Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Totally lame in Con Air, he got punked by John Cusack.

Cusack.

(Self-sealing stembolts own, to be honest)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Benjamin Black posted:

well there was a TNG episode where the TNG crew discovered there was an ancient human-like alien race that masturbated all over the galaxy and that's why all the races in the galaxy are so human-like

Yeah, that's why all the meatflaps in the galaxy are pretty much the same. I mean, you get some minor variations in each species, like the Klingons clitoral ridges, or the Nausicaan toothy labias, but it all basically involves some kind of meat phaser going into a wormhole.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Benjamin Black posted:

really? I remember it affecting the whole galaxy in general and then for a while they only went up to warp 4 for anything but emergencies

then later they got new warp engines i guess

i dont know i watched that episode again like two days ago but it wasn't memorable enough

anyway i'm obrien and i'm frustrated by cardassian design choices

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, that's why all the meatflaps in the galaxy are pretty much the same. I mean, you get some minor variations in each species, like the Klingons clitoral ridges, or the Nausicaan toothy labias, but it all basically involves some kind of meat phaser going into a wormhole.

Can you please tell me what your avatar is? I have been horrified by it for years.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Also the actress who played that alien also played the female changeling in DS9 leading to interesting conclusions.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Neurosis posted:

Can you please tell me what your avatar is? I have been horrified by it for years.

an alien obviously

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Neurosis posted:

A "Desert Dweller", from the original Wasteland game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Keik-O face.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I'm miles o'brien and life is pretty cool since i invented this scotch flavored chewing gum

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i'm miles o'brien and i'm struggling to teach this class of 13 year olds the definitions of words

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Kira is pregnant with my child, but I am yet to gently caress her? :suicide:

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

duck monster posted:

Kira is pregnant with my child, but I am yet to gently caress her? :suicide:

this happens in real life too you dumbass

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'm Miles O'Brien and I'm the unluckiest sunuvabitch on the Citadel in science fiction.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

I am now married to a 12 year old girl* and vaguelly aware that somewhere out there aatrek is jerking off to this episode.

*TNG Rascals episode

duck monster fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 4, 2014

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i'm annoyed at quark

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If Sisko bitches about the replicators one more time I'll throw myself out the airlock.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Today Starfleet reorganised the ranks and demoted me. I think I'll go work on a space station so jokes on them.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

i'm basically a disappointing dad in space

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Maybe if he wasn't so loving grumpy and showed some initiative, he could've bootstrapped his way to a better rank-

waitaminute

O'Brien is Irish

Picard is an englishman born in France

the English always gently caress over the Irish

NO WAR BUT THE CLASS WAR

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i may be the hero of setlek III but im really very modest about it

Ryokurin
Jul 14, 2001

Wanna Die?
So I'm married to Keiko. Cool with that. But I have two kids. Well, there goes the fun in that.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Mister Macys posted:

Maybe if he wasn't so loving grumpy and showed some initiative, he could've bootstrapped his way to a better rank-

O'Brien distinguished himself in two wars, served on the federation's flagship and saved the galaxy countless times and he's basically DS9's janitor.

lol

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Irish Joe posted:

O'Brien distinguished himself in two wars, served on the federation's flagship and saved the galaxy countless times and he's basically DS9's janitor.

lol

He is my lynchpin example in my holobook "Why Social Utopias don't Work: A Plea for Genetically Engineered Sexbots"

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
The best character in Voyager was that goon who was obsessed with Voyager then made holo characters of the crew probably for dirty nasty sex but maybe just for a chat. Then everyone got really concerned about him wasting away his life in the holodeck instead of learning about the magic of friendship or whatever.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

lol

well nobody in the Federation gets paid, they just do what they like doing

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Benjamin Black posted:

well nobody in the Federation gets paid, they just do what they like doing

I still don't understand what they do with quark doing a brisk trade in everything, do they ever get around to taxing his rear end?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I am not O'Brien! I am not O'Brien! I'm not O'Brien! Ask anyone! Jerry?! Jerry?!!
/

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Lawman 0 posted:

I still don't understand what they do with quark doing a brisk trade in everything, do they ever get around to taxing his rear end?

Odo confiscates his poo poo all the time, and Quark is pretty bad so every few episodes he ends up bankrupt for doing the right thing.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

they address this in the show, basically the administration is really lenient with Quark because his bar is really healthy for the station's overall atmosphere

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Dolphin posted:

*is the only person who does his loving job consistently well, gets little to no credit*

He's a engineer, no duh.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
couldn't even get suicide right. way to go, space dilbert.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
sometimes I eat a raw potato while crying & sitting on the toilet. most of the time I don't fall off or bite my tongue.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Fandyien posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNyut2fgf5w
here is an eight minute video of o'brien getting repeatedly owned

classic o'brien

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

if he likes kayaking so much why did he get a job in space

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Now look Julian the Battle of Clontarf was a pivotal moment in Irish history, why I

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Sorry kids, won't be home tonight, gotta calibrate a lot of stuff.

Nope, won't be home tonight Keiko, the boss wants me to calibrate the deflector arrays.

Sorry mom, can't take any leave I've got a lot of calibrating to do on this station.

calibrate the pain away

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

sometimes i think he and julian get together and kiss when they're doing that battle of britain thing

hold on while i write a 1000 page story about this

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Three-Phase posted:

He's a engineer, no duh.

So's Geordi, and he went from 1st Lieutenant, to Lieutenant Commander. :colbert:
Mere consistency does not equal advancement.

You must be exceptional.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I want a Hallmark Christmas ornament of O'Brien that screams when you touch his bad shoulder then mutters about kayaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

O'Brien can only afford to decorate his tree in Stembolts.

• Locked thread