Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

RCarr posted:

If you can complete any of the extreme tracks without faulting you are already a god among men.

Right now I just can't imagine zero-faulting them. I'm slooooowly whittling down the fault counts, but man, I just feel like I'm going to hit an unassailable wall at some point. Regardless of what I think about the rest of the tracks, I really feel like the TF extremes[1] walk all over the Evo ones. I dunno, maybe I'm still reeling from the shock or something :haw:

[1] With the oddity that is 'Eye of the Storm', which is more 'Hard+' than extreme, still being... more 'Hard+'-ier than The Truth is Out There.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Slate Action posted:

I remember the point at which I stopped trying to do all the challenges, and it was the track that's like 50% composed of pipes and ones of the challenges was 'don't touch any pipes with your front wheel, zero fault run.' gently caress that poo poo.
There's several good reasons to try to learn this challenge: you're faster when you ride a wheelie. It also sets you up for those really quick front flips over the exit lip of ramps. Vital skills if you want those lowball times.

Can't wait for the full game to unlock tomorrow. Gonna be streaming the hell out of it for anyone interested. I'll toss a link to my twitch channel in here when that goes down.

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

'sup :buddy:
Finally managed to gold Ice Climb! 74 meters! Took more tries than I'm willing to admit.

Now I just need to do the last two tracks in the second group (the wheelie one and the great crater) and I'll have the gold medal on all Hard tracks.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

There's several good reasons to try to learn this challenge: you're faster when you ride a wheelie. It also sets you up for those really quick front flips over the exit lip of ramps. Vital skills if you want those lowball times.

Can't wait for the full game to unlock tomorrow. Gonna be streaming the hell out of it for anyone interested. I'll toss a link to my twitch channel in here when that goes down.

It's going to be pretty interesting having this and Dark Souls II to play at the same time; whenever I ragequit out of one, I can switch to the other one.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Just downloading this for PC now, loved Evolution, looking forward to this. Uplay name is t0mm3h, add me for some leaderboard competition!

E: Added all the names on the googledoc, bring it on!

Aphex- fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Apr 24, 2014

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
Downloading the game files now, can't wait to jump in.
Add me on PC, my uPlay name is neilaran

makere
Jan 14, 2012
They're doing official 24 hour PC release stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/redlynxofficial

There's also raffles for full copy of the game/season pass for PC (just hit in and type in !raffle) :)

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What is this dead sailor bullshit i keep getting on fmx tracks?

makere
Jan 14, 2012

A Yolo Wizard posted:

What is this dead sailor bullshit i keep getting on fmx tracks?

It means you didn't do any tricks on the jump and just flailed around. Try holding the right stick direction for a bit longer.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I'm so bad at this game but it's so fun.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There are times where I'll move the stick in a direction that i know does a trick, only for it to just ram my guys crotch into the handlebars and sit there, even if I try spinning the bike around, until I crash or get the dead sailor (where I reset anyway). really annoying

el3m
Jun 18, 2005
Grimey Drawer
uplay seems to be down for me. At least I can collect medals.

Added every PC user from thread and the google doc on page 3. My uplay id is el3mar

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

rantAK posted:

uplay seems to be down for me. At least I can collect medals.

Added every PC user from thread and the google doc on page 3. My uplay id is el3mar

Glad it isn't just me (PS4). It's been a real poor showing on the Ubisoft side of things with this product.

Peons
Nov 26, 2010
PC Version of Evolution had the same problem when it first launched. How's the FPS/etc. on decent systems with this game?

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Peons posted:

PC Version of Evolution had the same problem when it first launched. How's the FPS/etc. on decent systems with this game?

Generally, meatier systems has sellotaped 60 FPS. Beware for weaker systems, though, since the game last time I checked has the problem where it slows down based on how far below 60 FPS, so if you get a solid 30 FPS the game runs at half speed. It's possibly an engine design flaw, since I also had that problem with Trials Evo, but yeah.

el3m
Jun 18, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Peons posted:

Better than Trials Evolution Gold on my system at least. I'm playing on a laptop with 650m, 720p and medium is 60fps solid.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Delusibeta posted:

Generally, meatier systems has sellotaped 60 FPS. Beware for weaker systems, though, since the game last time I checked has the problem where it slows down based on how far below 60 FPS, so if you get a solid 30 FPS the game runs at half speed. It's possibly an engine design flaw, since I also had that problem with Trials Evo, but yeah.

Wait, so if the framerate dips the timer doesn't go with it? The last Trials game I played on PC was Trials 2 so I don't really remember how that worked, but that's pretty crappy.

Has anyone tried it on the ol' i5 2500k + 560ti combo? That's pretty much their recommended specs but I would like to make sure it runs at 60fps, even if I need to bump down the settings.

edit: I ended up buying it. For those with this setup: It ran pretty good on high/1080p (defaults), but it would hitch up at certain points. I bumped it down to 720p/Normal and it runs perfectly smooth now. No framerate drops at even the craziest parts. I could probably push it back up to 1080 or do some more tweaking, but it looks fine to me for the distance I sit from my TV.

wa27 fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 25, 2014

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

tehsid posted:

I made a spread sheet for PC users using uplay. Hope it makes finding goons to have on your leader board easier!

