Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Saoshyant posted:

Didn't see any mention of it, but backers of Shadowrun Return can now request a GOG key on top of the Steam key they already got. You need to email Harebrained Schemes from the email address you backed the game.

gently caress. I bought it on Steam ASAP but didn't back it.

Accordion Man posted:

I got new Shadow Warrior for 50% off. :geno:

I do want to play it but I can wait until its even cheaper than 10 bucks.

For $9.99 today only I'll go there. A hearty goon recommendation earlier today sold me.

qwako posted:

I went for Timeless Classics and got Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology for $2.99 but have literally never heard of this game. It looks like a fairly standard WW2 RTS does anyone know if there is anything special to it?

Blitzkrieg 1 was a more thinky, plodding RTS but very good. 2 is in another category... it's much more unrealistic and sort of balls-to-the-wall. Worth $2.99 several times over. The Blitzkrieg games were one of very few GOG games I bought on day 1 at base price.

For whoever got Deadly Premonition for $9.99, if you don't want it I'll take it. Fancy a trade for another $9.99 game on Steam or GOG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Snowman95 posted:

Well got

Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy)

for $1.79 I dig a good story, lets hope this holds up

Awful, awful game. Don't play it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It happened because it was true to all David Cage games - there was a massive rewrite of the last third of the game at the last minute of production.

That's because Cage originally wrote that whole story to be told over a series of 10 episodes or something. This probably wouldn't have made the ending any less batshit of course.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005
I rolled 50% off Shadow Warrior, so its $19.99. Click the link, "Oh, you're from Australia? Heh, $26.66"

edit: Wow, I added it to my cart and it changed to $9.99. Looks like the banner deal overrides my roll anyway. Cool.

Mug fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 13, 2013

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010
I kind of wish I could specify my OS for the daily special offer. I got Omikron: The Nomad Soul for $2.49, but it's only on PC and I don't currently have one that works.

I guess it doesn't really matter since I probably wouldn't buy this game anyways since I've never even heard of it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I can't quite follow how GOG is running the sale. Am I getting it right that the two sets of games "Deep in the Dungeons" and "The Big Ones 2013" are the only "daily" deals right now and I should wait for more cycles to pick up any other games I'm eyeing?

Also, someone sell (or discourage) me on Cossacks Anthology

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Amethyst posted:

Awful, awful game. Don't play it.

Nah, its a pretty cool game, really. They jump the shark in the last act like no other, but that doesn't make it all terrible.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I rolled the same. For $5 :smuggo:.

Oh that's fun, I figured they were just rolling for different games, not also different values...

I got Normality for who cares. :smith:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I can't quite follow how GOG is running the sale. Am I getting it right that the two sets of games "Deep in the Dungeons" and "The Big Ones 2013" are the only "daily" deals right now and I should wait for more cycles to pick up any other games I'm eyeing?

Also, someone sell (or discourage) me on Cossacks Anthology

Yeah, it says day 1, #hours left. So presumably they'll have new deals tomorrow, and even new special offer boxes.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Irsh posted:

I kind of wish I could specify my OS for the daily special offer. I got Omikron: The Nomad Soul for $2.49, but it's only on PC and I don't currently have one that works.

I guess it doesn't really matter since I probably wouldn't buy this game anyways since I've never even heard of it.

Exactly the game I'm waiting for. Random Magic, I assume? I'll just keep trying that a couple of days.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics are free at the moment...

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

MonkeyforaHead posted:

I'm just going to post endgame spoilers for Indigo Prophecy since I think everyone should see this one way or the other -- only read this if you're too lazy to play it or watch the LP:

It turns out the Big Bad is a physical manifestation of the Internet, disguised as an old lady who can kill you on contact, but you are The One and become an animated corpse (and have paradoxical living necro sex with your GF) and in the finale you fight the Internet DBZ/Matrix style. The first half of the game has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS.

David Cage, ladies and gentlemen. :shepface:

This is exactly why I absolutely love Indigo Prophecy. When it's on, it's loving on for like half the game, and when it's off, it's hilariously bad/insane, just like you described. Plus the atmosphere owns and the original soundtrack is made by loving Angelo Badalamenti.

Also present: crazy rear end hobos and mayan poo poo.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Dec 13, 2013

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

VisAbsoluta posted:

This is exactly why I absolutely love Indigo Prophecy. When it's on, it's loving on for like half the game, and when it's off, it's hilariously bad/insane, just like you described. Plus the atmosphere owns and the original soundtrack is made by loving Angelo Badalamenti.

