Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
0083 was my favorite.

When you get Kou Uraki, can you feed him meth to change his stats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpecialK800
Nov 17, 2012
Just recently I finished rewatching all of the original Gundam, 0083, and Char's Counterattack. I thought about watching Zeta again, but I don't think I have the energy to invest in it right now. I also ended up replaying Zeonic Front. All because I started reading this thread.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Guy guy GUYS.

I think Zorak yelled at this thread before for turning away from the game and into gundam poo poo. I'm sorry I contributed but we should try not to get probated/banned and/or this thread locked.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Gundam thread is here.

Basarin
Oct 15, 2012
So to steer this conversation back:

Since you broke Canon and let the White Base off the hook, do they just make it back to Jaburo and reappear as normal units for the Feds? Or are there more events for them? Since you've pretty much blockaded all of Earth from space, I can't imagine they'd just send them up there (plot mandated success/failure aside).

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Basarin posted:

Since you broke Canon and let the White Base off the hook, do they just make it back to Jaburo and reappear as normal units for the Feds? Or are there more events for them? Since you've pretty much blockaded all of Earth from space, I can't imagine they'd just send them up there (plot mandated success/failure aside).

Well remember that the game likes to cheat and force cannon.

Bluemage142
Jun 22, 2009

A little logic in the right place can cause chaos without limit.

Basarin posted:

I don't want to be too specific (because spoilers) but there are a lot of ways to end the White Base event chain. When that happens, the whole crew end up at Jaburo, along with some or all of their units.

Ramba Ral fighting the White Base? Not one of them.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

There are a couple of event trees out there that will tell you what happens. I've been hesitant to post them here because I like seeing people vote on what they know rather than going for a specific outcome, but I can send you links if you just gotta know. It will spoil the hell out of what we're doing here, though. You won't know individual battle outcomes, or how the thread will vote, but you will immediately know the consequences of a decision.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Oh dear, so this just happened in the spoiler below.
:siren::siren:

That's just in Belfast, there is 50+ more in both Jaburo and at Side 2, welp, time to bring out the MAP weapons! :unsmigghh:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Koorisch posted:

Oh dear, so this just happened in the spoiler below.

That's just in Belfast, there is 50+ more in both Jaburo and at Side 2, welp, time to bring out the MAP weapons! :unsmigghh:

My most recent game wasn't much better. 100 or so in Belfast, 50 each in Jaburo and side 2. Do keep in mind that a significant number of that is cheap, old technology that isn't much of a threat. In my Belfast assault I lost most of my Zaku IIJ + Dodais, as they were way outdated by this point, along with 2 efreet kais and a few gouf customs, but was at no point in danger of losing. Side 2 was actually a lot more dangerous, as my space forces were not nearly as impressive as my ground forces at the time. Luckily a few Ze'Goks were able to make the difference with their MAP weapons.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

My most recent game wasn't much better. 100 or so in Belfast, 50 each in Jaburo and side 2. Do keep in mind that a significant number of that is cheap, old technology that isn't much of a threat. In my Belfast assault I lost most of my Zaku IIJ + Dodais, as they were way outdated by this point, along with 2 efreet kais and a few gouf customs, but was at no point in danger of losing. Side 2 was actually a lot more dangerous, as my space forces were not nearly as impressive as my ground forces at the time. Luckily a few Ze'Goks were able to make the difference with their MAP weapons.

There were around 70 or more GM's, Guntanks/cannons and Gundams of various kinds in Belfast, had I NOT been cheapsmart and not use the Ze'Goks I would have taken horrible losses both economically and unit-wise.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:
Edit: Nevermind.

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.

Two very special suits have just finished development!

The Gouf Custom.

And the Z'Gok Commander type.

The Gouf Custom is awesome. It needs a good ace in order to bring about it's full potential, but Zeon has plenty of those to go around. The only real downside to them is their somewhat low HP, which makes them rather fragile.

The Z'Gok S's main purpose is to be turned into Char Custom Z'Goks. But even before you paint them red they're very good suits.

I moved all my Z'goks into California, and the Zakus in Greenland over to Europe.

We cleaned up in Southeast Asia.

Oh, crap. This isn't good.

I start moving what few units I have next to an escape point.

drat, my Zaku S-type is caught by a flying GM.

It's actually not that dangerous, but I was expecting the Feds to move all of their fighters and bombers as well. Good thing the AI is kinda dumb when it comes to fighters.

Only the commander GM's can fly like this, so they're nowhere near as dangerous as our Dodai riders.

Eventually the GM goes down. and I begin playing the waiting game.

---TURN 29---

We have a bigger submarine now.

The Mad Angler is actually a nice upgrade from the Jukon sub. It's more powerful, has longer range, and has a ton more hanger space. But since it's a sub, I doubt I will actually build any more of them.

We've hit tech level 7, so expect a ton of new units next turn.

Norris is out of the hospital, and he immediately takes over the Gouf Custom.

Jesus, the Federation have really stepped up its game.

I saw an opportunity to take another sea route from the Federation, so I took it. Of course, I didn't notice that I left the one I had just gained completely unguarded until after I ended the turn. Whoops! :v:

Oh hey, it's an Aqua GM.

The Aqua GM is a very effective Marine mobile suit, and is very effective against Marine Zakus and Acguys. Z'Goks can make easy work of them if they engage in close combat, but they're all in California at the moment so I have to work with what I have.

I don't know why the AI decided to not attack, but hey, I won't argue against free kills.

