Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

Shyfted One posted:

Get your Xbone Titanfall edition at https://www.microsoftstore.com for only $400 with code "1" at checkout.

Hope none of you bought an xbone recently for $500.

Didn't work for me. That's too bad. I was going to buy another Xbone because I enjoy mine so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

The Royal Scrub posted:

I still can't log in today. I can't even play other games or Netflix so it's pretty stupid.

Do a hard reset (power cable pull or long-press the power button).

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

VincesUndies posted:

Didn't work for me. That's too bad. I was going to buy another Xbone because I enjoy mine so much.

Yeah. Seems they fixed it.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Just tried the promo code on a Surface 2 and that doesn't work. It was fun while it lasted!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Shyfted One posted:

Yeah. Seems they fixed it.

Eh, tried it right now and it works fine.

e- and now it wont even let me add a bone to the cart.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

The Royal Scrub posted:

I still can't log in today. I can't even play other games or Netflix so it's pretty stupid.

poo poo it better be working when I get home. I played Titanfall flawlessly for 4 hours last night and was impressed they managed not to gently caress it all up because EA and everything. Maybe I was just lucky?

EDIT - now that I look back through the thread it looks like most people weren't having issues. Welp, I still better be able to play when I get home from work because I was thinking about punching robits all day instead of doing work

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 12, 2014

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

poo poo it better be working when I get home. I played Titanfall flawlessly for 4 hours last night and was impressed they managed not to gently caress it all up because EA and everything. Maybe I was just lucky?

EDIT - now that I look back through the thread it looks like most people weren't having issues. Welp, I still better be able to play when I get home from work because I was thinking about punching robits all day instead of doing work

Yeah, one of my friends messaged me when I got home and was like LOL HOPE YOU DIDNT WANT TO PLAY TITANFALL - and I was like "uh, I'm logged in playing it right now...here's a Twitch stream"

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

If I'm not mistaken, the Titanfall servers themselves on the Xbox One side held up pretty well for the most part, I think the only issue was getting an initial sign-in to Xbox Live working due to the Xbox One Live authentication servers getting hammered. If you managed to sign in before the trouble started, you maintained an open session with the Xbox Live backend and were fine. It was that first step that was troublesome for many people. So if you manage to sign in you should probably not do anything to sign yourself out, just in case.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

univbee posted:

If I'm not mistaken, the Titanfall servers themselves on the Xbox One side held up pretty well for the most part, I think the only issue was getting an initial sign-in to Xbox Live working due to the Xbox One Live authentication servers getting hammered. If you managed to sign in before the trouble started, you maintained an open session with the Xbox Live backend and were fine. It was that first step that was troublesome for many people. So if you manage to sign in you should probably not do anything to sign yourself out, just in case.

I think even this was regional or something. I initially logged in around 5pm EST played until 7pm, logged off, logged back in around 9pm and played til 11pm and didnt have any issues with it.

sba posted:

Yeah, one of my friends messaged me when I got home and was like LOL HOPE YOU DIDNT WANT TO PLAY TITANFALL - and I was like "uh, I'm logged in playing it right now...here's a Twitch stream"

Haha, yeah, I had a message on facebook from a PS4 owning buddy and we had a conversation along the lines of:

"Did you get Titanfall?"
"Yup!"
"Did it work?"
"Yup!"
"Oh"

I told him it was fun but he never responded to that part so I dunno if he was annoyed that it worked or just never got around to answering.

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 12, 2014

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...

univbee posted:

The problem actually had nothing to do with capacity, usage, or Titanfall itself. It was an unfortunate coincidence that it occurred smack in the middle of the day that TF was released.

It was fixed last night around 7:00 PM (PST). Nobody should be hitting it anymore, but if you are try a cold reboot (pull the power plug, or hold the power button long enough to shut down entirely).

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Last I heard from an xbone owner it was a cascade failure. It went from titanfall/forza in-game joining breaking, to sign-in breaking for multiple hours, to the netflix and youtube apps not working. He's now playing titanfall on PC as he couldn't sign in on the bone.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Last I heard from an xbone owner it was a cascade failure. It went from titanfall/forza in-game joining breaking, to sign-in breaking for multiple hours, to the netflix and youtube apps not working. He's now playing titanfall on PC as he couldn't sign in on the bone.

Looked to be a 6 hour outage or so. They seemed to account for the game server bottleneck but not the XBL / Origin signin bottleneck. At least it wasn't a D3/Simcity/BF4 scale clusterfuck (yet, the game only just came out in Aus today and the weekend is coming up).

In other news:

- New Kinect Sports Rivals trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2U4zuZFvZY

- Use your X1 controller on PC (unofficially)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGXHejtLeII

- Some nerd is about to crack 1 mill gamerscore
http://www.twitch.tv/stallion83

Kinect Sports Rivals is looking good, wish they showed a bit more gameplay on the trailer though. I don't see any table tennis either!

