Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

A, because if Hikaru is the clingy one you should date her best friend instead.

I'm pretty sure my brother has the artbook for this game.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carousel Of Regret
Nov 7, 2013
B because sidekicks

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

nielsm posted:

A, because story.

Prolly isn't gonna win, but this is my vote.

I'm also interested in one of the girls involved, and how she has a strong dislike of every other girl. Is she shy, awkward, or a standoffish jerk?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
B, because after the first game's ending, I want to know if we can actually be a sidekick at the end this time.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I'm All about us being there for our future waifu. (Also the story in this game is amazing and it would be a crime to not have it shown off.)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

A looks good to me.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
C. Fight. For the Right. To FIGHT MORE.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

C Goon is a man's name and men like to fight.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

B

Rogue Norwegian
Apr 6, 2011
Can't quite decide between A or C. I'm going A for now.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
C because I want to see the bookish library girl turn bad.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
B since the characters look interesting.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

A for story.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

FractalSandwich posted:

Hey, one of my primary schools had a green and gold uniform. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. :colbert:

Green and gold was my high school's colors. I am so, so glad we didn't have a mandated school uniform policy.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
I'm going with B in this case.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

A because why not.

GrandHound
Jun 8, 2013

It Doesn't Matter If You're Alone.
Let's go with A!

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Round C FIGHTO!

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
Let's go with A. You've talked up this game, let's put it through its paces!

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
Let's go with A story run for the first playthrough, though C sounds interesting.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

B

After the last game, it is clear that the best character will be the :science: one.

Lolance
Sep 15, 2010
Who doesn't like A story?

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
B all the way!

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
A. I'm a sucker for cliche stories.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Oh no, picking which girl to date is Tokimeki Memorial 2 is always so hard. :ohdear:

I'll pick A, mostly because of Miho. She's cute, and I want to see reactions to That Thing that makes her appear twice. Plus, she comes with a frog doll, and this is the Something Awful Forums :getin::

(My younger sister also attempted to hijack my account to change my vote to B, because of Miyuki.)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Catalina posted:

Oh no, picking which girl to date is Tokimeki Memorial 2 is always so hard. :ohdear:

I'll pick A, mostly because of Miho. She's cute, and I want to see reactions to That Thing that makes her appear twice. Plus, she comes with a frog doll, and this is the Something Awful Forums :getin::

(My younger sister also attempted to hijack my account to change my vote to B, because of Miyuki.)

Oh god is that frog in a tiny conductor's outfit. YES.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Hmm. I'll have to go with B.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Gonna go with A

GenericMook
Aug 5, 2011
All in for Kerokero-kun

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Oh boooy, I played the heck out of this game when I was on an untranslated 'obscure' Japanese games kick a long rear end time ago. I found the gameplay fun enough that I finished a run for every character, in spite of not knowing what the heck was going on for the most part.

I definitely have to go with A on this one.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
C, because Akane seems like fun, and because she appears to have the least stupid hair in the game. If we end up starting out as a lazy gamer, can Goon's name be "Gundam" this time? Because it would be funny to hear the girls call him that.

sureaboutthatthing
Oct 15, 2013
A, we can do others later.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

By the way, vibratingsheep, the EVS disc for sale on PSN has all of the girls' voice data and is 600 yen:
http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/jp0101npjj00308_000000000000000001.html

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Catalina posted:

By the way, vibratingsheep, the EVS disc for sale on PSN has all of the girls' voice data and is 600 yen:
http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/jp0101npjj00308_000000000000000001.html

I picked it up today, though when I fire it up it only shows disc 1. I'll have to fiddle around with it to see how to swap discs (the "swap disc" option in the menu doesn't work, apparently)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
C, because I'm curious why Miho appears twice in that poll.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

That girl has a frog. A. I feel like C might be more boring.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

CandyCrazy posted:

An LP on Broken Forum's already covered the Mei and Homura routes, and I already voted once for fighting, so C.

Do you have a link to this, by chance?

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

I do, but I don't think I should post it now unless vibratingsheep decides it's okay. Assuming I don't forget, I'll post it eventually, but the guy who LPed it also covered a couple TokiMemo 4 routes beforehand so there are a couple references to one of the secret routes in it, so I'm not sure if it would be best to post the link when we move on to TokiMemo 3 or wait until we're finished with 4.

CandyCrazy fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 18, 2014

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

CandyCrazy posted:

I do, but I don't think I should post it now unless vibratingsheep decides it's okay. Assuming I don't forget, I'll post it eventually, but the guy who LPed it also covered a couple TokiMemo 4 routes beforehand so there are a couple references to one of the secret routes in it, so I'm not sure if it would be best to post the link when we move on to TokiMemo 3 or wait until we're finished with 4.

I say go ahead and post it for the curious. It seems like we'll be going down the Kotoko/Miho/Kaori path anyway, so I don't mind people learning more about Homura and Mei. Just don't act too cool for school when the surprises are covered here! Everyone's been pretty great about not spoiling any secrets so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Well in that case:

http://brokenforum.com/index.php?threads/lets-play-tokimeki-memorial-2-datin-girls-and-wrasslin-bears-like-its-1999.5319/

This LP isn't as in-depth about the gameplay, but I think for showing off scenes it's about on par with vibratingsheep's TokiMemo 1 LP at least, with a bit less focus on girls that weren't chosen. The Akai Homura run starts around page 2 (page 1 is mostly childhood stuff); the Ijuuin Mei run starts on page 7. Be warned that the Mei run simultaneously shows off one of the secret characters, the deliverywoman, and in the process of trying to avoid Kaori's bombs, a couple of her scenes, one of which I assume is a major one for her story.

About the TokiMemo 4 references, for what it's worth, I don't think you'd pick up on what they mean if you don't already know exactly what they're talking about, but be careful just in case.

CandyCrazy fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 18, 2014

• Locked thread