I lose a Zaku to a flying GM.

The last Aqua GM is hunted down.

As are the other two units, and I gain another territory.

And nothing happened here because I was waiting for reinforcements.

---TURN 30---

We're given a bit of an information dump on the V-Project for some reason.

I think it just tells us the capabilities of these mobile suits, but since I've already destroyed one of each of those units (Except for the Pegasus ship, which hasn't appeared yet) I just ignored it and looked at the pretty pictures.

Kycilia is interested in starting the Flanagan Institute, so that we can start researching New-Types. I'll get started on this ASAP.

And our old buddies the 603rd want us to send another test pilot for their new Mobile suit. This time it's a variant of the Z'gok, the Ze'gok! Time for a vote!

If we say YES: We get Ze'Goks, the first unit in the entire game to have a MAP attack. Unfortunately, Werner Holbein will be our sacrificial lamb this time around.

If we say NO: We keep Werner around, but lose out on Ze'goks

To be honest, I've never gotten the Ze'gok, so I couldn't tell you how useful it is. I always thought that it was a Water/Space only suit but apparently that's not the case.

For reference, the next unit to have an MAP attack is the Big Zam, which we won't be getting any time soon.

Voting will end on :siren: Sunday at 12:00PM EST :siren:

Tobias Grant fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 7, 2014

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
YES YES YES I had never gotten this until my last playthrough, and holy poo poo does that suit rock.

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009
Holbein's stats don't look very impressive and the Ze'gok kinda reminds me of an R-Type fighter. Yes!

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Personally, I'd pass on it. The ZeGok is pretty underwhelming in my opinion, MAP weapons are really situational and the ZeGok isn't really good at using them. It could probably be made to work, but overall it's a waste of a perfectly good Z'Gok.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
YESSS

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
YES! Ze'Goks ruuuuuuuuule. Also, gently caress yessssssssss Gouf Custom. Time for awesome images of model kit conversions!

This is no Zaku, boy. No Zaku. :black101:

Agent Interrobang fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 8, 2014

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
That does look good Yes

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dying for Zeon's superweapon profits is the highest duty.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Tobias Grant posted:

This time it's a variant of the Z'gok, the Ze'gok!
Well, I'm sure that won't cause any confusion. :what:

And yes, impractical research projects haven't steered us wrong so far.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

The people demand Ze'Gok action.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I still maintain IGLOO never happened.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Yes for that sweet sweet Mobile Diver.

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

When do we learn head explosions?
Yes

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I got lost somewhere along the line, but what is an MAP attack?

And yes, you better believe we're getting the Ze'gok.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I vote Yes! because I want to see what this suit is too.

Also dead Zeon Aces. Can we speed up the process of research and construction by feeding some more aces into a Gundam-shaped furnace or something?

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Another MS Igloo weapon? According to the wiki the Ze'Gok managed to destroy four Salamis classes and a Magellan-class battleship with the beam scattering cannon and destroys them all, but gets shot down by a squad of Core Boosters. Afterwards the project is scrapped as the battle turned to space.

Yes, because attacking Jaburo this time will actually be successful.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Of course yes since the unit looks actually good this time.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

LEGO Genetics posted:

Yes, because attacking Jaburo this time will actually be successful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqZtyB0kOH8

I'm hearing this in my head reading that line. And it's reminding me of how...iffy in quality the music in the original show was. Nevertheless, this is the track I associate with Char's assault on Jaburo.

Also, Yes to the Ze'Gok. We already have the Z'Gok, what does one more letter hurt?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Yes, because MAP attacks would probably be useful for clearing out annoying bullshit fights against Feddie trash mobs.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yes, this is one of the best units Zeon has.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Aye, it is most useful.

Does anyone know if the system where if you put an ace in a suit they used in the canon makes them twice or three times as effective is still in?

Basarin
Oct 15, 2012
I'm fairly certain that putting an ace in a suit that was made for them benefits them more than anyone else, but I don't have hard evidence to back that up. Makes sense if they do, though.

Also, go for the Ze'Gok!

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:
No to the Ze'Gok because you'll need every ace you can get to finish off the somehow-still-clinging-around Federation.

Patter Song posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqZtyB0kOH8

I'm hearing this in my head reading that line. And it's reminding me of how...iffy in quality the music in the original show was. Nevertheless, this is the track I associate with Char's assault on Jaburo.

"iffy"? That's pretty awesome, as is most of the 0079 music. The second half of From Sleep is a nice tune as well. Did we ever find out who composed the 0079 OST?

Bluemage142
Jun 22, 2009

A little logic in the right place can cause chaos without limit.

Koorisch posted:

Aye, it is most useful.

Does anyone know if the system where if you put an ace in a suit they used in the canon makes them twice or three times as effective is still in?

From what I read, there's still *some* boost for putting an ace in their canon suit. It's closer to 10-20% than 200-300% now, but it's (technically) there.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

That tiny Ramba Ral :3:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Lunethex posted:

I got lost somewhere along the line, but what is an MAP attack?

And yes, you better believe we're getting the Ze'gok.

MAP attacks attack every squad in every hex from the shooter to the target. It has a chance to miss each squad. They take up a lot of energy so you will generally only get one or two shots before you have to resupply, but if you can get the enemy to line up just right you can clear out a lot of suits in one shot. You can't move before shooting so you have to rely on the ai lining themselves up in the right lines.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Yes please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
Yes to map attacks. Yes to stupid barely changed names.

• Locked thread