Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Congratulations to the Advertising Standards Authority, who have become the latest enemy of the fringe support of Celtic fans who just won't let it go

'Rangers then...Rangers now....Rangers forever'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

Rangers aren't dead, they're just sleeping

I'm predicting Hibs aren't going to enjoy their trip to Glasgow, usually get a reaction after a stinking European game.

radge
Jan 21, 2005

Hibees unlucky no to get draw in clash of the two biggest clubs in Scotland. Seen a few jambos in Glasgow as I was leaving. Must have left early!

Greatest fans in the world:

radge
Jan 21, 2005

Bonus points for the "Celtic: a club like no other" banner by the way which is absolutely dripping with irony.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

These sick burns must count for at least two points. You should petition the SPFL. It'll surely counter the fact that Hibs Are poo poo.

radge
Jan 21, 2005

Semprini posted:

These sick burns must count for at least two points. You should petition the SPFL. It'll surely counter the fact that Hibs Are poo poo.

I might buy a "radge: a poster like no other" banner in my quest to be taken seriously.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

radge posted:

I might buy a "radge: a poster like no other" banner in my quest to be taken seriously.
You support Hibs. It's a quest doomed to failure. Just spend the money on heroin.

Borogrove
Apr 12, 2008

radge posted:

Bonus points for the "Celtic: a club like no other" banner by the way which is absolutely dripping with irony.

Teemu Pukki scored the winner. Hibs are poo poo.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...
Can any United fans tell me how good their young players are? Ryan Guald and Souttar get mentioned a lot but not seen much of either yet, because I like speninding my time watching good football leagues and eh Motherwell!

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ally_1986 posted:

Can any United fans tell me how good their young players are? Ryan Guald and Souttar get mentioned a lot but not seen much of either yet, because I like speninding my time watching good football leagues and eh Motherwell!

Gauld and Souttar are both pretty decent and will probably end up at championship clubs until they get Scotland call-ups, their career falters and they end up back at United.

Most of the rest are pretty pish and will flirt with league one clubs for a year or two before getting fed up and coming back to United or St Johnstone.

Goodwillie isn't even 25 and he's a Premiership reject and as much as he thinks he's Dundee's answer to Juninho, not even Dundonians are dim enough to let him back for a 3'rd spell so he'll probably wind up at Raith Rovers or Morton in the next few years.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Borogrove posted:

Teemu Pukki scored the winner. Hibs are poo poo.

And thus, Pukki avoids the fans' inevitable comparisons of him to Harald Brattbakk for another week.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Troy Queef posted:

And thus, Pukki avoids the fans' inevitable comparisons of him to Harald Brattbakk for another week.

Brattbakk scored 5 against Kilmarnock, he suffered from us playing completely the wrong system for him, and playing alongside Larson. He also scored the goal that ensured we stopped Rangers doing 10 in a row.

radge posted:

Hibees unlucky no to get draw in clash of the two biggest clubs in Scotland. Seen a few jambos in Glasgow as I was leaving. Must have left early!

Hibs are mediocre

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I will simply not accept any negative talk about Harald Brattbakk itt, he was amazing

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

euroboy posted:

I will simply not accept any negative talk about Harald Brattbakk itt, he was amazing

Not so much for us, he had an amazing record in the Champions league for Rosenburg though.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

jre posted:

Not so much for us, he had an amazing record in the Champions league for Rosenburg though.

he started and ended his career for my local club, brilliant player although he was winger before he left for Rosenborg. won us our last trophy too, 20 years ago :cool:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

jre posted:

Brattbakk scored 5 against Kilmarnock, he suffered from us playing completely the wrong system for him, and playing alongside Larson. He also scored the goal that ensured we stopped Rangers doing 10 in a row.

Hibs are mediocre

Pukki's also had some legit bad luck this year in front of goal, and has done a good job setting up chances. It's just that every time Celtic buys a Scandinavian striker, he's either the heir to Larsson or Brattbakk according to the average bampots, with no middle ground in between.

