Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Spudd posted:

I am both sorry for starting this conversation about When Cheese Fails and thankful that people are posting links to some of the episodes, I forgot how much I enjoyed them.

Well, we've now covered all of the good episodes...

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Synastren posted:

Well, we've now covered all of the good episodes...

:v:

Here's the most hilarious episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-3ZrXOrz_0

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

That's funny, but for me, this is much more hilarious.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Here is one why banelings are awesome, and why you have to pay attention when playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edjYur21T1c

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

CommissarMega posted:

That's funny, but for me, this is much more hilarious.

:vince:Oh my god:vince:

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
I admit I've started watching those from season one, I'm up to season four so far. Not one has failed to disappoint.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

These are all great. Especially loving the planetary fortress one.

Raldan
Oct 21, 2010

HH Challenge Caster
(Pls no bm)
Voting Closed!

Very clear victories this time for Hellstorm Batteries, Perdition Turrets and Welcome to the Jungle.

Finally looking to get some Protoss research.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Raldan posted:

Voting Closed!
Finally looking to get some Protoss research.

Good, good. Protoss research is much more useful than Zerg

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Rabidredneck posted:

I admit I've started watching those from season one, I'm up to season four so far. Not one has failed to disappoint.

I started (and stopped) watching season 3. Those guys turn into PewDiePie. :(

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

my dad posted:

I started (and stopped) watching season 3. Those guys turn into PewDiePie. :(

Yeah, they are OK when they talk about Starcraft and the games they are currently watching, but I don't think we should really know that one of them had explosive diarrhea after McDonalds. Seriously, he took five minutes talking about that poo poo instead of commenting on the game.

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!

Disco Infiva posted:

Yeah, they are OK when they talk about Starcraft and the games they are currently watching, but I don't think we should really know that one of them had explosive diarrhea after McDonalds. Seriously, he took five minutes talking about that poo poo instead of commenting on the game.

I don't think we should really know that one of them had explosive diarrhea after McDonalds. Seriously, he took five minutes talking about that poo poo instead of commenting on the game

one of them had explosive diarrhea after McDonalds. Seriously, he took five minutes talking about that poo poo

diarrhea
talking about that poo poo

Heheh, puns. Did you do that on purpose?

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby
Yeah I remember watching their first couple seasons when those were new, and it was brilliant. Went ahead and checked out season 10 after seeing them pop up in this thread, and let's just say it was disappointing as best and downright intolerable at worst. Their commentary has really taken a dive since they spend the first half of each video doing a bunch of really bad in-jokes and sophomoric banter.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

gregory posted:

Heheh, puns. Did you do that on purpose?

Puns are the lowest form of humor and should be punishable by death The answer is yes

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

The Casualty posted:

Yeah I remember watching their first couple seasons when those were new, and it was brilliant. Went ahead and checked out season 10 after seeing them pop up in this thread, and let's just say it was disappointing as best and downright intolerable at worst. Their commentary has really taken a dive since they spend the first half of each video doing a bunch of really bad in-jokes and sophomoric banter.

I really wasn't kidding when I said that we had already discussed all of the episodes worth watching. :v:

Maximus Black is notorious and relatively unliked in the SC2 community. While I guess you could call him "divisive," I think it's more that his fans are relatively outspoken. Sorta like avilo's fans. Or IdrA's fans. Or NaNiwa's fans.

Ugh. Let's get back to the LP soon, eh Raldan? This is making me feel bad.

:negative:

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

They did have an episode of When Cheese fails that featured Crota (the shoutcaster) getting cheesed and then proceeding to stomp all over the cheeser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnoE7MmsrW0

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
I've been going through NovaWar says and they're pretty good so far, its just them screwing around with stupid builds in 2v2s. Its pretty amazing when some of the dumber builds win.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I cannot get over how much they sound like two of the guys from Whitest Kids U Know. But Canadian. And one of them's black.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I cannot get over how much they sound like two of the guys from Whitest Kids U Know. But Canadian. And one of them's black.

And even less funny. :v:

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

And they hate Hellraiser. Pretty sure the guys from WKUK at least have no concrete opinion on the Hellraiser movies.

