Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Best outcome in every sense is Chrom marrying Avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

But then you get dopey boy Morgan instead of psychotic genius girl Morgan.

Which is not best at all.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

nucleicmaxid posted:

So... Can someone lay out their ~*perfect pairings*~ with some explanation. You guys are tangenting really hard and I'm having trouble deciding who I want to gently caress in my game.

Do whichever you want to. It really doesn't matter outside of maybe Apotheosis since all the kids will be better than their parents.

Though I'd advice against having Avatar marry Donnel if you're min-maxing, as that is kind of the worst option for Morgan. (Bad modifiers and Aptitude is kind of an inferior Veteran.)

chiasaur11 posted:

But then you get dopey boy Morgan instead of psychotic genius girl Morgan.

Which is not best at all.

Speak for yourself. I find that male Morgan doesn't annoy me as much as female Morgan.

Manatee Cannon posted:

The point is "better than most Lucinas" does not equate to good. Plus, Lifetaker and Renewal are really bad compared to Sol or Aether for literally everything but Apotheosis. I'd still use Aether over them for that anyway, though Luna would be better and she doesn't need Maribelle for either. War Priest/Valkyrie have some of the worst outside of the wyvern classes, and making Lucina a Dark Knight is just asking for her to be bad at both magic and strength without even the skill benefit from Dark Flier. Maribelle as her mother leaves her as a bad mage and fighter both with no real good skills but Galeforce to speak of. Galeforce is cool and all but she can do way better.

Lifetaker becomes better than Sol on harder difficulties because Sol has an activation rate. And while Aether is better than Sol, it has an even worse activation rate. It does not make it worse than Sol in my opinion (as Sol is probably the third or second worst of the activation skills in my opinion), but it does make me switch it out for Lifetaker or even Renewal when I want more reliable means of recovery for a child.

Lucina also gets a 2 point increase in Magic over the other mother who can pass it and can still run a skillset that works for Apotheosis in addition to the other things I've outlined. And before you cry "Avatar", I'm excluding Avatar in my discussions because everyone knows that Avatar is always the best choice for everyone with a child due to the ridiculous skill combos you can pull.

Generally though, if I were to classify which Lucina is the best, I'd do it like this (Avatar excluded from the list because of what we all know):

1st Place: Sumia, Olivia
3rd Place: Maribelle
4th Place: Sully
Last Place: Villager

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm still not sure if Olivia or Sumia is better. You get better stats on Olivia, but Pavise is a really nice skill to have on Lucina.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

I'm still not sure if Olivia or Sumia is better. You get better stats on Olivia, but Pavise is a really nice skill to have on Lucina.

There's arguments to be made for both, but the majority agrees that both are at least the best Lucinas you can get that aren't Avatar!Lucina. Olivia!Lucina makes the best physical Lucina of the two, but Sumia!Lucina is more versatile and has access to both Sage and Dark Flier (and Pavise from General for tank builds).

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Folt The Bolt posted:

There's arguments to be made for both, but the majority agrees that both are at least the best Lucinas you can get that aren't Avatar!Lucina. Olivia!Lucina makes the best physical Lucina of the two, but Sumia!Lucina is more versatile and has access to both Sage and Dark Flier (and Pavise from General for tank builds).

Actually she gets dark flier with Olivia too.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

Actually she gets dark flier with Olivia too.

Yeah, but Sage gets her Tomefaire as well since Dark Flier isn't the best physically (so with Olivia!Lucina, you dip into Dark Flier to get Galeforce and then go into another class, but Sumia!Lucina can actually make use of it... or Sage if you prefer).

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
The trade-offs are access to the Cleric and Knight trees from Sumia or access to the Myrmidon tree from Olivia.

One of the other relevant things is that Inigo/Lucina is a really, really good S-rank pairing if you're trying to get 100% Dual Strike activation rates.

My personal opinion is that Chrom/Olivia is best if you're doing Avatar/Lucina (for maximum protagonist gooniness) and that Chrom/Sumia is better if you're marrying a first gen character.

(Writin' words about video game eugenics :toot:)

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Picking Sumia means pega-pony princess, picking Olivia means COME FORTH, LIGHT OF JUSTICE!

