Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Bullshit. We give up and go quietly and you will never see snarls, danal or zepath again

Double bullshit. You'd rather risk Danal and a bunch others dying than following Bareen. Apparently Enkidel is the biggest El zealot there is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Tsyni posted:

Double bullshit. You'd rather risk Danal and a bunch others dying than following Bareen. Apparently Enkidel is the biggest El zealot there is.

Triple bullshit. I'm hungry.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Quadruple bullshit, none of this really matters unless we can convince El to strike Bareen down with lightning and thunder.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Tomn posted:

Quadruple bullshit, none of this really matters unless we can convince El to strike Bareen down with lightning and thunder.

You have a better chance of asking Asherah to eat her, or your fairy godmother.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Tsyni posted:

What do you suppose happens if we find that shark tooth again and cut someone else's hand with it?

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Tsyni posted:

Exactly! So none of this really matters and we may as well try to take a dump on Bareen's sandals.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Tomn posted:

Offer Bareen as a sacrifice to El. She represents new truths and a life of adventurous valor to us; sacrificing her to El would be most pleasing. [/joking]

Or, come to think of it... if we wanted to get in on the metaphysical reality of this game, we should offer up our potential future learning from Bareen in exchange for our immediate escape in the present. El takes an entire probable future from us in exchange for an altered timeline of us hanging out in Zepath, meanwhile Bareen runs off all confused as to what happened.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

HiHo ChiRho posted:

BREAK THE CHAINS.

You bastard.

IN THE NAME OF THE MADGOD FIGHT THE CHAINBREAKER!

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Tsyni posted:

Tudiya is not impulsive enough to destroy the city to try and kill Bareen. Remember how he acted when we told him we hear voices from Snarls? That we're telepathic with our dog?

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Tudiya is not impulsive enough to destroy the city to try and kill Bareen. Remember how he acted when we told him we hear voices from Snarls? That we're telepathic with our dog?

On the other hand, to be fair, remember how when we last asked him about the Temple of Melachim, he ended up pounding rock so hard it cracked? How would he react to the news that both his natural son and his adopted son (of great and special power which he has plans for) have been kidnapped by the witch who so angered him before?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Tomn posted:

On the other hand, to be fair, remember how when we last asked him about the Temple of Melachim, he ended up pounding rock so hard it cracked? How would he react to the news that both his natural son and his adopted son (of great and special power which he has plans for) have been kidnapped by the witch who so angered him before?

Yeah, if Tudiyah sees us in chains Zepath is gone. Guess we should have invested outside the city, huh guys?

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Yeah, Dio has been quite clear the only reason Tudiya didn't assault the temple of the Melachim was because Ishamel and the high priest stayed his hand.
As soon as he realises what is happening, he is going to be furious. And people are going to die.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Rahul posted:

Yeah, Dio has been quite clear the only reason Tudiya didn't assault the temple of the Melachim was because Ishamel and the high priest stayed his hand.

Can't help but wonder though if Bareen is telling the truth, and they stopped Tudiya because they had some idea of what was really going on. Bareen suggested that Ishamal knows at least a bit about her, although he doesn't know just how powerful she is, but maybe she was a bit off there.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Hey Diog - can we ask Snarls what he thinks of Bareen now? And does she still smell nice?

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Ask Snarls how she tastes.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Ask Snarls how she tastes.

Inspiration. And see how that fits next to our findings.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Quoted votes without a number underneath are just one vote. Diog, you made this vote retarded, so I am assuming that multiple vote options are viable, like Stomp her foot, scream for El, and...X: send snarls to safety. Ok, also note that lots of people voted for Ralith, and several people voted for variations of that, so I've included everything. If a bunch of people voted for Snarls to get Ishamal, plus punch her, I may have just included your vote in one of the plans below, so that there isn't a million X votes. Also, if multiple people voted for your plan I just included it below, rather than split it up into its constituent parts.

I am leaving a few things out, like a random bite the nose thing here, or jazzyhatricks speech, since it never got off the ground, but I believe this is a fair accounting of everyone's intentions.