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 13, 2014

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

That Kinect Sports game looks pretty fun. The jetski thing that is out now is a good time. I hope it scratches that WiiSports itch.

edit - I cant even imagine how many hours of horrible games you would have to pay for and then play to get 1,000,000 gamerscore. It took me like 7 years to get 25,000 gamerscore and I certainly didnt enjoy all of it.

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 13, 2014

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

hanyolo posted:

- Some nerd is about to crack 1 mill gamerscore
http://www.twitch.tv/stallion83

Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWuSPclItTA

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Shyfted One posted:

Get your Xbone Titanfall edition at https://www.microsoftstore.com for only $400 with code "1" at checkout.

Hope none of you bought an xbone recently for $500.

Heard about that this AM and was about to jump on it. Get to check out and the code no longer works :smithicide:

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
So if I get Titanfall for PC to play with a good friend who got it to play with a coworker at his new job so they'd actually have something in common, am I still a bad, bad person if no bone is involved?

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

AlternateAccount posted:

So if I get Titanfall for PC to play with a good friend who got it to play with a coworker at his new job so they'd actually have something in common, am I still a bad, bad person if no bone is involved?

Titanfall is fun and good people play Titanfall. The only bad person is the person who doesnt want to play Titanfall at all. As long as you dont say the game isnt fun because it doesnt have enough pixels or cite abysmal framerate issues that have managed to not crop up in my personal 5 hours of play time, I think the Xbone Mafia will let you live.

edit - xbone mafia sounds like rap label but microsoft mafia has alliteration, so roll with whichever you prefer

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 13, 2014

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
Is MGSV: Ground Zeroes really coming out Tuesday? I've seen like zero hype for it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

The Royal Scrub posted:

Is MGSV: Ground Zeroes really coming out Tuesday? I've seen like zero hype for it.

Because people hate the idea of a paid demo despite buying the gently caress out of every Steam Early Access game that comes around. It's dumb as hell and Ground Zeroes is going to be pretty great.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

The only bad person is the person who doesnt want to play Titanfall at all.

Guess I'm a bad person, then. :geno:

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010

Ularg posted:

Because people hate the idea of a paid demo despite buying the gently caress out of every Steam Early Access game that comes around. It's dumb as hell and Ground Zeroes is going to be pretty great.

Maybe because when they buy early access they get the full game on release as well instead of having to buy that as well.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

YourAverageJoe posted:

Guess I'm a bad person, then. :geno:

Me too. I dislike shooters because I suck at them and they are also incredibly repetitive to me. The only shooter I ever really liked was America's Army and that was a loving recruitment tool for the military. I am in desperate need of a good single player RPG for the bone. I've already got Watchdogs paid off and I'll probably be stupid enough to get the Elder Scrolls MMO, but I am dying for a proper Elder Scrolls or Fallout.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I think the problem most people have with shooters is all the circlestrafing bunnyhopping twelve year olds who headshot, headshot, headshot. Probably while using mice and keys.

Because that's not annoying as gently caress to play against at all.

The advice I would give is to stay the hell away from deathmatch or hoppers containing modes like that, and concentrate on objective-based games. Sure, you'll still run into some assholes who don't seem to get the rules of the game mode they're playing, but at this point you're not actively trying to engage them, you're capping points and flags while the meatheads kill each other.

Then, if voice chat is on (it isn't) you can hear their prepubescent little voices complain about how they don't understand how you got in first you DIDN'T EVEN GET ANY KILLS.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
For those that care about numbers, February NPD (US only) results are out:

http://venturebeat.com/2014/03/13/february-2014-npd-playstation-4-and-xbox-one-continue-fighting-it-out/

Hardware:

PS4: 258,000 / 0.9 = 286.7K (Though XB1 is "over 90%" of the PS4's sales, so it might be a bit lower.)
Xbox One: 258K
Xbox 360: 114K (-62.2%)
Wii U: Nearly 82.5K (+~25%)

Was honestly expecting Xbox One to do 100k again, especially since the March Titanfall XB1 bundle was announced near the end of Feb. Maybe people really like PvZ? :shrug:

March numbers should be quite interesting given these surprising Feb results

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

hanyolo posted:

Was honestly expecting Xbox One to do 100k again, especially since the March Titanfall XB1 bundle was announced near the end of Feb. Maybe people really like PvZ? :shrug:

Almost certainly the Titanfall hype train. At this point, I'll eat my portion of crow: Titanfall has shifted Xbones. Whether that's going to be enough in the medium to long term is another question entirely.

Certainly, if the Xbone fails to outsell the PS4 next month, it's time to stick a fork in it (it's going to outsell the PS4).

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Delusibeta posted:

Almost certainly the Titanfall hype train. At this point, I'll eat my portion of crow: Titanfall has shifted Xbones. Whether that's going to be enough in the medium to long term is another question entirely.

Certainly, if the Xbone fails to outsell the PS4 next month, it's time to stick a fork in it (it's going to outsell the PS4).

I feel sorry for those 100k people who ordered in Feb and didn't get Titanfall for free then :v: There wasn't even a price drop in the US this month afaik? I wonder if it helped shift more units in Europe.