If Sully got Galeforce as well, where would she stand now? Because I like the Chrom/Sully pairing but it kinda hurts that pretty much the only thing she gives to Lucina are the Myrmidon line (which Olivia also gives), Wyvern Rider, and mods.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

From a Min-Maxing perspective that's pretty much the worst pairing for Female Avatar since it locks Morgan out of S-Rank with Lucina for that sweet, sweet 100% Dual Strike chance.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

Picking Sumia means pega-pony princess, picking Olivia means COME FORTH, LIGHT OF JUSTICE!

If Sully got Galeforce as well, where would she stand now? Because I like the Chrom/Sully pairing but it kinda hurts that pretty much the only thing she gives to Lucina are the Myrmidon line (which Olivia also gives), Wyvern Rider, and mods.

If she got galeforce she'd be a solid choice, it pretty much always makes for a worthwhile parent.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

ungulateman posted:

The trade-offs are access to the Cleric and Knight trees from Sumia or access to the Myrmidon tree from Olivia.

One of the other relevant things is that Inigo/Lucina is a really, really good S-rank pairing if you're trying to get 100% Dual Strike activation rates.

My personal opinion is that Chrom/Olivia is best if you're doing Avatar/Lucina (for maximum protagonist gooniness) and that Chrom/Sumia is better if you're marrying a first gen character.

And then there's also the fact that Chrom!Inigo is one of the best Inigos you can get because it gives you Cavalier (and thus Great Knight) without reducing key stats (other than Defense I suppose). Inigo has a good class set on his own, and he only really wants Luna (and/or Dual Strike). It's slightly mitigated by the fact that Inigo has other means of getting Luna with, and other builds that make use of other skills.

So you're sacrificing things either way, for pairings that ultimately benefit you greatly either way. It's just a matter of what you're planning for the children.

ApplesandOranges posted:

She'd be much higher on my list, that's for sure. Assuming we switch out Wyvern Rider for Pegasus Knight, Kjelle would get Aether to a list of skills including Galeforce, Luna, Swordfaire, Lancefaire, Pavise, Aegis, and Dual Strike+, as well as Vantage. Lucina would add Myrmidon and Peg. Knight skills to her repertoire which is the reason you'd marry Olivia in the first place. The only thing separating Sully and Olivia would be stat mods and the child you'd get.

EDIT:

WrightOfWay posted:

From a Min-Maxing perspective that's pretty much the worst pairing for Female Avatar since it locks Morgan out of S-Rank with Lucina for that sweet, sweet 100% Dual Strike chance.

How much do you need for a 100% Dual Strike chance by the way?

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 23, 2014

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Folt The Bolt posted:

How much do you need for a 100% Dual Strike chance by the way?

With an S rank and Dual Strike +, a combined 120 Skill. Almost every class combination can achieve that with Rallies since Heart and Spectrum are +12 on their own but with a high skill class like Sniper and a few skill slots for All Stats +2 and Skill +2 it's doable without Rallies. Without Dual Strike + it's impossible since you need a combined 160 Skill.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

EDIT: Nevermind. Upon further thinking, I'm gonna guess that any temporary bonus like pair-up bonuses and other stuff will work. If so, pairing the Morgan I have now with Lucina will make me able to achieve this with rallies (or maybe Mjölnir; I gotta check it first).

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Mar 23, 2014

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Actually, you guys caught me at a good time, so I'm gonna make a BREEDING PROGRAM MEGAPOST for all the people who want more advice than 'marry who you like'. :spergin:

Ground rules:

- This stuff is completely unnecessary except for Apotheosis.
- Everyone wants Galeforce. Other gender-specific skills are barely relevant excluding Axefaire, so I won't talk about them much.
- Everyone wants Limit Breaker, and Aggressor if they're male.
- Everyone wants some sort of damage-boosting skill. Luna's the best, followed by Astra. Aether and Ignis are both slightly better than Luna, generally.
- I'm assuming you want to min-max everyone rather than any specific character - go to Serenes Forest if you want to beat Apotheosis with three characters using Maribelle!Lucina!Morgan or whatever.

