Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Taffer posted:

Pretty sure it does, though the occasion for actually having that much -armor is really rare and anyone that low will die in two hits anyway.

So this isn't accurate anymore? It's still listed on the known bugs list: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=46896 (The notable part being the "also doesn't cap at -20" thing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Dendi must have been getting Jedi mind messages from Ice3 at the end there.

And now Navi's fate is not theirs to decide, I guess.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
This is probably a dumb question, but I didn't see anything about it in the OP.

I recently got into DOTA 2, and I really enjoy the whole esports scene. I must confess, I am a transplant from LoL, where the LCS is the big pro tourney. However, from the OP, the DOTA pro scene is much bigger and broader. Ive spent the last week or so gorging myself on replays from TI3, which was fan-loving-tastic, but I really would like to watch "current" events.

As someone who is brand new to spectating Pro-DOTA, where should I start? Is there a circuit thats similar to LCS? Or is it simply tournaments? Basically, I want to L2prodota.

Edit: Well poo poo, MLG has a live DOTA stream right now...

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

AmericanGeeksta posted:

I recently got into DOTA 2, and I really enjoy the whole esports scene. I must confess, I am a transplant from LoL, where the LCS is the big pro tourney. However, from the OP, the DOTA pro scene is much bigger and broader. Ive spent the last week or so gorging myself on replays from TI3, which was fan-loving-tastic, but I really would like to watch "current" events.

As someone who is brand new to spectating Pro-DOTA, where should I start? Is there a circuit thats similar to LCS? Or is it simply tournaments? Basically, I want to L2prodota.

joinDOTA.com has a great list of streams and a calendar for all the pro events with links to live casts. That's your best entry point.

e: And from there, you can go back to the tournament organizer's site for VODs

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
I think EG just randomed that Tidehunter.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

AmericanGeeksta posted:

There's a bunch if tournaments and teams may be in three or four at a time. Generally, the big name in Europe/Russia is Star Ladder, the big names in China is G-League and ACE. SEA has a small tournament scene with some talented people, while Korea is still not yet really developed yet. North America has few real NA teams (teams like Speed and Liquid have two or three Europeans) and so they usually share with Europe. Obviously TI is the big deal.

You'll know if a tournament is "big" if it has offline finals, or has both a western and Chinese division (their travel costs can be so high that it often isn't worth it to travel around, and China's lag to all other regions is so massive that they have to be insular.) Team Liquid (the site/forums) posts a TV Guide like listing of tournaments every month or so.

Also, check out Team Liquid's wiki for details on tournaments teams etc, it's a fine catch up resource though obviously JD and Gosu have the match tickers that people look at on a more daily basis.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 27, 2014

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.

AmericanGeeksta posted:

If you're running chrome I'd recommend this, a matchticker which will also give you links to any live game streams. It has both joinDota and Gosugamer's match calendars, as well as the ability to access their latest vods.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Position 1 Tidehunter? :getin:

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Tendronai posted:

If you're running chrome I'd recommend this, a matchticker which will also give you links to any live game streams. It has both joinDota and Gosugamer's match calendars, as well as the ability to access their latest vods.

Whoa this is awesome! Thanks!

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Geight posted:

So this isn't accurate anymore? It's still listed on the known bugs list: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=46896 (The notable part being the "also doesn't cap at -20" thing)

Well I could definitely be wrong. This thread is pretty old though, the issue may have been fixed.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Taffer posted:

Well I could definitely be wrong. This thread is pretty old though, the issue may have been fixed.

It's definitely old as heck, but I've never seen a patchnote that referenced fixing negative armor calculations. In this case "fixing" would actually be returning it to the wonky way that wc3 handles negative armor, but hey, Dota!

For reference, the "bugged" behavior mentioned in that thread is that -1 armor is equal to +1 armor in terms of how much damage it adds or reduces, and there's no cap.

Geight fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 27, 2014

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Some nice carry Leshrac and Mirana vs Naga going on on DotaTalkTV. Casted by Blaze if that matters.
EDIT: Seems like a ton of farm on ES and SK too.

