Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I liked Strax the first time he was introduced, but that's the only time I've liked any of those three. And actually, didn't he also die in that episode? Was him somehow coming back to life ever brought up?

Bicyclops posted:

...written by Eoin Colfer.

I'd love to see him do a Doctor Who story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Chairman Capone posted:

I liked Strax the first time he was introduced, but that's the only time I've liked any of those three. And actually, didn't he also die in that episode? Was him somehow coming back to life ever brought up?

You're in luck!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who-...rds=eoin+colfer

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Chairman Capone posted:

No, you wouldn't.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I used to be mad keen on Artemis Fowl but I've never read his HGTTG book. Not very good, is it?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Wow...that sounds absolutely dreadful.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
There was a minisode that addressed the Straxx thing
forgot which one.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rita Repulsa posted:

There was a minisode that addressed the Straxx thing
forgot which one.

Or you just do as I do and chalk it up to Sontaran Cloning.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
Just trying to get something straight, which Doctor does River actually marry? The Wedding of River Song doesn't count because it was an alternate timeline right? So is it supposed to be some future doctor we haven't met and from the Doctor's view point he meeting her in reverse order? 10 meets her first when she dies and some future incarnation will meet her for the last time when they marry?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mavric posted:

Just trying to get something straight, which Doctor does River actually marry? The Wedding of River Song doesn't count because it was an alternate timeline right? So is it supposed to be some future doctor we haven't met and from the Doctor's view point he meeting her in reverse order? 10 meets her first when she dies and some future incarnation will meet her for the last time when they marry?

It's 11-more or less.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Mavric posted:

No I'm pretty sure it counts. River and the Doctor would still remember the wedding and other things that happened in the alternative timeline because of TARDIS traveller privilege. Even Amy said she remembered killing Kovarian (I think) and she's just a human not a Time Lord or quasi Time Lord.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Mavric posted:

The Wedding of River Song doesn't count because it was an alternate timeline right?

It's an alternate timeline they both experienced, and both retained the experience of. Why wouldn't it count?

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
Ok thanks that clears it up. Something made me think it was supposed to be a fair off version of the doctor because when River meets 10 for the first time she comments on how he was younger than she ever seen. But then I just remembered that after Trenzalore 11 was basically the longest living incarnation so I guess that works.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Jesus christ, I have absolutely no memory of any of this alternate timeline stuff.

Its a good job I bought the blu-ray, apparently the only thing I remember about season 6 is Rory's scene at the start of "A Good Man Goes to War". Which is spectacular.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Gorn Myson posted:

Jesus christ, I have absolutely no memory of any of this alternate timeline stuff.

Its a good job I bought the blu-ray, apparently the only thing I remember about season 6 is Rory's scene at the start of "A Good Man Goes to War". Which is spectacular.

It's probably for the best you don't remember to be honest.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

marktheando posted:

It's probably for the best you don't remember to be honest.

"I won't remember any of this, will I?"

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Supposedly we're getting a Capaldi costume reveal today. The words "Victorian" and "charcoal" have been thrown around, no idea if that's gonna be accurate or not.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

HD DAD posted:

Supposedly we're getting a Capaldi costume reveal today. The words "Victorian" and "charcoal" have been thrown around, no idea if that's gonna be accurate or not.

I hope so. I kind of hope that they'll go with a style similar to Matt Smith series 7 onwards, specifically the 'The Snowmen/Time of the Doctor' outfit, that had a pretty good Victorian feel to it. And watching the post regeneration scene with Capaldi again, the outfit actually suits him - it'll need some minor personalisation tweaks of course.

Sans bowtie of course.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It better include a cape and a ruffled dickey.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's going to be a pair of aviator glasses, a t-shirt that says "I heart River" and a pair of boxer shorts with "Women are needy" written across the crotch. A "Steampunk" charcoal wristwatch that summons the Paternoster gang will be included.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

It's going to be a pair of aviator glasses, a t-shirt that says "I heart River" and a pair of boxer shorts with "Women are needy" written across the crotch. A "Steampunk" charcoal wristwatch that summons the Paternoster gang will be included.

He also wears a bathrobe over all of this and is constantly carrying a White Russian instead of his signature sonic screwdriver. Also instead of Capaldi the Doctor is now played by Jeff Bridges.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

Bicyclops posted:

Guy A. Person posted:

He also wears a bathrobe over all of this and is constantly carrying a White Russian instead of his signature sonic screwdriver. Also instead of Capaldi the Doctor is now played by Jeff Bridges.

I don't know how much I would pay to see this, but it's a lot.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Holding out for a cravat... with question marks on it.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Davros: The time has come for me to wipe out all reality, Doctor! Witness as everything you cherish is undone!
The Doctor: Well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Yeah. I'd watch a few seasons of The Dude as The Doctor.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I'm still irrationally hoping for:

Mortanis posted:

Davros: The time has come for me to wipe out all reality, Doctor! Witness as everything you cherish is undone!
The Doctor: Okay, fuckity-bye.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Guy A. Person posted:

"God drat you, Castellan! You fuckin' rear end in a top hat! Everything's a fuckin' travesty with you, man! And what was all that poo poo about the Time War? What the gently caress has anything got to do with the Time War? What the gently caress are you talking about?"

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

Ta-da!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Definition of a pimp.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Looks like its time for a return of the WHOmobile. He seems to be channeling Pertwee and that makes me really really happy.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Do you hear that? That's the sound of a million nerds rushing to London Fog to buy skinny pea coats.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
I'm pretty much good with all of that. Really classes up the joint.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I quite like that, kind of what I was expecting. It'll be interesting to see how this evolves throughout his tenure as the Doctor, and where the cloak is hidden.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

I like it, but there's something missing...

What I'm saying is, recolor that to look like Colin's coat and it'll be perfect. :allears:

EDIT: To clarify, I'm requesting a photoshop. Get on it, nerdlingers!

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
No tie?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
It has a great silhouette but it lacks decoration, he should have a fob watch or a gold pin or something.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

No tie. Subdued hair. Big disappointment. Crapoldie is already the worst doctor.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I was thinking the same, looking at the photo a bit closer, it looks like he's got a really long collar which looks a bit odd without anything else, so I'm thinking maybe they've omitted a few parts of the costume (like a tie) so on his first episode we'll have a little surprise with a fuller, more decorated costume.

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

According to Capaldi, he's "No frills, no scarf, no messing, just 100 per cent Rebel Time Lord."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/Peter-Capaldi-Doctor-Who-Costume-Revealed-

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Nice boots. Shiny, stompy, useful for kicking a few Cyberman heads in.

Not sure about the waistcoat underneath his natty coat though. The lighting, and the way it's cut so straight across the bottom makes it look more like a cardigan.

Sieje
Jun 29, 2004

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes.
Excellent. Hopefully the coat is loose enough not to get in the way of all the Venusian Aikido he'll have to start breaking out again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
So Smith's outfit evoked Troughton, and now Capaldi's is pulling Pertwee. We know where the next Doctor is heading.

I like it, but I'm going to echo the other sentiments. Something at the neck and a fob watch. He's going to be very monochromatic when standing still. Smith spun and moved a lot, and it remains to be seen how Capaldi will move, but that's a lot of solid color to pull off.

• Locked thread