Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mecheon
Nov 27, 2007

And that was when Ecco realised the world just fucking hates dolphins.
I love that Onix name.

The annoying thing regarding the Glaceon in this game is you could get them pretty early in BW1, but the place you need to go to is blocked off until the endgame despite the entrance being early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Chorocojo posted:

I'm genuinely sad I can't raise a Leafeon or Glaceon in this game. Both special stones are only in post-game areas.

I seriously tossed an Eevee over to a different game just so I could have a Leafeon in my White2 main story team.

The lil' guy didn't disappoint me. :3:

How long did it take to find that Eevee anyway? Because I had absolutely TERRIBLE luck in my game, I found a Delcatty (spoilering just in case) before a single Eevee decided to pop up.

StrifeHira fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jan 6, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Leafeon's evolution method still just bugs the hell out of me. Just let the Leaf Stone be usable on it. There's no reason not to other than the million goony fucks on the internet crying out "Well why couldn't it evolve back in Gen 1", smugbrows raised.

VVV: I know they're continuity sticklers, I'm just saying that I just don't get it. Seems like Glaceon would work to show off the location mechanic just fine, but hey I guess that's why I'm not a game designer. V:shobon:V

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jan 6, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TwoPair posted:

Leafeon's evolution method still just bugs the hell out of me. Just let the Leaf Stone be usable on it. There's no reason not to other than the million goony fucks on the internet crying out "Well why couldn't it evolve back in Gen 1", smugbrows raised.

Um it's not the Goofy fucks fault except the ones working at Game Freak. They're kind of HUGE NERDS and sticklers for, lack of a better term, continuity and have invented like 5 new evolution stones and a bunch of new methods of evolution just to justify new evolutions for old pokemon instead of just using older stones that make thematic sense or older methods. They're kind of weirdos, those Game Freak Guys. They'd much rather staple on fixes/new stuff than change poo poo they've already done.

Also the Eevee evolutions are always 100% about showing off new mechanics. It's why Espeon and Umbreon evolve with Friendship AND Time of Day poo poo instead of Sun and Moon Stones. Glaceon and Leafeon are meant to showcase location based evolutions and Sylveon is meant to show off Pokemon-amie

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jan 6, 2014

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Great art. :allears: I look forward to Vinny facing Burgh, he may adore him now but watch as he shows his true artistic self in battle. :)

StrifeHira posted:

I seriously tossed an Eevee over to a different game just so I could have a Leafeon in my White2 main story team.

The lil' guy didn't disappoint me. :3:

How long did it take to find that Eevee anyway? Because I had absolutely TERRIBLE luck in my game, I found a Delcatty (spoilering just in case) before a single Eevee decided to pop up.

Same here on both accounts. I sent him back to create a Vaporeon. It was my first time using an actual tank and it was the best. I even used him to take on the occasional grass types. I've loved Eevee ever since the original Red, where I used a Jolteon. Being able to easily catch Eevee's here is great.

Archaotic posted:

The Eevee image made me think about the fact that in addition to there being no Dragon-type version, there isn't a Ghost-type Eevee evolution yet. I'm struggling to think of how that would even work, and imagining an Eevee starting to evolve and then just dying of a heart attack midway through the process.

Poison and fighting are also still MIA. Picture an Eevee with a cute little bandanna and a gi throwing hadokens by barking.

Mecheon
Nov 27, 2007

And that was when Ecco realised the world just fucking hates dolphins.
The thing with Eevee's evolutions is that they were the types traditionally represented by Special. With the except of next game's outlier, which of course game in after the Attack/Special thing had been sorted, the only missing Special type Eevee can't be is Dragon

Cause yeah, can't be any of the physical types.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I would love to see a steel Eevee.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Coq au Nandos posted:

I heartily endorse more Steel-types in any and every form, so I'm okay with this. Also more Ghost-types, so someone's idea for that earlier also got my support.

Honedge was basically Christmas for me, but that's not important.

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

StrifeHira posted:

It was honest to god my first encounter. he second was the Buneary. In and out bing bang boom :allears:

Also the fact you can catch Delcatty there in White2 isn't a spoiler. Its good to assume if a monster appears in an area its evolved stages do as well. you can find Muk in the sewers once you can surf.

Primworm
Aug 19, 2008

Six pokeballs, more than enough to catch anything that moves.

Cleretic posted:

I heartily endorse more Steel-types in any and every form, so I'm okay with this. Also more Ghost-types, so someone's idea for that earlier also got my support.

Honedge was basically Christmas for me, but that's not important.

Completely agree on the steel types, always thought there was a lot of cool options to turn pokemon into cyborgs.

Glad to be caught up with the LP, hopefully this time around I don't loose my internet access. I did get my avatar from one of the previous LPs I believe. Regardless, love all the artwork as always, keep up the good work!

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
I'm throwing in support for more Steel types as well. It became one of my favorite typings in Pearl when my Bronzong saved my rear end on multiple occasions.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

That sewer level felt like a deliberate troll. What other explanation for taking the most disliked level type and populating it with loving Zubats! :psyduck:

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
I remember having trouble finding Eevee here too. And when I did that little scamp broke just about all my balls :argh:

Coq au Nandos posted:

I would personally like a Steel Eevee to be knight themed, and introduced alongside the Dragon Eevee.

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Steel-type eevee is a train. trains are powerful. I like trains.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Chorocojo posted:

...You realize that if you do end up LPing a gen where this does happen, you're now committed to making the PC's name Selphie, right?

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

A real avatar never dies, even when it's replaced!

Archaotic posted:

The Eevee image made me think about the fact that in addition to there being no Dragon-type version, there isn't a Ghost-type Eevee evolution yet. I'm struggling to think of how that would even work, and imagining an Eevee starting to evolve and then just dying of a heart attack midway through the process.

