Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Dravs posted:

Norwich is only 30 minutes drive for me from Bury St Eds. I keep meaning to go visit. Where is good to park?

one of the car parks that has "st" in the name

also bristol is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Spuckuk posted:

Don't suppose you know where to get a good burrito while we're at it?

I'm jonesing hard, though even in London the best place just closed shop.

Chilango is supposed to be pretty good, there's a few dotted about.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable

Fil5000 posted:

I just wish they'd stop digging up/knocking down bits of Nottingham to put more tram lines and bridges in. Unless they knock down Radford and replace it all with tramlines, then I'm fine with it.

Ex-Notts goon. The trams are like the only good part of Notts, I wish they'd be more proactive about new tram lines in Manchester.

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

Babby Sathanas posted:

Ex-Notts goon. The trams are like the only good part of Notts, I wish they'd be more proactive about new tram lines in Manchester.

They are being proactive, it just takes a thousand years to get anything done when workmen physically have to consume so many brews each day to survive.

Besides, I'm not personally in any rush for more opportunities to pay five quid to stand in the pissing rain at a platform for an hour, only to have a swarm of yellow jacketed cunts treat my overpriced bit of heat pressed plastic like it's a master forgery and that I've just pissed on their nana's face in the time it's taken for me to go the three stops I could have walked between already.

TfGM hatred is probably the most united thing about this city regardless of what it says on that big metal bowl in Trafford.

Bizzy_g
Sep 3, 2004
fix up, look sharp

Spuckuk posted:

The Sam smiths pubs are still decent value in London, relatively, long as you find one of the better ones that cleans its pipes properly. The days of £2.40 pints are longongone though.

Anyone in the pool can help me with more good pubs actually? The Fly in The Loaf and Ship and Mitre are amazing so far, but the more the merrier.

go to rigbys on dale st, the vernon and cross keys are both alright round that way as well

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Neurophonic posted:

TfGM hatred is probably the most united thing about this city regardless of what it says on that big metal bowl in Trafford.

My hatred for Northern Rail far outstrips any of it. Oh what I wouldn't give for a tram line that goes through near where I live. Having to rely on Northern Rail is like having to rely on a three legged dobermann to ride into town on.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

vuohiliitto posted:

Chilango is supposed to be pretty good, there's a few dotted about.

It's as good as Tortilla.

I think I ate way too many burritos

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

are any south london goons currently swimming in sewage

more than usual, i mean

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Any Sheffield goons, despair :britain:

Can anybody confirm?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Babby Sathanas posted:

I like the completed tram lines just fine. It's the current works making GBS threads the place up that are annoying as gently caress. Then again it'd probably have been finished years ago if people in Beeston and Chilwell hadn't been loving nimbys about it.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Any Sheffield goons, despair :britain:

Can anybody confirm?

Hahaha my sister ate there the other week, I'll have to ask her about it

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Not been to Shef in ages but when I did Balti King was the place to go if you absolutely needed a curry at 3am.

davestones
May 7, 2009

Vitamins posted:

Hahaha my sister ate there the other week, I'll have to ask her about it

That place sounds like a shithole, a cursory Google suggests they were fined in 2012 too for being dirty bastards.

Also, Sheffield and South Yorkshire suck. West > North > Scumberside > South.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

davestones posted:

That place sounds like a shithole, a cursory Google suggests they were fined in 2012 too for being dirty bastards.

Also, Sheffield and South Yorkshire suck. West > North > Scumberside > South.

Can confirm it was closed, was in the local paper. Apparently someone found a mouse in their meal!
They've been investigated over years for poor hygiene, I'm surprised it wasn't closed earlier to be fair.

Not that anyone would ever go there any earlier than 4am and having consumed less than half a liter of spirits.

Really? Hull better than Sheffield? North Yorkshire should also be lower than South Yorkshire purely for the fact it contains Scabborough.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
davestones has the right order but the difference between Humber and South is almost unnoticeable, so don't feel too bad. Well no worse than you already feel living in that shithole.

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011

Party Boat posted:

Not been to Shef in ages but when I did Balti King was the place to go if you absolutely needed a curry at 3am.

It still is. Understandably though, it's godawful at any other time.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Vitamins posted:

Can confirm it was closed, was in the local paper. Apparently someone found a mouse in their meal!
They've been investigated over years for poor hygiene, I'm surprised it wasn't closed earlier to be fair.

Not that anyone would ever go there any earlier than 4am and having consumed less than half a liter of spirits.

Really? Hull better than Sheffield? North Yorkshire should also be lower than South Yorkshire purely for the fact it contains Scabborough.

