Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

My god, By the Rivers are really fuckin' good. Vulture is a GREAT song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol3jgOJ1dnU

Here's their bandcamp http://bytherivers.bandcamp.com/

It's like the Beat meets Rx Bandits, I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobbit
Dec 5, 2009

The Undisputed Despot
of The Atoll of Misfit Toys

El Gallinero Gros posted:

My god, By the Rivers are really fuckin' good. Vulture is a GREAT song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol3jgOJ1dnU

Here's their bandcamp http://bytherivers.bandcamp.com/

I haven't heard a new band this good in a very long time.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hobbit posted:

I haven't heard a new band this good in a very long time.

It's amazing how polished they sound.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Has anyone listened to the new mustard plug?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

TLG James posted:

Has anyone listened to the new mustard plug?

Just the songs they've streamed. I liked what I've heard though.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea there was new Mustard Plug. Here's an Amazon link, since apparently it isn't filed with the rest of their albums: http://www.amazon.com/Cant-Contain-It-Mustard-Plug/dp/B00HES8QRU/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&sr=1-1&keywords=mustard+plug+can%27t+contain+it

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

guppy posted:

Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea there was new Mustard Plug. Here's an Amazon link, since apparently it isn't filed with the rest of their albums: http://www.amazon.com/Cant-Contain-It-Mustard-Plug/dp/B00HES8QRU/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&sr=1-1&keywords=mustard+plug+can%27t+contain+it

Yea it took me forever to find it on Amazon. 8 bucks, I bought it. I really like it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anyone from Boston going to the 19th BTMI show?

How are you doing it? I don't want to have to park in the city but I also don't want to stay in Brooklyn.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Reminder to people going to the final BTMI! show: bring along a blank white shirt in case they're spray painting shirts still.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CodfishCartographer posted:

Reminder to people going to the final BTMI! show: bring along a blank white shirt in case they're spray painting shirts still.

Last few times I saw them they weren't.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Literally The Worst posted:

Last few times I saw them they weren't.

Aww :( When I saw them one of the last times they were in LA (a little over a year ago), they sprayed a shirt I brought in even though their stencils were broken. Wound up getting an extra custom shirt, which was neat. Even got it signed by Jeff! Glad I thought ahead back then, but I'll be bringing one along just in case.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Bring several shirts that you don't want anyways. The ASOB reunion show was up there in the top three wettest I've been after a show.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

I'm not sure if anyone is in need of a single ticket for the last BTMI! show on Sunday, but there is literally one left for sale through Ticketweb as of a minute ago:

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=3925204

Edit:
...and it's gone.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 16, 2014

pendulous thread
Aug 14, 2011

I probably missed it being mentioned somewhere, but The Urge had a new album release back in November. It's on Amazon for $9. I just got around to buying it today, I'm about 6 tracks in and I'm liking it a lot

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
When I saw them they weren't doing it but we asked Jeff after the show he was like 'I think there's some in the car!', and got the stencils and spray out and did some.

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.
So I have a question and it's merely for the sake of curiosity. What was the general consensus about GNV FLA vs. See The Light by Less Than Jake? I seem to remember people not being real big on the former and really liking the latter but maybe I'm wrong. If so I guess I have weird taste because I loving love GNV FLA and See The Light just doesn't do anything for me.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I love individual songs on GNV FLA -- I've played "The State of Florida" and "Does The Lion City Still Roar?" a ton, the rest of the album not so much.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

guppy posted:

I love individual songs on GNV FLA -- I've played "The State of Florida" and "Does The Lion City Still Roar?" a ton, the rest of the album not so much.

Space They Just Can't Touch and Settling Son stick out for me, and Lion City, but that's about it.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

And See The Light just completely rules.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Space They Just Can't Touch and Settling Son stick out for me, and Lion City, but that's about it.

Those are good. It turns out that you hear more good songs when you don't stop listening because you got to track 4.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I'm a big fan of Devil In My DNA. See The Light doesn't really strike my fancy.

donges
Aug 4, 2012

I'd rather be vomiting and I despise vomiting. Blegh!