Also present: crazy rear end hobos and mayan poo poo.

The best thing is that the supernatural stuff is in there right from the beginning, but it's subtle stuff that very slowly ramps up and lets you know that there's something else going on in this story about a guy who commits a murder while in a trance and the detectives investigating him.

And then the scene happens where the game just jumps the shark, which isn't just bad for story purposes because it also heralds the end of interesting puzzle-mechanics in favour of quick-time-events all the way through to the end.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

New GOG deals are up.

Something important to keep in mind: the Bullfrog sale is one of those "75% off for everything, 50% off individually" things.

Also trying to click on a gift box right now keeps telling me to come back tomorrow for another chance.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

iastudent posted:

Also trying to click on a gift box right now keeps telling me to come back tomorrow for another chance.

Same thing's happening for me too. It's also not showing if you already own games when you bring up one of the bundle lists. On a different note, is Cognition any good?

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Same thing's happening for me too. It's also not showing if you already own games when you bring up one of the bundle lists. On a different note, is Cognition any good?

Just in case anyone is wondering: I added the Bullfrog deal to my cart and manually removed the games I already owned, and the 75% discount still applied.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Nah, its a pretty cool game, really. They jump the shark in the last act like no other, but that doesn't make it all terrible.

People keep saying that, but it's a pretty dumb game right from the start. The diner scene is pretty cool, admittedly, but soon after that, there's the office fight against giant ghost flees and the :psyduck:ness just keeps growing exponentially from that point onward.

In other words, buy this game for 1.79, it's hilarious.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
If you like Simon Says, then you'll love Indigo Prophecy!

I liked the first 10 minutes though.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

For its budget Cognition actually turned out fairly well but overall just turns out okay. It looks fine, although the character animations are fairly simplistic and repeating, and the voice acting isn't off putting at the very least. It's story starts off strong but trails off toward the end when you can tell they reached the end of their budget and had to start axing large parts of the narrative; the first two episodes are about what you'd expect from an episodic adventure game, but the third episode largely takes place across the same five screens in the same location (although it does have a somewhat neat gimmick to go along with that) and the last episode takes all of an hour to complete.

All in all, its... good I guess? It's not the greatest adventure game you'll ever play but its a better serial killer point-and-click then Still Life.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Emong posted:

Good news! AxeManiac gave me permission to post them, so enjoy!

That should be all five of the official C3 Mall breed packs: Hardman Norns, Treehugger Norns, Bondi Norns, Toxic Norns, and Banshee Grendels.

e: You'll need to install this if you want to use it with the GOG release.

Awesome, thanks! :) I remember those Hardman Norns being one of the few that didn't get just immediately slapped to death by Grendels. And I don't know what Toxic Norns are all about but they sound promising... :getin:

Now I regards to GOG, do I understand right that the daily Christmas deal is just as likely to offer you games you already own as not? Because that seems like a huge oversight on their part. I'd like to click on the Classic box, but I already own so many of those I'd probably get a repeat.

Oh well, classic games are cheap anyway, I guess the real deals are to be had with the other categories...

edit: What's with this woman who just starts yammering away every time I visit the main page, it gets super annoying after the third or fourth time and I can't find a button to mute her.

Zoe fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 13, 2013

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Zoe posted:

Awesome, thanks! :) I remember those Hardman Norns being one of the few that didn't get just immediately slapped to death by Grendels. And I don't know what Toxic Norns are all about but they sound promising... :getin:

For extra fun try breeding them with normal Norns and seeing how long it takes you to get a kid that doesn't immediately die from having a fundamentally broken immune system!

Seriously, the Creatures games are my favorite series for performing inhumane genetic experiments on adorable things and anyone who thinks they would enjoy that should pick up Creatures Exodus.

e: Also it's only $3 right now

Emong fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Dec 13, 2013

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Looks like the gift boxes are working again. Timeless gave me Slipstream 5000 for $1.79

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Emong posted:

For extra fun try breeding them with normal Norns and seeing how long it takes you to get a kid that doesn't immediately die from having a fundamentally broken immune system!

Will be putting that on my to-do list. Really, as soon as I can grab a mod that lets me completely isolate Norns in different biomes this is going to become Unethical Genetic Experiments: The Game.