"What's this? EEVEE is evolving!

EEVEE evolved into UNDEADEON!"

Er, Undeadeon sounds kinda stupid. How about, Phantomeon

It also can't be a Fighting, Flying, Rock or Steel Type. Not much of a loss though (aside for steel cause steel's pretty boss).

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!
This is the one game I've never really been bothered by the overwhelming presence of Zubats in "caves". I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just the change of scenery - maybe it's the wild Eevee at the end. Who knows!

Chorocojo posted:

This man knows the score. Trains trains trains trains traaaiiins.

KDavisJr posted:

Appariteon. :ghost:

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Shaezerus posted:

Appariteon. :ghost:

Nah, nah, it's gotta be Wispeon, in keeping with every other -eon (except Espeon and Vaporeon :sigh:) being 4 letters followed by -eon.

e: Forgot about Vaporeon for a second there.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

KDavisJr posted:

It also can't be a Fighting, Flying, Rock or Steel Type. Not much of a loss though (aside for steel cause steel's pretty boss).

Speak for yourself. Still waiting for Kungfueon.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

SirPhoebos posted:

That sewer level felt like a deliberate troll. What other explanation for taking the most disliked level type and populating it with loving Zubats! :psyduck:

I liked it. :shobon: The other common encounter was Rattata and they both give speed EVs so I could level up in there and EV train without actually EV training.

Kobold
Jan 22, 2008

Centuries of knowledge ingrained into my brain,
and this STILL makes no sense.

Coq au Nandos posted:

It should clearly be called Alumineon or Titaneon. :colbert:
Also, I've always imagined a Fighting-type Eevee as looking basically the same but having a fist for a head. I'm not entirely sure why. Good ol' Puncheon.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Kobold posted:

Titaneon caused my brain to think of this horrible monstrosity.

Now you must all suffer that mental image along with me.

Archaotic
Aug 12, 2008

KDavisJr posted:

Honestly, Undeadeon is pretty bad. I'm surprised I didn't think of Zombeon, which at least makes some degree of phonetic sense.

I would also like to see a Steel-type Eevee, that would be awesome.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Kobold posted:

Also, I've always imagined a Fighting-type Eevee as looking basically the same but having a fist for a head. I'm not entirely sure why. Good ol' Puncheon.

The only proper name for a Fighting-type Eevee is, and always will be, Champeon.

McGwee
May 1, 2012

Leafeon is my favorite eevee and having to wait intill postgame for was sad. I say it doesn't get enough love

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

The only proper name for a Fighting-type Eevee is, and always will be, Champeon.

This man speaks the truth.

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

quote:

Choro Notes: Buneary are unique to Black2. White2 instead gets Skitty here.

Why in the world did I get White and White 2? They feel seriously inferior to Black and Black 2 to me in the long run.

Anyhow, I have no idea what it is that turns the sewers into the worst video game level. It just...sort of happens, really. At least there's no Trubbish (I think)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ephraim225 posted:

Why in the world did I get White and White 2? They feel seriously inferior to Black and Black 2 to me in the long run.

Anyhow, I have no idea what it is that turns the sewers into the worst video game level. It just...sort of happens, really. At least there's no Trubbish (I think)

It's because they're usually just a series of bland identical tunnels wrapping around into a maze. It'll either be a long tedious slog through dull scenery, or the game won't supply a map and it'll suck twice as much because you have no points of interest to navigate by.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Archaotic posted:

Ghost-type Eevee

I think you mean Skeleton.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Green Intern posted:

I think you mean Skeleton.

Phanteon :colbert:.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Specteon? Ghasteon/Geisteon?

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!

Cerony posted:

I would personally like a Steel Eevee to be knight themed, and introduced alongside the Dragon Eevee.

It would appear that I'm about the only person who thinks that the current number of Eevelutions is a pretty good number.

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

I knew this was going to happen the moment that little fucker appeared on my screen.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
No matter how many evolutions Eevee gets, people will endlessly debate about new evos and make totally original do not steal fan Eeveelutions. It's a law.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Haifisch posted:

No matter how many evolutions Eevee gets, people will endlessly debate about new evos and make totally original do not steal fan Eeveelutions. It's a law.

They got an even better excuse in Gen 6, with the new mechanic. Now they can make more fan evolutions of already existing ones! :sigh:

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011
Oh, are we talking about the fictional evolution to Eevee that doesn't actually exist? Fabricateon?

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

A real avatar never dies, even when it's replaced!

Kobold posted:

A fighting type Eevee to me would be kinda like Lucario on all fours.

Blaziken386 posted:

Titaneon caused my brain to think of this horrible monstrosity.

Now you must all suffer that mental image along with me.

Oh god....

That's both hilarious and :stonk: at the same time

Chorocojo posted:

I knew this was going to happen the moment that little fucker appeared on my screen.

I think we all knew this would start an Eevee-ution derail.

At least it's not a bad one.

StevenM posted:

Oh, are we talking about the fictional evolution to Eevee that doesn't actually exist? Fabricateon?

I think this derail is going a tad too far now...

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

KDavisJr posted:

I think this derail is going a tad too far now...

You don't think that's a bit of an Overreacteon?

Asator
Oct 21, 2010

Talking about something other than fake eeveelutions (seriously why does that keep coming up), I see we're already getting into senseless roadblocks. We can't get to the garden while looking for Team Plasma because...someone dropped something. As much as I also hate Hugh, wouldn't it make more sense for him to drag you back if you tried to leave or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I don't understand the obsession with evee's evolutions, the dude is clearly intended to never evolve and only level by rare candies.

• Locked thread