My halls were right next to it and I felt lazy once so I went when I was sober, made the mistake of asking for cheesy chips and the cheese was brought out in an industrial bucket which the dude digged into with two hairy ungloved hands up to his wrists. Still ate it.

Sigma_Bark
Jun 1, 2013
Any Croydon based goons around?
Or is living somewhere awful already than enough then using an awful internet forum?

I'm just joshing, I love Croydon. Honestly I do.

Why does no one believe me?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol they don't have computers in croydon

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Penguingo posted:

They do. Just don't stare at them for too long or they'll stab you.

Sigma_Bark
Jun 1, 2013

Rather Dashing posted:

They do. Just don't stare at them for too long or they'll stab you.

See, this is what I mean. I've not been stabbed by a Croydon computer before.

I've been mugged by an iPhone, but that was a whole different thing and just got waaaaay out of control.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Its got a couple of nice cinema's. The canals alright to walk along as long as its daylight. Apart from that Ive got nothing.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Penguingo posted:

They have one, but all it makes is dubstep.

SierraNovember
Nov 3, 2011
DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE TELL ME THAT YOU'RE A WOMEN OR GAY. I'M SO TIRED OF PEOPLE TELLING ME THAT THAT I KEEP BREAKING MY FUCKING KEYBOARD. GOD JUST READING THAT MAKES ME WANT TO BASH IT IN UNTIL EVERYTHING IS COVERED WITH BLOOD, FLESH, AND BONE AAAARGHAARHGHGHAHRHHFFF

hemale in pain posted:

The ninja warrior commentator who replaced the previous guy is so drat bad

Didn't Craig Charles do a stint on that too?

Further more, anyone notice how the Red Dwarf crew spun off into similar roles? Lister is still a waster on Corrie, Kryten ended up building robots on Scrap Heap whilst Barrie did the jokes on Brittas Empire and some engineering thing. Then... The Cat ended up in Hollywood glitz...

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

SierraNovember posted:

Then... The Cat ended up in Hollywood glitz...

And stabbing people who messed with his bins.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

SierraNovember posted:

Then... The Cat ended up in Hollywood glitz...

He played another humanoid creature in Blade 2. :science:

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Sigma_Bark posted:

Any Croydon based goons around?
Or is living somewhere awful already than enough then using an awful internet forum?

I'm just joshing, I love Croydon. Honestly I do.

Why does no one believe me?

What IS there in Croydon other than a desperate desire to leave, and the occasional gigantic furniture store fire?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Babby Sathanas posted:

He played another humanoid creature in Blade 2. :science:

He was a bartender in Lock, Stock, and was unfortunately in the utter shitshow that was Suckerpunch.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

ahaaahhaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFqYbibLh8k

our eurovision entry, we're hosed!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

hemale in pain posted:

ahaaahhaha

I hope the Eurovision sound engineers can sort her out in the main show because she sounded super mousey and nervous on this :ohdear:

also yeah the song is super bland so it'll do "ok". At least we're not sending a rotting corpse this year

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

That's true, she's an improvement over a weird old person who no one even remembers but that song is just bad.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

hemale in pain posted:

That's true, she's an improvement over a weird old person who no one even remembers but that song is just bad.

Bad is not a barrier to winning eurovision. Stick a bit of eurodance in there, add a key change, chuck a pretty woman in front, win.

Or, y'know, dress up as monsters and do hard rock/heavy metal (we'd never have the balls to do this)

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

hemale in pain posted:

ahaaahhaha

I guess Florence and the Machine refused the gig so they found the closes, yet still somehow more bland thing.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I hope everyone's having a lovely Pancake Day. If you make paper-thin crepes or put anything that isn't sugar and lemon on your pancakes I think less of you, but well done for celebrating this most important of days.

Swamp Fancy
Apr 6, 2003

Look, I'm not exaggerating when I say the success of your mission hinges on how you use that cardboard box.
Lemon and sugar supremacy, anything else is unnecessary.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

I HAVE NO EGGGGGSSSS

:negative:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Swamp Fancy posted:

Lemon and sugar supremacy, anything else is unnecessary.

Sorta I guess, but maple syrup is pretty awesome too.

Swamp Fancy
Apr 6, 2003

Look, I'm not exaggerating when I say the success of your mission hinges on how you use that cardboard box.

mfcrocker posted:

Sorta I guess, but maple syrup is pretty awesome too.

Sorry no exceptions, maybe you should rethink your pancake etiquette.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Melt chocolate on your pancakes like a true goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swamp Fancy
Apr 6, 2003

Phoon posted:

Melt chocolate on your pancakes like a true goon

Take that fancy stuff to goons with spoons.

• Locked thread