Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

Calax posted:

I'm surprised something as obscure as Blue Destiny made it into the game.

Although it has been showing up in other Gundam media so I shouldn't be...

Blue Destiny has a video game, a manga adaptation, recent model kits, and crossover appearances in other video games (SD Gundam not counted). That isn't obscure, IMO. Gaia Gear—now that's obscure, though almost absurdly so.

If we're talking about obscure UC content, look to novelizations. Sentinel, Hathaway's Flash, that sort of thing. Anything more obscure is most likely not canon in the first place (Gigantis' Counterattack).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Terpfen posted:

Blue Destiny has a video game, a manga adaptation, recent model kits, and crossover appearances in other video games (SD Gundam not counted). That isn't obscure, IMO. Gaia Gear—now that's obscure, though almost absurdly so.

If we're talking about obscure UC content, look to novelizations. Sentinel, Hathaway's Flash, that sort of thing. Anything more obscure is most likely not canon in the first place (Gigantis' Counterattack).

What about G-Saviour? :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Sandman posted:

What about G-Saviour? :v:

Showed up in Build Fighters!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Khisanth Magus posted:

Did it happen in UC between the start of the oyw and Hathaway's flash? Yes? Congrats, it is in this game.

Is Ecole du Ciel in this game? Please tell me it is.

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.

Calax posted:

Blue Destiny is actually one of my favorite bits of UC side material. I really wish the manga covered more of it instead of just the Blue Destiny 1 and Efreet Custom fight.

------------------------------------------------

Well, it looks like we're going to be getting the Hildolfr. We send Sonnen on his way and hope for the best.

And since our research hit level three last turn, we now have a whole bunch of new suits to develop.

A Recon Zaku.

Another Zaku variant.

Acguys :swoon:

The Gallop Hovercraft

A recon plane

And at long last, an aerial transport. Now I don't have to rely on Dodais just to get around anymore.

Now that I've captured Kilimanjaro, things are going to slow down considerably. Right now my next goal is to start mass producing Goufs once they are available next turn. We've taken far more losses than I expected and I need to start replenishing our numbers.

And because I couldn't do it last turn, here is the status of the two factions. It may look like we're beating the Federation, but the Federation's rising MS numbers are making me worried.

Nothing new happening in space, just moving units to reinforce areas that are under attack.

No major movements on Earth either. Garma and Gato are moving to take Alaska. Eventually I'll be able to move units between the Americas and Asia without needing to take the Federation controlled water routes.

It's time.

First I wait until the Guntanks are close enough to attack.

Our first look at the Feddie Mobile Suits. I wasn't expecting the MP units to be here as well. But fortunately, the AI doesn't know how awesome MP Guntanks are, so I'm lucky in that regard at least.

IT BEGINS! :black101:

First blood goes to Zeon!

The surviving Guntanks are soon destroyed.

These new Feddie Mobile Suits are nothing compared to our Zakus!

The only thing that happened here was that we managed to shoot down a Depp Rogg.

Here...things went poorly. You see, I somehow got it in my head that two Zakus could totally take on two Fly Manta squads.

As you can imagine, they could not.

And so here we suffered our first real loss. drat.

Burning in a Guntank.

As has been previously demonstrated, Guntanks are nothing compared to our glorious Zakus!

The rest of the battle went smoothly, and we gain another territory.

Nothing happened here. The Salamis started running away after a single battle, and I couldn't finish it off before the turn limit hit.

Over here we find the absolute worst captain in all of the Federation.

We destroy a Magellan and heavily damage another, but that's all we managed to do.

Hey, Blex.

Long battle short, We destroyed both of the Magellans.

---TURN 12---

Our Goufs are finally done!

The MS-07A Gouf isn't the famous MS-07B that Ramba Ral uses, but it's still a very effective MS.

I immediately start producing as many as I can. All of my resources on this and the next turn is going to be spent on making more Goufs.

Our new Zaku variants and prototype Gouf have also made landfall.

In order to try and contain the breach in our defenses, I go into full panic mode. The AI WILL take advantage of this opening if I don't close it back up.

A couple of tanks and planes are destroyed. Nothing really worth noting.

As I suspected, the Federation tried to take advantage of the opening. Luckily, I was able to send units to stop them in their tracks.

