Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
The SCAR-H is really good and has a lot of subtle advantages and disadvantages. High bullet damage combined with the buggy hit direction indicators makes it hard for people to tell where they're being shot from. Its horizontal recoil is very low, it mostly recoils straight up. Its FSRM is low and is close to 1 with an angled/folding grip, which makes it really consistent. It takes 2 fewer shots to kill after 40m. Both of its reload speeds are very fast. It also has very slow bullets and sucks horribly with a silencer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frunksock
Feb 21, 2002

Duck_King posted:

Hahah I love the UCAV rage when Pico and I got him back to back. You can actually see the warhead just before impact when Pico got him.
:hf: A few minutes later he starts theorizing again about what it could have been and he actually says something like 'or maybe two guys coordinating UCAVs' (which of course is exactly what it was) but then he settles on hacking as being more likely. You'd think he'd never been UCAVed before except the exact same thing happened a couple of weeks ago when I was UCAVing him and they decided I was hacking.

I also wish I was half as good at choppa as him, with or without repairpals.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

codo27 posted:

I got a Logitech G13 a while back, and I have the thumb stick set up for jump/crouch and map/spot. But I also have one of those adapters that lets you plug in a PS1/2 controller and the game defaults to the analog stick on that so I have to unplug that before running the game. I did the thing in the game controller menu in control panel where you tell it to default to whichever, but the game still goes with the old dual shock. Any way around this without having to unplug it every time?

Also, love how the game runs in a window every time, even though in settings it says borderless. Have to go in and change it to something different, apply, and re-apply borderless setting every time I run the game. Anyone else had this or know of a workaround?

You can go into the device manager and disable the G13 joystick, it doesn't affect keyboard commands tied to the stick. It sometimes seems to enable it back though.

I'm using BF4 Borderless for bordeless mode, and it works a lot better than the stock one.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

frunksock posted:

:hf: A few minutes later he starts theorizing again about what it could have been and he actually says something like 'or maybe two guys coordinating UCAVs' (which of course is exactly what it was) but then he settles on hacking as being more likely. You'd think he'd never been UCAVed before except the exact same thing happened a couple of weeks ago when I was UCAVing him and they decided I was hacking.

What's funny to me is when he takes a fan question: What are the MAA changes coming in the patch?
He answers "Well, the main gun is getting a nerf and the broken active radar missiles are going to be slightly less broken".

:ironicat: When you spend literally all your gametime flying a scout chopper with two repair engineers on Dawnbreaker (or Flood Zone), you aren't allowed to call anything else in the game "broken". Makes me wonder, if they patched the littlebird to reduce the on-board repair rate by 75% or nerfed cannon damage to infantry and stream spergs are unable to go 70-2 on Dawnbreaker, would people still watch/donate to the stream?
That's not a place I want to be, where a balance patch from :dice: could kill my only source of income.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

frunksock posted:

I see so few people using UCAV's that I'm not too surprised when I encounter people who have never been blown up by one before. Just yesterday was the first time in my entire time playing the game since the UCAV was nerfed that I was killed by one.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 30, 2014

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:
Found out what the problem(s) is. There's a Page Fault memory leak affecting 90% of AMD users (more win8 than win7, but still). Sadly, the fix only kind of works on 8, not 7. (I don't have an NDU thing in the registry :( )

So ... DICE is saying it's an AMD driver issue related to Mantle. AMD is saying DICE can't code for poo poo, and both are waiting for the other to fix it. I think I'm about done. :derp:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

They would make AMD the hardware partner for this.

So I really have to install third party software to make borderless work right? And yeah, I hadn't thought of just making the joystick directions bind to keystrokes. Makes too much sense

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Isn't double XP supposed to be active? Why the gently caress am I not getting it? Premium my rear end.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Gonkish posted:

Isn't double XP supposed to be active? Why the gently caress am I not getting it? Premium my rear end.

