Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

SoggyBobcat posted:

Fred Tatasciore isn't doing any more voice work because he's passed away.

I'm confident you're thinking of someone else and just put the wrong name down, Fred Tatasciore is very much alive. Do you mean Zeratul's original VA? If so I'm sorry to hear that.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Feinne posted:

I'm confident you're thinking of someone else and just put the wrong name down, Fred Tatasciore is very much alive. Do you mean Zeratul's original VA? If so I'm sorry to hear that.

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_Ritschel

This was posted in the Heroes of the Storm thread so yeah the original VA has passed away.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Spudd posted:

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_Ritschel

This was posted in the Heroes of the Storm thread so yeah the original VA has passed away.

Okay that makes sense. IMDB didn't say anything about it, so I just saw that he hadn't done anything since Brood War.

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Whoops, got my names confused. Sorry 'bout that. :v:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

I'm loving the LP but I've never played StarCraft so I'm not too familiar with the story and characters. Is there a decent LP of the first game and/or Brood War with a non-irritating LPer? The ones I've found on YouTube all seem to have that "now I want to stab something" quality.

I saw a playthrough last year that wasn't a Let's Play, it was simply a guy cheesing the campaign with no commentary. I liked watching that one because there were some missions where you'd be thinking "ok, I gotta build up base an-oh, he finished the level already". One in particular that caught me off guard was the Protoss mission where you have to get Tassadar to the cave entrance with two Zealots or something. You start the mission with a shuttle and High Templar, a bunch of Zealots and some Dragoons. The guy cast Mirror Image on the Shuttle, loaded it with Tassadar and the Zealots and just bee-lined for the entrance. Finished the mission in like 30 seconds :v:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So, uh, why does Zeratul wear a veil? He's got no face to hide!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Speedball posted:

So, uh, why does Zeratul wear a veil? He's got no face to hide!

I think it's just how dark templar dress.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Dark Templars are actually very shy people :kimchi:

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Disco Infiva posted:

Dark Templars are actually very shy people :kimchi:

LotV will be about Zeratul working up the courage to ask Selendis on a date.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

SoggyBobcat posted:

LotV will be about Zeratul working up the courage to ask Selendis on a date.

"I hope Selendis-sempai will notice me."

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Man don't give Metzen any ideas, it CAN be worse than it is.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I would legit play a Zeratul Dating game.

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
My Name is Kaz went through SC1 and Broodwar on his twitch channel so if you wanna know what goes on in the 1st two games you can watch that. http://www.twitch.tv/kazeugma/profile/pastBroadcasts

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

IronSaber posted:

"I hope Selendis-sempai will notice me."
Errr...I do believe Zeratul is about a good few centuries OLDER than Selendis.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

AradoBalanga posted:

More like millenia. Near as anyone can tell, Protoss are elves in that they seem to have an indefinite natural lifespan.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

AradoBalanga posted:

"Selendis-chan is so kawaii~"

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I mean Dark Templar are anime as gently caress, they're shadowy warriors exiled from their home who wander the stars being badass and wearing unnecessary veils while fighting with crazy psychic swords. Also they have glowing eyes and no obvious mouths. The only way they could get more loving anime is if half of them also had huge tits and wore schoolgirl skirts for no obvious reason.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Feinne posted:

I mean Dark Templar are anime as gently caress, they're shadowy warriors exiled from their home who wander the stars being badass and wearing unnecessary veils while fighting with crazy psychic swords. Also they have glowing eyes and no obvious mouths. The only way they could get more loving anime is if half of them also had huge tits and wore schoolgirl skirts for no obvious reason.

The fact that I know that there is fanart out there of this horrifies and arouses me.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Feinne posted:

Selina-chan would never accept me due to my dark past. EURGH!! I'm going to go defeat a whole race of aliens because my ragefeelings won't stop and maybe I'll impress her with my brooding nature and martial ability.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I know they originally proposed the idea of a "twilight archon" that would be a dark templar merging with a khalai templar, and I still wanna see it happen someday. Don't let me down, Legacy of the Void!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

The_Frag_Man posted:

Man the new voice actor for Zeratul just doesn't have the same character as the original.

Same with Artanis, as they share the same voice actor.

WoL/HotS was just so full of dissapointments.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Speedball posted:

I know they originally proposed the idea of a "twilight archon" that would be a dark templar merging with a khalai templar, and I still wanna see it happen someday. Don't let me down, Legacy of the Void!

Supposedly all Archons are now Twilight Archons, since the Khalai and Nerazim have shared much of their teachings, and can do the Archon morph in any combination of the two.

