Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
I don't think anyone was talking about collecting unemployment while being employed, which is obviously fraud with the penalties that entails.

GiP gets into the grey area with collecting unemployment while going to school full-time but again that's not what you or other guy were talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Snowdens Secret posted:

GiP gets into the grey area with collecting unemployment while going to school full-time but again that's not what you or other guy were talking about.
This is legal, but there are a lot of hoops to jump through first.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
I got a call from readiness yesterday morning about a possible upcoming deployment and I was the 4th out of 4 they called. One is getting out in three weeks, one is non-deployable because of pregnancy and the third just got back from a deployment and doesn't want to go again. That would pretty much ensure me a spot right? We have an E-5 shift lead saying I probably won't go because that would leave us short manned though, is that something that could happen? No way in gently caress I'm letting my last best chance to go to Afghanistan go without a fight I will show this place the meaning of freaking the gently caress out.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
TSA Pre Check is pretty awesome.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Cenen posted:

I got a call from readiness yesterday morning about a possible upcoming deployment and I was the 4th out of 4 they called. One is getting out in three weeks, one is non-deployable because of pregnancy and the third just got back from a deployment and doesn't want to go again. That would pretty much ensure me a spot right? We have an E-5 shift lead saying I probably won't go because that would leave us short manned though, is that something that could happen? No way in gently caress I'm letting my last best chance to go to Afghanistan go without a fight I will show this place the meaning of freaking the gently caress out.

Congratulations on your upcoming deployment. You're going.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Cenen posted:

Unless your unit wants to do a reclama, which they would have to justify, and then your MAJCOM would have to find an appropriate replacement. Don't bring this up though, because they may try it.

Serious talk, try floating the idea of putting out a VRS request to backfill your homestation job. I'm certain there are some Reservists or Guard bums who would be willing to fill in.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Cenen posted:

When it comes to deployments, if you sidetrack your ops chain and throw your name into the top of the deployment list, you're going no matter how much they bitch about manning (at least that was my case). Enjoy Afghanistan, even on a FOB it's a vacation from all the BS of being stateside.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Thank you all for the real answers. gently caress this place.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

I hope he adds on to it and is force shaped out as a 7 year SrA.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

please stop posting pics from my livejournal

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Lazy Reservist posted:

I hope he adds on to it and is force shaped out as a 7 year SrA.
I hope he loses a stripe.

CaptainStag
Sep 29, 2004

Good acting is a practiced craft, one that suggests subtlety and nuance.
That reminds of the guy I saw at the gym with an AF legal tattoo. I bet all the ladies at the bar get super wet when he rolls up his sleeve to show them and BAM AF symbol and the scales of justice. Total badass.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Casimir Radon posted:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

This douchbag from my basic flight was talking about getting the Air Force symbol "branded" on him. He was kicked out a few month later and is now in prison. I hope he went through with it.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

flector belt makes it

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Casimir Radon posted:

I hope he loses an arm.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

wrong answer there high speed

he would look like a bigger idiot with that tattoo if he got demoted than if he didn't have an arm

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

flector belt makes it

lol yup. :10bux: says he's a maintainer, which makes this

Casimir Radon posted:

all the more likely.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Well, I've now gone from TDRL to PDRL. You goddamned faggots will never not have me walking slowly through the parking lots and filling the waiting lines on bases across this great land.

Go gently caress yourselves,

Shim

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Make sure you always regale the gate guard with rambling 15 minute long stories about how much better things were back in your day, just to max out the inconvenience.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Remember that TDY I wanted to go on? The guy who drew the swastika on his housemate's cat gets to go.
Honestly all my interactions with him are pretty positive but still...

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Obama Africanus posted:

Well, I've now gone from TDRL to PDRL. You goddamned faggots will never not have me walking slowly through the parking lots and filling the waiting lines on bases across this great land.

Go gently caress yourselves,

Shim

Don't confine your mission to bases. Make sure that any time you see someone in uniform, wearing anything with a military logo, sporting a mil haircut, etc. you interrupt whatever they're doing--especially if they're with their friends and family--to tell them every real and fictitious detail of your career, your friends' career, and your child's/nephew's/neighbor's kid's career. The more inane your job, the more you should elaborate. Don't let our clear discomfort and closed posturing dissuade you! Block the doorway, ignore all attempt to end the conversation, and keep talking. Be sure to throw in some racial slurs or other offensive material to add to the ambiance and force us into the Catch-22 of either ignoring your racism in front of our friends and family or causing a scene with a disabled veteran in public.

And by all that is holy, if anyone fails to kowtow to your every whim, whether it be waiters, doctors, or TSA agents massaging your balls, make sure they know that YOU EARNED THEIR RESPECT WITH YOUR SERVICE :bahgawd: and cause the biggest scene imaginable.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Derek Dominoe posted:

Don't confine your mission to bases. Make sure that any time you see someone in uniform, wearing anything with a military logo, sporting a mil haircut, etc. you interrupt whatever they're doing--especially if they're with their friends and family--to tell them every real and fictitious detail of your career, your friends' career, and your child's/nephew's/neighbor's kid's career. The more inane your job, the more you should elaborate. Don't let our clear discomfort and closed posturing dissuade you! Block the doorway, ignore all attempt to end the conversation, and keep talking. Be sure to throw in some racial slurs or other offensive material to add to the ambiance and force us into the Catch-22 of either ignoring your racism in front of our friends and family or causing a scene with a disabled veteran in public.

