Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
After I started my third playthrough, my kid don't change his appearance when I change to new gear, new flair etc. He's stuck with what I picked originally. Anyw way to fix this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Is there a written list with the Chinpokomon somewhere? Preferably organised per 'region'? I don't want to watch a video and get spoiled with locations etc.
I know there is one (night 1 spoiler) on the alien ship and you can't get back to that later. I want to avoid missing others in unique areas. Without too much of the game being spoiled.

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jerusalem posted:

360 exclusive? :smith:

I looked around and it seems that information is obsolete. The TSoT articles on Wikipedia and South Park Archives no longer mention those exclusives, but some other articles still mention them..

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

bilperkins2 posted:

I don't think we'll be able to do "features" like swapping weapons, this is more like bug fixing patch.

Bobtista posted:

Remove locks on doors in the postgame. I went looking for missed things and now I'm trapped forever in the school because I can't go back up the cable you slide down to get to the basement door and i can't go forwards into the main hall because the door is locked.

Quote for new page in case it gets missed.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

WillieWestwood posted:

A question about the DLCs:

When will these show up?
Will they also show up for PC and PS3 users? If so, when?

Where is that from?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

bilperkins2 posted:

I don't think we'll be able to do "features" like swapping weapons, this is more like bug fixing patch.

Would going back and enabling access to all the missable stuff (friends, chimpokomons, etc) after you beat the game be considered adding features or fixing bugs?

Because it seems like one of the biggest reasons to have a "post game" at all would be to allow the player to go back and get what they might have missed the first time through.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
If there is DLC for the game, I'd prefer expansions to the original campaign over new post-game stories, though I'd be very happy with either or especially both.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

The Joe Man posted:

This is weird since I went back through the school in post-game to see if any Gingers respawned for an achievement and I was able to go all the way through it to the end (but had to backtrack fully).

You sure you went "all the way" through? Because I got as far as the hallway leading up to the main entrance hall, but I couldn't actually go into the main entrance. I was going after that last Chinpokomon, but it's in a locker in a hallway I can't access (I think it's on the second floor somewhere, but I couldn't get to it from the area you can access post-game).

I mean, I understand that since it's a short game they probably wanted people to do complete replays instead of post-game collectible hunting. But if that's the case why even put in free roam after the story? To frustrate players when they find out that it's impossible to 100% it if they missed a single item in a mission-specific area?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

So is mage as underwhelming as I imagine it to be? Judging from the gear designed for that class it just looks not fun.
My mage has been finishing encounters in two turns since he reached level 3. The first two levels were monotonous, but the fire ability is amazing, and lightning is pretty rad although you won't unlock it until after you needed it against the alien adbuction sequence.

I don't get why you're so focused on "mage gear," I mostly wear whatever the hell I find and then slap some patches onto it, and then kill poo poo with my bow and melee weapon when I don't need to kill 3-4 enemies at once. There are no class restrictions in this game so just wear whatever synergizes with what you like.

Mage is pretty flat until you hit 3rd and can deal with the Mongorians and get that obscene bow, though. By that point you should be regenning a lot of hps from fire anyway, and in another level or two you'll be regenning PP faster than you can cast spells (the fire spray spell regens twice as much PP as it costs to cast for me at level 6).

I've been playing on Hardcore the whole time FWIW. I started using potions around level 5 and easily beat Al Gore and his pet, and most other stuff hasn't really been trouble unless it just flat-out one-shotted me (which has happened a handful of times, but I was easily able to beat every fight the second try, although I do use a lot of environmental stuff to thin out the ranks when I die).

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 11, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I missed the Grade 5 classroom (or grade 4. Whichever Kyle and Cartman aren't in) because I wasn't sure which door progressed the story and picked wrong, and you can't seem to get back there.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Is there any chance of making battles harder via a patch or modding? It feels as if the battlesystem is just not tuned right.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

the panacea posted:

Is there any chance of making battles harder via a patch or modding? It feels as if the battlesystem is just not tuned right.