Terminology:

Mods: Stat modifiers of an individual character. Two characters of the same class will have different maximum stats depending on these.
Character A!Character B: Character B as the child of Character A. For example, Maribelle!Lucina!Morgan is a Morgan whose mother is Lucina, and Lucina's mother was Maribelle.

To be full-on :spergin: efficient, you have to play a male Avatar. A female Avatar means only having one overpowered-as-hell child rather than two, unless you're marrying Chrom - but Chrom/Avatar means using two of your best characters on the same two children, rather than giving four kids great options. Female Avatar can also marry a second-generation character but having two god-children is still better.

There are three mothers with female children who don't have the Pegasus Knight class - Tharja, Nowi, and Sully. There are two fathers who pass down Pegasus Knight to female children, rather than their male-exclusive classes - Donnel and Gaius. The most efficient choice of marriage, then, is one of those three mothers, with your Asset and Flaw chosen to match.

Marrying Sully is the least min-maxed of the three, since Kjelle has access to 4 classes regardless of her father already - you're somewhat wasting the Avatar's access to every class on her. If you do want to marry her, go +Speed -Defence, so that Morgan and Kjelle are both blazingly fast little buggers with great class selections.

Marrying Nowi will get you on an FBI watchlist, but also produces a pair of Manakete children. Galeforce is kinda meh on Manaketes anyway since you're generally using them to tank, though. Nowi's stat mods are good but she will tank your kids' Speed, so it's best to do something like +Defence -Speed in order to play to their strengths.

Marrying Tharja is the most effective since she has crazy Magic and Speed mods but her default class choices are pretty awful - Dark Mage, Knight and Archer. An Avatar here wants to go +Magic -Defence so that Noire and Morgan are absolute magical shitwreckers.

Of the other two, I tend to go Gaius/Sully, since Gaius' Speed mod is wasted on Nowi, and Donnel/Nowi, since Donnel's mediocre mods balance out with the Dragonstone's bonuses.

Chrom's waifu

If we're talking proper efficiency your only choices are between Olivia and Sumia. Sully doesn't give her kids Galeforce, female Avatar has already been discussed, and Maribelle is poo poo unsuited to Chrom if we're not trying to produce some sort of Morgan Voltron.

Olivia gives Lucina better physical mods and access to the Myrmidon tree for Vantage and Swordfaire. Chrom gives Inigo access to Rightful King and the Cavalier tree. Sumia gives Lucina access to the Knight and Cleric trees, so she gets Pavise and Renewal. Chrom gives Cynthia access to Aether and the Cavalier tree.

Overall, Olivia is a slightly better choice, but it's close enough that I can't really argue it either way.

Everyone else

This is going to be a list, in chronological order, of the female characters and who their 'best' marriage candidates are, excluding ones mentioned above. This is relatively flexible, since at best you'll still have three male characters unmarried.

Lissa: Henry or Ricken. Henry gives access to Dark Mage, but cripples Owain's Speed. Ricken provides Luna and crazy Magic but his other class choices are awful.

Miriel: Ricken or Gregor. Ricken!Laurent has the highest non-Avatar related Magic stat in the game, while Gregor gives him Armsthrift, which is helpful on a Valflame-toting staffbot.

Sumia: If not Chrom, Henry. Henry sorta tanks Cynthia's Speed, but she's still a phenomenal Dark Flier / Sorcerer and the class options are amazing.

Maribelle: Libra or Ricken. Libra gives Dark Magic. Ricken gives Luna. Take your pick.

Panne: Stahl or Frederick. Stahl provides amazing class choices and good mods, but he's better used elsewhere. Frederick is kind of a poor man's Stahl, but when your child can't get Galeforce, sacrifices have to be made.

Cordelia: Stahl or Lon'qu. Stahl gives Cordelia literally everything Severa would want - Vantage, Luna, Swordfaire and great physical mods. Lon'qu doesn't provide Luna but offers great Speed and still has Vantage and Swordfaire to offer.

Olivia: If not Chrom, Lon'qu. Inigo gets almost everything he wants from Olivia anyway, so maximising Speed is a good idea. Gregor is also viable but his mods just aren't as good.

