Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Steeltalon posted:

:dice: I wish tank shells went faster than 20% their actual velocity in BF.

Well if they did that they'd be damned near to hitscan, considering how (relatively) small the maps are compared to engagement ranges in reality. Plus, they'd have next to no drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Steeltalon posted:

I don't because that would be terrible.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Lazyfire posted:

This reminds me, some sperg lord on Reddit calculated how fast AR missiles turn and it is like several million times what they can do in real life and he's very upset that his video game and real world physics are different.

Someone should tell him to personally test how realistic/unrealistic it is to be able to open a parachute 20 feet off the ground and take no damage at all. That or go swimming in full combat gear and see how far they can get.

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

Lazyfire posted:

This reminds me, some sperg lord on Reddit calculated how fast AR missiles turn and it is like several million times what they can do in real life and he's very upset that his video game and real world physics are different.

Gotta be able to catch those planes easily pulling 13g+ turns with out ripping their wings off.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Personally I play with a full body electric suit that shocks me every time I get shot.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

Steeltalon posted:

For the cost of BF4 + Premium you could get:

http://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1361

quote:

Steel Beasts Pro Personal Edition
Is available.

Shipping is still FREE!
(Place orders below.)

Target audience: Military professionals and hard-core simulation fans.
Intended use: Training on the soldier’s PC, using exercises that don’t require an operator / controller.

Please note that Steel Beasts Pro PE ships with a CodeMeter stick for software protection. An available USB port is required.

Dongle included!

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
If we're going to complain about tank shell muzzle velocity, might as well do so about most of the muzzle velocities. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume most of the infantry weapons are 200-400m/s lower than real life. Do that and you can get rid of downward MV by just applying gravity to every round.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Steeltalon posted:

You're going with this, instead of with the fact that HE Shells have a smaller E but more AP than AP Shells do?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
War is hell, but in video games, war is fun.
Immersion ruined!

Ammanas posted:

Haha, EA dickholes put it all on sale just to spite me. Oh well, premium is the only thing thats not discounted and thats the only thing I'd want.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/deals/sale/gigabytes-deals-ANW.html

I downloaded Dead Space on Origin for free last night :shrug:

the_worm_ posted:

Just applied to LLJK as th3w0rm

Did I used to play Day of Defeat with you on a 24x7 dod_bridge server in v1.3b?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I've been trying to join as a commander on a server that goons are pubstomping but I can't seem to land on the right team. Why? Because when you join as the sole commander you always join on the side on the left of the battlelog screen and there's no option to switch.

:dice:

I feel bad about dropping cruise missiles on my fellow goons' noggins. But only a little.

the_worm_
Mar 11, 2001

canyoneer posted:

Did I used to play Day of Defeat with you on a 24x7 dod_bridge server in v1.3b?

Possibly. I played a lot of dod

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Gonkish posted:

Well if they did that they'd be damned near to hitscan, considering how (relatively) small the maps are compared to engagement ranges in reality. Plus, they'd have next to no drop.

And we can't have anything close to hitscan, as that just isn't realistic!

Played on a "Tactical" server where sprinting was banned unless it was from cover to cover or under fire. You also could not use your pistol outside.

It was... interesting. More interesting in Rush and TDM than conquest where skylords took over.

Burreeto Burreyeto
Aug 28, 2009

I'm a gay zebra.

Ularg posted:

Played on a "Tactical" server where sprinting was banned unless it was from cover to cover or under fire. You also could not use your pistol outside.

The rules are fantastic.
http://www.509th.net/rules.shtml

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Thanks to the SPRG Platoon and Disoriented patiently accepting all my orders as commander I finally got my 10 Leadership Ribbons. Thanks!

Don't try this without goon support, you will lose your fricking mind doing so.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Is that enforceable?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Is that enforceable?

If there's someone around to enforce them, yeah? Why wouldn't they be?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

And in spite of their vaunted rules, we still stomped their asses- repeatedly.

Also, loved the dude who corrected me when I cited the wrong Army field manual :allears:

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Kibayasu posted:

If there's someone around to enforce them, yeah? Why wouldn't they be?

Sorry, I guess I mean "other than one of the loonies watching you jumping from too high up or walking on an sufficiently wide ledge"

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

this is from a while back but definitely answers why I'll get the jump on two guys from behind and murder one but not a single shot will hit the next guy. Now I know to circle around ~

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

mcbexx posted:

Thanks to the SPRG Platoon and Disoriented patiently accepting all my orders as commander I finally got my 10 Leadership Ribbons. Thanks!

Don't try this without goon support, you will lose your fricking mind doing so.