It would take some work I think. It's not that enemies aren't threats - they hit hard and will mess you up if given the opportunity. Ones that are defensive are strong enough to generally take some setup to go down. Handing out resistances to status hurts certain builds (and I find it fun to cripple enemies with status effects) and generally makes things tedious, not interesting (like a certain late game boss). Fights can be made interesting (the first boss in the last dungeon was pretty good, I thought) but I don't know a good, general way of approaching the difficulty.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Al Gore seemed like a reasonably challenging fight on hardcore mode, but then I did it very early, pretty much immediately on the second day.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

beedeebee posted:

Is there a written list with the Chinpokomon somewhere? Preferably organised per 'region'? I don't want to watch a video and get spoiled with locations etc.
I know there is one (night 1 spoiler) on the alien ship and you can't get back to that later. I want to avoid missing others in unique areas. Without too much of the game being spoiled.

I'd like to see a condensed list of missable stuff in general, be it gear, Chinpokomon or Facebook contacts. There was a perfect list of all the FB contacts posted a few days ago, something like that for the 'mons and gear would be great.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
This one's pretty good and it has pictures of almost all of them:

http://www.lazygamer.net/features/south-parkthe-stick-of-truth-chinpokomon-guide/

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Slim Killington posted:

They also make a joke about you being a magician from Jersey if have spray tan skin and pick Mage.

If you're a spray tan Jew, Cartman will unfavourably compare you to Kyle's mom.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

GreatGreen posted:

Would going back and enabling access to all the missable stuff (friends, chimpokomons, etc) after you beat the game be considered adding features or fixing bugs?

Because it seems like one of the biggest reasons to have a "post game" at all would be to allow the player to go back and get what they might have missed the first time through.

It'll depend on how hard it is to do.

edit: I don't mean conceptually, I mean in practice, in the engine.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The system requirements for the PC version are much lower than what it claims. I mean, they must be, because it runs without any problems on my year-old laptop with a 1.50Ghz Celeron chip with a generic Intel HD graphics card. In fact, in 5 hours of play, I haven't seen a single instance of the "stuttering" that other people have talked about, so maybe it runs better on low end machines. Granted, I do have twice the recommended RAM, but still.

This seems like a trend in fact, since I can run Skyrim on low settings on this laptop with no problem as well, even though I "shouldn't" be able to. I wonder why developers do this...

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

precision posted:

The system requirements for the PC version are much lower than what it claims. I mean, they must be, because it runs without any problems on my year-old laptop with a 1.50Ghz Celeron chip with a generic Intel HD graphics card. In fact, in 5 hours of play, I haven't seen a single instance of the "stuttering" that other people have talked about, so maybe it runs better on low end machines. Granted, I do have twice the recommended RAM, but still.

This seems like a trend in fact, since I can run Skyrim on low settings on this laptop with no problem as well, even though I "shouldn't" be able to. I wonder why developers do this...

Better to be overly cautious than promise it'll work and you find out it doesn't.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

precision posted:

Minimum are a somewhat arbitrary requirements set to shut up idiots who demand their money back if the game doesn't run @60 FPS on their decade old frankencomputers.

On topic: I'm glad that Obsidian seems to have managed to snag a 85 Metacritic rating.

the panacea fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 11, 2014

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

King Vidiot posted:

Well everyone seemed all uptight over fighting with adults for some reason, I guess it was just "MAH CANON!" and not over the moral implications.
I don't like the kids fighting adults because it's not consistent with the TV show. Also, the combat is boring and I'd be happier if you could resolve a confrontation in any other way. You can distract the soldiers guarding the "Taco Bell" with projected farts - trickery or comically dumb luck would be much more fun than fighting.

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

bilperkins2 posted:

Where is that from?

This article. Much of the information there is from THQ, which is now defunct.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

I thought I remember some early promotional screens of the game where you fight crab people. Did I miss a battle or is this cutting room floor stuff?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Cutting room floor stuff. The only Crab Person you see is underground banging on a drum.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Hoooly poo poo, that Underpants gnome warlock fight. I couldn't stop laughing when you were squished by those balls

That reminds me, when do I get to use that size powder? I saw a lot of alien stuff before I got the anal probe, but I haven't seen anything that makes the powder useful for exploration

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

the panacea posted:

Minimum are a somewhat arbitrary requirements set to shut up idiots who demand their money back if the game doesn't run @60 FPS on their decade old frankencomputers.