Cherche: Vaike. Vaike!Gerome has an absolutely terrifying Strength mod, and since he can never get Galeforce, his other stats are nearly irrelevant. Gerome gets most of the skills he needs from his mother anyway.

----

Of course, there's further depths to be plunged than this, but I've already put far too much effort into posting about video game incest. :v: Hope this helps!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Chrom should also be able to get 100% Dual Strike with any of his S ranks. Maribelle has the worst Skill of the lot but otherwise they're all equally viable. On a point by point basis I think Maribelle/Sumia are the best? Simply because of their max stats as a Sage/General for maximum damage.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Folt The Bolt posted:

EDIT: Nevermind. Upon further thinking, I'm gonna guess that any temporary bonus like pair-up bonuses and other stuff will work. If so, pairing the Morgan I have now with Lucina will make me able to achieve this with rallies (or maybe Mjölnir; I gotta check it first).

I'm pretty sure it counts all temporary bonuses like skills, rallies, weapons and tonics except for pair up bonuses. It's kind of weird.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

WrightOfWay posted:

I'm pretty sure it counts all temporary bonuses like skills, rallies, weapons and tonics except for pair up bonuses. It's kind of weird.

Alright. Even if I miss out, the Dual Strike rate will be stupidly high, and I'll be able to get to 100% anyways with skills.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Chrom should also be able to get 100% Dual Strike with any of his S ranks. Maribelle has the worst Skill of the lot but otherwise they're all equally viable. On a point by point basis I think Maribelle/Sumia are the best? Simply because of their max stats as a Sage/General for maximum damage.

Chrom has Archer (high Skill class) so yes, he should be able to get to 100% with any of his S ranks. I'd go with either Sumia, non-Dancer Olivia, or Maribelle for this, unless you're not planning for Lucina to marry Morgan, in which case go with F!Avatar to your hearts content.

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Mar 23, 2014

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

ungulateman posted:

Eugenics stuff

A lot of those pairings are more or less what I'd recommend, but tossing in a few comments and alternate pairings of my own:

Ricken/Maribelle is a bad idea, actually. Brady already has the Cav and Mage trees innately, so all Ricken gives him is Sniper and a Mag mod. There's no reason to ever pair them unless you've somehow used all the other magic dads elsewhere. Henry is also a good dad, probably better than Libra, but Sumia's limited support list means she gets first dibs, so Libra's pretty much the best choice unless you're running Chrom/Sumia.

Kellam also makes a pretty solid Laurent. Gets him Luna if you want to stick him in front for some reason, and Dual Guard+ to support his wife. And doesn't hurt his Mag mod like Gregor.

Vaike makes a really good dad for Severa too. Loses Vantage and Swordfaire, but gets Axefaire, provides Luna, and gives her slightly more raw offensive power than Stahl. I'd use him there before giving him to Cherche and toss her Gregor, myself. Gregor!Gerome only has 1 less Str, still gets Axefaire, and scores Armsthrift and Astra.

Stahl!Inigo is also quite viable if you're not using him for Severa or Yarne. Basically gives you Chrom!Inigo with slightly tweaked mods. Loses Rightful King, but who runs that in final builds anyway?

Also, for the Galeforce inheritance daughters, while the mods might match up better the other way around, Gaius!Nah gets an actual offensive proc in Astra, and Nah's basically a waste of Donnel's Armsthrift because Dragonstone+s are freely buyable and can't be forged. Meanwhile, Donnel!Kjelle gets pretty meh mods everywhere but luck, but has the largest selection of class options for anyone not related to the Avatar, and can be viable in most of them.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Optimization's cool, but what about worst eugenics? :v:

Just off the top of my head...

Chrom/Sully (affects both Lucina and Kjelle)
Lissa/Gregor
Miriel/Vaike
Sumia/Frederick
Maribelle/Virion
Cordelia/Donnel
Panne/Henry
Cherche/Ricken
Olivia/Kellam
Tharja/Stahl
Nowi/Lon'qu

I might be completely off on some of this. And it's hard to make Brady/Inigo/Severa really bad, anyway.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Optimization's cool, but what about worst eugenics? :v:

Just off the top of my head...

