Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

Pedricko posted:

I'm doing the selling sausages thing in Wigan. Why yes, I *am* considering suicide. London next (for 19 days!)

What is the selling sausages thing in Wigan? Some kind of spy code?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swamp Fancy
Apr 6, 2003

Look, I'm not exaggerating when I say the success of your mission hinges on how you use that cardboard box.

JamesieAB posted:

What is the selling sausages thing in Wigan? Some kind of spy code?

Male Prostitution

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

SOS trapped in Maidstone send help

Swamp Fancy
Apr 6, 2003

Look, I'm not exaggerating when I say the success of your mission hinges on how you use that cardboard box.

Cobalt Chloride posted:

Too poo poo for extraction, you're on your own, over.

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

Mary Berry checking in. American pancakes use a lot of baking soda to get a butt-ton of fluffy bubbles through the batter as it cooks. It also makes the pancakes loving huge. On their own they have a salty, bitter taste which is why septics are forced to drench them in maple syrup and bacon cheese.

Change of topic. I got lost in Maidstone when I was 6 and got found by a family whose little boy had a pound puppy. You remember those flat dog soft toys? One of them.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

i always find pancake day a bit of a disappointment tbh

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Carrier posted:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Carrier posted:

woah, what are you doing wrong with your pancakes. i'd eat pancakes everyday if i wasn't so lazy.

was he bullied by muslim kids or something, what a loser jesus.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Dr Scoofles posted:

I got lost in Maidstone when I was 6 and got found by a family whose little boy had a pound puppy. You remember those flat dog soft toys? One of them.
The downtown area consisting of like 20 shops and a mini mall or the endless suburbia? To be fair I've only been here like a week but still.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

:siren: air rifles :cumpolice:

SierraNovember
Nov 3, 2011
DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE TELL ME THAT YOU'RE A WOMEN OR GAY. I'M SO TIRED OF PEOPLE TELLING ME THAT THAT I KEEP BREAKING MY FUCKING KEYBOARD. GOD JUST READING THAT MAKES ME WANT TO BASH IT IN UNTIL EVERYTHING IS COVERED WITH BLOOD, FLESH, AND BONE AAAARGHAARHGHGHAHRHHFFF
Marmite toastie. Thick bread, thick spread. No 'mite, your life is shite.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

I made the pancake batter in the normal way, but added a delicious twist of running marmite in the mixture too.

Put half a jar of 'mite in the microwave for a few seconds turns it goopy. Mix into the batter and fry that poo poo up as normal. Sprinkle grated cheese onto the flipped side of the pancake and let it melt onto the sizzling marmitey mix goodness.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Thats disgusting. You're disgusting.

'mite is disgusting

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

I hope the Eurovision sound engineers can sort her out in the main show because she sounded super mousey and nervous on this :ohdear:

also yeah the song is super bland so it'll do "ok". At least we're not sending a rotting corpse this year

That's the point of it. Enter someone who can't possibly win. Eurovision costs a loving fortune to host, hence why previous winning countries suddenly go from having good entries to loving atrocious not-even-on-a-pub-karaoke-night terrible. Do you really think we try to win given several very high profile and successful UK acts have voluntereed to represent the UK in previous years were rejected for Eurovision? Its quite sad really, if it every country made an honest effort and put forward their best acts forward it would be an amazing show to watch. Not the who's currently top in the charts with the teens list acts, I mean the honest to God talented, "Will be remembered with great fondness for decades" acts that each country has.

Cobalt Chloride posted:

Drakes flooded again?

Oscar Romeo Romeo fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 6, 2014

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

See: My Lovely Horse.

Modern Eurovision has very little to do with good music, you watch it for the batshit insanity. Last year Romania submitted what I can only describe as a rave vampire king who grew fifteen feet tall during the song. I thought that would be the best thing about the night but then Greece did this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocFhFNxu5Jg

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
gently caress Eurovision, I think the UK has a fair to good chance of winning John Barrowman's Superstar Dogs.

