Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
What the gently caress, dude. We should form a posse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

As much as it sucks to lose the spider, hopefully its powers will manifest on the new "owner" and cause them to be swarmed by black widows and brown recluses.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, they'll be back in a week, begging you to lift the curse.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
This is how every Stephen King short story starts, isn't it?

You'll find the guy's desiccated body down the street, his eyes hollow and sunken, his forearms blown open by millions of baby spiders hatching inside them and the fingernails broken and torn from attempting to rend his own flesh to find release. The knob will have lodged itself directly into his sternum, pulverizing his clavicle into a fine mist and scorching an inverse spider pattern into his heart and lungs.

But you'll also find a copy of How To Keep Your Volkswagen Alive, pre-flipped to the section for "Why Is This loving poo poo Always On Fire, A Whole-Body Experience."

John Muir posted:

TABLE OF Contents
INTRODUCTION 3
CHAPTER I HOW TO STEAL THIS BOOK (TO SAVE MONEY FOR PARTS) 5
CHAPTER II HOW WORKS A VOLKSWAGEN, EVEN GRAMMAR HAS LEFT US 10
CHAPTER III HOW TO BUY FOUR VOLKSWAGENS 21
CHAPTER IV TOOLS AND SPARE CARS 29
CHAPTER V HOW TO DRIVE A VOLKSWAGEN 36
CHAPTER VI EXOTIC ARRANGEMENT OF PRICELESS COOLING TIN 38
CHAPTER VII ENGINE STOPS OR WON'T START (NO FIRES) 42
CHAPTER VIII RED LIGHT ON! (ON FIRE) 62
Why Is This loving poo poo Always On Fire, A Whole-Body Experience 70
CHAPTER IX GREEN LIGHT ON! (FIRE UNIT DEFECTIVE) 83
CHAPTER X MAINTENANCE (EVERY 8 MINUTES): Valve Adjustment, Timing, Tune-up, Lubrication, Distributor, Carburetor, Fuel Injection 92
Tune-up Checklist 96
Line of Credit Timing Chart 110-111
CHAPTER XI VOLKSWAGEN DOESN'T STOP PRODUCING SPIDERS 167
CHAPTER XII SHIMMIES AND SHAKES (VW MEET GIRLS) 189
CHAPTER XIII SLIPS AND JERKS (CLUTCH) 207
CHAPTER XIV GRINDS AND GROWLS (HOLY JESUS MY FLESH) 213
CHAPTER XV WEEKLY ENGINE OVERHAUL 235
CHAPTER XVI KNOW-HOW: Where to Find Suicide Methods 325
Table of Human Anatomy Weaknesses 341
CHAPTER XVII WITHIN THE LAW (TAKING YOUR MEDS) 347
Wiring Diagram (Don't Listen to Them... I'm Still Here) 348
CHAPTER XVIII HI-PERFORMANCE (HAHAHAHAHAH) MODIFICATIONS 357
CHAPTER XIX VW MANIA (DSM-V EXCERPT) 403
PARTS PUSHERS 417
CHAPTER XX HOW TO KEEP YOUR VOLKSWAGEN ALIVE FOREVER BY ROBBING A BANK EVERY 30 MINUTES 427
CHAPTER XXI THE GRAB BAG, or Things We Didn't Know Where Else to Put 437
CHAPTER XXII ELECTRICAL IMPULSES AND SHOCK THERAPY 445
CHANGES AND NEW IDEAS, LIKE JUST BUYING A loving SUBARU 453
CHAPTER XXIII THE DREAD AUTO-TROTTEL 461 TROUBLE, TROUBLE, UNPARALLELED SEXUAL EXCITEMENT 465
INDEX 469
SPECIFICATIONS FOR VW MEETS 478

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Apr 20, 2014

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Isn't that a shared garage with a few other cars?

Time to peek in the other cars to see if one suddenly has a lot of spiders. :allears:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
ssswitch: please tell me that quote is true, because I'll buy that loving book tomorrow.

13" whats the thread pitch and diameter on your shifter.

I also have a kickin' rad 1980s bluepoint digital multimeter that I don't really use anymore...

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Christ, that sucks, man. I'd feel quite violated, even though not much was taken. Hey, at least all your tools were at work.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Seat Safety Switch posted:

But you'll also find a copy of How To Keep Your Volkswagen Alive, pre-flipped to the section for "Why Is This loving poo poo Always On Fire, A Whole-Body Experience."

