Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Mercurius posted:

This is the already the case and is blatantly spelled out if you do the 'investigation' thing for Marjory Delaqua in the current Living Story update. There's also very strong hints as to who the 'big bad' is and at this point I think they probably didn't actually have a coherent ending for it written at the end of last year and just stole someone's theory that was linked here a while back from Reddit and ran with it since it made more sense than whatever poo poo the Living Story team originally came up with.

Please put the actual writers who did all the banter between NPCs in the overworld on the Living Story team for Season 2 :(

Yeah, I know that theory appears to be the case. I was just riffing on the fact that Scarlet Briar went from being a mary sue filler villain to having an excuse shoe-horned in for her existence when the backlash became a bit too loud.

At least if it turns out that it's true it might do some neat stuff to the other cities. Not sure how they're going to make fighting what might be another dragon as large scale as the current one is though. That's zones and zones of content. Not exactly something you can do with a one off boss fight every few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
Crashed during a marionette fight after we killed 2 wardens. It lagged for a good 60 seconds, then jumped to the fail cutscene, and it booted me. Is there an event chest waiting for me when I log back in??? Come on baby.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Double crash. Someone hosed with debt.

Myriad
Apr 26, 2010
Server was back up for 10 seconds and then went down again.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Myriad posted:

Server was back up for 10 seconds and then went down again.

Yeah, it keeps going up and down at the moment. Almost nothing's working.

Funnily enough I can see NPCs fighting each other and that works perfectly fine.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Scarlet's real :aaaaa:

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

SlothBear posted:

Pretty sure none of those people work for Anet anymore. In case it wasn't obvious.

Do they have any actual writers or do the programers just do it themselves? Either way they should hire some decent writers. I mean writers with an MA/PhD make like less than minimum wage as adjunct professors. I'm sure they could find one that likes fantasy and would work for $12.50/hr.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

U.T. Raptor posted:

Anyone who doesn't think pets are useful has never gone dungeoning with me and Galapagos :colbert:

I can vouch for this. This dude soloed the final boss of the grawl fractal with his reef drake and spider like no other.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Archonex posted:

Yeah, I know that theory appears to be the case. I was just riffing on the fact that Scarlet Briar went from being a mary sue filler villain to having an excuse shoe-horned in for her existence when the backlash became a bit too loud.

At least if it turns out that it's true it might do some neat stuff to the other cities. Not sure how they're going to make fighting what might be another dragon as large scale as the current one is though. That's zones and zones of content. Not exactly something you can do with a one off boss fight every few months.

Maybe after the Big Bad shows up and we fight it, it will anti-climatically gently caress off to somewhere else on Tyria and ignore the existing zones entirely :v:

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

LtSmash posted:

Do they have any actual writers or do the programers just do it themselves? Either way they should hire some decent writers. I mean writers with an MA/PhD make like less than minimum wage as adjunct professors. I'm sure they could find one that likes fantasy and would work for $12.50/hr.

(A) The last person you want to write engaging content would be overqualified grad students. barf.

(B) The people who built the world did the in-game dialogue for NPCs, but there is a separate "story" team for PS/LS (Angel McCoy, who wrote White Wolf sourcebooks).

Yeah, so asking for "writers" who like "fantasy" is going to get you a steaming pile of poo poo because of "art" :suicide:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Priapus Unbound posted:

I can vouch for this. This dude soloed the final boss of the grawl fractal with his reef drake and spider like no other.

I want to like the ranger, but the sword animations drive me crazy. I guess most probably run greatsword/bow , but seems like I would be locked into that forever.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

LtSmash posted:

I'm sure they could find one that likes fantasy and would work for $12.50/hr.

They did, this is her.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

I really wish if the story was going to be kind of cliche and contrived, at least make it funny because of that? Unless that's what they're going for and they're doing a bad job of it. I like B-movie level dialogue, but there's a certain medium point in the seriousness spectrum that it needs to be in. :(

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

If I delete my characters to transfer to Maguuma do I get to keep the items in my bank?

Edit: nevermind, googled it. Maguuma here I come!

dirty nub fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Feb 12, 2014

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

dirty nub posted:

If I delete my characters to transfer to Maguuma do I get to keep the items in my bank?

Edit: nevermind, googled it. Maguuma here I come!

Except the servers are down at the moment :v

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
What are some engineer impression of the Mortar elite skill? I'm only 43 and have not picked it up yet, but was intrigued by the long range on it. I also noticed it was classified as a turret and am curious if things like Rifled Turret Barrels (15% damage 50% range) effect it. I'm guessing not, as that sounds too good to be true but I thought I'd ask.

Edit: Nevermind, wiki says it isn't effected by turret traits. Guess it was too much to ask to have a 30 point elite be worthwhile.

graynull fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 12, 2014

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Its a stationary device that will explode the moment an enemy so much as looks at it. Its terrible.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Eltoasto posted:

I want to like the ranger, but the sword animations drive me crazy. I guess most probably run greatsword/bow , but seems like I would be locked into that forever.
:eng101: I prefer axe/horn, with either a greatsword or a longbow in the other weapon set depending on what I'm trying to do (for dungeons and world bosses respectively, basically).

