Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
The games thread still has games probation stigma, so most of the negative poo poo I feel would get me probated over there.

The game has a wonderful quest exploit to get you to level 50 in a few days played in pvp.

Every small town or area in pvp has a quest giver that either has 1 quest or cycles through like 8 of them. Some of the quests are go half way across the map and kill things. Others are go 5 feet and look at something.

Since they cycle, you just keep dropping quests and picking up new ones until you get the close one. Some dude was level 45 on sunday, 3 days into the beta.

PvP has some weird latency poo poo where if you are at a keep with tons of people, your skills may not fire or fire late. But walk a bit away from them and suddenly the server can handle it and there isn't any real lag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Last_Ranger posted:

So apprently the combat is ok. None of that poo poo win WOW that is waiting for a cooldown to recharge etc. Sounds good to me but we still gotta deal with the whole leveling and balance for 1,000 players things.

the combat is garbage

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

crowfeathers posted:

the game is garbage

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

it feels like the entire game will be like the first five levels of morrowind

ie poo poo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mr. Horrible posted:

Wow probably has the best writing, environments and development of any MMO.

lmao

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i feel like if they removed everything about the game it would be much better

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

That is one ugly character model.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Eh, not that I neccesarily disagree here (look here and in the GBS for the amount of people who poo poo on it at every available opportunity, but complained when they couldn't get into the beta...) but a good chunk of people genuinely do like the game. For my part it's just another excuse to spend some time in TES' world again for a couple of months, but this time I can share it with friends who are similarly into it. Could wait six months, yeah, but I've spent more money on worse purchases so I don't feel my money is wasted in this case.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GOT A EXTRA TITTY posted:

Eh, not that I neccesarily disagree here (look here and in the GBS for the amount of people who poo poo on it at every available opportunity, but complained when they couldn't get into the beta...) but a good chunk of people genuinely do like the game. For my part it's just another excuse to spend some time in TES' world again for a couple of months, but this time I can share it with friends who are similarly into it. Could wait six months, yeah, but I've spent more money on worse purchases so I don't feel my money is wasted in this case.

um this isnt the fake elder scrolls world based on the inaccurate previous games

this is the real lore motherfucker

are you ready?

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

You could just mod the old games, though. This isn't even the same lore.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

um this isnt the fake elder scrolls world based on the inaccurate previous games

this is the real lore motherfucker

are you ready?

im ready getting my ctrl c and ctrl v all warmed up

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
itt goons hating on poo poo other people might like

*looks at a screenshot with the settings obviously not turned up*

OH LOL LOOK AT THE lovely DRAW DISTANCE

those bastards THEY CHANGED THE LORE AROUND ON ME

who's the real spergnerd, the people playing a video game or the people refusing to play a video game because of the game's lore

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the tes world you knew is no longer canon. also, I can tell you from experience that doing it with friends actually makes it worse. for example alchemy items and materials respawn slowly and are rare, and quests tend to boil down to "find a thing" or "kill a guy" both of which mean having friends doesn't improve the experience. like, you could go on a hike with friends and it'd be much better and you could find more flowers too.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Even with my settings pretty high, that draw distance is about accurate.

I mean there are always trees or mountains in the way of a long distance view, but gently caress, those times you want to see far you can't.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

have you played the game? because it looks like that even with everything turned up including draw distance

idiot

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

I played a lot of skyrim, even unmodded; I'm the loving target audience

E: and it does look like that, the draw distance option doesn't cause fog it just makes items not appear and uses lower poly models at a certain point

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

have you played the game? because it looks like that even with everything turned up including draw distance

idiot

the one shadow I can see looks like a square box and they didn't look like that on my girlfriend's PC when she played it

I don't like MMOs so I didn't get a beta but I watched her playing and it seems like an alright game. It's not earth shattering or anything but jesus christ what a massive thread just hating on the fact that there's no jungle in Cyrodiil anymore.

so maybe the draw distance can be improved but it's still a beta who really cares at this point.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

the one shadow I can see looks like a square box and they didn't look like that on my girlfriend's PC when she played it

I don't like MMOs so I didn't get a beta but I watched her playing and it seems like an alright game. It's not earth shattering or anything but jesus christ what a massive thread just hating on the fact that there's no jungle in Cyrodiil anymore.

lol we are mocking people like sperglord not the game

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

oh ok you are an idiot

it still looks like that regardless of how high his shadows are turned up because the draw distance is poo poo

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE A THING I LIKE I BETTER GO TYPE SOME WORDS TO DEFEND IT

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This is me trying to look from a lumberyard to a keep. The keep is about 3-5 times as far as my draw distance.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

crowfeathers posted:

I played a lot of skyrim, even unmodded; I'm the loving target audience

and no you aren't btw the target audience is all the people who play WoW and other MMOs they love to grind in

It might be an elder scrolls game but it's obviously not a single player RPG why would you be the target audience

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Third World Reggin posted:

This is me trying to look from a lumberyard to a keep. The keep is about 3-5 times as far as my draw distance.

sorry clearly your settings arent high enough because the trees and grass look like poo poo

nice try troll

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

I'm just laughing at people who generally expect MMOs to be good, or who are surprised when they are poo poo. Most of them are awful and fail.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

yeah your draw distance is definitely maxed out lol

who gives a poo poo anyway it's just draw distance it's not like it's hard coded into the engine. It can be changed between now and the official release

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast
Just popping in to say that I have been an avid player of the Elder Scrolls series back to Morrowind and that I have played the last 3 rounds of the ESO beta.

