Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

What does that 14-0-3 mean if not matches won/draw and lost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Hegav posted:

Here in God's chosen land aka The States, we like to flip the L/D columns. Never miss a chance to let yall know we're special and therefore just plain better than you.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Wins-losses-draws makes as much sense as Month-day-year so at least they're consistent.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Jozy Altidore posted:

I’m trying my best. The one thing I’m learning more and more, even though I was in the Premier League before, is that English football is all about desire and fighting.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/sunderland-s-altidore-needs-goals-after-admitting-loss-of-form-1-6416522

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Lol he's not loving trying his best though is he

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

pissy smelliott posted:

Why wouldn't he be?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Ravel posted:

Wins-losses-draws makes as much sense as Month-day-year so at least they're consistent.

You say dates month day year so its the correct way

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

pissy smelliott posted:

Racist

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Gigi Galli posted:

Why wouldn't he be?

Well most of the feedback he hears is from dumb sycophantic Americans who tell him he's great and never does anything wrong and all of his failures are actually his manager/teammates' fault. Maybe he's realizing that it is he who is poo poo..?! *holds breath*

Parity warning fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 5, 2014

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Jozy is down to earth.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hegav posted:

It's his weight in stone.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Jozy is down to earth.

he fell on his fat arse op

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

vaginal culture posted:

You say dates month day year so its the correct way

I don't

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

we have proper heritage tho

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
4th of February 2014 and February 4th 2014 are both perfectly acceptable ways to say the date out loud imo, February 4, 2014 is the correct way to write it long form, and 4/2/2014 is the correct written abbreviation imo, but then again I am Canadian so I measure distance in kilometres and feet.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
20140204, or, Jozy's weight in centigrams.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
So I've been told to post this here, after calling Altidore merely mediocre rather than just awful:

habeasdorkus posted:

Altidore is not that bad. He was in a horrible position in Sunderland under lil' Mussolini and has lost all confidence. He's still got some real quality, and I think he could turn out to be an OK prem league striker in the end based upon his national team form over the last year and his performance at AZ Alkmaar.

I think those calling for Wondo are flat crazy, there's a reason why Wondolowski was benched when the US got up against the comparatively better teams in the Gold Cup. He's just not good, his goals against Korea were thanks to broken plays and poor defense by the Koreans.

Also, I came here via a comment on my Football Manager 2014 LP, so feel free to tell me what a stupid Yank I am.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Altidore is a stinker of a player. A cowardly fraud. He's real bad.

And he can't score goals.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

habeasdorkus posted:

Also, I came here via a comment on my Football Manager 2014 LP, so feel free to tell me what a stupid Yank I am.

Uh, we don't do that here. Although I might disagree with your opinion, it's not an unreasonable one and I certainly appreciate your input. I hope you enjoy your stay in the forum, and look forward to your future posts. We always welcome fans who obviously know their soccer.

I read your LP thread, looks like a lot of fun. I'll be definitely reading it from now on. Love them games. 'Till next time, or next post as one might say, hah.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

So I've been told to post this here, after calling Altidore merely mediocre rather than just awful:

I think those calling for Wondo are flat crazy, there's a reason why Wondolowski was benched when the US got up against the comparatively better teams in the Gold Cup. He's just not good, his goals against Korea were thanks to broken plays and poor defense by the Koreans.

Both players are poo poo garbage fuckboys who suck rear end and dick at soccer.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

habeasdorkus posted:

Altidore has a stinking attitude and absolutely no natural ability whatsoever, his attempts at control would be embarrassing on a park field here, as would his pathetic movement. He will never get better than 1 a season in England because he's just loving dreadful.

Dutch football basically doesn't count. There's a reason Van Dijk is attracting more attention in Scotland, because even Scotland is a better league.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Altidore is really bad at every single aspect of the game of football useful for a striker, and he's got a terrible attitude to top things off. Balancing this out, he's had Adidas throwing money at establishing his 'brand' since he was a literal child, and his career is useful as an extreme example of how good these companies are at shaping opinions of casual fans.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Altidore literally hid when his team mates were stepping up to take penalties at Old Trafford. The guy has no guts or heart he just collects his pay cheque and sticks two fingers up at the fans who pay his wages.

What a massive, talentless oval office I hope he fucks off back to Holland or the MLS or some other footballing backwater and stops stinking up the English game with his filth and bilge.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Pissflaps posted:

Altidore literally hid when his team mates were stepping up to take penalties at Old Trafford. The guy has no guts or heart he just collects his pay cheque and sticks two fingers up at the fans who pay his wages.

What a massive, talentless oval office I hope he fucks off back to Holland or the MLS or some other footballing backwater and stops stinking up the English game with his filth and bilge.