Our group of misfit variants attempt to regain this territory.

Those planes never stood a chance.

They take down another bomber squad, and the battle ends.

Oh poo poo, the Feddies have really reinforced this area.

The Musai survives the battle, but I need to send reinforcements to this area or else risk losing it.

This Magellan is about to have a really bad day.

The other Magellan ran away, and we successfully hold this area yet again.

I'm really hoping that blowing most of my resources on new Goufs isn't going to be a mistake, because I'm lagging behind on my research quite a bit. After the next turn, I'm going to be focusing exclusively on research so I can make up for lost time.

Tobias Grant fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 6, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

You gave Kelly, I think his name was, the prototype Gouf? Granted I know its more of a souped-up Zaku II as opposed to a proper Gouf, but I was hoping someone cooler would be piloting it.

IIRC, the "A" Model Gouf lacks the machinegun hand and the heat whip/tenticle, yes?

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

You gave Kelly, I think his name was, the prototype Gouf? Granted I know its more of a souped-up Zaku II as opposed to a proper Gouf, but I was hoping someone cooler would be piloting it.

IIRC, the "A" Model Gouf lacks the machinegun hand and the heat whip/tenticle, yes?

Kelly is in the Desert Zaku. M'Quve's in the Prototype :v:.

and yes, the MS-07A lacks the gunhand and whip

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Correct, the MS-07A has a bazooka and heat hawk like a zaku. It's advantages are mobility, health, and evasion.

Plus you can upgrade the A to the B when you finish research.

Jegan
Nov 5, 2009
Is there a reason you haven't researched the Magella Tank yet? It's only 500 cash to research, and it's a great unit. Even if you don't want to use it, it unlocks the 06J cannon upgrade.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The 07A doesn't even have a shield. It's basically an improved Bazooka 06J, with no Dodai option. Not exactly a bad unit, but personally I rank the Desert Zaku slightly above it.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Churning out Goufs now? I've been waiting for this :japan:

NO ZAKU BOY

1 ounce Blue Curacao
1 ounce Triple Sec
1 ounce Bacardi Limon (any citrus-flavored white rum will work)
1 splash Sprite
1 splash sour mix
maraschino cherries
1 really long bendable blue straw

In a hurricane glass, layer the alcohol, Sprite and mix over cherries and ice. You can garnish with a lemon wedge or more cherries on a skewer, but they might get caught on your mustache.

In this version of the Gihren's Greed, is it possible to have Ramba Ral capture White Base along with the Guncannon and Guntank by overruling M'Quve and sending him mobile suits anyway? Because that would be totally boss if we could.

LEGO Genetics fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jan 16, 2014

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Jegan posted:

Is there a reason you haven't researched the Magella Tank yet? It's only 500 cash to research, and it's a great unit. Even if you don't want to use it, it unlocks the 06J cannon upgrade.

Because while Magella tanks are great, I just never found a reason to really use them for anything other than garrison duty. And personally I just don't like the Magella Cannon upgrade because it eats up too much energy for my taste.

LEGO Genetics posted:

In this version of the Gihren's Greed, is it possible to have Ramba Ral capture White Base along with the Guncannon and Guntank by overruling M'Quve and sending him mobile suits anyway? Because that would be totally boss if we could.

Yes. However doing that kinda forces you to use a colony drop in order to attack Jaburo if you decide against using the specialized Jaburo suits.

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

When do we learn head explosions?

Tobias Grant posted:

Because while Magella tanks are great, I just never found a reason to really use them for anything other than garrison duty. And personally I just don't like the Magella Cannon upgrade because it eats up too much energy for my taste.

Yes. However doing that kinda forces you to use a colony drop in order to attack Jaburo if you decide against using the specialized Jaburo suits.

Prepare them at once. :getin:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Tobias Grant posted:

it also requires you to be constantly researching to get the Dom in time for the event, which if you spend several turns building your forces back up you may not make in time.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Tobias Grant posted:

Kelly is in the Desert Zaku. M'Quve's in the Prototype :v:.

and yes, the MS-07A lacks the gunhand and whip

:doh: Right, the Desert Zaku and the Gouf Prototype have really similar paintschemes.

