Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Guys... it's been several days since we've heard from 13"... I think she ate him. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I9bqPicV60

:colbert:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

meatpimp posted:

Guys... it's been several days since we've heard from 13"... I think she ate him. :(
Or he dreamt it all.

:nws:

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

meatpimp posted:

If he's dead I lobby to have the Country Boner song played at his funeral. That thing is so drat catchy that it will be his legacy amongst everyone reading the thread.

InitialDave posted:

Or he dreamt it all.

:nws:

Wow. Something significantly worse than the thing that came to my mind, which was the spider/woman hybrid from Wicked City. Go ahead and Google that if the comic didn't bother you.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Nah just been dealing with a poo poo work week and possibly coming down with a bug, I'll know tomorrow.

Ask me about wasting 2 solid days on a starter issue on an Explorer.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
actually gently caress that dont ask me dont ever bring it up again or so help me god someone is getting hurt

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Can I instead tell you about how hilarious it is to see every other mid 90s Explorer around here driving around with either completely collapsed or broken rear leaf springs or the shackles rusted into oblivion? It's all fast easy repairs that probably pay a lot of book time compared to actual time and you can assume any saggy Explorer has at least one of those problems.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
People who drive Explorers are probably the same trash who pay $5000 for a cored-out '97 CRV because it's "safer" than a $2000 2002 Civic sedan.

Once I saw an Explorer "Sport" two-door dragging rear end like a dog with a butthole ailment on the highway and the driver one-hand steering at a 45 degree angle to keep it on the road like everything was normal. One rear corner was totally collapsed and actively tearing chunks out of the rear fender.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 21, 2014

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Seat Safety Switch posted:

People who drive Explorers are probably the same trash who pay $5000 for a cored-out '97 CRV because it's "safer" than a $2000 2002 Civic sedan.

Once I saw an Explorer "Sport" two-door dragging rear end like a dog with a butthole ailment on the highway and the driver one-hand steering at a 45 degree angle to keep it on the road like everything was normal. One rear corner was totally collapsed and actively tearing chunks out of the rear fender.

Don't hate cause your cars aren't BUILT FORD TOUGH

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Just wait for the 5 speed auto to poo poo itself.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Just wait for the 5 speed auto to poo poo itself.

I have photos somewhere from when my Explorer did that. It took out the overdrive planetary, 3rd gear planetary, a couple bearings and sent a lot of metal through the valve body.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Seat Safety Switch posted:

One of my coworkers has a 2010 Explorer. Since he started working here (again), I see him more in either loaners or his mom's car, the drat thing spends a stupid amount of time in the shop.

Admittedly, the dude is 20 and drives like a giant rear end in a top hat, but how do you manage to keep breaking a fairly new vehicle (with about 40k) badly enough that it spends at least 10 days of the month in the shop?

fake edit: he wrecked his mom's brand new 2014 Cooper on the way home from work about a week ago. The Coop doesn't even have plates yet, it still has dealer tags. I'd love to turn this into something about kids not being able to drive, but someone backed out of a parking spot without looking into the side of it, so...

At the moment he's driving his mom's loaner to work, while his mom is driving his loaner. :psypop:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

some texas redneck posted:

At the moment he's driving his mom's loaner to work, while his mom is driving his loaner. :psypop:

This seems all to confusing and defies all logic. I need an adult. :v:

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I listened to this audio fiction podcast today, and the first of the three short stories starts with:

Drabblecast Episode 306 posted:

About three years ago, spiders took over my car. It’s an old car, one of the last of its kind. I’m one of the last of my kind, too.
and of course I thought of 13"

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Drag racing an early Volvo 244 uphill :hellyeah: edge of your seats right here boys and girls

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

13 INCH DICK posted:

Drag racing an early Volvo 244 uphill :hellyeah: edge of your seats right here boys and girls

Well, don't hold out on us, who won?

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Yo, it's only been 10 minutes, give the man some time.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

stabbington posted:

They still haven't made it all the way up the hill.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The mighty torque of old Swedish iron wound up winning in the end :(. First and second gear I totally had him off the line though.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Was hoping for comedy option of reverting back to your VW roots and you winning because the hill was too steep and you remembered to reverse up the hill.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I like to imagine someone was at the top of the hill hearing all the engine noise, periodically glancing over at the peak for the next half hour confused as to nothing showing up.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

13 INCH DICK posted:

When you progress to racing JB hunt trucks, lemme know.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

13 INCH DICK posted:

First and second gear I totally had him off the line though.

That's awesomely slow, it takes two gears to get off the line!

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Where does second gear top out in the Civic? 40? 45?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

Where does second gear top out in the Civic? 40? 45?

Yards per hour.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

stabbington posted:

This is how you do it folks.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I raced a garbage truck at a light once. And lost.

The best part was that a cop could have watched us do it and not realized we were drag racing at all.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
With the minor flat spots in the carb, I'm usually in 3rd by the time I hit 30 and 4th by 40. winding first all the way out and money shifting into second I *might* hit 20.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm being seriously tempted by a $300 Land Rover

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

13 INCH DICK posted:

Do it! Life is suffering. Not much you can do but ride with it.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

13 INCH DICK posted:

Like any bad relationship seeker, you get bored when things are stable and seek out new drama.

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
Can you fit the Honda into the back of the Rover?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
He should be able to. I've put bigger in mine.
:quagmire:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm an auto mechanic, what could go wrong!

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

13 INCH DICK posted:

That's only 6 cartons of smokes!

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
But then what will become of the civic? And for 300 that rover is in have a shitload of fun tearing it apart and demolishing it territory. Then selling those parts and recouping the money.

clam ache fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 30, 2014

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The rover's got bad head gaskets and I wouldnt put a dime into it, i'd keep fluids changed as necessary and drive it till it exploded haha. Civic's still my pride and joy though, it's not going anywhere.

$300 for a Disco II.....hm. Do I hate myself enough.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Yes.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

13 INCH DICK posted:

$300 for a Disco II.....hm. Do I hate myself enough.

I think we all know that you do, and $300 is worth it for a DII since you could more than make your money back just parting the fucker out when it drowns in its own fluids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Not until you have a fleet of them.

• Locked thread