Also, horn 4 is the best skill in the game :allears:

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Login server still making GBS threads itself for other people?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Erdricks posted:

Login server still making GBS threads itself for other people?

Everything is still screwy, but i've made it in twice.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Brain In A Jar posted:

They did, this is her.

And we were doomed to playing Guild Wars 2: The Changeling Fanfictioning ever since.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

graynull posted:

What are some engineer impression of the Mortar elite skill? I'm only 43 and have not picked it up yet, but was intrigued by the long range on it. I also noticed it was classified as a turret and am curious if things like Rifled Turret Barrels (15% damage 50% range) effect it. I'm guessing not, as that sounds too good to be true but I thought I'd ask.

Edit: Nevermind, wiki says it isn't effected by turret traits. Guess it was too much to ask to have a 30 point elite be worthwhile.

An elementalist standing on a wall will outrange your mortar. It is a criminal waste of skill points.

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012
I didn't see this posted anywhere but here at some data mined skills for the next big patch. They are new elite skills. FYI these could all be fake.

New Elite Skills:
Elementalist
• Signet of Arcana
• Signet Passive: Gain quickness when you swap attunement.
• Signet Active: Recharge all your attunements.

Engineer
• Exceptional Kit—Weapon Kit: Equip a kit filled with a variety of powerful gadgets.

Guardian
• Staff of the Zealot—Spirit weapon: Summon an arcane staff to defend you.
• Command: Command the Staff of the Zealot to send out a barrage of zealous flames around itself, burning foes hit. This destroys the staff.

Mesmer
• Phantasmal Mastermind—Illusion: Transform yourself into a large phantasm version of yourself that smacks enemies with illusionary hands. Your current illusions are destroyed upon transforming.

Necromancer
• Summon Blood Shark—Minion: Summon a blood shark to attack foes with crippling crunches.
• Charge: Command your blood shark to charge a foe.
• Underwater replacement for Summon Flesh Golem.

• Empowered Suffering—Corruption: Torment yourself for every boon on your foe. Bleed and torment your foe for every boon they have.

Ranger
• Signet of the Beastmaster
• Signet Passive: Active effects of other signets also affect you.
• Signet Active: The next time you are downed, your pet will attempt to revive you while fully healing itself and gaining quickness.

Thief
• Repel Trap—Trap: Set a trap that launches foes away when triggered.

Warrior
• "Embrace the Pain!"—Shout: Enrage target foe, granting them quickness and applying confusion and weakness.

savagehenry
Jul 20, 2006

unvoiced linguolabial trill
These are the fake ones that have been floating around via Pastebin for a while, aren't they? As much as I'd love a way to not lose my Golem by running into ankle-deep water and the corruption line elite would be hilarious, some of the other ones seem like a bit of a stretch.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
The ranger passive thing is already a trait.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
The mesmer one isn't even written in a style befitting the game. That's on top of the ideas being bad.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

gandlethorpe posted:

The mesmer one isn't even written in a style befitting the game. That's on top of the ideas being bad.

That's how they seem so real.

Lamp Stack
Jan 14, 2011
No class is allowed to have 5 signets outside of Warrior. Those are clearly fake.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
The Jon Peter build on every class.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

LtSmash posted:

I mean writers with an MA/PhD make like less than minimum wage as adjunct professors. I'm sure they could find one that likes fantasy and would work for $12.50/hr.

I can be this person. I have no degree or anything, but I hope the 2+ years I put into my LP of GW1 will be good enough. I will settle for extremely minor NPCs that talk about the sky being blue or whatever.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
Does it seem like it's harder to get credit on events lately? You used to be able to kill a tower lord and as long as you got credit for the kill, you could stand in the ring for just one tick, then leave. As long as someone else continued capping, you would get credit for the cap...it doesn't seem to do that anymore :negative:

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
The pastebin version was posted here not long ago. I hope they are fake, I would trust anet to at least make a single interesting ability.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

HaroldofTheRock posted:

Does it seem like it's harder to get credit on events lately? You used to be able to kill a tower lord and as long as you got credit for the kill, you could stand in the ring for just one tick, then leave. As long as someone else continued capping, you would get credit for the cap...it doesn't seem to do that anymore :negative:

Works for me. Very rarely I won't get credit for a keep capture though, seems to happen if there's a massive karma train going.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
It's fake. If you check out the pastebin, it's from way back in December.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
A match made in heaven.

I ended the day with a new sword in the best game mode.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What a waste of such an amazing looking sword.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Ignore Ms.Fortune she's a slut.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Backslap posted:

Ignore Ms.Fortune she's a slut.

You wound me.

And the chocolates are pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
Noooo I missed esports :negative: loving timezone!

• Locked thread