He's American so it's just the one finger.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
But he has a 77 on fifa 14, so he's not awful.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

The Jozy Altidore Thread: some sort of irrational cesspool of gormlessness

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

habeasdorkus posted:

You probably aren't stupid you've just got to realise that the only people rating altidore at the minute are US fans who don't support Sunderland but instead support altidore, the player, put simply if jozy wasn't American they wouldnt give a poo poo. Although people do troll in this thread, just see what the majority of sunderland fans on twitter are saying about altidore on a match day, then compare it to those who are obviously american.

The difference is night and day and its all because sunderland fans support the team not the player and can clearly see when a player is not pulling their weight . Saying "oh he might turn out to be a decent premier league player" might have been ok a few seasons ago but he's 24 or 25 now isnt he? At this stage he should be banging them in.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
The only things jozy fatidore is 'banging in' are burgers and hotdogs and cake.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
The thing about "he seems like a swell guy" or whatever is the most bizarre as he's clearly a lazy selfish turd who won't put the slightest bit of effort in and goes bananas at his teammates if they don't pass to him (which they don't because they know it'll just bounce off him)

not to mention the fact that that should never have any bearing on rating his ability anyway

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Pissflaps posted:

'bangnig in'

WOW

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

pissy smelliott posted:

The thing about "he seems like a swell guy" or whatever is the most bizarre as he's clearly a lazy selfish turd

And he's not even selfish in the right way. Being selfish is usually a good trait in a striker because they want to score and gently caress anyone who gets in their way.

But he doesn't give a flying fig as long as the burgerbux are rolling into ol' jozy's mattress he's happy to be a passenger in a sinking ship on a one way trip to failsville with your captain, Jozy Altidore.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

pissy smelliott posted:

lazy selfish turd bananas

Wow

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
My doctor says I need to stop thinking about Jozy so much he says it'll lead to a stroke. It's not good for me.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Ponce de Le0n posted:

You probably aren't stupid you've just got to realise that the only people rating altidore at the minute are US fans who don't support Sunderland but instead support altidore, the player, put simply if jozy wasn't American they wouldnt give a poo poo.

That's certainly true. It's more common for American fans to be National Team supporters over club supporters, I know I personally got into the USMNT long before I started really following club play because I could actually get invested in the National Team rather than be some bandwagon jumper.

And I think Altidore has been awful this season, it's a real disappointment. I don't catch many Sunderland games so I'm sure that "he's not this bad, really!" is annoying to hear when he's been awful for over half the season. I'm just saying that this performance is probably worse than he actually is.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

I'm just saying that this performance is probably worse than he actually is.
Mayhaps he needs better service, eh? *wiggles eyebrows*

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

That's certainly true. It's more common for American fans to be National Team supporters over club supporters, I know I personally got into the USMNT long before I started really following club play because I could actually get invested in the National Team rather than be some bandwagon jumper.

And I think Altidore has been awful this season, it's a real disappointment. I don't catch many Sunderland games so I'm sure that "he's not this bad, really!" is annoying to hear when he's been awful for over half the season. I'm just saying that this performance is probably worse than he actually is.

You're forgetting we've already seen him for a full year before this. It's not, he's a complete joke as a footballer. He's somehow a worse dutch league striker than *rummages in box of poo poo dutch league strikers* Afonso Alves. Wow.

I mean some things are probably harder to describe to someone who hasn't followed football since a child since you can see he just doesn't follow the ball properly, his coordination is poo poo, and that's why his control is so bad. But the fact his first touch goes further than his passes is blindingly obvious to everyone and he's bad he's so bad I hate him so much.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Spangly A posted:

You're forgetting we've already seen him for a full year before this. It's not, he's a complete joke as a footballer. He's somehow a worse dutch league striker than *rummages in box of poo poo dutch league strikers* Afonso Alves. Wow.

Afonso Alves literally scored ten times as many league goals than Jozy has managed.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Pissflaps posted:

My doctor says I need to stop thinking about Jozy so much he says it'll lead to a stroke. It's not good for me.

You wouldnt be the first in trp to have a stroke over Jozy.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

Afonso Alves literally scored ten times as many league goals than Jozy has managed.

Yes, and he scored a hattrick against City didn't he?

And he was poo poo. What does that make Jozy? We're going to need more words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

habeasdorkus posted:

If it were just "hes not that bad" there wouldnt be much of a problem, its the amount of people living in utter fantasyland where altidore actually needs to move to an even better premier league club than sunderland so his teammates wont hold him back from the torrent of goals he's obviously going to bang in. There has even been accusations that this is all part of some anti - American thing in England even though other American players play here fine and turn in good performances. Also this thread might be just a racist thing because ???

We have had two other threads like this before where we joked about comical moves for "big name" strikers darius vassell when he went to turkey and nando when he went to chelsea and there has never been this type of odd refusal to believe a player might not be as good as they thought, both in this forum and on twitter and other forums.

• Locked thread