Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Oh my. So we're potentially dealing with twins... or she has a split personality.

This will be GLORIOUS.

Oh, and I vote for A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
We picked the best girl.

I'm voting B because you are an expert, so I want to see your life simulator MLG Noscope skills in action!

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

FractalSandwich posted:

The logical end point of this system is that in TM3 or 4 you'll have an extra friend who isn't interested in girls and instead teams up with you and runs interference against the other boys under your direction.

Am I close?

Tadashi, one of the friends in Tokimemo 4 is indifferent toward girls to the point where in one of the game's paths, the girls in class will start gossiping that the two of you are like ~that~. The events afterward do nothing to quell that rumor.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

It's ok if you hate us. We still love (to see) you (suffer)!
Though I admit I have to cringe every time I see how long a reload takes with the EVS data.

My vote is for A :frogbon:

Miho theories so far:
Miho has a split personality.
Miho has a twin.
Miho has a twin brother who likes to cross-dress.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
B Let's go with fashion princess Mio.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Catalina posted:

Miho theories so far:
Miho has a twin.

Alternative Comedy Theory: The other Miho is from a parallel dimension. She crossed over because she did not get with Goon in her own timeline due to him hooking up with the thread's second-popular vote Hikari.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Frogchick!

ElTipejoLoco posted:

B., because I'm guessing we met both Mihos as children. I'd rather go with the one who was praying for a prince at the shrine than the one that made us keep a promise with a plush frog.

I'm fairly certain that Miho A is the same Miho that did the 'God, give me a prince!' thing, given how she's in drama, likes fortune telling, and is described as a 'dreamer'.

Though, I could be wrong.

Carousel Of Regret
Nov 7, 2013
So yeah, that was a turn I didn't expect. Let's go B, why not?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
B because why not.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Well, this turned from super cliche start to a weird and amazing route. Voting B since that at least appears to be less RNG than A, which afforded no choices.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Well, this turned from super cliche start to a weird and amazing route. Voting B since that at least appears to be less RNG than A, which afforded no choices.

> B
> Less RNG

:crossarms:

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?
Do you see what you have wrought, goons? Your desire for :getin: has damned us all to unknowingly pursuing two(?) women. I love this thread.

That said, I pick B.

Catalina posted:

Miho theories so far:
Miho has a twin.

My theory? This has Yuina written all over it. She obviously cloned Miho in an attempt to see how different someone can turn out depending on small changes in their history. Because of reasons.

Jynxite
May 1, 2013
Blow up everything.
Mei for best character 2014.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

vibratingsheep posted:

There are two Mihos.

Pffft, hahaha. I honestly had no idea. This just got fun. I wonder how close we'll get to matching the last reload count :getin:

Have to vote B, sounds like we're choosing between cutesy fairytale princess and cold fashionista and the latter sounds more fun.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I don't really like either girl but I'm voting B because I want to see the hard run :shobon:

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

The_Frag_Man posted:

I don't really like either girl but I'm voting B because I want to see the hard run :shobon:

If you want to see the hard run you should choose A since he said the girl choice is seperate from this and the A save won't give him any affection for the B girl.

Dr. Psychobabble
Jun 14, 2009
Hah, twins. That seems like a very dating sim thing to do.
So it's essentially a RNG hell run. Looks like the reload counter is going to stick around for a while.

I voted for frogs, and frogs is what I expect to receive. A it is.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.
You know I wonder how first time players back in the day felt about the twin thing. Not realising they were trying to do two routes instead of one, being at the mercy of the RNG... I'd have to guess pure frustration.

Speaking of frustration, I choose B... I think... I forget which is supposed to be harder because I've never played the game and only read about it and because twins are easy to mix up.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Voting for A because of frogs.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
Voting for B because screw frogs.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
B, because some other extremely anime game taught me fashionistas are deadly and crazy.

Have fun! :)

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
My theory is that it has something to do with horoscopes, since she mentioned it in one of the dates. Maybe she just takes them super seriously and acts differently depending on how they go, which would make sense with the RNG!

Although if it was some sort of "twin/split personality" thing, I predict it will somehow end with a BAD END D:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
A, :getin:

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
A. How can one dislike someone so passionate about frogs?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A, because frolf means frog golf.

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011
REDACTED

Achernar fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 25, 2014

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012
Voting B cause you gonna B suffering. :frogbon:

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Edit that, please.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
So earlier you were saying Miho could be literally impossible under certain circumstances. Are those circumstances, then, that the game simply divides dates between Miho A and Miho B so evenly that you can't get sufficient stats with either?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

FredMSloniker posted:

Are those circumstances, then, that the game simply divides dates between Miho A and Miho B so evenly that you can't get sufficient stats with either?

I'm thinking along the lines at some point one of the Mihos just up and vanishes or something.

to what end you butt I was enjoying this twist

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

FredMSloniker posted:

So earlier you were saying Miho could be literally impossible under certain circumstances. Are those circumstances, then, that the game simply divides dates between Miho A and Miho B so evenly that you can't get sufficient stats with either?

In order to get Miho B's ending, Miho A has to like you too. If Takumi goes after Miho A and you're trying to go after Miho B, it becomes impossible.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
Voting B for this.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
A cause I wanted frogs and I will get me some frogs!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

A! If I can't have hot blooded, I will have insane.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

A! If I can't have hot blooded, I will have insane.

I'm gonna go with this.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Personally I think we should just let the dice fall where they may. :rolldice:

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

Personally I think we should just let the dice fall where they may. :rolldice:

The hunter who chases two rabbits catches none.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if the proverb actually applies here. But it sure sounded wise and pithy, didn't it?

CaptainMcSarcasm
Oct 3, 2013
Gonna have to go with B here.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm trying to figure out which Miho goes with the "bad boy" choice...I guess it's B, since that was also called "I am the man who will fight for your honor," which sure sounds princely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
I have two theories:

Theory the first: both Mihos are in the Drama Club, and they've decided to improve their acting skills by impersonating each other- after all, the role of their twin sister is one they would know well.

Comedy option:

They're not impersonating anyone, and Goon just doesn't notice because he never sees them at the same time. Since they live in the same house, they have the same telephone number, and since they're siblings, and Goon is polite enough to address them by their last name, whichever girl answers the phone thinks he's calling her.

• Locked thread