Its awful. Really, truly, and irredeemably awful. When I first got into the beta I was psyched out of my mind because I couldnt wait to see the whole Elder Scrolls universe in one game. So much to see! So much to explore!

The game was super buggy and laggy, so buggy in fact that I couldnt get out of the jail cell that you start out in (some NPC is supposed to come unlock it for you and just kinda never showed up). But hey, its a beta, that poo poo happens. I spend maybe 4 hours or so in the first round that I got into but it was borderline unplayable because of all the gamebreaking bugs and lag.

Then the second round of beta came around and I was excited to play it because hey, maybe the fixed all the bugs and the lag and I can do a nice exploration of the world this time around. It was less buggy and less laggy but it only took a few more hours to realize that they had ruined every single thing that made the series great.

Then I got the email that the 3rd round of the beta was this past weekend. And I didnt even open the launcher and update the game. I didnt even want to play it for free.

Good luck charging 60 bucks +15/mo for a horrible and generic MMO when your superior rivals are all free to play I guess.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

yeah your draw distance is definitely maxed out lol

who gives a poo poo anyway it's just draw distance it's not like it's hard coded into the engine. It can be changed between now and the official release

ya there will be a day 1 patch that fixes all the issues guys

you just gotta believe

preorder now

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Just popping in to say that I have been an avid player of the Elder Scrolls series back to Morrowind and that I have played the last 3 rounds of the ESO beta.

Its awful. Really, truly, and irredeemably awful. When I first got into the beta I was psyched out of my mind because I couldnt wait to see the whole Elder Scrolls universe in one game. So much to see! So much to explore!

Your first mistake lol. It's an MMO.

quote:

The game was super buggy and laggy, so buggy in fact that I couldnt get out of the jail cell that you start out in (some NPC is supposed to come unlock it for you and just kinda never showed up). But hey, its a beta, that poo poo happens. I spend maybe 4 hours or so in the first round that I got into but it was borderline unplayable because of all the gamebreaking bugs and lag.

Then the second round of beta came around and I was excited to play it because hey, maybe the fixed all the bugs and the lag and I can do a nice exploration of the world this time around. It was less buggy and less laggy but it only took a few more hours to realize that they had ruined every single thing that made the series great.

Getting frustrated about bugs and poo poo in a beta, second mistake. It doesn't matter if it's beta 1 or beta 3 it's going to have bugs and poo poo. That's the point. Also if the hardcore nerds want to spend $15 a month for a while until it goes F2P then whatever let them.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

ya there will be a day 1 patch that fixes all the issues guys

you just gotta believe

preorder now

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying why the gently caress do you people give a poo poo, is anyone shocked that a pre-release MMO is a mediocre offering

Just don't play it then. It's not like it's as hilarious as SimCity was or anything it's just 'meh yeah there's some bugs and the draw distance could be better'

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The game has improved since the first beta, but that doesn't mean a whole lot.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

And yeah, this is just trolling. The game has many faults but graphics really arent one. The draw distances isnt as far as youd want it to be but this isnt representative at all. And I was playing on a PC that cost like 800 dollars in 2011.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

And yeah, this is just trolling. The game has many faults but graphics really arent one. The draw distances isnt as far as youd want it to be but this isnt representative at all. And I was playing on a PC that cost like 800 dollars in 2011.

Thank you that's all I was trying to get at.

Between the overreaction on the draw distance and the overreaction on some minor lore changes it's like :psyduck: in here. No one is forcing you to play the game and if you are pissed because you were excited for a new Elder Scrolls game, welcome to how I was feeling the second they said it was going to be an MMO.

It's the fault of people demanding multiplayer in their single player RPG anyway, this is their just desserts as far as I'm concerned.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 11, 2014

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i just got some new pics of the higher level zones

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Not sure how saying this is my draw distance, I maxed it out, was trolling.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Not sure how saying this is my draw distance, I maxed it out, was trolling.

no you see that other screenshot, i assume from a press release, has good draw distance so clearly everyone else who had all the settings maxed out and got the same result as you were trolling

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

no you see that other screenshot, i assume from a press release, has good draw distance so clearly everyone else who had all the settings maxed out and got the same result as you were trolling

I just assume it was inaccurate because the view distance wasn't that small when I watched my girlfriend play the game. Maybe it scales according to your hardware

You're just super determined to get comedy gold out of a some relatively small problems with an MMO that is still in beta and I don't understand.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

I just assume it was inaccurate because the view distance wasn't that small when I watched my girlfriend play the game. Maybe it scales according to your hardware

You're just super determined to get comedy gold out of a some relatively small problems with an MMO that is still in beta and I don't understand.

what part of the dev team are you on?

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

Moridin920 posted:

those bastards THEY CHANGED THE LORE AROUND ON ME

who's the real spergnerd, the people playing a video game or the people refusing to play a video game because of the game's lore

thats with every setting except for water reflections at maximum you retard

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

what part of the dev team are you on?

it's like reddit or some poo poo in here

I'm not on the dev team

rainy day posted:

thats with every setting except for water reflections at maximum you retard

idk maybe it scales to your hardware it wouldn't be the first time a game did that. It looked better than that when I saw it being played last night.

I just don't get why there are 20 pages of 'lol look at how lovely this game is' when in reality it's average. Did you all get kicked out of Games or something

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

it's like reddit or some poo poo in here

I'm not on the dev team

I just don't get why there are 20 pages of 'lol look at how lovely this game is' when in reality it's average. Did you all get kicked out of Games or something

the game would have been average back in 08

its just sad now. also bland and dull especially considering they want to charge you a sub for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

graphics good enough to yiff to!!!!!!!!

• Locked thread