Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010

Disappointing Pie posted:

:( my subscription finally ran out. I usually ask for a year from my wife for Christmas and I completely forgot this year.

Speaking of, anyone know if there's still a voucher for $35 a year? Don't really need a shirt.

If not, I'll chuck $50 their way anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

If you want brain eating amoebas, sure.

I don't think N. Fowleri exists in this part of the world, but that's why you boil that poo poo son. Nothing makes me feel more human than flushing gunk out of my nasal cavity.

Organic Robot
Dec 26, 2007

Fig 1.
"Blueboy sees a moth."

Rirse posted:

Wow the stream just end at random for anyone else? Jeff was in mid-sentence when it went to black. And refreshing seems to put it at the start of the stream warmup music/title card.

You probably paused the stream at some point.

four different rabbits
Dec 5, 2003

SmokinDan posted:

Speaking of, anyone know if there's still a voucher for $35 a year? Don't really need a shirt.

If not, I'll chuck $50 their way anyway.
http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/pax-store-membership-codes-1451036/
supposedly these work, I haven't tried any of the codes though.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Hakkesshu posted:

I don't think N. Fowleri exists in this part of the world, but that's why you boil that poo poo son. Nothing makes me feel more human than flushing gunk out of my nasal cavity.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Brad, why are you playing Dark Souls in your spare time instead of doing that 24 hour charity stream you promised if GB raised 100k or whatever it was for charity. Seems kinda uncool to back out on that when a lot of people donated after you said that!

I know the site has a lot of -Souls content on it right now, but I don't think we ever heard about what was going to become of that stream even though you said stay tuned for more info. I would love to see a Brad run of it on the site to go with a Patrick run and LOLS. Jeff may refuse to play it for eternity, but you three having individual runs with different playstyles and such would be interesting to see.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
If you're going to use a neti pot, you should use distilled water since it won't have brain eating amoebas and your lovely hard/soft water won't make your sinuses feel any more horrible than they should

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

They do not.

I don't mind paying $50 for the next year, but I really have no use for a store discount I won't use so it's kind of bullshit that there's no $35 sale this year. I want to support the site, but I'm hardly made of money to blow on merch.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 25, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Captain Invictus posted:

Brad, why are you playing Dark Souls in your spare time instead of doing that 24 hour charity stream you promised if GB raised 100k or whatever it was for charity. Seems kinda uncool to back out on that when a lot of people donated after you said that!

I know the site has a lot of -Souls content on it right now, but I don't think we ever heard about what was going to become of that stream even though you said stay tuned for more info. I would love to see a Brad run of it on the site to go with a Patrick run and LOLS. Jeff may refuse to play it for eternity, but you three having individual runs with different playstyles and such would be interesting to see.

Everyone knows you can't trust Brad Shoemaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRpYH8u8oFI

Not only is he a microphone destroyer but he's also a mortgage broker.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Hakkesshu posted:

Neti pots are great, these guys are lamers

Is using a Neti pot something you have to get used to, or is it pretty tame? I've been curious, but anytime I even get a minute amount of water in my nose I feel like I want to die.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Captain Invictus posted:

Maybe he makes it a Dark Souls 2 stream, that would be pretty great.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Neti pots are fantastic and can reduce the time being sick by up to days if used regularly, and properly, to flush the caked infected mucus out while sick, and will generally improve how you feel while sick to boot since you won't have that pressure and constant urge to blow your nose, which will reduce the irritation and cracked skin under your nose/your upper lip.

It can be uncomfortable the first few times, but you get used to it, it's not like waterboarding or anything. Just make sure the water is hot, but not scalding hot, since the insides of your sinuses are naturally very hot too so warm water will feel tepid at best. The hotter it is, the easier it will dissolve the mucus, and the first time you do it, don't be surprised if some really awful looking stuff that's caked up in there over time comes out.

It's super gross and all that, but it really does help, and can stop a heavy allergy attack right away. I swear by it.

Edit: like, I had a real bad cold for a week and a half a few weeks ago, and every morning I'd wake up with the most horrible stuffiness ever, and I'd blow my nose and it'd just make the entire tissue covered in horrible yellow gunk, I'd go use my neti pot right away and my nose would be clear for at least another four hours after that and all the overnight buildup would be gone. It really does help when sick.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jan 25, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Get Neti'd.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Brothers was really boring and felt like a futuremark benchmark "game"

Do they explain in the goty podcasts what they felt was so great about it?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQm7YpxgOnA

edit: pretty sure this was made by a goon.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jan 25, 2014

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Is using a Neti pot something you have to get used to, or is it pretty tame? I've been curious, but anytime I even get a minute amount of water in my nose I feel like I want to die.

I never had an issue with it. If you follow the instructions and put the exact right amount of salt in, it should be fine. Sounds like Jeff put too much or too little salt in, that's when it starts to burn. I guess there's always that risk involved, but I feel like the payoff is worth it. I do it like once a month and I'm never sick.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Neti pots are cool and easy to use, except when you accidentally breathe in during the process and end up sucking the water to your frontal sinuses or something (I was trying to suppress a sneeze and that did not go well at all). That hurts.

(Also I have that exact red plastic pot)

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

For the life of me, I thought I read both in this thread and in the video's description that Dave appeared on the Kickbeat quick look. Which recent video was he in, if not that one?

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

coolskillrex remix posted:

Brothers was really boring and felt like a futuremark benchmark "game"

Do they explain in the goty podcasts what they felt was so great about it?