Comfy Chairs
May 21, 2005

by Ralp
Sure is a shame the BBC aren't running any kind of competition in the run-up to Eurovision where 4 industry veterans and the unwashed public vote for people who have the best Voice to sing a song for the illegal immigrant benefit-stealing scum.

The song the BBC overseers did pick, I kinda like. It's poo poo by any standard, but it ticks a lot of Eurovision boxes. This year they seem to have drunk the Kool-Aid and gone all out to produce a Eurovision-quality dong instead of just re-animating corpses frozen since the 80s.

Bonnie Tyler had no place in Eurovision last year. She already had a career path laid out appearing on anti-smoking pictures on cigarette packets.

Comfy Chairs fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 6, 2014

woppy71
Sep 10, 2013

by Ralp
I'd rather drag my fingers down a chalkboard than watch Eurovision.

no_one
Mar 17, 2004
i'm a lying jerk
Lipstick Apathy

Dr Scoofles posted:

Change of topic. I got lost in Maidstone when I was 6 and got found by a family whose little boy had a pound puppy. You remember those flat dog soft toys? One of them.

I used to have a pound puppy and have lived in Maidstone since 1985ish (would have been 3 then).

Did the boy look a bit like pob but with massive pointy ears?

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

no_one posted:

I used to have a pound puppy and have lived in Maidstone since 1985ish (would have been 3 then).

Did the boy look a bit like pob but with massive pointy ears?

Everybody in Maidstone looks like pob to me mate (what am I saying, I was born on the Isle of loving Sheppy, you all look like beautiful, glowing angels to me!). A better way to solve this mystery is to ask if you have a childhood memory of finding a small crying girl wandering about? You would have been with your mum and dad and I seem to recall the pound puppy was grey...or brown.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
We looked into moving to Sheppey, then we came to our senses! Now happily residing in Teynham (from Chatham), not quite shittingbourne, not quite chaversham. I kid I kid, fav is alright! I got 4 packs of lovely bacon from the butchers for 11.95. It was amazing.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Wurzag posted:

Lemon and sugar and triple sec

:guinness:

simosimo posted:

Roll up them pancakes, eat them as a sausage.

Wait you're saying there are people who don't do this?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Party Boat posted:

See: My Lovely Horse.

Modern Eurovision has very little to do with good music, you watch it for the batshit insanity. Last year Romania submitted what I can only describe as a rave vampire king who grew fifteen feet tall during the song. I thought that would be the best thing about the night but then Greece did this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocFhFNxu5Jg

Moldova had an entry that was a bunch of people dressed as gnomes running around on unicycles a few yars back. that was pretty awesome

SierraNovember
Nov 3, 2011
DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE TELL ME THAT YOU'RE A WOMEN OR GAY. I'M SO TIRED OF PEOPLE TELLING ME THAT THAT I KEEP BREAKING MY FUCKING KEYBOARD. GOD JUST READING THAT MAKES ME WANT TO BASH IT IN UNTIL EVERYTHING IS COVERED WITH BLOOD, FLESH, AND BONE AAAARGHAARHGHGHAHRHHFFF
http://youtu.be/8B2X1uXhXa4 this entry from Israel a few years back was even better than Lordi.

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Is this some kind of innuendo or are you legit sausaging in Wigan

I'm selling sausage in Wigan. The staff in the Next in front of me keep pointing and whispering

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they're probably wondering why people are ingesting solids

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

Penguingo posted:

they're probably wondering why people are ingesting solids

With this job, I've been in every wetherspoons in the country and this one's the worst.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Anyone in this thread know Huddersfield? Am off there tomorrow night and need to know if there's any decent boozers near the John smiths stadium.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I don't know about near the stadium but just outside the station is the George Hotel, which was the birthplace of rugby league. Have a pint and soak in some history.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah I've been there many times but I'll be parking near the stadium and don't really want to walk up to the station and back again, heh.

E; I mean I've been to the George many times I've never been to the new stadium

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Comfy Chairs posted:

Sure is a shame the BBC aren't running any kind of competition in the run-up to Eurovision where 4 industry veterans and the unwashed public vote for people who have the best Voice to sing a song for the illegal immigrant benefit-stealing scum.

