Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Medullah posted:

TV Exec - "No, no, no, that sounds terrible. Let's get that British kid who played 'Spike' on Buffy!"

Don't even joke :doom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, that 51 year old "kid."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, that 51 year old "kid."

Well I'm a die hard Hellblazer fan, so 51 is closer to what I expect out of John. Though I'm sure they'll go with a young one who starts every episode doing crunches wearing a trenchcoat and no shirt.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Waterhaul posted:

Don't even joke :doom:

James Marsters is a lot less terrible a possibility than "some guy no one's ever heard of who's really bad but is sexy enough to get teens to watch", which is the safe bet for any TV adaptation of a comic.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Give it to Tom Welling, he's not busy

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

James Marsters is a lot less terrible a possibility than "some guy no one's ever heard of who's really bad but is sexy enough to get teens to watch", which is the safe bet for any TV adaptation of a comic.

That description got us Stephen Amell for Arrow and he's been doing a pretty good job.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

51 is probably still a kid to most television execs.

Sumner Redstone's oldest is 59.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 2, 2014

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Lurdiak posted:

I would risk the "sexy enough to get teens" actor because there's at least a chance they could act.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Bonus: They'd be sexy. I think this is why my wife doesn't mind watching Arrow with me.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Personally, I won't be completely satisfied unless he looks like an almost-homeless version of Sting, but I'll be happy as long as he's blond, British, and an rear end in a top hat.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

That description got us Stephen Amell for Arrow and he's been doing a pretty good job.

gently caress it, Amell can be Constantine too. Build to a 'wacky misunderstanding' where they switch places due to a spell gone wrong.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope they make Constaine in a larger universe. I'd kill for him to run into Zatanna or Deadman. Or, gods be kind, Sandman.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

twistedmentat posted:

I hope they make Constaine in a larger universe. I'd kill for him to run into Zatanna or Deadman. Or, gods be kind, Sandman.

Really? Outside of the very rare cameo and like two team-ups, he barely interacted with anyone in the larger DCU once he got his own book. Bringing in guest stars would already take away from what makes him work as a character.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

Really? Outside of the very rare cameo and like two team-ups, he barely interacted with anyone in the larger DCU once he got his own book. Bringing in guest stars would already take away from what makes him work as a character.

I don't think its a bad idea really. Constantine as he stands now is a DC property, where he has titles linked to the bigger magical picture of the DCU (ie Justice League Dark). I doubt much of his tv show will be based on his Vertigo comics and it might be a way for the network to introduce DC magical characters through the backdoor like how Arrow has introduced a whole slew of DC characters.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lurdiak posted:

But some of my favourite Constantine moments were from the original Book of Magic trade. :saddowns:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Madkal posted:

I don't think its a bad idea really. Constantine as he stands now is a DC property, where he has titles linked to the bigger magical picture of the DCU (ie Justice League Dark). I doubt much of his tv show will be based on his Vertigo comics and it might be a way for the network to introduce DC magical characters through the backdoor like how Arrow has introduced a whole slew of DC characters.

Yea, that's exactly why I said that. I don't see Constantine in his own separate universe, but as part of the DCU as a whole. Even before JLD, the first person Sandman visits after being freed is Constantine then Martian Manhunter.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, that's exactly why I said that. I don't see Constantine in his own separate universe, but as part of the DCU as a whole. Even before JLD, the first person Sandman visits after being freed is Constantine then Martian Manhunter.

That's because Sandman was a DC comic at that point - and it was pretty much expected it would have crossover. Shortly after, Vertigo was created and Sandman became it's own standalone.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

That's because Sandman was a DC comic at that point - and it was pretty much expected it would have crossover. Shortly after, Vertigo was created and Sandman became it's own standalone.
If by "shortly", you mean four years later, then yes! :)

Also, Batman, Superman, and MM show up again at The Wake, which is always a fun aside.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

redbackground posted:

Also, Batman, Superman, and MM show up again at The Wake, which is always a fun aside.