Jeff's opinion seemed to be summed up as "meh", Vinny thought it was pretty solid but had some janky parts, Patrick seemed to think more of it than Vinny, Alex and Brad loved it because of the story and crafted vistas when you sat on benches.

As with most Giant Bomb GOTYs it ended up on the lists because it had ardent advocates and no impassioned detractors.

Io_ fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jan 25, 2014

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

As it turned out though, there were a certain number of games better than Brothers in 2013.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

ovaries posted:

For the life of me, I thought I read both in this thread and in the video's description that Dave appeared on the Kickbeat quick look. Which recent video was he in, if not that one?

He was on Jeff's mixlr and Tested's podcast which is probably what you saw here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIsO_xdLWUI)

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Look what you did, "stop talking about Dark Souls" guys. All of these disgusting Neti pot posts are your fault.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
poo poo, I made a post about Neti Pots and it attracted a Whizbang to the thread. I'm so sorry guys, I never meant to do this to you.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Do you think Dark Souls 2 will have Neti Pots?

Will there be an amoeba ailment that can one shot you if you don't get proper water?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Was what Brad said (during the pinball QL) about Abrams wanting to have the original cast be the main cast of the new Star Wars movie true?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Whizbang posted:

Look what you did, "stop talking about Dark Souls" guys. All of these disgusting Neti pot posts are your fault.
Quick! We need a new topic, one worth :spergin: out about for ten pages straight!

Oh, here's one: A Quick Look for Zen Pinball PS4 just went up. Let's talk about pinball! There's a Monster Bash table at a local bar and it makes me happy (it also briefly made me afraid I broke it when the extra-ball CRACK sound played :( ) and it's also so much better than Zen Pinball's tables.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCKDvjVzpNQ

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Was what Brad said (during the pinball QL) about Abrams wanting to have the original cast be the main cast of the new Star Wars movie true?

Yep!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

My original reaction was WTH, but it might actually be something cool and breathe some legitimacy back into the franchise. Or maybe it'll be a hilarious disaster.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Studio posted:

Do you think Dark Souls 2 will have Neti Pots?

Will there be an amoeba ailment that can one shot you if you don't get proper water?

They'll be objects that can be used to remove debuffs, but there will also be a small percentage of 'mimic' Neti pots that instead that put a wierd egg in your head.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Rinkles posted:

My original reaction was WTH, but it might actually be something cool and breathe some legitimacy back into the franchise. Or maybe it'll be a hilarious disaster.

I think it's dumb. The original trilogy came and went already. It's time to move on and create a set of new characters for new audiences to latch on to like people did with Luke, Han and Leia. This just reeks of pandering and having no faith in being able to create compelling new characters to carry the story.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Jimbot posted:

I think it's dumb. The original trilogy came and went already. It's time to move on and create a set of new characters for new audiences to latch on to like people did with Luke, Han and Leia. This just reeks of pandering and having no faith in being able to create compelling new characters to carry the story.

My main concern is the cast no longer having it in them to pull off the characters and carry the entire movie. Hamill seems motivated enough but a wiser older Luke may be beyond his range; I don't know enough about Fisher to speculate; and the last time Harrison Ford actually gave a poo poo about a role he had was probably decades ago.

That and it being an exceedingly difficult script to write without abandoning the classic SW feel, or generally being corny. (I have little doubt in my mind it'll be better than the prequels, though!)

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

Rinkles posted:

My main concern is the cast no longer having it in them to pull off the characters and carry the entire movie. Hamill seems motivated enough but a wiser older Luke may be beyond his range; I don't know enough about Fisher to speculate; and the last time Harrison Ford actually gave a poo poo about a role he had was probably decades ago.

Let's just say you shouldn't expect any of them to be moving around all that much. I don't think there's any way they'll actually end up being the central focus of a sci-fi action film.

Coughing-up Tweed
Jun 12, 2006

Rinkles posted:

That and it being an exceedingly difficult script to write without abandoning the classic SW feel, or generally being corny. (I have little doubt in my mind it'll be better than the prequels, though!)

Jesse Plemons is in talks for the lead (Todd from Breaking Bad, Landry from Friday Night Lights). :10bux: says he will be Han and Leia's son, there's some new threat, and Luke has to train him.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm kinda curious about Geriatrics in Space. It'll probably be dumb and/or cliche as hell, but maybe it'll be fun dumb this time instead of just plain dumb like the last ones.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

I liked being reminded of Pinball Quest. I don't think I ever beat it but boy did I try a million times when I was younger.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Coughing-up Tweed posted:

Jesse Plemons is in talks for the lead (Todd from Breaking Bad, Landry from Friday Night Lights). :10bux: says he will be Han and Leia's son, there's some new threat, and Luke has to train him.
Meth Damon? Really? Really?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Man Brad was right, Harrison Ford is 71. I had no idea :stare:

Mutation posted:

Meth Damon? Really? Really?

Jesse Plemons is a great actor and Star Wars would be lucky to have him :colbert:

mcsquared
Nov 19, 2005

That DR3 QL is the most brad that ever brad. A brad look. Quick brad. Brad brad.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I get that it's the intended effect of the writing and acting but seriously gently caress Todd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.

Hakkesshu posted:

I'd totally rather watch a big, hyped up Nidhogg tournament over the snorefest that is Street Fighter 4.

Wow, the wrongest opinions are always in the Giant Bomb thread

• Locked thread