Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

Babby Thatcher posted:

Many top players come from the Eredivisie; Ibrahimovic, Van Persie, Van der Vaart, Vlaar, Elia, Stekelenburg and more. Even in the old days there came players like Kluivert, Van Basten and Cocu. And now with this guy and talents like Depay...

Hah, a list with Elia, Cocu and Stekelenburg, but no Ronaldo, Romario or Bergkamp.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

cowabunga

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

sweek0 posted:

Hah, a list with Elia, Cocu and Stekelenburg, but no Ronaldo, Romario or Bergkamp.

Who?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I think those are Game of Thrones characters. Speaking of which, I've got some great Jozy-themed branding opportunities I'd like to share with Mr. Altidore's Twitter PR hypeman.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sweek0 posted:

Romario and Ronaldo are beta bitches who never played in England.

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I think those are Game of Thrones characters. Speaking of which, I've got some great Jozy-themed branding opportunities I'd like to share with Mr. Altidore's Twitter PR hypeman.

Like this one?

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

Hello, Jozy, my old friend
Teammates passed you the ball again
Toward the goal you're softly creeping
Show the fans that you are sleeping
As you fall again you'll hear that no one
Still remains
Within the sound of silence.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

NeoNaoNeo posted:

He's pretty good at saying things and having them come true

:drat:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

NeoNaoNeo posted:

He's pretty good at saying things and having them come true

What am I missing here? :(

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

What am I missing here? :(

A lot apparently.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
AZ qualified for the Europa League last 8 yesterday.

Makes you think!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

oliwan posted:

Makes you think!

Makes me think you're weirdly defensive about the Dutch league.

It's not as good as you think it is, nor is it as bad as you seem to think other people think it is merely because they understand that scoring a lot of goals in it isn't a good test of a striker's quality.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
You are right, I was primarily triggered by posters suggesting that Sunderland are a better team than AZ.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

oliwan posted:

You are right, I was primarily triggered by posters suggesting that Sunderland are a better team than AZ.

I suspect they wouldn't be in a relegation fight had they started the season somehow in the Dutch top flight.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

oliwan posted:

Makes you think!

it didnt make me think

CHIVERS
Apr 28, 2004

c'est quand meme la honte
I've had a good think about it and I've come to the conclusion that Jozy is a fat poo poo.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

CHIVERS posted:

I've had a good think about it and I've come to the conclusion that Jozy is a fat poo poo.

He is.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Pissflaps posted:

I suspect they wouldn't be in a relegation fight had they started the season somehow in the Dutch top flight.

I suspect Sunderland wouldn't have the PL revenue streams there either.

Makes you think.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Healbot posted:

I suspect Sunderland wouldn't have the PL revenue streams there either.

Makes you think.

Is it making you think that Jozy isn't a fat useless fraud?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Pissflaps posted:

Is it making you think that Jozy isn't a fat useless fraud?

He really is OP.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Jozy is so good at falling down on his side that I think he could land the leading role in costa concordia the musical.

red_blip
Feb 19, 2008

Fine human machine.
Is Jozy the worst starting player in the league in terms of effectiveness?

e: Actually in all terms.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Jozy is the unwanted buttplug in a 21 man orgy.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

red_blip posted:

Is Jozy the worst starting player in the league in terms of effectiveness?

e: Actually in all terms.

He doesn't even start any more, Poyet rightly prefers the duct taped together knees and ankles of Steven Fletcher.

red_blip
Feb 19, 2008

Fine human machine.
Haha, yeah okay so... was he the worst? Can anyone think of someone that was less effective with the time given to them? (Not including injuries)

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

red_blip posted:

Haha, yeah okay so... was he the worst? Can anyone think of someone that was less effective with the time given to them? (Not including injuries)

I genuinely can't, even Jason Lee had more goals in the Premier League than Jozy. Park Chu Young maybe, but he's played 8 minutes of league football.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Danny Graham's appalling tbf, also a reminder that Torres cost 50 million pounds

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Jozy is the American Dong Fangzhuo.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The answer is an always will be Ali Dia.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

chuggo is BACK posted:

Danny Graham's appalling tbf, also a reminder that Torres cost 50 million pounds

For Graham's Prem record to be worse than Jozy's he'd have to not score for another 352 games, thats 9 seasons.

I genuinely think Jozy has the worst Prem goalscoring record of any striker who has played a decent number of games.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Cornelius at Cardiff.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Taff posted:

Cornelius at Cardiff.

He only played 8 games, all as a substitute

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Blue Screen Error posted:

I genuinely think Jozy has the worst Prem goalscoring record of any striker who has played a decent number of games.

Haha

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

red_blip posted:

I can't think of a single worse player to have played over 50 games in the premier league.

Ninpo posted:

I genuinely can't, even Jason Lee had more goals in the Premier League than Jozy. Park Chu Young maybe, but he's played 8 minutes of league football.

Jozy only needs 12 in his next 23 games to match Jason Lee, and for most of those games he will have had a full pre-season at Sunderland to acclimatise.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Strawman posted:

Jozy only needs 12 in his next 23 games to match Jason Lee, and for most of those games he will have had a full pre-season at Sunderland to acclimatise.

Lol

So at his current scoring rate in the Premier League he needs another 12 seasons to match Jason Lee's goal tally.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Unironically think I could score a goal a season.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

red_blip posted:

I could think of plenty equally useless just looking at old Sunderland strikers. Andy Smith, Jon Stead, Daryl Murphy, David Healy. All equally woeful.

e; Misread your post, didn't realise you meant current strikers. Still, these players were all regular startes in the Premier League at one point.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Bland posted:

I could think of plenty equally useless just looking at old Sunderland strikers. Andy Smith, Jon Stead, Daryl Murphy, David Healy. All equally woeful.

e; Misread your post, didn't realise you meant current strikers. Still, these players were all regular startes in the Premier League at one point.

john steed: 13 premier league goals over three seasons
Daryl Murphy: 4 in three seasons but didnt he play as a winger?
David Healy: 4 in three seasons

all better than jozy and i bet none of them came close to costing eight million pounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Pissflaps posted:

john steed: 13 premier league goals over three seasons
Daryl Murphy: 4 in three seasons but didnt he play as a winger?
David Healy: 4 in three seasons

all better than jozy and i bet none of them came close to costing eight million pounds

All three have better Prem goals per game than Jozy. Murphy comes closest with a goal every 18 games compared to Jozy's goal every 26.5, so if Jozy scores in his next game we can safely say that he's as good as Daryl Murphy.

• Locked thread