Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It's fuckin murdertime! Prepare for battle, and quickly get in some Strategy x 2 training. Based on what we've seen so far, this kingdom probably doesn't have any generals, maybe not even any lieutenants, and we will be personally leading the troops. poo poo, we do have troops right? We're not going in alone are we? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I find it pretty funny that the Duke trying to court the lesbian dutchess is brought up just before he shows up.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Dr Pepper posted:

I find it pretty funny that the Duke trying to court the lesbian dutchess is brought up just before he shows up.

This game really is Hella Yuri.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Well, I've never seen that on his bio before. It tickles me pink to know that his failure is recorded for the rest of the game.

Let's try seeing what's offered at the negotiations. If depressed is going to be the next mood, then we might as fall back on Animals x 2 and try rounding everything up to fifty.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
2x Foreign Intel and wear the catsuit in preparation for the Negotiations. We might not be ready for battle, but there must be some kind of dirt we can dig up to use against them.

Zira
Oct 9, 2007

You have a job! Karl has a job! What's my purpose?
Karl has a job!Karl has a job!
What's my purpose? What's my
You have a job! purpose?
What's my purpose?
What's my purpose?
Battle and swords x2

Murderqueen all the way

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
negotiate, we need the troops at home so we can crush the noble uprising that won't be far off.
Court Manners x2, time to start acting like we are the goddamn Queen.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Expression x 2, since we're going to be Depressed, we should train something in which we have bonuses. Also, Negotiate.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
* snip *

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 18, 2014

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Let's negotiate and study accounting and archery.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It's interesting that there is a Countess of Dis, considering that the city of Dis is comprised of the sixth through ninth levels of hell in the Divine Comedy. I maybe wouldn't trust anyone from a place like that.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Negotiate. War is Plan B.
2x Foreign Intelligence. Maybe we'll find some dark secret that we can use against Ixionites.

counterfeitsaint posted:

It's interesting that there is a Countess of Dis, considering that the city of Dis is comprised of the sixth through ninth levels of hell in the Divine Comedy.
We're the Crown Princess of a cataclysmic nuclear explosion in a white dwarf. I think we can handle one hellspawn countess.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
We need to learn what money is about FAST, trade and economy

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

It's interesting that there is a Countess of Dis, considering that the city of Dis is comprised of the sixth through ninth levels of hell in the Divine Comedy. I maybe wouldn't trust anyone from a place like that.

Also interesting that there's a Duchy of Hellas. These people conquered Greece!

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

JosephWongKS posted:

What we know at this point in time

That is pretty nice. With these kind of analyses, I may be able to let thread go through more than 3 playthroughs without me stepping in. I can upload the profile images to the second post, so you won't have to use the images with the dialogue for these kind of posts. How often or you going to make these things?

Also, you forgot Alice.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Feb 14, 2014

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
How is Charlotte third in line to the throne? They say that if Elodie does not bear children, she will not gain the throne and the Duke of Merva will take the throne instead (sure, fine and good), but then how is it that his daughter would be next in line and not his son? Does Charlotte have a husband and children?

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

gregory posted:

How is Charlotte third in line to the throne? They say that if Elodie does not bear children, she will not gain the throne and the Duke of Merva will take the throne instead (sure, fine and good), but then how is it that his daughter would be next in line and not his son? Does Charlotte have a husband and children?

Bearing children or getting married doesn't matter for Elodie inheriting the throne.

Laurent, Charlotte's father, is the brother of Elodie's dead mother. Given that Elodie is an only child and has no children of her own, that makes him next in line to inherit if Elodie dies. Given that he has no other siblings (I think), his daughter is next in line after that.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

gregory posted:

This is a non-sexist society. Elodie will take the throne. If she dies, her Uncle Laurent takes the throne. If he dies, then Charlotte takes the throne. Charlotte is the oldest daughter, so she would succeed Laurent. The son is younger than her. The reason Lucille doesn't take the throne is because (I believe) she is a step-aunt, so she has no blood relation to the royal crown.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 14, 2014

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Where's my Crusader Kings 2 mod?

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!

MegaZeroX posted:

This is a non-sexist society. Elodie will take the throne. If she dies, her Uncle Laurent takes the throne. If he dies, then Charlotte takes the throne. Charlotte is the oldest daughter, so she would succeed Laurent. The son is younger than her. The reason Lucille doesn't take the throne is because (I believe) she is a step-aunt, so she has no blood relation to the royal crown.