Also, seems like there's another big Bo5 tomorrow between Liquid and C9. Hope it's as good as the one with Fnatic a while back.

EDIT2: It took Epicenter, Poison Nova, Gale, 2 hexes, and all of Leshrac's skills to take down Naga by herself. Jeez.

HGH fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 27, 2014

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Naga is such an obnoxious hero.

e: 40k xp deficit and 20k gold deficit no match against Naga dota.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Feb 27, 2014

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

KnoxZone posted:

Naga is such an obnoxious hero.

That match was just sad. Tons of farm on SK, ES, Veno, Lesh and Mirana, but in the end it couldn't beat the splitpush. Especially annoying since Naga's team was doing pretty much nothing except for Batrider and defending the base.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
CLOUD 9 vs. POWER RANGERS will be starting any moment now for today's D2CL match.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
D2CL just started with massive ayesee echo

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Power Rangers opened up by picking Venge, AA, and Witch Doctor. Cant wait to see what they're planning.

EE-sama Drow :nyoron:

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Look like Capitalist forgot to log off from Steam friends

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ayesee Sucks has added you to his friends list

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Envy no-Silence pub build :allears:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Maledict + Sonic Wave is a pretty rad combo.

e: loving double post :(

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Blink Dagger Viper owns bones.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Bone7 really is the best

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Oh look, Sing Sing has Mirana. I wonder how this will go.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Blink Viper. Yeah sure, whatever Bone7. He can make stupid builds work anyway.

Majuju posted:

Envy no-Silence pub build :allears:

The thread talked about this and it sounded like the stupidest thing ever. It kinda is, especially when QoP noticed he didn't have it and just jumped him.

EDIT: I can't even hear Ayesee half the time. He just completely cuts off mid sentence.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

HGH posted:

Blink Viper. Yeah sure, whatever Bone7. He can make stupid builds work anyway.

The thread talked about this and it sounded like the stupidest thing ever. It kinda is, especially when QoP noticed he didn't have it and just jumped him.

Yeah, I don't understand why you wouldn't take at least one point in it, especially against a Queen of Pain where you're not going to get value for further levels of Frost Arrows anyhow.

mfcrocker posted:

Oh look, Sing Sing has Mirana. I wonder how this will go.

Current snipe arrows: like, 4? The man is a golden god.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Majuju posted:

Yeah, I don't understand why you wouldn't take at least one point in it, especially against a Queen of Pain where you're not going to get value for further levels of Frost Arrows anyhow.

You don't take extra frost arrows you take stats because drow has no hps

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

ayesee's mic is so hosed. Which is worse, Ayesee with a mic that cuts out intermittently or Slurpking attempting to chug a gallon of milk while analyzing Navi's throws?

e: Blink Drow > New meta

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Firebatgyro posted:

You don't take extra frost arrows you take stats because drow has no hps

Except EE only took 1 level of stats and maxed Frost Arrows.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Hahahaha is that a Force Staff on QoP? I guess it's the counter to Blink Drow and Blink Viper?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
'Good swap.. no it isn't... yes it is...'

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The way people here feel about Sing Mirana, is how I feel about Aui Visage.

Chairman Pow!
Apr 23, 2010
Rosh with a critical kill on the doom there. This is a wildly entertaining game.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Craptacular! posted:

The way people here feel about Sing Mirana, is how I feel about Aui Visage.

Yeah I think that banning Visage against C9 is probably more important than Mirana

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I like how Witch Doctor kept exploding from like, 3 familiar attacks. It's just so fast that 75% of his HP just disappears instantaneously.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Do familiars get Drow's passive/active?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Super Rad posted:

Do familiars get Drow's passive/active?

Yep

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
They should probably remove Kiev as one of the voting options for hosting the D2CL S3 championship...

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011
When Drow activates it, I believe.

Pretty telling the effect it had, seeing all three lanes constantly pushed against Power Rangers throughout the final portions of the game. :v:

Walkin Goon fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Liquid vs. Fnatic in the Captain's Draft MLG tournament is starting up. It tells you how varied the pro scene is when not even Captain's Draft picks can get me excited. There is an Omniknight though.

• Locked thread