Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

ephex posted:

Of course - United being the team everybody loves to hate and under-rate (despite our evident success)... nobody is going to want to admit it, but you're going to see another Manchester United final in the 13/14 Champions League, Moyes is hungry, RVP is hungry, Rooney is hungry, what's for dinner? Munich sandwich?

Someone go round to that guy's house and make him start posting again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

trem_two posted:

Someone go round to that guy's house and make him start posting again.

Ninpo is still active as far as I know

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
poo poo Bayern is scary. Bumming the 4th and 5th placed teams 5:1 and 6:1. Wonder how Leverkusen will do next week. :ohdear:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

elbkaida posted:

Wonder how Leverkusen will do next week. :ohdear:

ahahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:suicide:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Interesting that Pep leaves Barca and they can't press all match anymore and Bayern are running like ants on PCP. He's a top motivator and definitely the best manager in the world.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

vaginal culture posted:

Interesting that Pep leaves Barca and they can't press all match anymore and Bayern are running like ants on PCP. He's a top motivator and definitely the best manager in the world.

Peps job interview with Bayern was him coming into a room with only Müller-Wohlfahrt in it. Pep looked him in the eye, said 'Xenon', Müller-Wohlfahrt nodded and they left.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

ephex posted:

Peps job interview with Bayern was him coming into a room with only Müller-Wohlfahrt in it. Pep looked him in the eye, said 'Xenon', Müller-Wohlfahrt nodded and they left.

Lol

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Katana Gomai posted:

ahahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:suicide:

Don't worry, you're somehow gonna get away with a draw again, no one will know why and I'm gonna have a meltdown.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
Yet another great choice in watching a Nürnberg game live. At least it wasn't a three and a half hour ride back with Nazi douchebags this time.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

nippythefish posted:

Yet another great choice in watching a Nürnberg game live. At least it wasn't a three and a half hour ride back with Nazi douchebags this time.

yeah you and your friends were probably home much earlier this time

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

ephex posted:

yeah you and your friends were probably home much earlier this time

No, because it was a late game. But hey! Soulex came with us. He made for a very good fan. Witnessed first-hand how officials poo poo on us. Yay!

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
So the feud between you is off? It was fun to see the sparks fly there for a bit.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

nippythefish posted:

No, because it was a late game. But hey! Soulex came with us. He made for a very good fan. Witnessed first-hand how officials poo poo on us. Yay!

Did you kiss and hold hands?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Huub Stevens is back in the Bundesliga. Hooray?

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Motherfuckin Sebastian Kehl! He's the Man!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

General Probe posted:

So the feud between you is off? It was fun to see the sparks fly there for a bit.

Yeah, in a nutshell, I hosed up and didn't remember it so I called him and apologized. So no feud, my subsequent meltdown was funny (then that in the FIFA thread with Taff, but that's said and done with as well. I took him off ignore, apologized for being a twat, and let everything lie).

We got drunk, I yelled at the ref for being a biased oval office, and had a pretty good time. I definitely appreciate the ultra section. Non-stop singing the entire match, didn't matter when Werder scored, they were still there to support. Which was refreshing.

edit: It was also very strange to see Werder fans on the same train/in the same area as 1FCN fans. That poo poo doesn't happen in Italy.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
€18,5m... :wth:

Holy poo poo Uli. Holy poo poo.
You're gonna do jail time.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

ephex posted:

€18,5m... :wth:

Holy poo poo Uli. Holy poo poo.
You're gonna do jail time.

Not necessarily. You must do jail time over €1m, except in exceptional cases. Him coming forward and admitting it is €18.5m instead of €3.5m will probably count, together with his "voluntary disclosure of any undeclared tax liabilities" (from the dictionary for "Selbstanzeige"), as well as having no prior convictions and his social engagements. Anyway, I would be satisfied with probation, as long as he pays everything back.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Torrannor posted:

Not necessarily. You must do jail time over €1m, except in exceptional cases. Him coming forward and admitting it is €18.5m instead of €3.5m will probably count, together with his "voluntary disclosure of any undeclared tax liabilities" (from the dictionary for "Selbstanzeige"), as well as having no prior convictions and his social engagements. Anyway, I would be satisfied with probation, as long as he pays everything back.

This is all true, but a failed 'Selbstanzeige' for €3.5m and then admitting to €18.5m under pressure is a thing judges just love, especially Heindl. He makes no 'deals' and is a no nonsense type of guy.

Also you can only get a probation if the amount you didn't declare is 'reasonably small' compared to your your other tax liabilities.

Zumwinkel got two years on probation for circa one million Euros.

€18.5m is just too much.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Wouldn't €18.5m count as an exceptional case? Also if Germany is like anywhere else it seems like a perfect case to make an example out of.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

"Ich bin kein Sozialschmarotzer." -Uli Hoeneß

What a twat, I hope he has a grand ol time in the pokey.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

ephex posted:

€18.5m is just too much.

I hope so :)

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

http://www.manager-magazin.de/unternehmen/artikel/a-957869.html posted:

"Erzählen Sie doch keinen vom Gaul", sagte Feigen zu Hoeneß, der umgehend zusammenzuckte. Hoeneß hatte zunächst behauptet, es habe für ihn "keine Rolle gespielt", dass er vor der Abgabe seiner Selbstanzeige am 17. Januar 2013 von Recherchen des Magazins Stern erfahren habe. "Eine ganz große Rolle hat das gespielt", stellte Feigen umgehend richtig.

I like how even his own lawyer doesn't buy the line about Hoeneß "trying to come clean".

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
18.5 is insane.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

More then 26 apparently. :shepface:

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.
When the thing started out, he claimed that he had paid 50 million in taxes so far. 3.5 million evaded in relation to that, less than 10%, right? Now we're above 50%, let's see if we get to "evaded more than he ever paid".

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Welp, if this keeps getting bigger I think he cannot avoid doing jail time.

Though there are still people who think a fine would be punishment enough :psyduck:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Not that I'd expect the chairman of Bayern to be poor, but how on Earth is he quite this rich?

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
He has a company that makes sausages. 4 million "Nürnberger" sausages a day for ALDI and other big discounters to be more precise :)

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.

Torrannor posted:

Welp, if this keeps getting bigger I think he cannot avoid doing jail time.
It was already too big to avoid jail time yesterday, I think. And he's not that rich - as I understand it, the 27 million are largely due to evaded taxes on speculative gains. Those gains were re-invested pretty much immediately and he lost a lot of them again. I might be completely wrong though :)

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Man, Uli Hoeneß is like some sort of evil genius, leading FC Bayern to world domination and pulling the biggest ever tax evasion in Germany.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I think the perfect moment to resign from his posts at Bayern has passed.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
This probably won't affect Bayern at all, will it?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

None at all, apart from all the banter obv.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
I think everybody should remember that it's Leeds fault this happened.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

It could, if Uli did something with the Bayern money as well. I would have thought that completely impossible just a week ago, but now?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Torrannor posted:

It could, if Uli did something with the Bayern money as well. I would have thought that completely impossible just a week ago, but now?

I don't think that will be the case tho. He only got into the speculating game because of the former adidas CEO who gave him that Swiss bank account with some millions on it.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I find the whole thing rather depressing. Even people who didn't like him generally acknowledged that he is (well, was) a man of his word and 100% behind the club and his people. Now all of that is worth poo poo, for what? To have 11 times instead of only 10 times as much money as anyone and their family can reasonably spent in a lifetime?

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
I'm just upset that I may or may not have eaten one of his sausages. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
So what does Uli's sausage taste like?

• Locked thread