The item server is messed up just wait a bit. It was showing me having all my weapons locked for about a hour. Then poof I got it all back. :dice:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Widgitybear has 37,000 Little Bird kills. :psyduck: I can't imagine using anything in the game that much, especially combined with playing on TWO maps total. For probably close to 500 hours of his 620 played, if I'm being generous.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Catpants McStabby posted:

Found out what the problem(s) is. There's a Page Fault memory leak affecting 90% of AMD users (more win8 than win7, but still). Sadly, the fix only kind of works on 8, not 7. (I don't have an NDU thing in the registry :( )

So ... DICE is saying it's an AMD driver issue related to Mantle. AMD is saying DICE can't code for poo poo, and both are waiting for the other to fix it. I think I'm about done. :derp:
If it's Mantle related can't you just not use Mantle?

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
According to my calculations the SAR-21 should be the ultimate weapon, I've played with it before but I leaned more towards the AUG3 during ingame moments with both guns.
I'll present a list of ultimate weapons for every weapon class because I'm a tryhard scientist.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Recon:

Saiga 12k or Carbine of your choice. If you're using a sniper, 90% of the time you're a waste of a spot on your team.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Double XP weekends seem to be the only time I ever get to unlock a bunch of weapons at once (re: unlock poo poo I never use like DMRs and shotties), and I am in love with the Saiga :swoon:

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER

Spuckuk posted:

Recon:

Saiga 12k or Carbine of your choice. If you're using a sniper, 90% of the time you're a waste of a spot on your team.

I think the m1014 is probably the best of the semi-autos, it seems to be the most stable, fires the second fastest and has a quick enough reload and a large enough capacity. The saiga is probably my second favorite, and I can't really recommend the other two at all. The QBS has far more noticeable visual recoil and such a minuscule magazine. I feel like I'm reloading constantly with it. I can't recommend it. The DBV is another one that it feels like it jumps like a motherfucker. I have no idea about the dao, as I don't have SA. If you like the Saiga you will love the m1014.

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal
Just out of curiosity, does anybody in this thread use Mantle exclusively? I've found that DirectX 11 is the better choice, because Mantle stutters. I run everything at HIGH on a 7850 with v-sync on at 60fps with rare drops below 60fps.

Also, I can't seem to stop using the SCAR-H. It's basically the only AR that I ever use. I'd like to use something else, but nothing else feels right to me.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

n0n0 posted:

Just out of curiosity, does anybody in this thread use Mantle exclusively? I've found that DirectX 11 is the better choice, because Mantle stutters. I run everything at HIGH on a 7850 with v-sync on at 60fps with rare drops below 60fps.

Also, I can't seem to stop using the SCAR-H. It's basically the only AR that I ever use. I'd like to use something else, but nothing else feels right to me.

AK-12 potato/stubby grip + ACOG + choice in barrel/attachment (I prefer silencer and green laser). Make sure you actually control your fire for long range. You can effectively out snipe your average snipers at mid/long range and hip fire at point blank is extremely effective.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Samuel posted:

According to my calculations the SAR-21 should be the ultimate weapon, I've played with it before but I leaned more towards the AUG3 during ingame moments with both guns.
I'll present a list of ultimate weapons for every weapon class because I'm a tryhard scientist.
The only low-ROF AR that's top tier is the SCAR-H.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Cardboard Box A posted:

If it's Mantle related can't you just not use Mantle?

It's not Mantle related many have been having this since launch, I started getting it at China Rising for whatever reason.

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal
Some people take this game so drat seriously. It's like.. do you even have fun?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

n0n0 posted:

Fun is for scrubs.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

n0n0 posted:

It's fun to kill people by landing with vehicles on their heads or win all alone killing everyone because snipers are honorable soldiers and stuff. Also it's serious business because of war and stuff.

Also isn't the PKP Pecheneg the best weapon ever created?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Other people taking it too seriously is part of what makes it fun.

It's fun to jihad-quad a tank*, but it's even better when the guy you killed whines about it in chat.