I must also give thanks to goons as I got 9 ribbons the same way last night. Was trying to get the last one today but couldn't get on the right team (see above).

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Does anyone use the Hawk or think that is not the best shotgun? I really like it.

Or is it considered the easy shotgun :ohdear:

pro starcraft loser fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 18, 2014

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Putting my app into LLJK again. In as Smeed.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Just The Facts posted:

Does anyone use the Hawk or think that is not the best shotgun? I really like it.

Or is it considered the easy shotgun :ohdear:

There's just no reason to use it. If you want OHK capability you use the 870, if you want a higher fire rate you use the DBV-12 or Saiga or any other semi-auto, it's just kind of the in-between shotgun that doesn't fit a niche, and so isn't really worthwhile.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/456852298562218816/315498476/
50-0 on Lost Islands; Carrier Assault. No Rep men needed!

Strafing the enemy carrier, forced off by transport helo and RCB, camp our own broken carrier slaying parachute men and shooting into the assembly bay through the entrances.
That round was pretty awesome, as I got called a hacker for the final 10 minutes of the game.

Edit: Sweet jesus look what I found when looking for screenshots. Paid_reviews.jpeg

I'd like to invite some goons to help me make world model screenshots of all the availible knives, so we can kind of catalog how they look when an opposing player is coming at you with one.
I kind of chose the Bowie knife since I remember it looking gigantic when somebody was coming at me, hence I chose it for scare factor when using it. But my memory on it is a bit vague and nobodies cataloged em yet, and the bowie is getting old for me. So please fellow knife wielding maniac's, lets make a screenshot collection!

Samuel fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Apr 18, 2014

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Alternate Cosby emblem

http://emblemsbf.com/emblem-19729.html

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

This should be LLJK's emblem so I can use it without paying for 40 layers. The current Cosby is pretty great too but the faux-class of the black and white is too much.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Never seen that sight before. Who knew Battlefield players were filled with anime and embarrassing attempts at "sexy" emblems.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Ularg posted:

Never seen that sight before. Who knew Battlefield players were filled with anime and embarrassing attempts at "sexy" emblems.

Don't forget the multitudes of MLP.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Reminder that dice had an emblem contest and the winner was the top left:

You might recognize it from the my little pony eve online clan.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Kibayasu posted:

This should be LLJK's emblem so I can use it without paying for 40 layers. The current Cosby is pretty great too but the faux-class of the black and white is too much.

I thought if you used the emblem from the page, you didn't need premium?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

canyoneer posted:

I thought if you used the emblem from the page, you didn't need premium?

That's what I mean. LLJK should switch to this Cosby so I can use it.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeMYjjSQ9nw

Battlefield 4. :dice:

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Some of the emblems on there are really good. Most of them are just someone who saw an emblem of a girl and decided it wasn't quite perfect yet. Jesus.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Tasoth posted:

Some of the emblems on there are really good. Most of them are just someone who saw an emblem of a girl and decided it wasn't quite perfect yet. Jesus.

Yeah, that's pretty much true of everything on the Internet. A few good/great things and a whole pile of crap on the other.

After playing more more carrier assault, I don't think the auto-parachute drop point is that bad. If a team is aggressive in using vehicles to defend their exterior, you have to use a radio beacon inside and that forces you to slow down your attack.

If I were going to change anything about carrier assault; I'd move the parachute to the forecastle and move the A point closer towards the aft of the carrier. So the defenders and attackers have to travel similar distances to get to the point but defenders have the interior line. Similarly I'd open up the 2nd level above the B point and move it 1 room further aft then it is now. So defenders can go upstairs or downstairs, but attackers can attack from upstairs or downstairs as well.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
I should be around for most of the night if anyone needs help with achievement farming. Send me a message on Battlelog - Dillbag666.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

When a goon joins your match and turns out to be a bush wookie. :sigh:

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Dvsilverwing posted:

When a goon joins your match and turns out to be a bush wookie. :sigh:

Drive an atv/vehicle at them and bail/switch seats as you impact. They'll learn or you'll get kicked.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
XM25 smoke or flashbangs works too.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Am I kind of crazy to think that more than 5 dudes in a single mumble channel gets kind of cluster-fucky? I love playing with all the goons as possible but it just becomes a bit too much noise to tune out when I need to focus on being bad at battlefield. Maybe it doesn't help that I don't shut the gently caress up when I'm having fun. Need to change my push to talk to a key I'm less familiar with or something to stop the on-the-moment comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
I don't understand all these "Never Run" rules, I get that one of the better ways to play shooters is to walk when not in combat, but sometimes you need to run from A to B to get to your team.

Making running a ban issue is retarded.

• Locked thread