Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Buckwheat Sings posted:

I still think they should just say gently caress it and completely rebalance 3SOE since most purists just stick with the dreamcast and arcade versions anyway. It would shake things up quite a bit and might even make the game fresh again. Though I guess it'd just turn into SF2HDR *cricket*

Literally no one ever would stick with the dreamcast version, it's an atrocious port, seriously why are you guys commenting as if you know what you're talking about when you clearly don't know a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

inthesto posted:

Actually, the Dreamcast version has some really bad lag issues. The PS2 version is considered close enough by most people, but I've still heard plenty of complaints by the purist types that it's not arcade perfect.

Oh woops. I just remember it being fun on the Dreamcast.

brian posted:

Literally no one ever would stick with the dreamcast version, it's an atrocious port, seriously why are you guys commenting as if you know what you're talking about when you clearly don't know a thing?

I do know I'd like a balanced version of it and to see it played competitively again considering it's why I personally became interested in 2d/3d animation when it first came out. Just because I'm not pro-tier at it doesn't mean I don't like watching it played. My point still stands with the die hard purists. They're not going to care about a piecemeal update on a dead game that deserves more.

Oh well at least the new Guilty Gear looks goddamned amazing and hits the right artistic buttons with me. Third Strike still has some of the best animation.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Is this Capcom patch limbo, or Console patch limbo? What I'm saying here is Steam solves everything.

brian
Sep 11, 2001

Buckwheat Sings posted:

My point still stands with the die hard purists. They're not going to care about a piecemeal update on a dead game that deserves more.

Please just stop please

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

brian posted:

Please just stop please

What the gently caress? He's saying that 3S deserves better and you're still railing on him. Stop posting, idiot.

brian
Sep 11, 2001

Broken Loose posted:

What the gently caress? He's saying that 3S deserves better and you're still railing on him. Stop posting, idiot.

The update was asked for by the diehard purists (including myself) who still play the game because they enjoy the game and for a lot of whom arcade 3S isn't feasible for anymore, I honestly don't know why people take it upon themselves to talk from a position of authority about things they know nothing about and then wonder why people who do get angry, it's baffling to me. Maybe this video will help I don't know it's clearly not something i'm capable of explaining. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb5juLUsO0w&t=44s

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

brian posted:

I honestly don't know why people take it upon themselves to talk from a position of authority about things they know nothing about and then wonder why people who do get angry, it's baffling to me. Maybe this video will help I don't know it's clearly not something i'm capable of explaining. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb5juLUsO0w&t=44s

I didn't speak 'from a position of authority'. Reread what I read since I even made a dumb joke about it just becoming SF2HDR.

I just wish the game became popular again since I loved it and it inspired me when I was younger. That's it. Breath and relax. I'm pretty sure Capcom's done with Third Strike sadly.

brian
Sep 11, 2001

Buckwheat Sings posted:

I didn't speak 'from a position of authority'. Reread what I read since I even made a dumb joke about it just becoming SF2HDR.

I just wish the game became popular again since I loved it and it inspired me when I was younger. That's it. Breath and relax. I'm pretty sure Capcom's done with Third Strike sadly.

Honestly I didn't want to come off as a dick but we've been having a really good 3S revival as of late over here in the UK, we don't want Capcom to do anything to 3S other than fix the problems with OE that are in this patch that's been waiting in limbo for ages. No one who plays the game remotely well has ever wanted a balance patch or anything that comes up when the thousands of armchair SF4 players decide to comment on the game, it happens an awful lot and it's very tiring. I'd disagree about sounding like you're from a position of authority because you tried to talk about what was wanted without knowing what's going on but I'm not going to bang on about it since you seem like a nice chap who just got the wrong end of the stick.

This literally happened last weekend and I travelled 500 miles just to go it and so did people from France and Switzerland that should give you an idea of why I feel like we're a community worth protecting or whatever it is i'm doing:

http://shoryuken.com/2014/02/12/gutter-trash-uk-street-fighter-iii-3rd-strike-tournament-highlights/

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
They didn't fix the part where 3rd Strike is a bad video game.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Brians just mad that no matter how much he practices he can never beat me in 4th Strike.

brian
Sep 11, 2001

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Brians just mad that no matter how much he practices he can never beat me in 4th Strike.

Seriously, bebop is like the king of parrying things he can't possibly see until a second later, it's incredible.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

It's called SFIII: 4rd Fiesta.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

inthesto posted:

Actually, the Dreamcast version has some really bad lag issues. The PS2 version is considered close enough by most people, but I've still heard plenty of complaints by the purist types that it's not arcade perfect.

like the only real problem with 3S on the ps2 is akumas overhead, and that's not too big a deal.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zand posted:

like the only real problem with 3S on the ps2 is akumas overhead, and that's not too big a deal.

It's sfaster and has no slowdown which impacts the game a lot w/ regards to hitconfirming and reacting to things.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
brian is in denial, no one cares about dead games like 3S.

In completely unrelated news, you should play Melty Blood.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Hi everyone, Combofiend from Capcom here. We have just pushed an emergency title update for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of 3rd Strike Online Edition. We hope this update improves the balance and fun of the game. Here are the patch notes:

Removed Chun-li from the game

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

Sade posted:

Hi everyone, Combofiend from Capcom here. We have just pushed an emergency title update for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of 3rd Strike Online Edition. We hope this update improves the balance and fun of the game. Here are the patch notes:

Removed Chun-li from the game

Truly, the best update. :allears:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Remove everyone but Dudley and Sean from the game, and make it so only I can play Dudley

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx

Dias posted:

brian is in denial, no one cares about dead games like 3S.

In completely unrelated news, you should play Melty Blood.