Okay, I misinterpreted what it meant by "he will take the throne if she doesn't bear children"--it means "she will take the throne, but if she dies before bearing children and he is still alive, he will take the throne." Got it now, confusion successfully defused.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is Closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Choice

Negotiate: 12

Fight: 8

Classes

Internal Affairs: 18.4

Swords: 17.9

Foreign Intelligence: 15.0

Archery: 10.8

Horses: 9.2

Everything Else < 9.0

The exact results of the class vote can be found here.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
For anyone interested, the game is 50% off as part of Steam's Valentine Sale, lasting until Sunday.

A review claims all but two skills aren't needed for the main story and that a lot of them are just for side quests and flavour text. Do you feel that is correct?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Lunar Suite posted:

For anyone interested, the game is 50% off as part of Steam's Valentine Sale, lasting until Sunday.

A review claims all but two skills aren't needed for the main story and that a lot of them are just for side quests and flavour text. Do you feel that is correct?

:laffo:

gently caress no.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Lunar Suite posted:

Not really. A playthough using only 2 skills would be very difficult (if not impossible). I can think of maybe 1 way, but that would require you getting a somewhat bad ending and have prior knowledge of all of the consequences of all of Elodie's actions. I'll test it out after I post the update.

Edit: That is completely impossible, unless you raise the two skills to 100 via the cheat console.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Feb 15, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Thank you, Your Highness.

If I might say so, you are looking particularly lovely this day. I hope you will think fondly of me.

(Is he flirting with me? He's almost as old as my father!)

We should go to court. Otherwise, our strongest emotion will be lonely.

Elodie's is currently depressed. It is will be a couple of weeks before Elodie becomes yielding.

You have the full support of my sister and myself, Your Highness.

The information about Brin's sexuality would not be there if Elodie's internal affairs was lower.

Diplomat from Ixion: Your Royal Highness, thank you for granting me this audience. I am sure we can come to an amicable agreement.

Diplomat from Ixion: Let bygones be bygones, no? We will forget about your unprovoked attacks on us, and you will transfer the rights to this little province. We can be good neighbors again, without any lives being lost.

4 skill checks failed. :ohdear:

If Elodie wasn't such a failure at negotiating, there would be more options. As it stands, the only option she can back away from is the second one. Let's check that out.

That is not acceptable. All the land north of the river belongs to us. We are willing to offer some payment in exchange for the inconvenience you have suffered, but nothing more.

Diplomat: I believe we could settle the matter for eight thousand golden lassi.

If we refuse...

I don't think that will work...

We are brought back here.

So, what should we do? Should we surrender the province, buy back the province, bluff/intimidate the negotiator, or execute him? And after these negotiations, what classes should Elodie take? Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 16, 2014

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Looking at her skills, I don't think Eloide could intimidate her way out of a paper bag(unless it's a spy bag). Execution also seems like a bad idea.

Let's solve this with :10bux:.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Okay. Intimidate. We're not giving them the provinces, and we sure as hell not emptying our royal treasury if we can help it. We'll play at civility and merely threaten to massacre everyone he knows and loves if he does not comply with our demands.

e: Intrigue and History. Our knowledge would probably work better if had context for all of it.

GrizzlyCow fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 15, 2014

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
I trust the Ixions more then I trust Bannion, so let's just Surrender. Making nice were our neighbors is sure to be a good thing!

Since she's depressed, let's work on Voice and Instrument to make use of those bonuses.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
I'm voting for the option I've never used. :commissar:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I haven't got the slightest clue if it's a good idea or not or even if it will work, but I want that guy to die. EXECUTION!!!!! :black101:

Dance x2 away on his corpse!

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Pay the money, it's probably way too much but we haven't spent a dime yet and it's the only option I can see us coming out on top.

Also Accounting and Trade, let's actually learn how to make good use of our cash.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Money solves all problems.

Accounting x2.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

execution! :smugissar: because I haven't been a dick before. Also time to sale our ships on the great accountant sea Accounts Naval Strategy :yarr::hf::10bux:

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Did I say negotiations? Sorry, I meant to say execution.

And yeah, it seems like now's a good time to do something about her economic skills. Accounting x 2.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Execution :black101:

Also more Swords x2

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
This is getting silly. Will we ever pass a skill check?

Let's draw our sword, scream the name of our country, and then kick him in the chest, knocking him down into the giant hole that happens to be just behind him. (Execute)

Let's do Accounting and Voice.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

Sure, I think we're guaranteed to live to see at least one.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

Let's draw our sword, scream the name of our country, and then kick him in the chest, knocking him down into the giant hole that happens to be just behind him. (Execute)

Let's do Accounting and Voice.

That's the way these sort of games go, you spend 75% of the game failing skill checks and when you finally start to pass them the game ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLord
Apr 28, 2013
Well what ever happens it's clear we need more knowledge of trade.

• Locked thread