Basarin
Oct 15, 2012
The Gouf variants are probably some of the best ground mobile suits Zeon's ever fielded. As hinted by the shows, though, you don't see TOO many of them; you're more likely to see the Zakus, peppered with the occasional Dom.

Out of curiosity, do the MS-07s come in groups of three, or are they single units?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Basarin posted:

The Gouf variants are probably some of the best ground mobile suits Zeon's ever fielded. As hinted by the shows, though, you don't see TOO many of them; you're more likely to see the Zakus, peppered with the occasional Dom.

Out of curiosity, do the MS-07s come in groups of three, or are they single units?

With the exception of the prototype and the gouf custom, aka the best suit ever they come in 3s.

Jegan
Nov 5, 2009

Tobias Grant posted:

Because while Magella tanks are great, I just never found a reason to really use them for anything other than garrison duty.

The Bottoms are great for garrison duty, the Tops are the best and cheapest Anti-Air of the One Year War, easily replicated anywhere and everywhere. Just think of it as getting a Fanfan free with your fighter. Even better, a Fanfan costs 200 cash and 300 resources, a Magella Tank costs 250/600, or 125/300 each for the Top and Bottom, each of which can be "Repaired" into a full tank at retail value.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Basarin posted:

That is because as awesome as the Gouf was, the Dom was even more amazing for ground combat. The Dom is faster, more agile, better armored, and carries more firepower.

The Gouf was just "How can we make a better Zaku for fighting on earth?". While the Dom was built from square one for ground combat.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 16, 2014

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

Khisanth Magus posted:

With the exception of the prototype and the gouf custom, aka the best suit ever they come in 3s.

Better to call it the B3 Gouf, since there are plenty of "custom" Goufs out there now.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So I can't stand M'Quve. I really dislike M'Quve, he's probably my least favorite Zeon guy and I'm not even sure why.

What are his stats like?

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Patter Song posted:

So I can't stand M'Quve. I really dislike M'Quve, he's probably my least favorite Zeon guy and I'm not even sure why.

What are his stats like?

I keep a list in the OP of our current units and aces.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

You just don't appreciate art. :colbert:

His stats look pretty mediocre. Gyan was wasted on that man.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

That is because as awesome as the Gouf was, the Dom was even more amazing for ground combat. The Dom is faster, more agile, better armored, and carries more firepower.

The Gouf was just "How can we make a better Zaku for fighting on earth?". While the Dom was built from square one for ground combat.

And then, once things shift back to space, Rick Doms.

...how does the Gelgoog perform in gravity? By the time they showed up in-show, Zeon was pushed off Earth, but I assume it's possible to still be holding stuff groundside in this game by the time you get some of them.

Also, I really want some Xamels.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Char did pretty good with one in Texas colony against Gundam. Honestly aside from armor material, the Gelgoog is pretty much the equal or possibly better of RX-78 Gundam in many aspects.

That said, I'll be really tempted to vote Gyan if we have to choose between the two. Gyans can get beam rifles for mass production, right?

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 16, 2014

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

You just don't appreciate art. :colbert:

His stats look pretty mediocre. Gyan was wasted on that man.

But that sense of style! :gay:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Tobias Grant posted:

Over here we find the absolute worst captain in all of the Federation.

This is no joke, I've said multiple times that an ace piloted unit beats an empty unit, this is one of the cases of that being flat out wrong. The reason is that this guy is a general. Which means he's got a gigantic command aura. Which means he overrides everyone elses command aura and gives poo poo for all bonuses. So he's literally making your army worse by existing.

Also, Tobias have you covered the morale/fatigue mechanic yet?

The Sandman posted:

He's still not as fabulous as Garma's hair.

Nothing is as fabulous as Garma's hair.

Garma's hair when leading his own faction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu0BpXIXKDA

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Meaty Ore posted:

But that sense of style! :gay:

He's still not as fabulous as Garma's hair.

