Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Which is insanely stupid. I can't count how many times I've had a SRAW/Jav 3 feet from a tank when I take a tank shell to the face.

I hear ya but it's oh so satisfying from the Tank's perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

First the SUAV, then the UCAV, now the MAVFLAM. How long before the mortar gets nerfed? :dice: must be out to ruin fun. The ideal game is now teams of 32 wookies plinking each other with SRRs from the spawn.

Big McLargeHuge
Jan 2, 2001

Lebanon LOL
Last night I couldn't get in the groove, but I still PTFO, got points, and shot mans. I suppose some amount of fun was had. I might hop on tonight and see how things turn out post-patch.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Do we actually get to fight dinosaurs eventually? And how would that actually work? Would there be a full rota of comparative enemies with functioning AI or would one team actually play as dinosaurs? How would the AI work exactly?

Also on some Conquest games I've played, some guys just ride around the edge of the map on quad bikes when they're in my squad. Is that normal? There's obviously a human playing, as he steers etc, but when I spawn on him, he spazzes out.

verdigris murder fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 30, 2014

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

osietra posted:

Do we actually get to fight dinosaurs eventually? And how would that actually work? Would there be a full rota of comparative enemies with functioning AI or would one team actually play as dinosaurs? How would the AI work exactly?

Also on some Conquest games I've played, some guys just ride around the edge of the map on quad bikes when they're in my squad. Is that normal? There's obviously a human playing, as he steers etc, but when I spawn on him, he spazzes out.

Practicing for when they make a Motorstorm game for PS4?

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT

osietra posted:

Do we actually get to fight dinosaurs eventually? And how would that actually work?

You can on the xbone! It doesn't work out well. :getin:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

why do so many people ignore the Barretts that are just sitting on the ground for people to pick up? On OpLock a single person can shut down the entire outside route to C by just waiting for people to pop around the corner and then instantly 1 shotting them

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Because I can do the same thing with my regular gun and my functioning thumbs.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

RIP MAVFLAM. Of things they had to fix this patch... Meanwhile, there are still helicopters on Floodzone and Zavod.

Gonna miss pissing off entire teams and locking down all the vehicles.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Aishan posted:

The SOFLAM seems to be behaving as intended now. i.e. it actually has to have vision on vehicles in order to designate them.

That's not too bad as long as a player can still use the MAV as an extension of of the SOFLAM view. That was the big change.

We'll lose a few more but if placed right will still do LOCKDOWN well enough (on the dam, at the top of the hill on Golmund, carrier deck on Paracel. If they limited the range to BF3 levels than RIP.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
We can always just rock the PLD or gunner SOFLAM anyway. Goodnight sweet prince etc to the mavflam but last night we ruled their tanks so badly they stopped leaving their spawn. At one point with me designating from HLM's gunner spot we took on three tanks at once and won.

I'm just glad it got people into the habit of designating and then shooting the crap out of everything.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

bringer posted:

You can on the xbone! It doesn't work out well. :getin:

It's exclusive on the Xbone? Huh

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

losonti tokash posted:

We can always just rock the PLD or gunner SOFLAM anyway. Goodnight sweet prince etc to the mavflam but last night we ruled their tanks so badly they stopped leaving their spawn. At one point with me designating from HLM's gunner spot we took on three tanks at once and won.

I'm just glad it got people into the habit of designating and then shooting the crap out of everything.

E on Firestorm is so much fun to hold.

IF your team is also holding D.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Anyone else having problems with a "Nat type" bug making you not be able to hear your party? I've become known as the "silent guy" with the UK crew I've been playing with because of how often it happens. Sorry Bratfink, Aishan, and others!

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
I just had a really fun round of domination.

Most of the teams had quit out after the previous round, so me and a 100 Col. in one squad, and a couple of other guys in another squad, took on the opposing 5-6 guys.

But I was in luck, since the lvl 100 knew wtf he was doing, issuing squad orders, and since there were few people, it took a slightly slower pace than the usual shitstorm of grenades and gunfire.

And this will now sound cheesy as gently caress, but for as long as I've been playing online fps's, I've always loved it when you randomly end up playing in a team or squad with someone and things get high-speed-low-drag-tier-one-operator. Without even having team chat, just automatically checking corners, stacking up for door entries, outflanking the enemy, etc. Which is how most of the round went down.