I have only recently just started playing this game and I can concur. This poster is the poster you should listen to.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Chickenfrogman posted:

I have only recently just started playing this game and I can concur. This poster is the poster you should listen to.

Melty Blood owns and hopefully UNIB will own too.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Mintergalactic posted:

Melty Blood owns and hopefully UNIB will own too.

UNIB gameplay still looks like garbage, but it looks like fun garbage now.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

interrodactyl posted:

UNIB gameplay still looks like garbage, but it looks like fun garbage now.

Fun is all I ever hope for in my bullshit anime airdash games.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

AnonSpore posted:

Remove everyone but Dudley and Sean from the game, and make it so only I can play Dudley

You overlooked Q, and if you didn't, I will fight you with knives.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Don't imagine that many will care about this, especially with it being so short notice, but there's a Fatal Fury Real Bout 2 tournament tomorrow night on GGPO.

More info and what you need to join can be found here as well.

Click image for the stream (when it comes up tomorrow night, of course)!

I have a lot of rust to shake off if I'm going to make a halfway decent showing.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 13, 2014

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Any opinions on the stick? I have no interest in the game, and would just sell it, but that'd be pretty cheap for a fight stick assuming it's decent.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Ghostpilot posted:

Don't imagine that many will care about this, especially with it being so short notice, but there's a Fatal Fury Real Bout 2 tournament tomorrow night on GGPO.

More info can be found here as well.

Click image for the stream (when it comes up tomorrow night, of course)!

I have a lot of rust to shake off if I'm going to make a halfway decent showing.

RB2 isn't on GGPO is it? Are they playing in the unsupported room?

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

getitoffgetitoff posted:

That's right. That said, I really want to join in on this, or at least watch it. I'm really a huge fan of this game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I bought 3SOE and whenever I try to find games it takes like eight years. Maybe I'm just missing something or do people use it in tournaments these days?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

getitoffgetitoff posted:

Yeah, as Thwack! said, this'll be in the unsupported room. If you're interested, everything you need can be found here (and it in the original post).

Thwack! posted:

That's right. That said, I really want to join in on this, or at least watch it. I'm really a huge fan of this game.

Hope to put on a good show for ya (and maybe show off a thing or two)!

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Seems that they are streaming some RB2 practice / casual play right now (I'm not on it).

http://www.twitch.tv/rotanibor

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Pomp posted:

Any opinions on the stick? I have no interest in the game, and would just sell it, but that'd be pretty cheap for a fight stick assuming it's decent.

A Yolo Wizard posted:

injustice battle edition is $40 at gamestop

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Injustice+Gods+Among+Us+Battle+Edition,28zu0

you can trade in the xbox 360 version of the game for $11 on amazon, so its a nice mod project for $30. Probably on par with other $30 sticks as well

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Pomp posted:

Here's the SRK thread for the stick

This seems to be the underlying theme:

quote:

It's great as a beginner stick due to the recent price drop IF you don't plan on modding it besides the simple stuff (swapping out the restrictor gate, changing out the balltop, shaft & buttons as long you're willing to lose the LED function) but I don't recommend it as your first stick if you want to do anything more.

Some more quotes

quote:

The build quality is amazing. The case itself is on par with Madcatz if not better. The side bezel is rubberized and feels like the surface of the first generation Deathadder mouse from Razer. The plexi is durable however any scratches or differences in the surface will glow from the LED lighting therefor dried sweat, scratches and bumps will glow on the surface including the edges of the plexi and the screw holes will glow. The overall weight of the stick very very light. It is half the weight of the Madcatz SE. You have a detachable cable. The bottom is rubberized.

(from here which has a lot more info on the workings of the stick)

Dual modding may be tougher than normal, as it has LED lighted buttons. If you do dual-mod, you may or may not be able to retain that. It also does not work with Sanwa or Seimitsu mounting plates. I guess PDP (the stick producers) outsourced the parts from Qanba.

For 40 bucks though, it's a great price, honestly.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

S-Alpha posted:

To kind of put your hopes in perspective here, ASW has stopped developing for Microsoft consoles because what they made on 360 game sales wasn't earning them enough to recoup the costs of developing for it.

Got a source for this? Just wanted something to show everyone in my local scene that I'm not crazy for not buying a Xbone.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Got a source for this? Just wanted something to show everyone in my local scene that I'm not crazy for not buying a Xbone.
The source is the fact that BBCP didn't come out for 360, only PS3 and Vita.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Whoopsy.

Here's the SRK thread for the stick

This seems to be the underlying theme:

Some more quotes

(from here which has a lot more info on the workings of the stick)

Dual modding may be tougher than normal, as it has LED lighted buttons. If you do dual-mod, you may or may not be able to retain that. It also does not work with Sanwa or Seimitsu mounting plates. I guess PDP (the stick producers) outsourced the parts from Qanba.

For 40 bucks though, it's a great price, honestly.

:toot:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Endorph posted:

The source is the fact that BBCP didn't come out for 360, only PS3 and Vita.

And Xrd's target consoles are only PS3 and PS4 as well.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Also youll notice a logo missing here

Why/how in the world does our Xbox Live have +R but not PSN?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

And Xrd's target consoles are only PS3 and PS4 as well.

Yeah, I heard about Xrd only coming to Sony, I didn't put the pieces together about BB:CP not being on live, and missed the missing Xbox logo on P4A2.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Speaking of ASW stuff, the patch notes for the updated version are out and translated. Looks like they're going whole hog with the Kokonoe nerfs. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The fact that Xbox has been a dead console in Japan for loving eons is not source enough?

Gutcruncher posted:

Also youll notice a logo missing here

Why/how in the world does our Xbox Live have +R but not PSN?

It really is going to be a mystery for the ages.

• Locked thread