Also is Influx a good game and is it worth at least $2.50 to just roll a ball around a couple hours?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I clicked the random box and got The Witcher 2 for $4.99

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

Zoe posted:

Also is Influx a good game and is it worth at least $2.50 to just roll a ball around a couple hours?

Definitely. The game is pretty short, but that works to its advantage, and it's somewhat similar to Dear Esther in that it's a beautiful showcase for an aging engine (Source in Dear Esther's case, UE3 here).

If you've played and enjoyed games like Spectraball or Marble Blast Ultra, then you'll know what to expect here. I personally liked those games and felt this one more than lived up to them.

e: The Creatures talk on this page reminded me that I've been meaning to pick those up. I enjoyed the first game as a kid but never got a chance to try the others; should I bother getting both Albian Years and Exodus or just the latter?

ovaries fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 13, 2013

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

ovaries posted:

e: The Creatures talk on this page reminded me that I've been meaning to pick those up. I enjoyed the first game as a kid but never got a chance to try the others; should I bother getting both Albian Years and Exodus or just the latter?

I'd just get Exodus at first. Creatures 1 is mostly a curiosity at this point, and Creatures 2 has Norns so dumb they'll starve to death staring at a piece of cheese.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Got Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver from the Timeless Classics. I feel like I should have taken a chance on the newer game, but I bought it anyway. I've never played a Kain game.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2

SquadronROE posted:

Got Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver from the Timeless Classics. I feel like I should have taken a chance on the newer game, but I bought it anyway. I've never played a Kain game.

Game is worth it just for the voice acting alone. You made the right choice.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

SquadronROE posted:

You might be interested in watching this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kDzqScUs-E. It's a compitation all dialogue and cutscenes from the previous game, Blood Omen, giving you the full story from Blood Omen.

It's annoying in that it also includes all dialogue explaining all new spells, armor etc though. Still has some great dialogue.

You don't need it for Soul Reaver, but there is a plot item at the end of the game that makes more sense if you know the plot of Blood Omen (and a few characters make a return - Kain, Ariel, ...). Soul reaver is perfectly playable on its own though.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Just to be sure - anything I can think of in the "Good OLD games" category is going to be in "Timeless Classics", right?

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Xander77 posted:

Just to be sure - anything I can think of in the "Good OLD games" category is going to be in "Timeless Classics", right?

I would assume so, considering I picked the "Timeless Classics" box yesterday and was shown the 2004 Bard's Tale remake. Although that's a tricky one because they built the old Bard's Tale in, so it technically could go under classics...

Picked classics again today and got The Lost Express.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Xander77 posted:

Daikatana is in the GOG catalog. So no, it's not without some dangers. (of course, you can simply not buy them)

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Bruteman posted:

I would assume so, considering I picked the "Timeless Classics" box yesterday and was shown the 2004 Bard's Tale remake. Although that's a tricky one because they built the old Bard's Tale in, so it technically could go under classics...

Picked classics again today and got The Lost Express.

2004 is almost a decade old now.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

2004 is almost a decade old now.

Ugh, don't remind me.

I'm old enough that when I think of GoG, I'm thinking of games pre-2000.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Xander77 posted:

The site's not actually "Good Old Games" any more. About a year ago they changed it to just "Gog.com"

It's not an acronym any more.

mastervj
Feb 25, 2011
It will be always an acronym in my heart.

Holy gently caress, they're doing it: they're giving away the Fallouts. I love these guys and I'm totally buying something* just to show my respect.

*(I was totally going to buy too many games anyway)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

macnbc posted:

The site's not actually "Good Old Games" any more. About a year ago they changed it to just "Gog.com"

It's not an acronym any more.
Thanks for letting me know, I guess? I mean I knew that already and it wasn't relevant to my question, but still.

double nine posted:

Daikatana is in the GOG catalog. So no, it's not without some dangers. (of course, you can simply not buy them)
That's why I didn't emphasize the "Good" in that post. (Also why I bought Indigo Prophecy, I guess) (And why I have Ultimate 8 on my wishlist)

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Xander77 posted:

(And why I have Ultimate 8 on my wishlist)

I hope Ultima 9 isnt on your wishlist.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That lame, the classic pick this time was for Duke Nukem 3D...I already own that on GoG!

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
I picked brave new worlds and got Dyad. :-/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
I did random and got blitzkrieg 2 for 3 bucks.

Kind of wanting omikron and IHNMAIMS. Plus whatever else is on my wishlist.