Chrom/Sully (affects both Lucina and Kjelle)
Lissa/Gregor
Miriel/Vaike
Sumia/Frederick
Maribelle/Virion
Cordelia/Donnel
Panne/Henry
Cherche/Ricken
Olivia/Kellam
Tharja/Stahl
Nowi/Lon'qu

I might be completely off on some of this. And it's hard to make Brady/Inigo/Severa really bad, anyway.

Well, for worst eugenics, I'd say these are the worst options for any child:

Chrom/Villager (Face it, even Sully!Lucina has distinct advantages over a Lucina who only gets Chrom's class set and nothing else)
Lissa/Donnel (You're not only wasting a male who can pass down Galeforce to a daughter, but Gregor is literally better if you want Owain to have Armsthrift)
Sully/Virion or Frederick (Virion gives nothing but Archer, while Frederick literally gives nothing except mods, though they are at least physical mods)
Miriel/Donnel (Gregor does everything that Donnel does better, and giving her Donnel means wasting a male who can pass down Galeforce to a Galeforce-less daughter)
Sumia/Gaius (You're not only wasting one of the few males who can pass down Galeforce to a daugther, but Chrom gives Cynthia all the Skill and Speed she ever needs, while Henry gives her an amazing class set. Frederick meanwhile lets her be a fine Falcoknight and has Pavise as well.)
Maribelle/Donnel (Brady has better options if you want to give him Armsthrift or, heaven forbid, a physical bent, and you're wasting a male who can pass down Galeforce to a Galeforce-less daughter)
Panne/Henry (Very very incompatible. I'd put Panne/Donnel, but Donnel does have a slight physical bent and Armsthrift, even if you're wasting a male who could potentially give the Peg. Knight line to a Peg. Knight-less daughter)
Cordelia/Donnel (Severa can already get Galeforce, and if you absolutely must have Troubadour skills, then Gregor or even Henry are better options)
Nowi/Virion (Gives literally nothing except for Archer and slightly better speed than most people not named Lon'qu)
Olivia/Donnel (Gives Inigo nothing but Fighter (and only Fighter) and Villager and wastes a male who can benefit a Galeforce-less daughter.)
Cherche/Donnel (Read Miriel/Donnel.)
Avatar/Donnel (Literally the worst pairing for an Avatar: bad modifiers, skills that are outclassed by other skills in the Avatar's big, big repertoire, F!Avatar takes away a possible other girl with Galeforce just for excisting rather than by choice, and taking Donnel as a husband takes away another, by choice this time)

Now, if you're asking me what the worst optimization is, I have no idea, except that you should start with nothing except Chrom/Villager and Avatar/Donnel and build on from there.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Look what I found! :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erl3xpL3w5w

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Woah, lots of good info since I last checked. Thanks for the effort guys.

...say how does that Marribelle!Lucina!Morgan thing work for singlehandedly making GBS threads all over Apotheosis? I'd like to smurf my way through Apotheosis with an absolute minimum of grinding.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 23, 2014

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

Woah, lots of good info since I last checked. Thanks for the effort guys.

...say how does that Marribelle!Lucina!Morgan thing work for singlehandedly making GBS threads all over Apotheosis? I'd like to smurf my way through Apotheosis with an absolute minimum of grinding.

It's something along the lines of getting Sorcerer Morgan paired up with a pure support Lucina (Dual Strike+, Dual Guard+, etc.) with the highest possible Magic value, hence Maribelle. Armsthrift with a forged Aversa's Night lets you tank the entire game at once.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

This is wonderful.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Can anyone suggest useful ways to use Virion in an early/mid-game Hard playthrough? He always falls through the cracks in my games.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Clean-up, softening, class changing him to wyvern so that he has an enemy phase.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

SC Bracer posted:

Clean-up, softening, class changing him to wyvern so that he has an enemy phase.

Mages just seem so much more useful at these roles.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

o muerte posted:

This is entirely true other than changing him into a wyvern.

(Archers are not very good in FE :ssh:)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

The Shortest Path posted:

It's something along the lines of getting Sorcerer Morgan paired up with a pure support Lucina (Dual Strike+, Dual Guard+, etc.) with the highest possible Magic value, hence Maribelle. Armsthrift with a forged Aversa's Night lets you tank the entire game at once.