The song the BBC overseers did pick, I kinda like. It's poo poo by any standard, but it ticks a lot of Eurovision boxes. This year they seem to have drunk the Kool-Aid and gone all out to produce a Eurovision-quality dong instead of just re-animating corpses frozen since the 80s.

Bonnie Tyler had no place in Eurovision last year. She already had a career path laid out appearing on anti-smoking pictures on cigarette packets.

I'l always remember gemini's entry and the bbc had a whole show dedicated to picking a song to go through and it was that one and it was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIqItP--pGY

That video has everything that was wrong with early-2000s music in it, along with it being a terrible song. No surprise it earned nul points and there was even some talk of the uk's involvement with the invasion of iraq going against it as well.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

simosimo posted:

We looked into moving to Sheppey, then we came to our senses! Now happily residing in Teynham (from Chatham), not quite shittingbourne, not quite chaversham. I kid I kid, fav is alright! I got 4 packs of lovely bacon from the butchers for 11.95. It was amazing.

Teynham's always seemed quite nice to me. Probably because I'm right in the middle of the Chav motherland, sandwiched between two nightclubs and a fire station so during times of utter madness even Sheppey can look appealing to me.

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008
Y'all should come buy some sausages off me. Wigan this week, Bolton next and then London for 19 days.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

where in london

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
Pedricko if you can suitably describe your sausages in a mouthwatering fashion then perhaps I shall purchase some while you're here in London (for 17 days)

the last time i bought gourmet sausage I think it was Giggly Pig. It was OK

and why you guys gotta dis our merikan pancakes? If youve ever bought Betty Crocker, that's american and that mix is what we sometimes use when lazy, nothing different. bit of butter to go on them while they're hot so it melts, then some maple syrup and your rainy day is suddenly much better so dont talk shite. Ive never even heard of this lemon and sugar bull and I got a crepe machine

By the way crepe machine is the best way to make pancakes/crepes/pancrepes, seriously just throw like 6 on there at the same time if youre a lonely goon, or if you are not alone and in misery you and your mates can serve themselves at will and its fantastic

p.s.

(be careful traveling sausage man, london can be dangerous)

Drunk & Ugly fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 7, 2014

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

RE sausages, highly recommeded (i could give a gently caress about the gluten free poo poo) but they are very good.

http://goodlittlecompany.com/index.php/pages/good_little_sausages/

and apparently very ethical and all that crap blah blah blah

(tommorows breakfast, might have a couple now :p)

Comfy Chairs
May 21, 2005

by Ralp

Ponce de Le0n posted:

I'l always remember gemini's entry and the bbc had a whole show dedicated to picking a song to go through and it was that one and it was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIqItP--pGY

That video has everything that was wrong with early-2000s music in it, along with it being a terrible song. No surprise it earned nul points and there was even some talk of the uk's involvement with the invasion of iraq going against it as well.

The live performance (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAJ62IG3gBo) of that song was an even bigger crime against humanity than the Iraq invasion. If flat notes had been bombs they'd have leveled the entire Middle East. That's why they got nul points handed to them.

Sausage-wise I buy mine from the local butchers as they tend to be a lot cheaper than the pre-packed supermarket stuff. And considering supermarket brand-name form, their sausages are likely to be mechanically-reformed horse dick. At least when I buy from the butcher I know the only contamination of the food chain comes from the sweaty palms of some apprentice butcher.

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008
The sausages I sell are hand made german salamis. You get seven for a tenner.

If you've ever been to Manchester christmas markets, you've seen me.

All I know about London is that I'm in the excel

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Holy poo poo you're one of those sausage stalls? They are the best, I always regret not buying any at the Liverpool christmas markets.

Speaking of which is there anywhere decent you can buy Biltong/Jerky in the northwest since Manchester Selfridges food court changed? I'm needed my meaty fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008
I'm sure from what I've read that it's super easy to make your own biltong

• Locked thread