Was it really 4 years? For some reason I was thinking it was immediately following Preludes and Nocturnes. But I'm an old man and easily confused by shiny objects so it's not surprising.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

Was it really 4 years? For some reason I was thinking it was immediately following Preludes and Nocturnes. But I'm an old man and easily confused by shiny objects so it's not surprising.
#47 is when Vertigo branding kicked in.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Forget getting actual actors to do things, Constantine should be played by Gordon Ramsey.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

"You want to bargain for my immortal soul? :ramsay:"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

redbackground posted:

At least MM eventually got that feeling that someone was portraying him. Or whatever that aside was.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

At least MM eventually got that feeling that someone was portraying him. Or whatever that aside was.

:smith:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Iris West and Vibe cast for the Flash series.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Now he'll just have dreams of the actor playing himself going intangible and screaming and falling unconscious

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Please be a series regular, please be a series regular.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

achillesforever6 posted:

Now he'll just have dreams of the actor playing himself going intangible and screaming and falling unconscious

If he waited a year the dream would be of a MASH actor pained green :(

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Need Gypsy and Commander Steel too!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

This might fall on deaf ears (understandably so), but yesterday's Agents of SHIELD was legit awesome. It was just a really clever, fun spy show with actual emotion and creativity shown by the people involved.

I mean as a whole the show still has a ways to go, but this episode was the first time it actually made me feel something and wasn't just 45 minutes of complete blandness.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Hakkesshu posted:

This might fall on deaf ears (understandably so), but yesterday's Agents of SHIELD was legit awesome. It was just a really clever, fun spy show with actual emotion and creativity shown by the people involved.

I mean as a whole the show still has a ways to go, but this episode was the first time it actually made me feel something and wasn't just 45 minutes of complete blandness.

I completely agree with this.

My thoughts: Deathlock's 'transformation' scene was pretty neat with the leg assembling itself. The best scene, however, was Agent Ward and Coulson trying to figure out the holodeck - probably the funniest scene thus far in the show. I wonder if they will actually kill off Skye or reveal she's an Inhuman or something?

Jonny_Rocket fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 5, 2014

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Jonny_Rocket posted:

I completely agree with this.

My thoughts: Deathlock's 'transformation' scene was pretty neat with the leg assembling itself. The best scene, however, was Agent Ward and Coulson trying to figure out the holodeck - probably the funniest scene thus far in the show. I wonder if they will actually kill off Skye or reveal she's an Inhuman or something?

I will start watching the show again if they kill her off

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

She's their current big mystery, there's no way she dies off.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
What's the status with Kree and Skrull stuff in the MCU, anyway? My assumption when they said she was an 084 was one of those, but I'd assume Skrull is with the FF rights package?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

What's the status with Kree and Skrull stuff in the MCU, anyway? My assumption when they said she was an 084 was one of those, but I'd assume Skrull is with the FF rights package?

Super Skrull is in the F4 package but regular Skrulls are not

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
And Kree are in Guardians of the Galaxy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

And Kree are in Guardians of the Galaxy.

It looks like Guardians is going to introduce a lot of the space stuff since it also has the Nova Corps in it.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Gaz-L posted:

Apparently the Chitauri and Skrulls are now different, for reasons. I wonder if wanting to use them in the Avengers means anything.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

bobkatt013 posted:

Super Skrull is in the F4 package but regular Skrulls are not

Well, named Skrulls in general (Kl'rt, Lyja, Paibok, etc) are F4, but the generic Skrulls are somehow still under the Marvel umbrella. One of the weirdest loopholes I've ever heard of, but there we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

404GoonNotFound posted:

Well, named Skrulls in general (Kl'rt, Lyja, Paibok, etc) are F4, but the generic Skrulls are somehow still under the Marvel umbrella. One of the weirdest loopholes I've ever heard of, but there we are.

Wait.. so they could say, have A Skrull Queen, but if they named her Veranke, they'd be hosed? :crossarms: