Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

vyelkin posted:

Despite a change in management and an improvement in play, largely due to the central midfield injection of Korean international Ki Sung-Yueng, the latest Great American Hope has scored just once in 14 league appearances. Whether paired with Scottish international or playing as a lone striker, no great success has yet come.

lmao Steven Fletcher doesn't even have a name anymore, he's just Scottish International.

unidentified second striker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm going to refer to him as the Scotintern from now on.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
What's wrong with these people? This has to be at least fifth or sixth thing written about Jozy in that tone. Are they joking? What is this poo poo?

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

vyelkin posted:

I'm going to refer to him as the Scotintern from now on.

Good. It shows his temporary role as the support of Josmer Altidore, sole defender of multiculturalism.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Has anyone else been brave and read the tennis article that guy wrote

because it was brilliantly poo poo.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

i hate jozy altidore

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

jyrka posted:

What's wrong with these people? This has to be at least fifth or sixth thing written about Jozy in that tone. Are they joking? What is this poo poo?

It's called being American

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
The article inspired me to write some erotic Jozy fan fic. Is this the right thread for it?

quote:

John Terry could not believe it. This glistening five-tool striker had made him feel vulnerable, submissive, sexy. Jozy had the muscles of a racehorse, a cock like a racehorse, and the first touch of a racehorse. John Terry gasped as the ball crashed into the net. "I want you inside me," he whispered into Jozy's ear.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

jyrka posted:

It is mental illness often seen in American soccer fans who actually don't like sports but are such complete yuppie garbage that soccer is the most non mainstream thing they can latch onto

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Personally I'd like to see a modern take on the classic body-switch comedy starring Lionel Messi and Jozy Altidore.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

vaginal culture posted:

It is mental illness often seen in American soccer fans who actually don't like sports but are such complete yuppie garbage that soccer is the most non mainstream thing they can latch onto

Why don't they like jai alai or lacrosse or something

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Cart Cam posted:

tbp can you please confirm if you will have a unique picture for if he gets transferred or gets a serious injury?

I suppose for a transfer, however injuries will not effect the chart. He barely breaks into more than a jog so I don't think he's going to sprain any muscles any time soon, and he's mastered the art of falling over so I think he'll be alright.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
for a long time i thought tbp's official chart was tracking how many goals he had scored in total instead of how many he scored in each match. the pig's fly thing works in both scenarios

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
This thread really got good over the last 2 pages jesus christ.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Brap's gotta be on RTG somewhere, I'd love to hear what he's gotta say about this

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Mods rename me Scottish International please.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I don't even know what to quote here the entire thing is just incredibly awful
http://theclassical.org/articles/why-we-watch-jozy-altidore-before-dawn

whore before dawn

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

J Hume posted:

erotic Jozy fan fic
Suddenly the term "five tool striker" took on a new, disturbing meaning. :gonk::fh:

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Saw a rumour in the transfer section of yesterday's paper that Hull were considering a move for M'Baye Niang. A day after he'd already moved out on loan. Just goes to show the levels of desperation re: their situation up front that Jozy's put them in.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Poor Hull. Still struggling to find a striker after their star left years ago.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Healbot posted:

Poor Hull. Still struggling to find a striker after their star left years ago.
It's shocking, and saddening, in my opinion.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

When will Sunderland release the Jozy? It's the question everyone's asking.

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
Erotic Jozy fan fic chapter two:

quote:

Shakira's nipples were harder than a Jozy Altidore free kick. "I can't believe you rallied to become Sunderland's all-time leading scorer in just half a season," she said.

"And that you won the golden boot and led the US to win the World Cup." Beyoncé was wetter than a summer in Manaus.

"Congratulations on you $200 million transfer to Real Madrid." John Terry did not try to hide his erection. "It's too bad they're dropping Ronaldo, but you'll be a massive upgrade."

"What's it like to be filled with such epic American greatness?" they asked.

"It's incredible," Jozy said. "I'll show you." He let the silk robe fall from his shoulders to the floor.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

I don't think that article was an invitation to do worse mr Hume

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?

belgend posted:

I don't think that article was an invitation to do worse mr Hume

For Jozy and his followers, everything is an invitation to do worse. With that said. I'll save the really juicy stuff for my pending self-published book.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
No more of that please, thank you

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Jozy is a cheat and a poo poo footballer.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

The football sniper strikes again

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Pretty hosed up of that guy to trip Jozy like that

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

80085 posted:

Pretty hosed up of that guy to trip Jozy like that

I didn't realise they had started filming another hollowman.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

clearly photshopped, its like the Diouf ones that Finn did a thread on. Someones photoshopped out a massive sliding tackle

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Taff posted:

clearly photshopped, its like the Diouf ones that Finn did a thread on. Someones photoshopped out a massive sliding tackle

Nah he just kicked his other foot and fell over.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Jozy is a big fat cheat. Fat.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

He looks to the left and falls over his own feet, it's incredible. What skill variety.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Clearly a pen.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Definitely a 5-tool self tackle

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
What does 'five-tool striker' mean?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

What does 'five-tool striker' mean?

It's a cumbersome and totally incorrect baseball anology

quote:

5-tool player[edit]
The ideal position player (non-pitcher); an athlete who excels at hitting for average, hitting for power, baserunning skills and speed, throwing ability, and fielding abilities.[2] In Major League Baseball, players considered five-tool players have included Hall of Famers Willie Mays,[3] Andre Dawson,[4] and Duke Snider,[2][5] as well as Barry Bonds, and Ken Griffey, Jr.[2][6] Active players who have been described as possessing the five tools include Carlos Gonzalez,[7] Alex Rodriguez,[2][6] Mike Trout, Matt Kemp,[8] Bryce Harper,[9][10] Yasiel Puig,[11] Carlos Beltran, and Ryan Braun.[12] Baseball Digest has argued that the five-tool-player label is overvalued. However, the five tools continue to be the things professional scouts consider when evaluating young players' potential.[13]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
Baseball

• Locked thread