It just so happens that Twilight Archons have the exact same stats and attacks as regular Archons :v: and in the process the Dark Templar forgot how to make Dark Archons, whoops.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Kurieg posted:

It just so happens that Twilight Archons have the exact same stats and attacks as regular Archons :v: and in the process the Dark Templar forgot how to make Dark Archons, whoops.

It was accidentally thrown out with the Vulture blueprints.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Anatharon posted:

Same with Artanis, as they share the same voice actor.

WoL/HotS was just so full of dissapointments.

Artanis isn't Fred Tatasciore, he's Patrick Seitz, who was half of Cho'gall and therefore I will brook no criticism.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Suspect Bucket posted:

It was accidentally thrown out with the Vulture blueprints.

Would you really use vultures when you have hellions, though?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Spider mines.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Cythereal posted:

Because I love my stupid grenade throwing hoverbike. That thing consumed my daydreams of how I'd do burnouts off the skool parking lot and give the finger to maf classez yeah teachers suck starcraft forever. It was also one of the few vehicles I could draw at first.

Actually, on second thought, a lot of the terran vehicle designs in Starcraft seemed to have the "Can be drawn by a bored 6th Grader on All Notebooks" requirement.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Apr 17, 2014

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Cythereal posted:

Two-hour TvT mid-games.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Widow Mines. :shepface:

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Anatharon posted:

Widow Mines. :shepface:

:science: Spider Mines come with a high speed delivery platform!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

CrazySalamander posted:

:science: Spider Mines come with a high speed delivery platform!

Oh you poor, simple fool.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Star Man posted:

Oh you poor, simple fool.

THEY ARE A HIGH SPEED DELIVERY PLATFORM

Immediately sees several spider mines carrying a siege tank in siege mode ready to fire.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I can't look at a spider mine and not see a Terror Drone from Red Alert 2

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Calax posted:

I can't look at a spider mine and not see a Terror Drone from Red Alert 2

Terror drones were better anyways since they didn't blow up :colbert:

You're a man after my own heart Calax

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

InfinityComplex posted:

THEY ARE A HIGH SPEED DELIVERY PLATFORM

Immediately sees several spider mines carrying a siege tank in siege mode ready to fire.

Call me when you've successfully dodged a widow mine that has targeted a unit and fired.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Selina-chan would never accept me due to my dark past. EURGH!! I'm going to go defeat a whole race of aliens because my ragefeelings won't stop and maybe I'll impress her with my brooding nature and martial ability.

Starcraft 2: Brooding Wars announced! Coming to your PCs on February 14th. Preorder now and receive a body pillow of Selendis!

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Star Man posted:

Call me when you've successfully dodged a widow mine that has targeted a unit and fired.

See, that's the thing isn't it? You can dodge widow mines, but in order to do so you can't let them fire.

IndigO on us.battle.net posted:

Essentially, units are able to run through widow mine's attack radius without activating them due to the 1.5 second delay on the widow mine's activation.
After a unit leaves the mine's radius without activating the mine, the mine chooses a new target and attempts to "lock on" to that unit. It repeats until it finally locks on and fires.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/8197582703

Also you can't blinding cloud them because their attack is a spell.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Disco Infiva posted:

Starcraft 2: BroodingBreeding Wars announced! Coming to your PCs on February 14th. Preorder now and receive a body pillow of Selendis!

Fixed it for you, Sensei-kun!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Speedball posted:

I think they scrapped the twilight archon idea because they made a much bigger deal out of being able to wield both high templar and dark templar energies. If I understand correctly, the only protoss who were able to use both the Khala and the Void were Adun and Tassadar.

Edit: And I thought it was confirmed that we would play Artanis in Legacy of the Void, bringing/keeping the different protoss tribes together to fight the big bad?

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Apr 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

Torrannor posted:

I think they scrapped the twilight archon idea because they made a much bigger deal out of being able to wield both high templar and dark templar energies. If I understand correctly, the only protoss who were able to use both the Khala and the Void were Adun and Tassadar.

Edit: And I thought it was confirmed that we would play Artanis in Legacy of the Void, bringing/keeping the different protoss tribes together to fight the big bad?

Humm, you would think that by merging both, the archon would get the composite knowledge of both templar. The problem would lie in how to get two highly different energy types to mix. It would be kinda like mixing oil and water there, they are both energy, but fundamentally different in aspects. Blizzard could make a pretty cool map out of it, where they have to defend the first attempt at creating twilight archons, and due to the experimental nature of the process it would take time... Kind of a "Defend the point" map, where when the timer ends you get a kickass new unit with all the abilities unlocked (But when the process is refined for "In field" use the awesome abilities get locked, and that is what the research is for...)

I am thinking about this way too much...

• Locked thread