Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Liquid and Fnatic have collided in some sort of black hole of horrible that has created an entertaining game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

What the gently caress was the bat doing

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

mikeraskol posted:

Liquid and Fnatic have collided in some sort of black hole of horrible that has created an entertaining game.

Enigma isn't in this game.

Morricone
Jul 7, 2005

Lant posted:

Enigma isn't in this game.

Given the chaos in this game you can't be sure on that.

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
EVERYBODY'S TEXTING

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Naga + Aghs Disruptor is so disgusting.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Kainser posted:

Naga + Aghs Disruptor is so disgusting.

Seriously you pretty much have to bkb as soon as you hear the song to survive

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
And BKBing in to Song is a good way to get yourself focused by 5 people.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Exactly. Fnatic had a disgusting line up with their potential push and hero pick offs

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

James you colossal prick.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.
I cannot think of a team that has such a clear lack of leadership or even a simple "frontman" than Liquid.

The team seems to be a collection of passive, or passive aggressive at best dudes.

Unless there's something I'm missing.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Interviewing a guy from a team that lost all their games that day seems like a bit of a dick move.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

Kainser posted:

Interviewing a guy from a team that lost all their games that day seems like a bit of a dick move.

Counterpoint; TC would answer this interview exactly the same, even if they had won all their games.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Kainser posted:

Even if it weren't, James really made it a dick move with his opener.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo, Livestreamer actually has a MLG plugin with the new 1.7.5 build. No more watching the network tools in Chrome Dev tools to see the stream then adding +1 to it.

Doing "livestreamer http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/show/dotacinema best" is so much easier than dealing with that adblock hating webpage.

YouTuber fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 11, 2014

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Watching some dude play pub Meepo against a team that includes EE.

Envy's Lone Druid is 0-4-0 after 20 minutes. :v:

EDIT: It's now just turned clowny with Envy being held in place by Meepo nets unable to move and writing "idk i give up"

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 11, 2014

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Liquid is so loving bad right now it's amazing. They are losing to this team called Osiris right now.

It's like these guys forgot how to play.

Edit: They kind of turned it around right as I made the post, but still, it shouldn't be this close.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Craptacular! posted:

EDIT: It's now just turned clowny with Envy being held in place by Meepo nets unable to move and writing "idk i give up"

I tuned in just in time to see this, it was beautiful.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
Fear and Universe keep initiating one after the other with not support and eHugs Lifestealer cleans them both up. He's getting really farmed, a bit scared for EG

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
"they're just cocksucker mids, they're really annoying, BUT THAT'S JUST WHAT PAJKATT CALLS THEM"

come on merlini, you're better than this

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Revenge are dunking some even more terrible team that don't know what sentry wards are :smith:

Phantasmal
Jun 6, 2001
On the subject of Liquid, Fluff just released a blog that basically confirms what everybody already knew:

quote:

Forget the formatting, forget the formalities, all I have is here and now. I can already tell that this blog will be a total cluster-fu*k judging by my emotions at the moment, so bear with me. I barely edit these things and usually do them in one sitting.

I want to write about something that kills me. Every day of my life I feel this aching pain that drives me completely mad and I've had just about enough. I'm not nor have I ever really been the captain of Team Liquid 1.0 or 2.0. I'm angry... I'm sad and I feel isolated. The thing that makes me the angriest is that it's in my head. I'm so controlled by fear that I can't stand up for what I believe and express who I really am as a person. I'm angry that I'm afraid...

Team Liquid has been a joke for as long as I can remember; Nothing but a streak of disappointing results and inconsistent play. Everyone looks at us and says, "Hey they are team that will let me down" and "Hey their team has so much potential, but I wouldn't bet my money on them." We're losers, we just are. And I'm a bigger loser for letting all of this happen. I don't know how many blogs I've put out that stressed the improvement of our team that basically led to empty promises of success. This is one of the biggest reasons why I stopped doing blogs... it's been months since my last one because I'm sick and tired of letting our fans down. And just for the record, I did mean every single word I said in those blogs and I honestly felt like we were improving all along. However, I realize that the root of this problem goes much deeper than experience.

quote:

How many of you readers know of teams that just have no one out there calling shots or being assertive about the team? Every single team has this problem and I've said in the past that I don't believe there are many true leaders in this world. I believe that most leaders are the ones who rise to the occasion of challenge and adversity.

