct before Xmas, so that you'll have to by an Xbone.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Hat Thoughts posted:

Would I enjoy the State of Decay expansion without having played the base game? Or would it not really be worth jumping into like that.
Yeah, honestly the expansion is kind of what people had hoped the original game was - starting out alone in the woods and then having to scratch your way uphill, accruing a core group of survivors to hop into the RV with you as you move on to the next (slightly randomized and supposedly slightly scarcer) resources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

EC posted:

Will this use saves from the previous games at all?

I'm assuming that the biggest impact will come from 400 Days if you did that one.

• Locked thread