One vote against Ralith, and one vote against sending Snarls to get Ishamal.

a - 6
b - 4
c - 1
f - 3
g - 1
j - 1
k - 4
l - 1
w - 1

x:

Ralith posted:

X. Scream incoherently and punch her in the face as hard as we can. This is not going to succeed; it is a distraction. While doing that, telepathically order Snarls to fetch Ishamal as fast as he possibly can.
e: Also go for our knife, whichever one we can grab more quickly, and at whatever point we have a chance to. Even if she stops us, she has to expend attention and take time to do so, which is more of a lead for Snarls.
x10

Zybourne Clock posted:

X Snarls, get Ishamal.
x6

JT Jag posted:

We need to wait until we have a better opportunity. I propose that act like we are going along with her reluctantly, and then when we enter the wastelands which are Azzazel's domain (as she must if she plans to exit the city) we call for his aid. So, X with a splash of A I guess.
x6

DCBomB posted:

X - Plan Tyson
I want her fingers. As many as possible.

x4

Theparker posted:

X Have Snarls back off, we don't want him getting splattered.
x2

Ego Trip posted:

X
Tell Snarls to run and bring Ishamal. Then try and stab her with the stone dagger. If there's any struggle, drop the dagger. Someone might recognize it. Yell "slaver" if we get the chance.
x2

Tomn posted:

E+F+X, sort of: Use our right hand to grab at the bronze knife and stab at the wrist grabbing at our mouth. If she grabs for our right hand with her left hand, grab at the stone knife and stab at the wrist grabbing our mouth again. The key point isn't to stab her, she'll probably stop us, but to get her to stop holding our mouth. Hiss: "You are bound by the same chains as the sons of Labaras, but I will not be bound again!" Then draw in breath - draw in a really deep breath. Draw in a Mighty Man breath and yell "DAMAT!"

jazzyhattrick posted:

X: edit: Changed my mind: Hunger! let's see whether or not we're strong enough to fight back if we're willing to get a little hungry. If we win eat bareen and absorb her power.

Sogol posted:

X
1- have Snarl's stop. A fleeing Snarl's might get killed. Tell him we need him safe, whether we get taken or not.
2- push forward with full strength until we can feel her resist, then rapidly and suddenly reverse using both our strength and hers to smash into the altar a few feet behind us. This should loosen her grip and possibly take both of us off our feet.

What happens then depends on how well this works, but we should be ready to go for our knife and put distance between us. Delaying is as useful as fighting. If we get loose focus on evasion and distraction. Throw things, burn things, topple things. Though it might get people hurt and killed I think we would really be moved to fight anyway in this circumstance.

RandomPauI posted:

X
1- have Snarl's stop. A fleeing Snarl's might get killed. Tell him we need him safe, whether we get taken or not.
2- push forward with full strength until we can feel her resist, then rapidly and suddenly reverse using both our strength and hers to smash into the altar a few feet behind us. This should loosen her grip and possibly take both of us off our feet.
3- Hiss: "You are bound by the same chains as the sons of Labaras, but I will not be bound again!" Then draw in breath - draw in a really deep breath. Draw in a Mighty Man breath and yell "Uncle Jorah!"

A Terrible Person posted:

Changing my vote to X: Muster enough strength to pry Bareen's hand away from our mouth with our free hand and then scream out, with every ounce of force we can muster, "I AM ENKIDEL, SON OF JALITHA OF BAITEL! SON OF TUDIYA OF ZEPATH BY PLEDGE! BLOODED, BUT FROM THE LINE OF ENKIDU AND NOT LABARAS!!"

Basscop posted:

I vote X:
Basically A
She's super powerful. We couldn't escape her without very likely getting hurt. Even with Ishamal and Tudyas' help.
Try to communicate: Ok we'll come with. Just don't hurt Snarls.

Crudus posted:

Do whatever is needed to free our mouth so we can yell for help. Summon all our Mighty Man power to boom out a yell that shakes the city.
Telepathic tell Snarls to grab Danal and go for Ishamel.

Vavrek posted:

X: Attempt to say "If you hurt my dog, I will end you." Do not otherwise resist or send Snarls away.

Angela Christine posted:

WX Attempt to fart and poop on her. Also, make our hunger useful for once and EAT HER FINGERS.
Tell Snarls to back off and not do anything to antagonize anyone. They'll kill him if they have to.

In closing, let me just say that Asherah will rise again, and may she consume you all.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I propose we go along with it, but we tell Snarls to make sure Ishamal, Tudiya, Danal, etc, know we didn't go willingly. Tudiya, at least, can see into his mind so we will leave a message of us being kidnapped. Also say not to worry, because we have plans.

The first spot of desolate wilderness we find, we call out to Azzazel. We refuse to partake in any rites honoring Melachim. We refuse to learn magic. We will hear her tales, though. And her explanation of us. But we will not cooperate. And then Azzazel will kick her rear end and/or confirm her story.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

SerSpook posted:

I propose we go along with it, but we tell Snarls to make sure Ishamal, Tudiya, Danal, etc, know we didn't go willingly. Tudiya, at least, can see into his mind so we will leave a message of us being kidnapped. Also say not to worry, because we have plans.