And then, just like that, he was gone. Next round, two mostly new full teams, shitstorm of grenades and sniperfire, and out for the night.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

Requested_Username posted:

why do so many people ignore the Barretts that are just sitting on the ground for people to pick up? On OpLock a single person can shut down the entire outside route to C by just waiting for people to pop around the corner and then instantly 1 shotting them

A surprising number of people have no clue about the pick up wepons or what they actually do ive played with alot of goons that didnt know the barretts were a one hit kill or that the hvm was a one hit kill lock-on anti air launcher untill i told them.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

*walks past a 110 damage with no falloff sniper rifle with the lowest bullet drop in the game and a built in range finder*

nah i'm good

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Skater h8er posted:

A surprising number of people have no clue about the pick up wepons or what they actually do ive played with alot of goons that didnt know the barretts were a one hit kill or that the hvm was a one hit kill lock-on anti air launcher untill i told them.

To be fair they're also annoying difficult to actually pick up. Half the time it just throws it back on the ground again, where it's really hard to find.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I've successfully picked up a weapon like that 2 times. Once was a shotgun thing in Locker and I got shredded shortly after as per usual in Locker, the other time was an RPG and I blew up a jeep.

Every other time, I pick it up and immediately throw it on the ground, over and over, until I give up or die.

Except on the test range, where it works 100% of the time and I can see all the cool weapons I can't use in an actual match.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

To be fair they're also annoying difficult to actually pick up. Half the time it just throws it back on the ground again, where it's really hard to find.

This is what happens to me every time.
Is that a bug or something?

"Press triangle to chuck it across the room"

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I start to hear this in my head whenever I spend 10 seconds helplessly trying to pick up a weapon that keeps falling out of my hands:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ

I DON'T WANT YOUR GRENADE LAUNCHER, PHONIES!

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

someone suggested hitting reload really quickly when picking it up, which works sometimes.

however, the best method to guarantee you dont drop it is to grab it, hold ADS (LT/L1) for a few seconds. if you let got of ADS and drop it, try again with a longer hold.

that seems to do it for me.

Although it does not stop pubbies killing you while you fart-rear end around trying to pick up a USAS that does 5 damage per shot, nor does it stop your team mates wasting the HVM shots because they have no loving idea what they are doing with it.

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT

osietra posted:

It's exclusive on the Xbone? Huh

Yup. No legitimate dinos on PS4 or PC.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Coming as no surprise to anyone, hardcore is now the breeding ground for DMR snipers. Sounds like people are throwing pop-snaps at each other.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Here is me shooting some mans.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=60BC5095134FFD51!113&authkey=!AC8N275Ydl2AxqA&ithint=video%2c.mp4

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

Cannot Find Server posted:

Grenades also persist if you leave the game. Not only that, they will kill friendlies, even on normal, if you drop one at their feet and then duck out. It's a fun way to dick over useless snipers.

Actually I'm not 100% sure if this still works in BF4, but I and several other guys used to do it in BC2 and BF3.

I could have sworn I tried it in 4 and couldn't get it to work.

Holy crap though this was hilariously fun to do in BC2. I remember dropping about 6 AT mines onto some idiot sniper, tossing a 'nade and quickly leaving. Me and Mail did a little session of this too before BF3 came out, we spent several rounds griefing our team on rush. So much loving fun to blow up a friendly tank that was sitting out of bounds trying to shell the mcoms.

We should play BC2 again, Cube. Haven't played that in awhile and I have kind of been itching to Gustav spam my way to victory.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Tasoth posted:

Coming as no surprise to anyone, hardcore is now the breeding ground for DMR snipers. Sounds like people are throwing pop-snaps at each other.

I finally saw one guy mention it a few pages back but the MK Mod 11 is an amazing gun after you get used to it. I've been loving it since way before this patch. It's actually a superb short range gun if you use it right, so the fact that they increased the dmg for long range is hilarious. Trust me, that plague will spread out of hardcore to the other modes and they will end up nerfing it somehow.

The trick is to stick on ACOG/Heavy Barrel/Potato Grip and then learn the timing to pull the trigger in rhythm to the crosshair falling back to neutral (or close to it for headshots if you start out aiming center mass). Once you get it down you should win any encounter where they don't see you first and a good amount of those. This technique even works at longer ranges. I can't count the number of times I've aimed at a sniper that's just a small dot and missed a few times but as soon as one hit I pulled fast three times and dropped him.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
So in a fit of boredom I timed how long it takes to kill a tank with TOW vs Zuni rockets in an alphabet soup LAV.

12 seconds apiece. Exactly no difference in how long it took to do it. This was front armor too.

