Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
My team got beat :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008
The skinny fries in gourmet burger kitchen give me the same vibes that seedpod photoshops do

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Cum Galleon posted:

Plus the route to get into one of these palaces usually involves dealing with some of the scummiest letting agencies I've ever dealt with. My current favourite was the agency who told me a parking space would be £100/month on top of the £550 a month rent. I went to view the place and discovered the 'parking' wasn't a driveway or anything, it was just parking on the street (in a non-permit area), so anybody could park there. No, Mr agent, I'm not going to pay you money for absolutely gently caress all. For extra lols it was in cemetery junction.

Not Atlantis Properties, was it? Always found them pretty rapacious. Mind, I couldn't name a single trustworthy lettings agency in Reading (a contradiction in terms, perhaps?), so I suppose it could have been any of them.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Pedricko posted:

The skinny fries in gourmet burger kitchen give me the same vibes that seedpod photoshops do

What, these?

They ARE a bit wriggly and worm-like, I suppose.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M_TBnT3FJA

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008
Prince Charles came and got a load of sausages off me yesterday. I'm taller than him, which made me very happy.

Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen is about 12 feet tall though

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Which German sausagemuncher joke did you make?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Pedricko posted:

Prince Charles came and got a load of sausages off me yesterday. I'm taller than him, which made me very happy.

Does this mean you can stick that "By appointment to HRH Chaz" badge on your meat and sell it for more money to the Daily Mail/Express crowd?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Surely he gets all the sausages he needs free from Duchy Originals?

Bertram
Oct 25, 2010

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
Do the English have a hard time differentiating Irish and American accents? People keep thinking I'm Irish and that baffles me.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Cymbal Monkey posted:

Do the English have a hard time differentiating Irish and American accents? People keep thinking I'm Irish and that baffles me.

I'm from Glasgow and sometimes Irish accents sound American. I've experienced this twice, once from a Dubliner and once with a girl from Donegal, so yeah it may well be a thing.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Bit wet out today fellas

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Fraction posted:

Bit wet out today fellas

Miraculously, not in Manchester. loving sun's out, blinding me, the oval office.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Headed out for a 6 mile run. Raining hard over Goxhill. Stayed home instead.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Gay weddings start this weekend. COINCIDENCE???

e: Rain on a run is the best, keeps you cool

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Jakabite posted:

Miraculously, not in Manchester. loving sun's out, blinding me, the oval office.

get back in Cornerhouse, you scum.

It's not even 10:15 and I'm itching for a pint. Cameron's Britain.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

Cymbal Monkey posted:

If it helps I worked with an American who sounded very Irish. He came from Boston, was called Seamus Patrick Murphy O'Flaherty and dressed entirely in green.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I finally got a job!

In Slough.

The tour of terrible townships continues.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
First week at new job and twice now my phone hasn't gone off, go into the alarm settings and it's turned itself off on both the days I was late. Worse still my new boss is chilled about it, mother fucker should be as pissed off as I am. Android problems

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
sloppy work babby sathanas

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

britishbornandbread posted:

get back in Cornerhouse, you scum.

Brb 12 hour Lars Von Trier marathon

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Jakabite posted:

Either you're a lying bitch or I've brought bad weather with me. It's pissing down as I'm getting in to Manc now :saddowns:

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Nice mild day here... :smug:

in the shithole that is The Midlands :saddowns:

Two Piece
Jul 30, 2011

~*wonk*~
Pretty grey and terrible here in South Tyneside.

The weather isn't great either.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Vitamins posted:

Nice mild day here... :smug:

in the shithole that is The Midlands :saddowns:

I moved dahn sarf ten years ago. Never had cause to regret it.
(except for the cost of loving housing)

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Fraction posted:

Either you're a lying bitch or I've brought bad weather with me. It's pissing down as I'm getting in to Manc now :saddowns:

Not lying, bit of a bitch. Nothing to wake a guy up like the blinding sun hitting bloodshot eyes, and a maths lecturer that literally shouts his entire lecture. What are you cherubs up too this evening?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i'm having an early night!! because i have to be in work tomorrow at 8am!! it owns!!! owns!!!!

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Sun all the way through the day here in Liverpool, and it still somehow rained at like 4 oclock.

TF2 keeps putting me into Gravel Pit games. This is the worst thing.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
Any loving nerds heading off down to Birmingham (the worst city in the world) for Rezzed this weekend? I'm doing it tomorrow

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Babby Sathanas posted:

Any loving nerds heading off down to Birmingham (the worst city in the world) for Rezzed this weekend? I'm doing it tomorrow

Might have done if I'd heard of it before your post.

Also might go to Insomnia at the Ricoh next month

freelop fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 28, 2014

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Pedricko posted:

Wait dude did he actually come in person? I thought you said he wouldn't be

Something Witty
Jan 24, 2009
Fun Shoe

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Sun all the way through the day here in Liverpool, and it still somehow rained at like 4 oclock.

TF2 keeps putting me into Gravel Pit games. This is the worst thing.

And some dick crashed in the Jerkenbed tunnel at rush hour, took me an hour to get home </wooleybackproblems>

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Babby Sathanas posted:

Hey gently caress you buddy birmingham is awesome

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Babby Sathanas posted:

What is that a gig or something?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Ponce de Le0n posted:

What is that a gig or something?

assume the worst

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

hemale in pain posted:

assume the worst

oh its video games, never mind.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

London trip report:

Dark; full of terrors

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
If you're a fat gently caress you should probably start planning your pilgrimage to the new hotdog place that just opened at Kings Cross, it's kind of expensive but actually pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I decided to go out drinking with some new friends only to find out that they don't have the capacity of my old friends. I ended up shepherding them home when I should have been arguing with a Chinese street good vendor that his lovely noodles were not worth more than a pound.

• Locked thread