The first spot of desolate wilderness we find, we call out to Azzazel. We refuse to partake in any rites honoring Melachim. We refuse to learn magic. We will hear her tales, though. And her explanation of us. But we will not cooperate. And then Azzazel will kick her rear end and/or confirm her story.

You're basically voting for JT Jags plan, if you look above at the vote count.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Tsyni posted:

You're basically voting for JT Jags plan, if you look above at the vote count.

I also want to turn Snarla into an e-mail to Tudiya :colbert:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

SerSpook posted:

I also want to turn Snarla into an e-mail to Tudiya :colbert:
I think the "send Snarls to Ishamal" and "play along for now" votes are completely compatable.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Think we ought to avoid relying too heavily on Azzazel. He's fond of us, maybe, and willing to help us out with some smaller things, particularly when we trade him something, but that doesn't necessarily extend to bringing down the wrath of the heavens on people we don't like. Hell, might even turn out that he's pretty cool with Bareen too, I don't know how he is about picking sides.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

JT Jag posted:

I think the "send Snarls to Ishamal" and "play along for now" votes are completely compatable.

I honestly think sending Snarls to Ishamal is not a very good idea which is why I just want to try to leave a message for King-Dad. A fight, right now, between Bareen, Tudiya, and Ishamal is probably like something out of the Old Tales. Not something that should happen in Zepath.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

I just want to bite her fingers.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Goddamnit.

First of all, let me say that I severely dislike the sound of my own voice when recorded.

Secondly, I have an all-new respect for anyone who makes music or sounds for a living.

But what's done is done, and without further ado, I present: Deus Ex Enkidel - A musical summary of the thread thus far.

For those who have trouble making out what in the Sam Hill I'm singing, the lyrics.

quote:

We are Enkidel
The son of a Blooded man
We seek adventure
And truth in distant lands

We know not our father
And neglect our mother
But overall we're good
Except for some slavery!

We are a pawn in
The games of divinity
El and Grigori
And demons of antiquity

We know not who's righteous
Nor who is malevolent
We will find the truth
If we ask more questions!

They seek to control us
But what they don't know
Is you can't control the goons
'Cos we're nuts!

If anyone with more musical talent, knowledge of editing, auditory taste or really any sense of sound at all beyond "Hey, that one Yahtzee lyrical go of the Deus Ex theme was pretty funny, how hard can it be to replicate that?" would like to give the lyrics a better go, feel free.

Oh, by the way.

Voting X - Do not tell Snarls to run for help. I'd rather be sure he stays alive, and stays with us wherever we're going, I think, in the end.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Tomn posted:

Voting X - Do not tell Snarls to run for help. I'd rather be sure he stays alive, and stays with us wherever we're going, I think, in the end.

Changing my vote to this.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

By the way, looking the votes over a bit - Azzazel is not going to help us kick Bareen's rear end, I almost guarantee it. For that matter, even though I want to get to him ASAP and ask him questions about the world, I'm not even convinced that he'll be able to tell us much - part of the reason for his cryptic bullshit was because he was an evasive (but roguishly charming) jackass, but the other part is because he'll apparently get in trouble if he tells too much or draws too much attention. Telling us every secret of the universe is unlikely, and kicking mortal rear end in our name? Right the hell out.

That said, if he starts cackling up a storm as Bareen tries to speak of the wisdom and glory of the Melachim, that might sow some doubts in her mind, maybe. Or it'll convince her Azzazel is actually a demon in disguise pretending to be a Melachim. One or the other.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Though it is not likely to get votes at this point a more aggressive course of action with Bareen would be:

Push back with all our strength.

She knows the altar is there and will take us off our feet so she will resist.

As soon as we feel the resistance drop down and tuck forward.

This will project her over our head in a somersault. She will have to release her grip.

Her superior size, strength and weight are a real disadvantage to her in this. Our lower center makes it easier to uproot her. Since we suddenly remove resistance in the direction of her own strength and add ours, she is projected forward with that combined force. Her weight and armor add to the force of the impact when she hits.

If we are particularly pissed off (which I would suggest we are) we can accelerate the back of her head into the floor and push ourself upright as she comes over our head. This is unlikely to kill her, but will potentially stun her a bit giving us space.