Ok, this is killin' me.

13", condolences on being burgled, that poo poo sucks dude. :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That absolutely blows. A single garage got broken into at our complex and I've been paranoid as poo poo ever since.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

cursedshitbox posted:

ssswitch: please tell me that quote is true, because I'll buy that loving book tomorrow.

13" whats the thread pitch and diameter on your shifter.

I also have a kickin' rad 1980s bluepoint digital multimeter that I don't really use anymore...

M10x1.5, mine was a newer autoranging Bluepoint that could do all sorts of things like temp and tach and the display red OUCH if it ever went out of limits :(

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've been asking around the complex today if anyone else got poo poo stolen and I described the poo poo that went missing and how pissed they took my girl's bike, and then I just went out and the bike was leaning on my garage door still with both flat tires. poo poo's about to get real you loving idiot, I know who I talked to today and you're loving stupid enough to return one thing and let me know it's all still here?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
What the hell.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I can't picture myself being able to contain the apocalyptic rage that would cause.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
Isn't sharing your space with heroine addicts grand?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Why do people poo poo on their own doorsteps? :sigh:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Backov posted:

Isn't sharing your space with heroine addicts grand?

They're addicted to strong, independent, intelligent women in a leading role?

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Slavvy posted:

Yes.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

13 INCH DICK posted:

I've been asking around the complex today if anyone else got poo poo stolen and I described the poo poo that went missing and how pissed they took my girl's bike, and then I just went out and the bike was leaning on my garage door still with both flat tires. poo poo's about to get real you loving idiot, I know who I talked to today and you're loving stupid enough to return one thing and let me know it's all still here?

Start spreading stories about The Curse of The Spider Shift Knob. Junkies will believe any old bullshit.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
This is gonna be good.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Slavvy posted:

God, aren't we all? :kimchi:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
I was going to just buy you a new shift knob but I can't find anything crazy enough. I was hoping I could find something like the spider knob, but with bees inside and for some reason it doesn't appear that such a thing has ever been made.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Mat_Drinks posted:

I was going to just buy you a new shift knob but I can't find anything crazy enough. I was hoping I could find something like the spider knob, but with bees inside and for some reason it doesn't appear that such a thing has ever been made.
How about a ~sexy lady~ jacking it? :nws:?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Truck-U...be7e37c&vxp=mtr

Or a grinning devil head?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-M...f46b8e6&vxp=mtr

There's also some scorpion shift knobs but holy poo poo they're $100.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Australian-...467b7d1&vxp=mtr

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I have scorpions all around my property. If someone has the means of encasing them in glass we could be rich!

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

The only shift knob that will do is a spidercock shift knob.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

mafoose posted:

I have scorpions all around my property. If someone has the means of encasing them in glass we could be rich!

epoxy is pretty easy, but you're going to end up with encased scorpion ash if you try with glass...

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Or make them into delicious treats

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Australian-...=item4864cff9d5

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

He had a wicked red one that I didn't win a few days ago. I'm camping out to see if he lists another solid colour one.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:radcat:

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
At least it's nice today...What broke this time?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
the thingy that spins around and goes zap

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

13 INCH DICK posted:

Its not like the steering wheel is THAT difficult to replace. :v:

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

13 INCH DICK posted:

So the hamster wheel.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So I've got no spark. In my quest for figuring out why, I have in stages replaced the points, condensor, cap, rotor, coil, checked wiring, have 12V at the coil, have 12V at the breaker point tip when held open, circuit appears to complete when closed, distributor has been checked and gone through,

SO WHY DONT I HAVE SPARK

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

13 INCH DICK posted:

So I've got no spark. In my quest for figuring out why, I have in stages replaced the points, condensor, cap, rotor, coil, checked wiring, have 12V at the coil, have 12V at the breaker point tip when held open, circuit appears to complete when closed, distributor has been checked and gone through,

SO WHY DONT I HAVE SPARK

How about the other end of the circuit? Ground strap to the engine?

Swiller of Beer
Jan 2, 2003
Cold Hearted S.O.B.
Soiled Meat

13 INCH DICK posted:

SO WHY DONT I HAVE SPARK

Bad ballast resistor maybe. Most points distributors crank at 12 volts but when you release the key they drop down to a lower voltage to preserve the points.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's the ballast resistor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe when you got robbed the thief stole your spark!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Poor little thing lost its heart after the spider knob got stolen :(

• Locked thread