*or UCAV kills, SRAW a chopper, get a roadkill, kill a wookie with anything that is not a sniper rifle, use the "wrong gun", etc.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
That gives me an idea: use a jet as a C-4 missile!

Just gotta learn how to kind of fly first...

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Nobnob posted:

Also isn't the PKP Pecheneg the best weapon ever created?

I thought so but I've enjoyed the aws more, even post fixing its ridiculous accuracy.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

TubeStank posted:

I tried to use the transport helo to do this, I recall it being difficult to ram the relevant part of the chopped against a tank

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

TubeStank posted:

Actually, the tricky part of this (outside the Second Assault maps) is landing the jet to put C4 on it.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

PittTheElder posted:

Actually, the tricky part of this (outside the Second Assault maps) is landing the jet to put C4 on it.

I've done it a few times on golmud railway, plenty of open spaces

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
The cz-whatever pdw is amazing. Its like the prenerf bf3 FAMAS. Battlelog says it has 20 in the mag but it has 31 since the last patch. Recoil takes some getting used to but once you do its a man mower.

Also sorry for being annoying/lovely in mumble today. Having a bad day. I will get my head right and be back on later.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

PittTheElder posted:

On maps with the F35, it's pretty easy to land it anywhere with hover mode. Easy to obtain too, because nobody wants to fly the stealth jets.

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER

xyigx posted:

The cz-whatever pdw is amazing. Its like the prenerf bf3 FAMAS. Battlelog says it has 20 in the mag but it has 31 since the last patch. Recoil takes some getting used to but once you do its a man mower.

Also sorry for being annoying/lovely in mumble today. Having a bad day. I will get my head right and be back on later.

The CZ3A1 has been awesome since the game came out and has always had 31 bullets. It's the only pdw I think is really worth using. It's low reload makes it really shine. I love the FAMAS in this game, but the CZ3A1 just felt better in my hands.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Is this game not-broken enough to be worth the money nowadays? I liked BF3.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Minorkos posted:

The killcam is hosed but aside from that it's pretty good.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
I'm getting an error now that's sort of like the sound loop crash, it brings my whole computer to worse than a crawl and I have to restart. The game starts looping sound at a very fast rate, making a continuous tone, then works for a split second, then crashes completely. I last played 5 days ago and it was working fine. Anyone experienced this in the last few days and resolved it? (I just saw that a dude is complaining of restore points on vanilla maps... this might explain it, as I was playing non-vanilla maps mostly the last 2 times I played.)

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe

n0n0 posted:

Mantle's performance gain is enormous on my system, but yeah, it stutters. It looks like it's a video memory thing.

If you turn the display render info console command or whatever it's called on, the game will report video memory usage up at the top. It reports my 3gb 7870 as 2gb, so I dunno if this is an engine bug or a driver bug, but it'll start thrashing and stuttering like crazy if it goes over that... which is unfortunately near guaranteed if I don't use medium textures.

So I just run Mantle with semi-ugly textures because it's gigantically smoother and faster than DX for me. Shanghai is like 35~ average FPS and choppy as poo poo to beyond 60 and smooth.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Minorkos posted:

Nope. It's so bad you can get a full refund 5 months after release. Wait a year and another dozen patches. It will be super cheap by then.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The killcam is hosed but aside from that it's pretty good.

Liquid Penguins posted:

Nope. It's so bad you can get a full refund 5 months after release. Wait a year and another dozen patches. It will be super cheap by then.

Alright, thanks!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I'm having a good time with it, but I'm also seeing zero of the crippling performance issues or crashing that many people have seen. I have Windows 8, i7 3770k, and a GTX 660ti :shrug:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So double xp just started for premium users or?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
^^^^^^^^^
It does say it is active right now.

That's the beauty of BF4. It doesn't matter what your config. Either you have issues or don't. For a long time I had no issues and then I did. Right now? I don't. We'll see about that when the next patch rolls out!

• Locked thread