Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Jeff is on Mixlr right now with Dave as passenger in his car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
Important news from Jeff's drive home: Tomorrows podcast may or may not mention pizza.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

The REAL Goobusters posted:

They took these things out last I checked.

They still require gold on both the 360 and Xbox one.

Same with netflix, etc.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

They still require gold on both the 360 and Xbox one.

Same with netflix, etc.

I think facebook and twitter were removed entirely from 360, Gold or not.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

AdmiralViscen posted:

For some reason that is sad instead of funny.
I like how you need Gold to use internet explorer, too.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Another Person posted:

Who I am going to find who is going to want to play this with me in 2014? I don't even want to play it myself, haha. I can't wait to see what they are releasing in February to disappoint me.

If it helps Guardian of Light is unironically the best Tomb Raider game. But yeah coop probably makes that experience so befriend someone and enjoy your not particularly free game.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

AdmiralViscen posted:

This is what I meant. Yeah.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

Captain Novolin posted:

Important news from Jeff's drive home: Tomorrows podcast may or may not mention pizza.

They've discovered a way to have pizza in space!

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

FuriousGeorge posted:

They've discovered a way to have pizza in space!

That's so 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfGvVjEN1u8

e: Coolest thing about this video, whether you like their music or not, is that they did the whole thing with a speaker playing their album on a loop so as the pizza gets higher and higher into the atmosphere the speaker sounds quieter and quieter until it's barely audible because there's almost no air to conduct the sound and most of the sound is being conducted through the balloon assembly itself.

Sumac fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 28, 2014

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

That's so 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfGvVjEN1u8

e: Coolest thing about this video, whether you like their music or not, is that they did the whole thing with a speaker playing their album on a loop so as the pizza gets higher and higher into the atmosphere the speaker sounds quieter and quieter until it's barely audible because there's almost no air to conduct the sound and most of the sound is being conducted through the balloon assembly itself.

I wonder who ate that slice when it came back to Earth. At that point you kind of have to, don't you?

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Rookersh posted:

I wonder who ate that slice when it came back to Earth. At that point you kind of have to, don't you?

I don't know the details, but I think the whole thing ended up in some random family's backyard, and since most of the rig was in an aluminum-insulated styrofoam container playing chiptunes on a loop, the family naturally called the cops who sent in a bomb squad.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
To be honest, if space pizza landed in my yard the first thing I would do is call the Bomb Squad too. Jeff would be stoooooked.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Another Person posted:

To be honest, if space pizza landed in my yard the first thing I would do is call the Bomb Squad too. Jeff would be stoooooked.

When there's no dominos in your town you have to take desperate measures.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

When there's no dominos in your town you have to take desperate measures.

No Dominos, but they got a Little Caesers.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Another Person posted:

No Dominos, but they got a Little Caesers.

Living within walking distance of a Little Caesars is both fantastic and terrible at the same time.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Cityinthesea posted:

Living within walking distance of a Little Caesars is both fantastic and terrible at the same time.

I can understand. If I were that close to something that convenient, I am sure I would be dead of cholesterol by now. As it stands currently, I am only half way there.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Living next to a Little Caesar's is just an exercise in disappointment.

I think I like 7-11 Pizza more than their normal $5 stuff.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Little Caesars is the best worst pizza and I will fight you over these words.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Studio posted:

I think I like 7-11 Pizza more than their normal $5 stuff.

As someone living within two blocks of both, this is pure truth. It's only $5.55 for a 7-11 pizza too, so it's not like it's that much more expensive for the quality jump you're getting.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

uPen posted:

Titanfall unless you mean stuff developed by Microsoft.

Titanfall is coming to PC though.

The only "Next gen" game coming out soon I'm interested in is MGS5, but that's being split into multiple games and I dunno what that means. Like is the one coming out in march basically a paid demo?

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
AFAIK the one coming out this year is a prologue, and The Phantom Pain picks up from where it finishes, whenever it comes out.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
7-11 Chicken Strips are pretty drat good.

Eat them when they're hot though, or they go cold and revert to their original PVC format.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Titanfall is coming to PC though.

The only "Next gen" game coming out soon I'm interested in is MGS5, but that's being split into multiple games and I dunno what that means. Like is the one coming out in march basically a paid demo?

MGS5 is coming out on the old consoles, too. And probably PC.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The 7-11 here sells egg mcmuffin-type sandwiches for 99 cents. It's way too much food for a buck and it makes me suspicious.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Mu Zeta posted:

The 7-11 here sells egg mcmuffin-type sandwiches for 99 cents. It's way too much food for a buck and it makes me suspicious.

It's not egg, it's not cheese and it's probably not even a bread substance.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Captain Novolin posted:

AFAIK the one coming out this year is a prologue, and The Phantom Pain picks up from where it finishes, whenever it comes out.

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

MGS5 is coming out on the old consoles, too. And probably PC.

Both parts? For some reason I was under the impression this one would come out on old consoles and the next part might not. Also I'm assuming the PS3/360 version will be poo poo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd rather have Little Ceasars to Dominos, though these are both a no other alternatives scenario.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'd rather have Little Ceasars to Dominos, though these are both a no other alternatives scenario.

Dominos has the best pizza tracking experience online. :colbert:

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
Update for the Giant Bomb Pronounciation Police: Rorie said 'scarcer' as 'skarser' on the movie podcast :v:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Dominos is actually pizza which makes it better than Pizza Hut and Little Ceasars automatically

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dominos is cardboard in the approximate shape of pizza. I'm not sure it's technically even food.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

A pizza is dough sauce and cheese with toppings, it isn't some kind of delicacy that can be hosed up.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

It's possible to make really great pizza, but even the worst pizza is still some okay-rear end pizza.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Jackie D posted:

Dominos is actually pizza which makes it better than Pizza Hut and Little Ceasars automatically

I don't know, the new hand-tossed Pizza Hut pizza is pretty drat good. They basically copied Domino's but it's still pretty good for big franchise pizza. Then again, I'm not really a pizza snob and really like Domino's, Pizza Hut and (if you live in the Northeast) Papa Gino's.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Fluffdaddy posted:

A pizza is dough sauce and cheese with toppings, it isn't some kind of delicacy that can be hosed up.

And poo poo, you can experiment with this for some cool results. I've done sauceless pizzas before (although I guess if you wanna get technical there were oils, so maybe you count that), and there was one that ended up having to be cheeseless because ours had gone moldy.

All were eaten. All were good. Aside from the one that caught fire, that one we tossed.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

But seriously gently caress Papa Johns

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fluffdaddy posted:

If you like Dominos more power to you, I'm not trying to stop you. But if you think it's impossible to make bad pizza you're crazy.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

It is entirely possible and likely to have terrible pizza due to low quality dough, sauce, cheese, etc.

Jackie D posted:

But seriously gently caress Papa Johns

"As an apology for our pizza, here is 2 oz container of garlic oil to try to smother our mediocre pizza with"

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I think that most people are totally ok with whatever chain pizza is put in front of them but they don't like to admit it on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Now I just get frozen pizza from the grocery store if I'm in dire need of pizza.

• Locked thread