Sandwolf posted:

Anyone from Boston going to the 19th BTMI show?

How are you doing it? I don't want to have to park in the city but I also don't want to stay in Brooklyn.

I'm either driving down and parking somewhere or taking a bus there and then a super late bus back.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

donges posted:

I'm either driving down and parking somewhere or taking a bus there and then a super late bus back.

Parking in Greenpoint isn't bad

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Halfway through my trip, a snow plow fucks up my windshield and nothing is open. I'm not going to make it. I'm beyond loving bummed right now.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Halfway through my trip, a snow plow fucks up my windshield and nothing is open. I'm not going to make it. I'm beyond loving bummed right now.
You can do it. Believe in yourself!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

You can do it. Believe in yourself!

I'm already back in Syracuse with literally no way to get to Brooklyn. Have fun for me guys.

donges
Aug 4, 2012

I'd rather be vomiting and I despise vomiting. Blegh!
Hey my friend dropped out for the BTMI show last minute - does anyone here want to buy a ticket for face value? Only problem is I got 'em will call, so I guess you have to meet me at the venue? If you're interested PM me - I'm taking the bus down tomorrow but I'll check my PMs before I leave.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

CDX posted:

So I have a question and it's merely for the sake of curiosity. What was the general consensus about GNV FLA vs. See The Light by Less Than Jake? I seem to remember people not being real big on the former and really liking the latter but maybe I'm wrong. If so I guess I have weird taste because I loving love GNV FLA and See The Light just doesn't do anything for me.

GNV FLA is very inconsistent and hit/miss. The good tracks are real good (Lion City, Devil DNA, etc) but half the album is kinda forgettable. See The Light is better throught the entire album.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

I'm already back in Syracuse with literally no way to get to Brooklyn. Have fun for me guys.

For what it's worth, there is a daily bus that runs through Colgate to NYC, and I think it actually originates or goes through Syracuse. Long ride, but, you know, an option. Sorry to hear things got so hosed.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

guppy posted:

These are the only four that have really stuck with me, but in all honesty, I never really gave the whole album enough listens to really make an accurate judgement

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
The only Less Than Jake album I have is Hello Rockview and I love it. Which one should I get next?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

tnimark posted:

The only Less Than Jake album I have is Hello Rockview and I love it. Which one should I get next?

Anthem has "The Science of Selling Yourself Short" and that's my favorite song. Losing Streak has some good tracks.

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.

Man, that really sucks.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

tnimark posted:

Losing Streak or Boarders and Boundaries.

Also if you dislike these two back to back songs on See The Light, just don't bother listening to the rest cause you won't like it. Or anything fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBR7BDZSxYo&t=870s

06 -- Bless the Cracks (14:31 - 17:49)
07 -- John the Baptist Bones (17:49 - 20:20)

And this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBR7BDZSxYo&t=2035s
13 -- Weekends All Year Long (33:58 - 36:41)

Those should all start at the correct times.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Good stuff. Bought See The Light and Boarders and Boundaries. Thanks.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

tnimark posted:

Losing Streak and Hello Rockview are generally considered the two most seminal. Losing Streak is a little less well-produced. I love them both, personally.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I seem to like it more than most but honestly the only LTJ you can really go wrong with is In With the Out Crowd. I think it still has some pretty good songs, though

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Red Red Blue posted:

I seem to like it more than most but honestly the only LTJ you can really go wrong with is In With the Out Crowd. I think it still has some pretty good songs, though

Negative Sides and In-Dependence Day are pretty good tracks.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I saw them play an acoustic version of "The Rest Of My Life" live and I've liked that one ever since.

Then the track after starts and I remember that I hate most of the album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

guppy posted:

Losing Streak is a little less well-produced. I love them both, personally.

I completely disagree. Hello Rockview sounds like it was recorded through a tin can. The worst you can say about the production of Losing Streak is that it's kind of uninteresting, sonically. I think we have this conversation once every six months.