Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Truly this is the Peak CIS tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
At least we got a peak at dunk city. :negative: This is really sad though, because I like the people that play on Next usually, and now that they've lost their sponsor...

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Nexon winners bracket final should be starting soon. Tune in if you want to see Bamboe feed some more.

http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
As much as I love Bamboe I hope Zephyr get loving destroyed

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Why would creep blocking with cogs be against the rules? :psyduck:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Crowbear posted:

Why would creep blocking with cogs be against the rules? :psyduck:

Sing and Puppey were talking the other day about the really strict rules at Korean tournaments. You're not allowed to draw on the map, at all, or pause without asking for a pause first.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

Sing and Puppey were talking the other day about the really strict rules at Korean tournaments. You're not allowed to draw on the map, at all, or pause without asking for a pause first.

Welcome to KeSPA

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4-mkm5xTGA

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
I'm gonna say it right here: using the Korean announcer in an English cast is stupid. Adds nothing and means you have a harder time following the game.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The guy who is allegedly 'co-casting' on the joindotared is doing a solid job, and is getting plenty of time to fill air between Capitalist's "wow what a play" outbursts.

Sudoku
Jul 18, 2009

ArchangeI posted:

I'm gonna say it right here: using the Korean announcer in an English cast is stupid. Adds nothing and means you have a harder time following the game.

I agree entirely. Why are they doing this? To be cute?

"Much love and kappa, guys". I hate how twitch memes have completely invaded anything and everything.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

The guy who is allegedly 'co-casting' on the joindotared is doing a solid job, and is getting plenty of time to fill air between Capitalist's "wow what a play" outbursts.

Lol I just checked who was casting and thats Clairvoyance. Hes a loving idiot and like the worst co-caster ever.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Firebatgyro posted:

Lol I just checked who was casting and thats Clairvoyance. Hes a loving idiot and like the worst co-caster ever.

Ah. I just can't take whatever is going on at BTS right now. Their C-teams (Lysander, Zyori) are pretty bad. B-team wise, I can take Winter when he's working with 1437 and that's about it.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Dota 2 isn't under KeSPA (yet).

Older Dota tournaments had rules about using abilities to block creeps, namely Fissure, but I think this is the first I've heard about them in Dota 2. They'd also have rules about number of sheep sticks and numbers of Necro books per team. Old Dota was weird.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

we get it, you're too busy fellating Gabe to put yourself into someone else's shoes
I wish bulba would do more casts - I really like his exposition on team play.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Lysander's twitch memes are a little annoying but he is really the best caster i've ever seen at not missing stuff happening on the map so I'll watch him over any cast that doesn't have a good pro player co-casting.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
If Zephyr win this its going to be another game where Corey carries the poo poo out of the rest of them

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Zephyr are going for their tried and true "handily win game 1 then try our best to throw every other game while Corey tries to single-handedly win" strategy.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Wow, this Eat Ham team is pretty bad

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Linke's Sphere on AntiMage can be a good idea, but I dont know about it this game. There are a ton of things to remove it.

Kilereren
Oct 17, 2012
Dire is about to have 2 Desolators. I'm more confused about that than the Antimage Linkens.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
What a Blast/Meteor

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
That Rubick RP :yum:

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
This Furion should have bought back. e2: on cooldown apparently

e: Aegis on Clock :psyduck:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Meat Recital posted:

This Furion should have bought back.

Wasn't it on cooldown?

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Meat Recital posted:

AM is invincible and Clock is the only person who can even attempt to stop Furion from ratting. Its the right choice.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Firebatgyro posted:

AM is invincible and Clock is the only person who can even attempt to stop Furion from ratting. Its the right choice.

AM would have died a number of times were prophet alive with his hex.

e: Prophet is incredibly slow on his Hex.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Zephyr's games seem to be following a pattern: Eosin offlanes and does a bunch and is a non-issue for the entire game. Purge and other support sacrifice themselves really hard early game for moderate effect and then are really behind for the entire game. Blitz is moderately useful. Corey throws everyone on his back and does some rock solid carry playing.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
AM desperately needs a Heart and a Butterfly right now. Linken's is looking increasingly like a terrible decision.

e: This is really impressive AM kiting by EoT.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Purge continues to be just awful at finding any farm at all. Its really crippling to Zephyr.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

It feels like I'm watching myself get hosed in a pub by Furion. Feels bad

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Firebatgyro posted:

Purge continues to be just awful at finding any farm at all. Its really crippling to Zephyr.

If theres anything crippling zephyr its bamboe/eosin/blitz being absolutely dreadful this game

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Meat Recital posted:

AM desperately needs a Heart and a Butterfly right now. Linken's is looking increasingly like a terrible decision.

e: This is really impressive AM kiting by EoT.

Butterfly would be only okay because of the double hexes, and AM kind of needs everything he has except arguably Abyssal. What he really needs is 3 more item slots.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
That was at least the third time Rubick has stolen RP and used it in a teamfight.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Uses rp on a solo hero right next to rubick for the 75th time.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Corey should probably find a better team

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

I know Furion totally isn't the reason they lost but fuuuuuuuck thaaaaaaat heeroooooooo.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

0-9-9 clockwerk doing the work there

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

I turned the stream on for the last 30 minutes of the game and didn't even see a half decent RP out of Magnus. Rubick had some stunners though!

apple orchard of dreams
Jun 18, 2001
Even with the buyback nerf it seemed like a billion buybacks this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

bakka bakka posted:

I turned the stream on for the last 30 minutes of the game and didn't even see a half decent RP out of Magnus. Rubick had some stunners though!

I don't think Blitz got a single RP off on multiple heroes that game.

• Locked thread