Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

cock hero flux posted:

Is that the one with the line "I could lift that man"?

Yes it is!

HelterSkeletor posted:

Gym it up dude. Reach the pinnacle of ancient Greek physical perfection while having your nostrils invaded by garlicky male testosterone musk. Immerse yourself amongst the dudes and bros sweating and grunting, trudging heavy things around in time with the sounds of Hoobastank and Scott Stapp. Admire the Rorschach patterns of ball-sweat on the weight bench you're about to wipe down and use and be sure to wear appropriate protective footwear in the men's locker room to keep the fungus, AIDS, and used steroid needles at bay.

As others learn a trade, analyze chapters of Ulysses, make friends, travel, and have adventures, you'll be slightly improving your ability to lift things. One week it will be 185 and the next week it will be 190. With luck you'll be at 230 by the end of the year.

One day you will sit in a recliner in the Bristol Palin Home for the Uselessly Old in Rubtsovsk, Siberia, next to another man who will tell tales of his time as a minor but notable grafitti artist in Prague, his passionate relationship with an Italian socialite that ended in a swordfight, and his later years as a writing consultant to a TV crime drama series that centered around an Aspergian super-sleuth. And you will think to yourself, I can lift that man.

Thank you very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

PleasingFungus posted:

Yes it is!

Thank you very much.

This is a great example about how having a complete wrong opinion is allowed on Something Awful as long as you are also funny! Which is nice.

Non-EuclideanCat
Nov 9, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

This is a great example about how having a complete wrong opinion is allowed on Something Awful as long as you are also funny! Which is nice.

So how much do you lift?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Non-EuclideanCat posted:

So how much do you lift?

A very, very sad amount. :(

Working out is nice and both you and I and everyone else should do it regularly.

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

Non-EuclideanCat posted:

So how much do you lift?

Probably not as much as you weigh.

Roger Tangerines
Apr 15, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

theflyingorc posted:

this is almost the literal definition of "a joke"

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

CowboyKid posted:

Probably not as much as you weigh.
daaaamn

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
It is possible to engage in enough physical exercise that you do not resemble a spherical porcine sack of poo poo while still living life in a way that allows you to enjoy the numerous other things that it has to offer (and probably living longer to enjoy it due to your non-terrible physique)

I read that on the Internet somewhere, I think.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The gym is for nerds, just loving get a dog and go out for a run or something, I can't stand the gym. As long as you eat healthy stuff and go outside at least once a day you're fine.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Austrian mook posted:

The gym is for nerds, just loving get a dog and go out for a run or something, I can't stand the gym. As long as you eat healthy stuff and go outside at least once a day you're fine.

N: I am dumb

V: This is not news

e: I mean, yeah, you can keep in well enough shape with that advice but no one's going to look at you and 'mire your physique. The good news is you don't have to spend eight hours in the gym every day to have a good looking physique, and in fact can probably do lots of cool interesting things and bed all kinds of hot women as long as you don't spend the time you're not in the gym playing video games.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

DrNutt posted:

N: I am dumb

V: This is not news

e: I mean, yeah, you can keep in well enough shape with that advice but no one's going to look at you and 'mire your physique. The good news is you don't have to spend eight hours in the gym every day to have a good looking physique, and in fact can probably do lots of cool interesting things and bed all kinds of hot women as long as you don't spend the time you're not in the gym playing video games.

If you want to go to the gym, then do, but it's not a requirement to having a healthy lifestyle. Also :lol: that you need to be some beefcake to have sex with hot girls, I know a guy who's gotta be like 300 pounds and he has more sex than any guy I know.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Austrian mook posted:

If you want to go to the gym, then do, but it's not a requirement to having a healthy lifestyle. Also :lol: that you need to be some beefcake to have sex with hot girls, I know a guy who's gotta be like 300 pounds and he has more sex than any guy I know.

Boy those sure are things I said.

e: Also I'm not going to kinkshame anyone but "having lots of sex" and "having sex with attractive people" are two entirely different things as I'm sure your 300 lbs friend knows.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

DrNutt posted:

Boy those sure are things I said.

I'm good at reading comprehension

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011
You assholes, thanks for ruining a page that had such promise.

Just read this thread until Noni's post http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3259991&pagenumber=1

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Stargate posted:

Just read this thread until Noni's post http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3259991&pagenumber=1

If not enough words are posted then our words budget will be slashed next quarter, good thing Noni's here to keep us safe.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Stargate posted:

Wow. That was excellent. Shame it got gassed.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Austrian mook posted:

I know a guy who's gotta be like 300 pounds and he has more sex than any guy I know.

Please don't call me out in these forums.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Stargate posted:

No thanks.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Stargate posted:

Read it just through Smokey's post, actually.

Unrelated:

The context here is that Star Citizen, the game that raised $42 million by promising anything and everything under the sun, just debuted its dogfighting system at PAX with a stunning level of incompetence and technical issues:

goatse.cx posted:

how does the game look

CrashCat posted:

a lot like the Windows desktop

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Do not read Noni's posts.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Austrian mook posted:

The only 300lbs guy I think that ever banged a lot of chicks was biggie and he's dead

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Where is the thread that some guy accidentally kept posting his exercise log into like five times? That was pretty goddamn funny.

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

loquacius posted:

It's worth noting that Vincent Van Gogh was actually fairly shitballs crazy

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

Stargate posted:

Noni sucks

Roger Tangerines
Apr 15, 2013

by Debbie Metallica
noni sucks; oceania is at war with eurasia

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Long windedness is the soul of wit, my friend.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

tbp posted:

The only 300lbs guy I think that ever banged a lot of chicks was biggie and he's dead

Ron Jeremy

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The thought crossed my mind that I might struggle to find Noni's post now that he no longer has a mod star but then I got about a quarter of the way through a million-word post and realized I'd found him

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
If it reads like it was typed by GBS made flesh and is like 5 paragraphs long, its probably a Noni post.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
If a Noni post caused dozens of strangers to send you thousands of dollars, you might be a redneck.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

brojo probated me for 6 hours for making a joke about noni being longwinded when he became a mod lol

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Anyone have the quote where a guy lays out how to get your cat bigger glutes or something?

client
Aug 19, 2010

if anyone can find the thread where a bunch of insanely autistic goons tried to pitch a "realistic" version of mortal kombat and one guy decided rayden should be a schizophrenic homeless man who shot electricity from jerry-rigged car batteries attached to his hands, i will love you forever.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

WoodrowSkillson posted:

brojo probated me for 6 hours for making a joke about noni being longwinded when he became a mod lol

That might almost give you enough time to read one of noni's posts.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
how slow do you fuckers read

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Why on earth do you keep reregging

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

An Angry Bug posted:

how slow do you fuckers read

change your name back to meaty martha

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Buzkashi posted:

Where is the thread that some guy accidentally kept posting his exercise log into like five times? That was pretty goddamn funny.

I want this too, it was great.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm trying to find it. So far I've found that the post (ad infinitum) was by Inco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010

Buzkashi posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3543702&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5

• Locked thread