Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Pieliedie is on loving FIRE this game with the relocate out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
these may be the exact teams I expected to hit the finals but this is a drat good series so far

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
pieliedie loving owns.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
PLD with the 1-inch relocate just to break lasso

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Man, Demon must really be loving toxic in a team environment if he can't find a team, he's clearly good enough.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
I feel like lifestealer has been a weak pick lately. Haven't seen him do much work in games.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

mikeraskol posted:

Man, Demon must really be loving toxic in a team environment if he can't find a team, he's clearly good enough.

Hes on a team though.....

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Firebatgyro posted:

Hes on a team though.....

Is that Team Dog? I thought they just formed for one tournament? If not, ignore what I said then.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
The girls on the right are going to be all over pieliedie after this.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Demon is on MVP playing in Korea.

e: oh, I guess he left them recently.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Sing goes godlike twice, that's all there is to say about that game.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Demon's issue is his inconsistency. He's been on fire this tournament but then he has days where he's hyper aggressive and just dies making dumb plays. I'm never honestly sure which Demon we're gonna get.

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

mikeraskol posted:

judging by the games he played with Fnatic at whatever tourney that was recently (D2L maybe?) he seems to be fun to play with since whenever the camera was on them they were all just always laughing

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

mikeraskol posted:

Is that Team Dog? I thought they just formed for one tournament? If not, ignore what I said then.

Yeah Dog is a legit team, they've played several tournaments including the current Dreamleague

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Problem with Demon is he'll join a team than make you forfeit a tournament because he didn't show up for your first game because he was at the gym. He seems like a LAN player but online / scrimming wise he's hit or miss.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mikeraskol posted:

They've only been around for like one month so far so I think your point may still stand? I don't really know anything about Demon though

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
In China news, NewBee already made their first roster change, letting go of ZSMJ for Banana, continuing the "4 Friends + Xiao8" theme they've got going.

ZSMJ now goes to a reformed HGT, which was a team made for WPC that was one of two squads of amateurs given a few weeks training. HGT dumped all but one of those people.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Team Liquid should sign Team Dog.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

HGH posted:

Why is Fogged bringing up Arteezy's no boots Weaver as such a good thing? I know it's because he's saving gold for bigger items but Weaver has such garbage health and lower BAT than other heroes, so it's not like the boots are purely for movespeed.

If you can get away with skipping Boots you can get other items with a larger impact like Drums, Aquila, and Linken's 450/1400g faster. You're totally right that Weaver needs HP and attack speed is great but if you're considering buying 8 STR/AGI/INT and 30 attack speed for 1400g you can justify other items over it.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Singsing Mirana, Demon Bat.

Oh boy.

Edit: Old man Fear with ice on the forearm :smith:.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Does Fear have a case of Boneitis or something

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Iced Carpal Tunnel Boys

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Why has Bone7 never been on LAN with Cloud9? He's by far their best player.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

bakka bakka posted:

Why has Bone7 never been on LAN with Cloud9? He's by far their best player.

Romanian Visa issues, if he gets it denied one more time he'll never be able to come to the US so he's waiting for TI4 I think.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

Visa issues.

RTZ Tinker + Zai Visage GET HYPED

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Also Bone7 is really good, but "by far" their best player? I'm not so sure about that.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

mikeraskol posted:

if he gets it denied one more time he'll never be able to come to the US so he's waiting for TI4 I think.

Wait, really? I didn't realize he was trying and getting denied repeatedly. I thought there was just a blanket policy toward Romania because they have a huge underclass of poor people who are likely to stay.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Craptacular! posted:

Wait, really? I didn't realize he was trying and getting denied repeatedly. I thought there was just a blanket policy toward Romania because they have a huge underclass of poor people who are likely to stay.

It's really stupid as well given that LoL already is recognized and you'll be granted visas as a sportsman or something. I mean Dota is (or almost is) on the same level so you should be able to cite the LoL clause and apply under it. But I know jack all about the law in the States so I might be totally on the wrong foot.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Man I was really skeptical about this Bounty Hunter but it's working out really decently.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Okay seriously why is there organ music.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

This is a really good series good god.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Pigbuster posted:

Okay seriously why is there organ music.

Because the tourney is being played at a music festival....

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I can 't understand why C9 picked up Drow as 3rd pick. There's very little chance of it being picked or banned out if they leave it til last and EG have basically hard counterpicked them on it.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Reoxygenation posted:

This is a really good series good god.

Well it was until Envy picked his waifu and threw this game :/

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

On the other hand, it's great seeing dumb poo poo like mom drow get a healthy stomping.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

Not to mention the shadow demon, which has given them nothing all game.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Mainwaring posted:

Drow - little chance of it being picked - EG

Ummm

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

So Track is a pretty good skill.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

That was a hell of a game by EG, especially Fear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuckFitches
Mar 3, 2014

BigLeafyTree posted:

So Track is a pretty good skill.

That's sorta understating it a bit

at 50 mana and at its shortest cooldown 5 seconds its a extremely good value, and whats better to get back from being poo poo on then just throwing it into a gank and benefiting everyone.

• Locked thread