Nothing is as fabulous as Garma's hair.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Onmi posted:

Garma's hair when leading his own faction

I'm gonna guess there are several post-OYW scenarios that are basically "Garma/Dozel vs Ghiren" or "Kacylia vs Ghiren" Zeonic Civil wars? Cause really, I'd like to think Ghiren is gonna do something that gets one of his siblings wanting to murder him regardless of what changes you make to the timeline.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I'm gonna guess there are several post-OYW scenarios that are basically "Garma/Dozel vs Ghiren" or "Kacylia vs Ghiren" Zeonic Civil wars? Cause really, I'd like to think Ghiren is gonna do something that gets one of his siblings wanting to murder him regardless of what changes you make to the timeline.

Now I kind of want to see a Zeon mod for CKII for some reason.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah Zeon post OYW is essentially Garma and Kycillia both rebelling to shout "gently caress YOU" at Gihren.

I also believe that they fight the Titans and maybe the AEUG?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I voted on the wrong side but I still love the poo poo out of this Lp.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Calax posted:

There was a PS2 game called Journey to Jaburo where you played 9 missions as Amuro. It was loving hard but it had a side-game (of only 3 missions you would play over and over :suicide:) and Blue Destiny Gundam was an unlockable suit there, among tons of others. I played the game alongside Zeonic Front, which was an awesome game.

P.N.T.M.
Jan 14, 2006

tiny dinosaurs
Fun Shoe
Is the Hildorf a dead-end in research?

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

As far as I know you don't get any more research out of those one-offs prototypes, no.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Lunethex posted:

There was a PS2 game called Journey to Jaburo where you played 9 missions as Amuro. It was loving hard but it had a side-game (of only 3 missions you would play over and over :suicide:) and Blue Destiny Gundam was an unlockable suit there, among tons of others. I played the game alongside Zeonic Front, which was an awesome game.

I remember it... I'd forgotten Destiny was in that.

I do remember the Kampfner from that being an absolute BEAST.

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Gonna be a very short update today due to an unexpected event.

First, I take almost all of my aces out of their current suits. Next turn, I'll be able to put all of them into shiny new Goufs.

Next, I make more of said Goufs. This will likely be the last time I make so many new units in such a short amount of time.

Not much on the movement front. I'm moving most of the new Goufs to Africa so I can conquer the rest of it easily.

Nimbus and Johnny finally capture this territory.

The area where the enemy managed to break through my defensive line is quickly recaptured.

Up here, I sent two Musais and a couple of Gattle Fighters as reinforcements.

Our original two Musais continue to trade blows with the enemy.

Hey, Henken.

Once our reinforcements arrive, the battle begins to swing in our favor.

Eventually, I get a successful scan on all of the enemy ships.

By Turn Five, three Salamis cruisers are destroyed, and the enemy begins to retreat. Unfortunately for them, they have nowhere to run.:unsmigghh:

This place is also under attack!

It's just three Sabrefish squads, though, so I can safely wait until next turn to deal with them.

---TURN 14---

Dozle shows up and suggests that we send Char and a couple of mooks to scout out Side Seven for the Federation's 'V Project'. Since this decision is the same no matter what you pick, I went ahead and said yes.

Char calls up and accepts the mission.

Now for something actually important. the 603 reports on the Hildolfr's test results, and informs us that the Hildolfr is now available for development. Unfortunately, they also report in on Sonnen's tragic death during the test. :smith:

Now they want another test pilot (This time it's Jean Luc Duvall) for their new experimental Mobile Suit, the EMS-10 Zudah.

A few notes about the Zudah. The Zudah is one of the fastest mobile suits in the game (The average movement of a unit is 6. The Zudah's is 10). It is kind of fragile, though, and it will only operate in space.

If we say YES: We get to build the Zudah, but Duvall will die

If we say NO: We miss out on the Zudah, but Duvall will live.

Voting will end on :siren:Sunday at 12:00PM EST!:siren: I feel like I already know how this vote is going to turn out, so I'm only going to keep the vote open for a day.

Tobias Grant fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 6, 2014

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yes, if you expect to get some good use out of the Zudah.

Bart Roberts III
Jun 28, 2008
I SAY THEE NAY
Mostly because it doesn't seem like anything can dodge in this game.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'm going to vote Yes simply because I never complete all the 603 events and want to actually see the Big Rang in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

I'd say yes. Once the Gundam gets going, space is quickly going to need better and faster fighters to clean up the trail of blood it leaves behind.

• Locked thread