We need to do our best to secure Snarls and Danal regardless of ideological niceties or eventualities.

Apparently we need to go and find the Kardomin.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sogol posted:

Though it is not likely to get votes at this point a more aggressive course of action with Bareen would be:

Push back with all our strength.

She knows the altar is there and will take us off our feet so she will resist.

As soon as we feel the resistance drop down and tuck forward.

This will project her over our head in a somersault. She will have to release her grip.

Her superior size, strength and weight are a real disadvantage to her in this. Our lower center makes it easier to uproot her. Since we suddenly remove resistance in the direction of her own strength and add ours, she is projected forward with that combined force. Her weight and armor add to the force of the impact when she hits.

If we are particularly pissed off (which I would suggest we are) we can accelerate the back of her head into the floor and push ourself upright as she comes over our head. This is unlikely to kill her, but will potentially stun her a bit giving us space.

We need to do our best to secure Snarls and Danal regardless of ideological niceties or eventualities.

Apparently we need to go and find the Kardomin.

I like this, my only concern is failure due to "gently caress you, I'm magic."
Plus, we still need to get through a temple full of Bareen's minions, many of whom were probably in on the plan from the beginning.

But then again, fuckit, let's make the bitch work for this.

Changing my vote to this, but also throw in the command to have Snarls grab Danal and run for help.

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat

the_steve posted:

I like this, my only concern is failure due to "gently caress you, I'm magic."
Plus, we still need to get through a temple full of Bareen's minions, many of whom were probably in on the plan from the beginning.

But then again, fuckit, let's make the bitch work for this.

Changing my vote to this, but also throw in the command to have Snarls grab Danal and run for help.

Voting for this plan.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Bareen isn't going to kill Snarls. She knows that if she abducts us, she might be able to eventually convince us to join the dark side. She knows that killing Snarls means we will never come to trust her again. The worst she'll do to our dog is hit him with a magical sleep spell or something to that effect. Sending out Snarls still is our best bet if we want to escape from the church within the next ten minutes.

Barring a lucky one-in-a-million insta-death knife strike to Bareen's jugular, our other options for escape are rather limited and less than pleasant. By breaking our pact with Xuriel and attempting to cast Vayahi Or, we will likely black out and get sent to the dreamscape, where we can explain our situation to the melachim. Or if we don't want to break the pact, Enkidel can use his bronze knife to stab himself in the heart and achieve the same effect. Bareen is known to throw around faith healings like candy and we are the sole reason she set up shop in Zepath, so we're practically guaranteed to be brought back to life.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Bareen splatters Snarls. "You will understand when you are older."

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Ralith posted:

X. Scream incoherently and punch her in the face as hard as we can. This is not going to succeed; it is a distraction. While doing that, telepathically order Snarls to fetch Ishamal as fast as he possibly can.

e: Also go for our knife, whichever one we can grab more quickly, and at whatever point we have a chance to. Even if she stops us, she has to expend attention and take time to do so, which is more of a lead for Snarls.

Sounds good to me.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
I vote to not send Snarls because I don't want him to get hurt.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Bareen splatters Snarls. "You will understand when you are older."

"Come with me and I will explain everything about why I just flattened your dog"

*half the voters vote yes*

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

"Come with me and I will explain everything about why I just flattened your dog"

*half the voters vote yes*

Bareen knows we telepathically speak with our dog, and her and her gathered followers will likely stop any attempt he makes to break for the door with force.

*half the voters vote for him to run and get the guy who may or may not be using us as a pawn*

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Task Manager posted:

Bareen knows we telepathically speak with our dog, and her and her gathered followers will likely stop any attempt he makes to break for the door with force.

*half the voters vote for him to run and get the guy who may or may not be using us as a pawn*

*to stop the woman who is definatly kidnapping us*

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Task Manager posted:

Unless Diog omitted some details about our nighttime drinking parties with him and his gang, that guy has never chained us up in the middle of a temple.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Ego Trip posted:

*to stop the woman who is definatly kidnapping us*

the_steve posted:

Unless Diog omitted some details about our nighttime drinking parties with him and his gang, that guy has never chained us up in the middle of a temple.

Completely agree! She's being really lovely right now. She thinks its all for the greater good, but that doesnt excuse kiddnapping.

All I'm saying is if we are worried so much about Snarls getting hurt, maybe not send him on a suicide mission to get anyone right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
this is an existential battle and if you think that bareen kidnapping us means she's the badguy youre really naive imo esp considering tudiya and ishamal also kidnapped us