There's a second way.

Kellam!Nah!Morgan

Your avatar takes +def, you end up with a Manakete that is literally unkillable. It just sits in the middle of enemy armies and shits on them from a great height.

These ones are more theoretical.

Vaike!Gerome!Morgan with a +str avatar that basically turns him into a god who oneshots enemies with a huge axe.

I think there's probably potential in a Ricken!Laurent!Morgan using +Magic to become a doom sorcerer with forged Aversa's Nights.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I decided to grind up my Lon'Qu Laurent a bit. He had super low magic, so I put him in Dark Mage where he had capped everything except mgc, str and res. Well, I got him 11 levels, and he got 2 STR and 2 MAG out of it. That's all. I have never seen so many empty levels in my life! It was heartbreaking. If you wanted me to not use you, you could have just said so!

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

o muerte posted:

I can usually get decent use out of him in the first, say 4-6 maps? Then he usually just becomes someone's Pair Up until the roster fleshes out a bit. If Archers got Discipline or he started with like C rank in Bows and they tossed you something nice early on he could probably be worth keeping around longer.

Or if future games are more like Awakening I wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 become the new default Bow range.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Misandu posted:

Or if future games are more like Awakening I wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 become the new default Bow range.

Yeah, bows in general seem really lackluster in Awakening. I wish console games had the kind of modability that PC games do - I'd love to do a playthrough with all bows set to 2-3 range. Heh, maybe in about 6 years when there's an emulator and rudimentary rule patching support for the rom like there is for the original FF:Tactics.

Niel
Mar 5, 2013

The Shortest Path posted:

I think the setup you're talking about is here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66829445

The idea with that is to pair Sage Ricken!Laurent!Morgan with Sage Maribelle!Lucina since it results in a pair that can reach 100% Dual Strike without DLC. With both of them wielding max-forged Celica's Gales, and with Morgan that has Vantage, Vengeance, and 1 HP, in either enemy or player phase the two of them can take out most enemies in their first six strikes, particularly since Morgan gets a flat ~+40 to each of his attacks from a full-powered Vengeance (a bit more coming from using an HP-tonic).

It's not entirely a solo--Ricken!Laurent's brought in to help with hit-rates with Anathema/Hex, Olivia's there because Dancer utility, and some of the later enemies have a bit too much bulk and need to be softened before Morgan can take them out, so Sniper Chrom paired with Valkyrie Maribelle is brought in to cheese them at 3-range--but otherwise the rest of the characters used are generic spotpass rescue/rallybots.

(The keyword there is, of course, without-DLC; Limit Breaker and Aggressor get rid of the necessity of a lot of the setup. I'm pretty sure someone's beaten Apotheosis entirely with Limit-broken Gen I characters, so...)

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

If I remember correctly, in a limit broken Gen 1 Apotheosis run, you want Sumia to be one of the units you take in, simply because of her speed coupled with her class set. (At the very least, she's probably one of the best Gen 1 characters to take with you.)

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

o muerte posted:

Yeah, bows in general seem really lackluster in Awakening. I wish console games had the kind of modability that PC games do - I'd love to do a playthrough with all bows set to 2-3 range. Heh, maybe in about 6 years when there's an emulator and rudimentary rule patching support for the rom like there is for the original FF:Tactics.

Awakening doesn't, but you can mod the poo poo outta the GBA games very, very easily.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Quick question about getting Chrom to marry Olivia: do I have to actually keep Chrom away from other marriage candidates in all fights up to ch11, or do I just have to not have the support conversation that unlocks support level C? If it's the latter I'll totally do it, if it's the former, ugh.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

o muerte posted:

Quick question about getting Chrom to marry Olivia: do I have to actually keep Chrom away from other marriage candidates in all fights up to ch11, or do I just have to not have the support conversation that unlocks support level C? If it's the latter I'll totally do it, if it's the former, ugh.

The former. Have fun. :allears:

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

alcharagia posted:

The former. Have fun. :allears:

Sigh. Looks like it's time for an ch1-11 sausage party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

o muerte posted:

Well, it's also fine if Chrom has support points with the women he can marry if they're paired off or dead before Chapter 11.

• Locked thread