So basically I'm never using the TOW again. I'd rather have Zuni to kill infantry with, especially if they kill enemy armor just as fast as TOW missiles.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
PS4 version is getting patched right now.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

So in a fit of boredom I timed how long it takes to kill a tank with TOW vs Zuni rockets in an alphabet soup LAV.

12 seconds apiece. Exactly no difference in how long it took to do it. This was front armor too.

So basically I'm never using the TOW again. I'd rather have Zuni to kill infantry with, especially if they kill enemy armor just as fast as TOW missiles.

you should drop 'soup as well. the damage difference between it and the 25mm vs armor is really tiny, but the 25mm is way better vs infy, which are the bigger threat in this game.

another little trick with zuni's, whenever you spawn into a lav, switch to them and fire off a round. that way you'll have 23 rounds instead of 16.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
If anyones not awars of this yet theres a glitch going around in guilin peaks where you can make it into the mountains in different spot and depending on the mode do some easy spawn killing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USuSas0l0eQ and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1omkNOyNB28 are just a few ways to do it and theres quite a few more that im suprised its not used more often

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I did the thing where you jump off the railing and open the hatch on Zavod. So satisfying, but it takes like 4-5 tries. I think it works on almost any hatch, like on Golmud.

E: Could a recon with a PLO take the place of the MAVFLAM? Find a spot within 300m of a point, and laze targets all day.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jan 31, 2014

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Apparently you can just shoot the hatches open now??

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Skater h8er posted:

If anyones not awars of this yet theres a glitch going around in guilin peaks where you can make it into the mountains in different spot and depending on the mode do some easy spawn killing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USuSas0l0eQ and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1omkNOyNB28 are just a few ways to do it and theres quite a few more that im suprised its not used more often

Heh, look at this scrub.

Robot Randy posted:

With proper spawn bacon placement, you can make it inside the mountain across from the D flag on Gweilo Peaks. There's some sections of rock you can shoot/be shot through, mainly A. With more fucker you can get over the cave and from there you can fire on F and the path from F to D, as well as the center of D.

It's probably best to do this on a server without a votekick function or active admins. OGS-Remix and I were doing it on a CR server with 3000 tickets on each side, so that gave us plenty of time to gently caress about. I took a few screens of where you can shoot from. I'm about to go back in and see if I can get in on the mountain above the D flag

http://imgur.com/a/NfVDj

E: Just checked and that's the only spot where you can get in. I only checked the cave mouths though, so who knows if there's another way to get in.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

red19fire posted:

E: Could a recon with a PLO take the place of the MAVFLAM? Find a spot within 300m of a point, and laze targets all day.
They can, but you'd better have someone coordinating with you to kill whatever you lase quick, because using one literally lights you up like a Christmas tree to whomever you're pointing at.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

red19fire posted:

First the SUAV, then the UCAV, now the MAVFLAM. How long before the mortar gets nerfed? :dice: must be out to ruin fun. The ideal game is now teams of 32 wookies plinking each other with SRRs from the spawn.

Didn't see this mentioned, but the UCAV reloads itself in 60 seconds on the PC version even if you aren't near an ammo pack. This was an undocumented change but a pretty good one. Finally worth taking on some maps.

Someone with a ps4 / bone should test to see if this change is there for consoles as well.

edit: stealth nerf by slightly lowering the damage as well? not sure.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

thenicko33 posted:

you should drop 'soup as well. the damage difference between it and the 25mm vs armor is really tiny, but the 25mm is way better vs infy, which are the bigger threat in this game.

Then what the hell is the point of alphabet soup? Ugh DICE.

I have video of me getting inside death mountain, I'll try to upload it tomorrow.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's weird going back and forth between this game and Earth Defense Force 4. EDF4 should have BF4's technical advantages and number of players possible in multiplayer, and BF4 should have EDF4's giant bees and satellite lasers. The two series would be a match made in heaven.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jan 31, 2014

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
With the exception of using MAVFLAM, the patch seems okay so far. I *finally* got to play on a China Rising Domination server other people were actually playing on and everything seems a lot more fast-paced. Spawning in is a lot faster now, but I was killing and getting killed even faster than usual. It wasn't hardcore and health was set normally, so it was strange. Made for a ton of hectic gunfights, but it was fun. Commorose commands now come up on the upper-left side of your screen now after selecting them in a PC chat window-like way which I'm assuming your team/squad can see them too?

And of course, everyone and their loving cat is using DMRs now. I starting using them before they were cool. :smug:

And the best China Rising map is Altai Range by far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

I love these :allears:

• Locked thread