And by all that is holy, if anyone fails to kowtow to your every whim, whether it be waiters, doctors, or TSA agents massaging your balls, make sure they know that YOU EARNED THEIR RESPECT WITH YOUR SERVICE :bahgawd: and cause the biggest scene imaginable.

So yeah, basically this because retirees.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI9KhPJ-utE

e:

Good morning, Mr. Phelps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVaP9kEYVZ8

(Those drat Gideons)

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wife, Ethan

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 13, 2014

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please stop me in the commissary, especially during the lunch rush, and tell me about how you benchpressed the bodies of 200 people in vietnam or whatever

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Got drug tested, got out of enlisted call; Pretty sweet.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Casimir Radon posted:

Got drug tested, got out of enlisted call; Pretty sweet.

i took my last piss test last week. took the biggest poo poo ever.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Holy poo poo the dude who raped someone on deployment back in 2012 just sent me a friend invite on Facebook. Like I didn't even really know the guy so why you would want to even think about that point in your life is beyond me.

What's the proper etiquette in this situation?

Cenen fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 14, 2014

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ignore it?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Cenen posted:

Holy poo poo the dude who raped someone on deployment back in 2012 just sent me a friend invite on Facebook. Like I didn't even really know the guy so why you would want to even think about that point in your life is beyond me.

What's the proper etiquette in this situation?
Accept it, post on their wall(?) to remind everyone what they did, unfriend them.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Casimir Radon posted:

Accept it, post on their wall(?) to remind everyone what they did, unfriend them.

The only option. Because you know he told his family he got out on a medical or some bullshit.

zombieswithblenders
Nov 21, 2008
10 more days till Minot. Cant wait for all the adventures I will have up there!

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Helldump Immunity. posted:

:hfive:

Now don't do jack poo poo because you are "outprocessing" for the next couple of months.

poo poo, I was pretty much "outprocessing" for the whole 6 months I had left after my VSP went through. The only thing I actually did the whole time was finish a BTZ package for the one airman I was still supervising at that point. After that poo poo they CRO'd him and put me over in what was practically a closet for 4 months with a couple airmen who didn't even report to me, I just would teach them poo poo. Every now and then I'd fix a computer, if it belonged to someone I knew/liked, or the time one of those kids wanted to know the difference between various processor slots, and how to replace RAM.

I'm not kidding about the "closet" either - you can't get 3 desks into any smaller a space and still be able to get in and out of the loving room. There were days I'd spend probably 2 hours in the smoke pit, or just gone all drat day to "do some outprocessing".

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Fenrir posted:

poo poo, I was pretty much "outprocessing" for the whole 6 months I had left after my VSP went through. The only thing I actually did the whole time was finish a BTZ package for the one airman I was still supervising at that point. After that poo poo they CRO'd him and put me over in what was practically a closet for 4 months with a couple airmen who didn't even report to me, I just would teach them poo poo. Every now and then I'd fix a computer, if it belonged to someone I knew/liked, or the time one of those kids wanted to know the difference between various processor slots, and how to replace RAM.

I'm not kidding about the "closet" either - you can't get 3 desks into any smaller a space and still be able to get in and out of the loving room. There were days I'd spend probably 2 hours in the smoke pit, or just gone all drat day to "do some outprocessing".

Same. I did a few awards packages and that was about it. For blues Mondays I'd come in with a beard and civvies. drat, those were the best days when I got paid to literally do nothing :allears:

:feelsgood:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

What sort of outdoorsy poo poo it there to do around Yokota?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Welcome to the largest metropolitan area in the world.

If you can get any sort of vehicle at all you travel about an hour west and it's like you fall off the face of the world, just mountains and nothing else. So hiking, camping, some random sports. The mountains go high but there really isn't a lot of interest in hiking them for whatever reason so if you are interested in that stuff, get a guidebook. I know a couple people who go mountain biking pretty regularly. Winter sports are huge, depending on the time of year. I dunno, there really just isn't a lot of outdoors.

If you're going TDY then you'll want to make some friends who know where this stuff is pretty quick.

samizdat
Dec 3, 2008
Last weekend, people accustomed to their sedentary weekday desk jobs also had to work all day in the concession stands at an air show on base. A fraction of the profits will go to their squadron's booster club.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The coolest thing our airshow is going to have is a F-22 static. Welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
By the way, since you guys are still talking VSP in here, what fields are they doing it with now?

I got out over six years ago when they decided that 3C0 wasn't enough of a mess and merged with even more poo poo to become whatever it is now (3D, isn't it?) - no idea what else they could have possibly shoved into it unless they threw in all the 3C2s and 2Es. At one point we were basically teaching old missile guys to work on email servers, so really nothing surprises me.

Did they throw in the 3As that became WGMs too? There was a lot of talk about that going around at the time.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 15, 2014

• Locked thread