Basically, they're the worst Canadians, is what I'm saying.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I wouldn't call them the worst. After all, they're not from Quebec :v:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
There's also the episode where a cannon rush fails, the cheeser spells out F U in pylons, and the Terran decides to draw out the death as long as possible by killing him using only planetary fortresses and nukes

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Disco Infiva posted:

...I actually liked that story. "Worst segue ever." had me giggling madly- I think I'm a broken person. But yeah, after that it seems to be going downhill, and not just because whenever I see a Protoss come along I automatically think CANNON RUSH WOO.

Kurieg posted:

There's also the episode where a cannon rush fails, the cheeser spells out F U in pylons, and the Terran decides to draw out the death as long as possible by killing him using only planetary fortresses and nukes

Oh God that was beautiful.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Mar 28, 2014

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

CommissarMega posted:

...I actually liked that story. "Worst segue ever." had me giggling madly- I think I'm a broken person. But yeah, after that it seems to be going downhill, and not just because whenever I see a Protoss come along I automatically think CANNON RUSH WOO.

As far as that goes particularly, so do they, that's why they don't bother talking about the game unless something unusual starts happening. There's probably just not enough new and interesting stuff around any more to make a whole season out of.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

It's pretty obvious in the cold cast marathons that they get a LOT of the same styles and types of cheese going on

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kurieg posted:

The last minute of that video is downright glorious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fCs67uMMiM&t=933s

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

SirSamVimes posted:

The last minute of that video is downright glorious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fCs67uMMiM&t=933s

Too bad that so much of the rest of the commentary is terrible. Respect to... uh... BakaNeko for coming back and winning that game in such an amusing way, but will "e-Sports" commentators ever learn that rape jokes really aren't funny?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I hope so. We all hope so.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

David Corbett posted:

Too bad that so much of the rest of the commentary is terrible. Respect to... uh... BakaNeko for coming back and winning that game in such an amusing way, but will "e-Sports" commentators ever learn that rape jokes really aren't funny?

That's like asking if people will ever stop paying attention to PewDiePie.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Anyway, this is objectively the best Starcraft video :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG1U25luMOA

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

GodFish posted:

I will forever love e-sports for giving the world really cool intros... then cutting to a room of nerds in cheap plastic lawn chairs.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

TwoPair posted:

I will forever love e-sports for giving the world really cool intros... then cutting to a room of nerds in cheap plastic lawn chairs.

That isn't the best part, but it is a really good part.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby
Dat Dragoon micro

Those commentators flipping the gently caress out was hilarious.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
That was more exciting than any game of SCII.

GKirby
Jun 19, 2008

I DID IT ALL FOR THE GAMBIT
I can't find the video, but I remember seeing a replay of a Starcraft I match where there was a very early worker rush. It came down to one SCV vs one Probe, and the Terran player managed to use his Command Center to trap his SCV between the building and some minerals, out of range of the probe, to collect enough to build a marine.

It was a fantastic watch.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

GodFish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG1U25luMOA

Ha, I saw that yesterday - but with english commentators:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzPiDOh9430

GKirby posted:

I can't find the video, but I remember seeing a replay of a Starcraft I match where there was a very early worker rush. It came down to one SCV vs one Probe, and the Terran player managed to use his Command Center to trap his SCV between the building and some minerals, out of range of the probe, to collect enough to build a marine.

It was a fantastic watch.

Was it this one: Pimpest Plays 2002 #7 - Boxer's rax wall?

EDIT: Wait, no, you said "worker rush".

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Mar 29, 2014

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Ha, I saw that yesterday - but with english commentators:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzPiDOh9430

Cholera is a great commentator (He's guest commentating in the linked game) and I highly recommend checking out his videos, particularly the 'pimpest plays' ones.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
That dragoon game is utterly insane

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan
Since when cheese fails seems to be a theme... This is one of my favorite bw games from one of my favorite zerg players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6AiSWbBaPE

Longinus00 fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Longinus00 posted:

This is one of my favorite bw game from one of my favorite zerg players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6AiSWbBaPE

All the snickers logos at the start are killing me. Especially the ones on the monitors. :allears:
Good match too.

• Locked thread