Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I was changing my oil today and I remembered seeing people in here or on reddit asking how to do one, so I took some pictures this time as I went. Enjoy!

http://imgur.com/gallery/sJ1HH/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Pshaw, my FZ6 gets the K&N treatment.

:smug:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

nsaP posted:

I was changing my oil today and I remembered seeing people in here or on reddit asking how to do one, so I took some pictures this time as I went. Enjoy!

This is perfect as it happens on a daily basis to me, I love it.

What's up with the rusty strip of sheetmetal under your instrument cluster?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That's my bike's Character.

Also the guy who sent me the kit didn't include that bracket so I had my uncle cut me one out of some scrap metal. I didn't think to mention something that wouldn't rust and neither did he. I could paint it but :effort:. The bikes already scratched up and sporting mismatched bolts everywhere so whatever.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 9, 2014

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

nsaP posted:

I'm going to do my FZ6's oil tomorrow or Thursday so this is great. Just snagged a purolator pure one filter and some rotella t6.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Haha, hooked more than a couple redditors. So much fun.

LarryCsonka
Nov 7, 2006
Oooh, I don't go map-finding-behinding

Those bars look great. Gives me an excuse to post mine again

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

nsaP posted:

You heard it here, folks, using non-motospecific oil that has a similar additive package is "defeating the point of having oil in your bike!".

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Run dry. It'll sound like a Ducati!

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Z3n posted:

You heard it here, folks, using non-motospecific oil that has a similar additive package is "defeating the point of having oil in your bike!".

It totally defeats the purpose! You're better off running without oil! You will regret this!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Randomly found on imgur.

Outside Dawg
Feb 24, 2013
No need for guessing on how much fuel you've got left.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Collateral Damage posted:

Randomly found on imgur.

That was popular on the customs a few years ago; at least there were a few in the builder competition at Sturgis in '08.

I didn't need my inner thighs anyway...

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 9, 2014

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

Lockk9 has uploaded some more videos, chief amongst them is some helmet cam footage, it's amazing and terrifying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LFZ8cUVcqc

Dellikose
Oct 10, 2003

clutchpuck posted:

I didn't need my inner thighs anyway...

The bikes that get their tails chopped like that look so unbalanced.

Oh, and when you wheelie hopefully you don't get turned into a rear brake.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I don't see how you're going to fall of the back of the seat if your feet are on the pegs, but you probably have more wheelie experience than I do.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

nsaP posted:

You loving legend. That being said, where's that never-go-on-reddit snippet? Someone should've posted it by now.

KARMA! posted:

It totally defeats the purpose! You're better off running without oil! You will regret this!

Is it actually possible to make the roads guy happy in the game? I have memories of my fifteen year old self getting frustrated trying to figure out what the breaking point was for going from too many roads to not enough roads.

Motsew posted:

Lockk9 has uploaded some more videos, chief amongst them is some helmet cam footage, it's amazing and terrific.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LFZ8cUVcqc

Better.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Slavvy posted:

Is it actually possible to make the roads guy happy in the game? I have memories of my fifteen year old self getting frustrated trying to figure out what the breaking point was for going from too many roads to not enough roads.

All I know is that guy looks like an original apple employee and that is really funny to me for some reason.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slavvy posted:

You loving legend. That being said, where's that never-go-on-reddit snippet? Someone should've posted it by now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

Trolling redditors: like shooting fish in a barrel made of fish, with tiny anchovy bullets

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Ok the most recent hipster bike vid post actually has me speechless :smith:

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Someone linked that on my Facebook feed earlier, apparently it started as one of those new BMWs :/ It's bloody horrendous.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I like the 749/999 exhaust converted to low pipe though

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I'll be so glad when the stupid zombie apocalypse fad dies, taking loving bacon and cupcakes with it.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I'll be so glad when the stupid zombie apocalypse fad dies, taking loving bacon and cupcakes with it.

I can't believe you just said you want bacon gone. What kind of person says that?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Shimrod posted:

I can't believe you just said you want bacon gone. What kind of person says that?

Let me backpedal. I meant the lol bacon bandaids bacon halloween costume bacon trapper keeper bacon bacon bacon fad, not the meat itself. I don't really care for bacon personally, but I wouldn't want it to disappear.

edit: I mean, a GIS for bacon turns up bacon candles, bacon costumes, bacon onesies, bacon bandaids, bacon gumballs, bacon soap, bacon toothpaste, several kinds of bacon candy, bras made of bacon, that bacon cheese mug, bacon soda, a weird old naked man posing with packs of bacon, a pair of Vans that look like bacon, a sculpture of Ron Swanson made of bacon and eggs...

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Apr 10, 2014

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Don't forget bacon lube.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

And all that poo poo was BEFORE the bacon lube even showed up. There's more pictures of bacon-themed bullshit than actual bacon. Now I've typed the word so many times in the last couple minutes that it's lost all meaning and looks weird now. drat.

For content, because I couldn't find a motorcycle made of bacon:

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 10, 2014

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
"Pinup" rosie the riveter girls with anchor tats, dyed red hair, overdone lipstick making bacon cupcakes riding a cafe racer to a zombie walk.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Voltage posted:

"Pinup" rosie the riveter girls with anchor tats, dyed red hair, overdone lipstick making bacon cupcakes riding a cafe racer to a zombie-themed roller derby/burlesque show.

ftfy

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

You guys sure hate fun.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Around here, you're only cool if you're a moderately overweight computer janitor riding a beat-up supermoto in an electric green Aerostich.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I thought around here you were only cool if your life's mission was to tell people that what they like sucks.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Call me Miles Davis.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Slavvy posted:

I thought around here you were only cool if your life's mission was to tell people that what they like sucks.

What they like and who they are, obviously. :rolleyes:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

Around here, you're only cool if you're a moderately overweight computer janitor riding a beat-up supermoto in an electric green Aerostich.

Hey now, I'm a moderately overweight maintenance engineer riding a beat-up Multistrada in Dainese gore-tex and a high-viz vest, and I'm not that cool.

actually I'm pretty loving cool.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Linedance posted:

Hey now, I'm a moderately overweight maintenance engineer riding a beat-up Multistrada in Dainese gore-tex and a high-viz vest, and I'm not that cool.

actually I'm pretty loving cool.

Livin' the dream.

Shine on, you crazy diamond.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Voltage posted:

"Pinup" rosie the riveter girls with anchor tats, dyed red hair, overdone lipstick making bacon cupcakes riding a cafe racer to a zombie walk.

I loled, that pretty much sums it up.

Fifty Three posted:

You guys sure hate fun.

Sorry I don't buy into other people's idea of fun I guess?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Are you saying that's not buying into other peoples' fun is different than making GBS threads all over it, or the same? I gotta say, sometimes it's hard to tell around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

clutchpuck posted:

Are you saying that's not buying into other peoples' fun is different than making GBS threads all over it, or the same? I gotta say, sometimes it's hard to tell around here.

making GBS threads on people is kind of my idea of fun :)