Also, you're correct in stating that Hibs are mediocre, seeing as "not being in financial distress" is one thing that is very much not shite.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Troy Queef posted:

Pukki's also had some legit bad luck this year in front of goal, and has done a good job setting up chances. It's just that every time Celtic buys a Scandinavian striker, he's either the heir to Larsson or Brattbakk according to the average bampots, with no middle ground in between.
I actually think Pukki could turn out to be a good signing, the glasgow press are running a ridiculous campaign against him at the moment that probably isn't helping him with the fans.

Hartson had a shitey start to his Celtic career, and Hugh Keevins boldly proclaimed him a dud that wouldn't score 10 goals all season right before a match where he scored a hatrick. Think he scored over 20 that season. (edit: 19 in the league 24 total)

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

The same Hugh Keevins who claimed to have personally seen the contract Mark Viduka had signed with Bayern Munich?

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK
When Hartley signed for Aberdeen I broke the news in the SPL thread before the media knew about it and Grievo was very upset and then Hartley scored a hat trick on his debut (two penalties but whatever).

This was my finest hour.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
I didn't like his Aberdeen debut but I still forgive you Paul Hartley

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Well well well, looks like it's our year after all. When was the last time someone scored four against Inverness?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Coohoolin posted:

Well well well, looks like it's our year after all. When was the last time someone scored four against Inverness?

Still time for you to lose 5-4

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
8-0 by full time.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Chas McGill posted:

8-0 by full time.

Whoops, comebacks on

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
FFS

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
loving hell clangers, what were you doing.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Aberdeen FC @AberdeenFC
69: Inverness hit the post with a header by Draper

STEADY THE SHIP

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Swear to god Aberdeen will give me a loving heart attack one day. Cracking goals from Pawlett and Mcginn though.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Coohoolin posted:

Swear to god Aberdeen will give me a loving heart attack one day. Cracking goals from Pawlett and Mcginn though.

That's what happens when you get cocky, its still Aberdeen you support.

edit: poo poo just got real, 3 -4

jre fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Dec 21, 2013

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
...and breathe!

I want to know what the caley manager said to them at half time.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Coohoolin posted:

I want to know what the caley manager said to them at half time.

jre posted:

its still Aberdeen

Scotlander
Jun 22, 2013
100% win rate against bottom six diddies carries on :) How the gently caress are we one point back of united with a 25 lesser goal difference, what a weird season so far. Apparently were 4 pts better off than we were this time last year, never would've guessed that. Keep this up and we might manage to gain the privilege of losing a couple of games to a team with a budget 10 times ours again next season, not at Parkhead!

I don't mean to be so negative, I've lived through many awful turgid seasons (Malpas), so complaining about 1 point off 2nd after 5 seasons in Europe out of six seems so petty, but I really don't know how to feel about us so far. We've been shite all season (outside today) but still at the right end of the table. Mark of title winning team I suppose and all that.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Adam Campbell did end up going on loan to St Mirren. Does anyone here support them?

radge
Jan 21, 2005

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
First entertaining derby I've seen in a while.

Shame we lost, we rode our luck at times and the result was probably right based on the balance of the game. Stupid defending for the penalty though, but I suppose you have to expect mistakes like that when you're blooding players in at this level.

Well done Hibernian, enjoy your victory.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Congrats to Hibs on beating a team with minus points

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
New years north east derby was far better. Hmpf.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:stare:

I take it everyone's seen the pitch invasion footage ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a1AfnyrZZA

Borogrove
Apr 12, 2008

jre posted:

:stare:

I take it everyone's seen the pitch invasion footage ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a1AfnyrZZA

pitch invasions, pyro, there'll be a summit about this in no time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Aberdeen fans at it as well. Getting carried away cause its their year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-25596907

quote:

Two Aberdeen fans have been told they will "almost inevitably" be jailed after being caught with smoke bombs and flares at a match with Dundee United.

Nicholas Simmers, 29, from Aberdeen, was found with smoke bombs near the Dundee club's Tannadice stadium before the New Year's Day game.

Findlay Duncan, 21, from Inverurie, was arrested after several flares were set off in the Aberdeen end of the ground.

• Locked thread