Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Buy his brother an account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
its not real :cry:

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Pissflaps posted:

its not real :cry:
Doesn't matter. Says it all that we had to check.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Its real pissflaps

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

if it was twitter, there'd be a chance, but facebook? lol

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

jyrka posted:

I think it's safe enough to declare the people who guessed 1 goal the winners of this thread. It's highly unlikely that that mess of a footballer is going to score again this season. Thoughts?

I think in this thread we are all winners (except sunderland lol)

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Jozy proves you don't need goals to be a winner but he is a winner.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
i think ultimately football is the real winner

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Will Jozy be in action against the Ukraine (in Cyprus) tomorrow? Is this game why he was rested for the Cup Final? Can he broker peace in The Crimea?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

KDdidit posted:

Will Jozy be in action against the Ukraine (in Cyprus) tomorrow? Is this game why he was rested for the Cup Final? Can he broker peace in The Crimea?

I would like to think that Klitschko, Tymoshenko and Yanukovic can sit down together and laugh over a pint and a video compilation of Jozy's hits and misses from this years barclays.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

KDdidit posted:

Unfortunately, Ukraine cancelled the game. They last thing they need is a bunch of Americans coming in and shooting wildly.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Concerned Citizen posted:

Unfortunately, Ukraine cancelled the game. They last thing they need is a bunch of Americans coming in and shooting wildly.

nice!

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Concerned Citizen posted:

this is a good post.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Jozy is starting today.

Edit: jozy just missed a clean header chance. Sent it just over the bar. I'm surprised he made it off the ground the big fatty

Crunkjuice fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 5, 2014

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
USMNT did a great job. Here's a picture of Jozy's first goal:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

+ Strengths

Eating
Falling over

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Frankston posted:

+ Strengths

Eating
Falling over

Sometimes simultaneously.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
Who ate all the pies: a jozy altidore mystery book.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Except its just one page and it shows jozy eating the pies.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Ponce de Le0n posted:

waterstones can't sell it because it keeps falling off the shelf

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Truthfully, Jozy's in the drivers seat. He's going to Brazil regardless. He'll be on the plane whether he plays another minute this season or not. so, if he wants out of there, he can basically tell Poyet to go pound sand. He'll get paid regardless, and they'll be forced to move him in summer at a drastically reduced fee........which might actually be best for getting him in a good position going forward.

Does he want to do that, probably not. I dont think it's in his nature. But given Poyet leaving him out last weekend, and his apparent willingness to run his trap lately on all things Jozy...I would be tempted to do so if in his shoes.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Monday Bandele posted:

Truthfully, Jozy's in the drivers seat. He's going to Brazil regardless. He'll be on the plane whether he plays another minute this season or not. so, if he wants out of there, he can basically tell Poyet to go pound sand. He'll get paid regardless, and they'll be forced to move him in summer at a drastically reduced fee........which might actually be best for getting him in a good position going forward.

Does he want to do that, probably not. I dont think it's in his nature. But given Poyet leaving him out last weekend, and his apparent willingness to run his trap lately on all things Jozy...I would be tempted to do so if in his shoes.

You really should source these you know.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
What is jozy's nature.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Pissflaps posted:

What is jozy's nature.

Nine (9) posts up.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
When I think Jozy and Nature, this immediately sprung to mind:

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

TheBigAristotle posted:

my strongest memories of nature also involve wrestling! :hfive:

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

TheBigAristotle posted:

a flair flop

the perfect metaphor for the stale pudding that is jozy "the soccer player" altislore

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Why isn't Jozy in the squad for the Jozybowl?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Chris de Sperg posted:

A:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Chris de Sperg posted:

Jozy actually isn't allowed within 500 feet of football anymore after inappropriately touching its balls.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Controversial opinion here but I reckon sunderland would be in the semis if they played jozy "5 tool" altidore today.

Really sad he's getting this kind of treatment, probably because he's black I guess????

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I only see two tools here, this looks like complete nonsense

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I only see two tools here, this looks like complete nonsense

...there's only 1 tool there, with 2 traits.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IronCladBurrito posted:

...there's only 1 tool there, with 2 traits.

- eating pies
- falling over
- inadvertent assists
- scoring a goal
- being american

Seems like 5 tools to me.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
He's a poo poo teammate and just doesn't get it

quote:

Sunderland forward Jozy Altidore has been put in his place by his manager Gus Poyet.

The Uruguayan boss has dismissed the strikers claims that his team's system and tactics are the main reason for his poor form.

The American hasn't scored this year and has only scored once in the league for The Black Cats all season.

Altidore told The Journal: “At Sunderland right now it’s difficult. It’s a difficult team to play for, and we’re not playing as well as anybody at the club would like."

Poyet told The Telegraph: "Let's see how he reacts - I look forward to seeing what type of character he is. I'd like him to prove me wrong. I'm not a charity, it's up to him.

"With me, if you play well, you stay in the team. You can see he's got plenty of things to give, but it's about the consistency and doing it all the time.

"I went to see him with the national team. He's playing in a slightly different system, but in the game against Scotland he didn't score and this week he didn't score. It's up to him, not me."

The troubled forward will have to try and make up for his comments made on international duty if given the chance in Sunday's FA Cup tie against his former club Hull.

During his time with The Tigers, Altidore only managed one goal in 16 Premier League appearances.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
He probably reads all the posts in this thread from their original sources

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Red Star Baldgreg posted:

Big Fat Jozy Altislore posted:

“I feel like the players know my strengths more and it’s where I’m most comfortable, sure. I’ve been faring better with the national team over the past year, and I want to keep that going because it means a lot to me to play well for my country.”

Hmm something sounds off about tha

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Red Star Baldgreg posted:

lol he honestly started to believe in his own hype didnt he.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Ponce de Le0n posted:

lol he honestly started to believe in his own hype didnt he.

he runs 2 separate companies (albeit staffed by the same people) dedicated to boosting his own reputation, in addition to adidas spending six figures on his 'brand' every year for about a decade. he's got an ego possibly even bigger than his own gut, and enough gullible/jingoistic MLS social justice tifo experts to enable him until he retires years from now, having triumphantly scored 8 goals for a mid-tier MLS side offering sweet artisanal hot dogs

• Locked thread