If Sony fixes up the stock issues, I could see them both being equal in March as well, especially with an Infamous bundle (That's when I was going to get a PS4, I'm thinking I might wait for one more exclusive / destiny though).

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hanyolo posted:

There wasn't even a price drop in the US this month afaik?

I think some retailers like target and walmart were giving $50 gift cards with a bone purchase but not an official price drop.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

hanyolo posted:

http://venturebeat.com/2014/03/13/february-2014-npd-playstation-4-and-xbox-one-continue-fighting-it-out/

Hardware:

PS4: 258,000 / 0.9 = 286.7K (Though XB1 is "over 90%" of the PS4's sales, so it might be a bit lower.)

Yeah I was expecting in the 100k range as well and didn't think the sales hike would happen until next month. Honestly surprised that they've not finished off the 3.9 million shipped units from 2013.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

zen sex robot posted:

February was tax return month, so lots of people with an extra few hundred or so to burn all the sudden and plentiful stock. No one that was needing their tax return check to buy a console was going to wait a few weeks to maybe get a PS4, that money is burning a hole and you gotta spend NOW! Plus with the Japan launch, Sonys stock was spread even more thinly. March will be a big month again and then it's another dry spell for both, so I'd expect things to slow down a bit.
This is brilliant analysis.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hanyolo posted:

Hardware:

Yeah, these numbers are really surprising. This bodes pretty well for their March numbers.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Keep in mind, these numbers are exclusively US figures, and the Xbox family have always done very, very well in the US and UK (while suffering in the majority of other countries), these numbers should, in theory, be the very highest it will be out of all the countries it's available in.

Not to throw a wet towel on peoples celebrations, just good to keep a level head about things and not set yourself up for disappointments.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Faustus posted:

This is brilliant analysis.

It's why I bought last month instead of waiting until June.

catanussurprise
Mar 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Neurolimal posted:

Keep in mind, these numbers are exclusively US figures, and the Xbox family have always done very, very well in the US and UK (while suffering in the majority of other countries), these numbers should, in theory, be the very highest it will be out of all the countries it's available in.

Not to throw a wet towel on peoples celebrations, just good to keep a level head about things and not set yourself up for disappointments.

Reading the other thread from novemeber it was incontrovertible forum fact that the PS4 was gonna outsell XB by 3-1 and die a slow death. I'm just happy thats nowhere near the case.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

Yeah I'd be curious to know what the global numbers are like now, and what they are like at the end of March. I believe the attach rate is a little bit more in xbones favour too (2.75 vs 2.3?). Will be interesting to see how that skews based on Titanfall and Infamous.

Does attach rate also include games that come with the console and freebies like GWG and PS+?

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 14, 2014

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

catanussurprise posted:

Reading the other thread from novemeber it was incontrovertible forum fact that the PS4 was gonna outsell XB by 3-1 and die a slow death. I'm just happy thats nowhere near the case.

Well, it's extremely evident that the Xbone is being outsold heavily by the PS4 globally.

In the month before their biggest release for a long while, with a free beta for said game running and multiple retailer incentives offering rebates of up to $50, Xbone didn't manage to outsell their supply-constrained direct competitor in their only strong market: North America.

MS will have a tough time buying exclusives, and with MS seemingly pivoting away from hardware in general, Xbone division isn't looking at a rosy future.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

catanussurprise posted:

Well outside of the US the ps4 is selling 4/5:1 against the xbone depending on which country you're looking at. Even uk was still 3:1 iirc.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Fame Douglas posted:

MS will have a tough time buying exclusives, and with MS seemingly pivoting away from hardware in general, Xbone division isn't looking at a rosy future.

The way exclusives have been working is weird this gen. I haven't researched all the games, but it seems to be all systems, PS4 only, X1 only, or X1/PC. Are there any PS4/PC exclusives? I guess Microsoft is leveraging it's PC market a bit in these "deals".

Then again, if you're going the X1/PC route or the PS4 only route, how much extra effort is there in bring the game to other platforms? I wouldn't mind seeing in the future games coming to X1/PC only or PS4/PC only.

E: Just remembered about Diablo 3, That's a PS4/PC exclusive afaik.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

hanyolo posted:

The way exclusives have been working is weird this gen. I haven't researched all the games, but it seems to be all systems, PS4 only, X1 only, or X1/PC. Are there any PS4/PC exclusives? I guess Microsoft is leveraging it's PC market a bit in these "deals".

Then again, if you're going the X1/PC route or the PS4 only route, how much extra effort is there in bring the game to other platforms? I wouldn't mind seeing in the future games coming to X1/PC only or PS4/PC only.

E: Just remembered about Diablo 3, That's a PS4/PC exclusive afaik.

Almost every indie game is PC/PS4 because Microsoft literally told a bunch of indie devs (before the 180) that they "weren't suitable for the platform" or were otherwise unwanted.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

^^loving baron's ballsack
some of the indies on and coming to psn will be ps4/vita/pc exclusive, not sure about retail games though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
The free to play games are also PS4/PC, like Planetside 2, Blacklight, and Warframe. Though Warframe might come to xb1?

• Locked thread