I guess that makes sense. I'm just an old fogey and remember when "minimum requirements" really did mean "you absolutely must have this or you're boned" (ie, the 90s).

I guess all the bitching about having to create custom autoexec.bat and config.sys files had an impact.

Vindicator
Jul 23, 2007

Stalins Moustache posted:

Hoooly poo poo, that Underpants gnome warlock fight. I couldn't stop laughing when you were squished by those balls

That reminds me, when do I get to use that size powder? I saw a lot of alien stuff before I got the anal probe, but I haven't seen anything that makes the powder useful for exploration

I can think of exactly two places where I used the powder outside of story stuff: One was a garage door that wouldn't go all the way up, and one was some vent in one of the stores that you could break and then walk inside for a Chinpokomon. I'm sure I missed a couple.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

There's a bunch of small stuff all over the game world. The bushes outside your house, a vent in one of the buildings downtown, a log on the West side of town. It wasn't used much in the story itself outside of the clinic.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ArchRanger posted:

There's a bunch of small stuff all over the game world. The bushes outside your house, a vent in one of the buildings downtown, a log on the West side of town. It wasn't used much in the story itself outside of the clinic.

Oh poo poo, thank you, I was wondering why the gently caress I couldn't get the Chinpokomon under the bench. outside that one store.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

ArchRanger posted:

Well... and one of the endgame parts

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ArchRanger posted:

Also the bank, 2 places in the sewers, beside the Spock kid's house to get his parent's key, under a log in the hobo camp, inside the barn.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

ArchRanger posted:

Odd, I already had a laundry list of places to check with the gnome powder by the time I got it. In comparison, I literally never knew what Stan or Jimmys overworld power did until I had to use them in the story. Even now, thinking back, I can remember the handicap ramp at the school and 0 other places for either Jimmy or Stan.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Phenotype posted:

Odd, I already had a laundry list of places to check with the gnome powder by the time I got it. In comparison, I literally never knew what Stan or Jimmys overworld power did until I had to use them in the story. Even now, thinking back, I can remember the handicap ramp at the school and 0 other places for either Jimmy or Stan.

Jimmy and Stan both had things in Mr. Slave's rear end. I don't remember Kyle or Cartman having any use outside of battle

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
gently caress Al Gore. Seriously that boss fight is annoying as gently caress. I wouldn't mind him summoning the secret service if they didn't have two minions with fuckloads of armor that could take out 1/3 of your HP, which is also very difficult to block

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

gently caress Al Gore. Seriously that boss fight is annoying as gently caress. I wouldn't mind him summoning the secret service if they didn't have two minions with fuckloads of armor that could take out 1/3 of your HP, which is also very difficult to block

It's a side-quest. You can do it later after you've leveled some more.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
The key thing with Gore is to knock off his Regeneration Buff.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Crowd control is very useful here. Fought him after only exploring the sewers day 2, HC. More details: my Fighter used the bullhorn to keep up attack down and pissed off while Butters supported him, while my Thief had Jimmy put them to sleep, while he stunned one and focused it down. I can imagine frost damage being useful to apply the slow as well. Using speed pots, Gore dies to dots at the end of his second turn, usually. Make sure you're using a ranged weapon with multiple hits to get a full stack of bleeds on Gore first round, with any fire / gross out damage as a bonus. If you have a broken bottle from the sewers, try that with a fire strap in it.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Malek posted:

The key thing with Gore is to knock off his Regeneration Buff.

I just abused Speed Potions. Those things are totally busted.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

FYI the patch you PC users are about to get doesn't do anything for you. It's prep stuff for the German version. Every version needs to be patched in order to fix it because of the way Steam handles Depots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I did like 4 hours of sidequesting before I even completed the first major story quest, I think I'm seeing where the complaints about the game being "too easy" are coming from because I literally don't even remember to use items ever.

I don't really mind, especially since the timing on most of the attacks and defending is way harder than Mario RPG games.

• Locked thread