Not once since the inception of Team Liquid 1.0 have I felt the trust and friendship of the entirety of our team.

quote:

Our team started to see some success barriers and I began almost co-captaining TC's drafts. Which, I feel, undermined his ideas and created an even more dense tension between us. After all, he was the drafter and I have no place telling him things when I'm not doing it myself. Things were just not working out and people started to get scapegoated for a lack of leadership. Ixmike and Korok were two of the biggest targets for our blameless failures as a team. Some of the things were valid, but many of the things were on my back. When things were rough I tried to draft and lead again but I felt distrust and an unwillingness to fail, so I backed down once more. I noticed I had failed as leader, I had failed to garner my confidence and my teams trust, and at the end of the day I could never return to captain the team. TC was never meant to be our permanent leader, it was just a technique for me to recuperate myself and I never did.

quote:

I always get asked why Team Liquid players don't play together on stream that often and a lot of it has to do with the fact that we aren't great friends. We are all decent friends, but I can't tell you that I know much about Bulba's life or anybody else's for that matter because we don't spend much time together outside of scrims. Part of the reason for that is that we spend the majority of our days together already for practice and tournaments. 8am/9am to the afternoon is when we scrim and we find that afterwards we really had enough of each other and would rather talk to our other friends and play with them. We simply cease conversation after scrims except for a couple of messages here and there regarding Dota. When we go to LANs I feel like there's more of a disconnect between our team than any other. We walk together, but mainly in silence and when we laugh it's mostly because someone's making a fool of themselves.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

drat that's depressing stuff

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

:frogsiren: Bloodseeker picked to counter a Slark :frogsiren:

http://www.twitch.tv/dotastarladder_en

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

boredsatellite posted:

drat that's depressing stuff

I started laughing at first, but as I kept reading, it just gets more and more sad. :(

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

I agree with him - at the moment, Liquid shouldn't get a direct invite to TI4. They've not been a "team" at any point and it's catching up with them.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
That reads too much like a middle aged man deciding that his career is poo poo, not like a 21 year old.

He probably needs to leave. I'm not saying the team's problem exists with him, but he's clearly running out of energy and doesn't like being in a place of attention. Sticking around is only going to prolong that. If he would feel more comfortable playing with his friends and perhaps also being one of the scene's frequent standins, then that's what he should do.

I don't know how many teams are "great friends." Alliance and pre-shuffle LGD were sort of exceptional for that.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Craptacular! posted:

I don't know how many teams are "great friends." Alliance and pre-shuffle LGD were sort of exceptional for that.

I don't think they need to be great friends but it would probably help if they really wanted to spend any time with each other at all. As it stands they're little more than colleagues, which isn't very conducive to getting good performances.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

mfcrocker posted:

I don't think they need to be great friends but it would probably help if they really wanted to spend any time with each other at all. As it stands they're little more than colleagues, which isn't very conducive to getting good performances.

That's my thinking as well. I mean, based on the post, it sounds like they're basically 5 strangers that play together, like they met in a pub game one day and decided "Let's form a pro team!" and that was how it happened.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Craptacular! posted:

That reads too much like a middle aged man deciding that his career is poo poo, not like a 21 year old.

He probably needs to leave. I'm not saying the team's problem exists with him, but he's clearly running out of energy and doesn't like being in a place of attention. Sticking around is only going to prolong that. If he would feel more comfortable playing with his friends and perhaps also being one of the scene's frequent standins, then that's what he should do.

Fnatic is also a team that seems to be a pretty tight knit bunch.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think Korean Dota has really improved a lot. This is a legit good game with good players

e: I'm basing this on my subjective viewpoint from not watching Korean Dota for a long time so maybe it has been good for a while

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 12, 2014

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
I've been trying to catch all the Zephyr games at least because they have the only players I know. It's been pretty fun watching most of the games, even with some of the teams I don't know. With that said Zephyr wins a lot of games where they come back in the late game, always exciting.

EDIT: It also sucks that both Zephyr and EoT Hammer didn't get invites for the star series, they were first and second in the last big Korean LAN

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

You know for me Fluff comes off real bad after reading that huge blog post. I can understand being frustrated with how you are playing and maybe pushing for some changes but I don't think you tell the world that. I know he has blogged before about stuff but ,with a team thats playing badly already, it seems like a bad idea to put yourself out there right now like that. Parts of it also come off as him giving veiled threats of leaving if he doesn't get his way. Whoever is captaining that team right now is probably a bit pissed after reading that.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

ChaosReaper posted:

You know for me Fluff comes off real bad after reading that huge blog post. I can understand being frustrated with how you are playing and maybe pushing for some changes but I don't think you tell the world that. I know he has blogged before about stuff but ,with a team thats playing badly already, it seems like a bad idea to put yourself out there right now like that. Parts of it also come off as him giving veiled threats of leaving if he doesn't get his way. Whoever is captaining that team right now is probably a bit pissed after reading that.

Yeah, divisions within teams happen in any competitive environment, but "don't air your dirty laundry in public" is a pretty standard rule that everyone should know to follow.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

ChaosReaper posted:

That's the thing, it doesn't sound like anyone's doing a particular job of captaining right now. It sounds like they utterly lack anyone to call.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

[A] vs Na'vi coming up soon on Starladder.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
FLUFF got a beta key by directly asking Icefrog for one. That rules.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Sven is the most Swedish hero :sweden:

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

Meat Recital posted:

FLUFF got a beta key by directly asking Icefrog for one. That rules.

I got mine because my bro created a hosting bot for WC3 Dota and icefrog liked it so much they were bff's and handed my friend 3 keys!

But all the early games were full of pros or semi pros and oh lord > Game is hard. I'd probably have 7000 games by now if I stuck to it at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Who plays Lion on Navi?

• Locked thread