Submit Uplay Doc
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y9D59F6fDJ808_GeGL3f3SppAoTyAkCPCipCeFvip-k/viewform?usp=send_form

View Submission
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhRKoo69SzYFdDBSelVCZWVycDhyY0hsTlRXV2NLMkE#gid=0

Just a reminder for people grabbing the PC version.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
thatsmyfetish.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT9E_GRfd5I

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

It is like the ATV lives for that particular glitch or something :haw: For my part, I'm not managed to make it happen, then finish the whole track like that without faulting out first.

In other news, Inferno IV is really making me earn its medals. Just got the silver with a new run of 150 faults. The silver par? 150 faults :gonk:

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

A Yolo Wizard posted:

There are times where I'll move the stick in a direction that i know does a trick, only for it to just ram my guys crotch into the handlebars and sit there, even if I try spinning the bike around, until I crash or get the dead sailor (where I reset anyway). really annoying

I get this sometimes when doing a coffin (holding right on an upright bike orientation) and I've learned to just not try that trick anymore. Holding left is usually very responsive for tricks, and adding variety is as easy as altering the bike's orientation before pressing left.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I had the game running at half speed problem with everything on ultra, once I turned off vsync it was fine but there was a lot of screen tearing. Enabling adaptive vsync in the nvidia control panel fixed this and now it runs very smoothly.

Specs are 3570k with a 770.

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
add me, chamber9verse32
e: ps4

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I have no idea what the tricks it wants me to do in the FMX tutorial are. It doesn't say, it just gives you a two-frame animation in the background and says "do this". I passed it once by flipping the bike and button mashing but I accidentally restarted the track and I can't get past it again. It doesn't seem like the keys have any coordination to what your rider actually does.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

NaDy posted:

I had the game running at half speed problem with everything on ultra, once I turned off vsync it was fine but there was a lot of screen tearing. Enabling adaptive vsync in the nvidia control panel fixed this and now it runs very smoothly.

Specs are 3570k with a 770.

I got 4770k with gtx770 and it runs solid 60fps with vsync on and ultra.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

tehsid posted:

I made a spread sheet for PC users using uplay. Hope it makes finding goons to have on your leader board easier!

Submit Uplay Doc
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y9D59F6fDJ808_GeGL3f3SppAoTyAkCPCipCeFvip-k/viewform?usp=send_form

View Submission
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhRKoo69SzYFdDBSelVCZWVycDhyY0hsTlRXV2NLMkE#gid=0

Added myself to this. fancymike on Uplay

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

I have no idea what the tricks it wants me to do in the FMX tutorial are. It doesn't say, it just gives you a two-frame animation in the background and says "do this". I passed it once by flipping the bike and button mashing but I accidentally restarted the track and I can't get past it again. It doesn't seem like the keys have any coordination to what your rider actually does.

Think of the right stick as controlling your riders legs, flip the bike to match how it shows on the monitor and then move your legs to match the trick

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Ok so I went to buy this on my Xbox360, and it shows as trying to charge me 39.95 for each the game and the season pass.
Thinking it's wrong as poo poo, I check the marketplace. Sure enough, shows it as 19.95 for each instead, and 39.99 for the both together.
If I try to buy either the game or the season pass, however, it shows the individual charges as 39.95 when going to billing.
What the christ? Anyone else run into this? I don't intend on dropping 80 dollars on this game.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
This game looks insanely beautiful on my computer. While waiting for Dark Souls 2 today I decided to give this game a shot first and I haven't even fired up Dark Souls 2 yet. The game is so vibrant and beautiful and I am really loving the visuals. The sound effects and everything are amazing just like Trials has always been.

I am really loving bad at this game though. I mean I wiped out just doing the tutorial when testing the braking at high speeds... I don't remember the brakes being so touchy and prone to stop you so quickly but I like it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So, at least on the PS4, when is the user track system going to start having recommended tracks? With 3000+ tracks, you'd think there'd be no shortage of ones they could pick.

Since I couldn't find any, I just went to the highest ranked tracks and found one that's just stairs, all the way down. It's the stupidest track ever, so why can't I stop laughing?

edit: oh, and who is deciding the difficulty/time requirements of a user track? The creator, or is the system somehow deciding itself?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 25, 2014

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: oh, and who is deciding the difficulty/time requirements of a user track? The creator, or is the system somehow deciding itself?

If it's anything like Evolution and Trials HD was, it's user chosen. But RedLynx picks get re-checked upon posting.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I sure do find myself often in the situation where my front wheel is on top of a ledge and the back wheel is dangling off the side, which is stable but I can't seem to get forward no matter what I do. Is there some trick to this?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Samurai Sanders posted:

I sure do find myself often in the situation where my front wheel is on top of a ledge and the back wheel is dangling off the side, which is stable but I can't seem to get forward no matter what I do. Is there some trick to this?

Welcome to Trials, friend.

Sometimes if you lean back then forward, similar to how you'd do a bunny hop, you can shift your weight enough to move the back wheel up and gain traction with it. Not always though, sometimes you'll just slide slowly backwards off the ledge (if you're me).

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Holy poo poo, this game is just so god drat good. Started streaming the game at 10:00 PM, and here I am just wrapping up at quarter after 4. So addicting. Can't wait to start going back and getting those plats!

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
I love/hate this game to bits but goddam the inability to lean gently makes the game feel way harder than it should do...hard+ feels like I'm fighting the controls as much as the tracks! Everything's forgiven once I gold it though...

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I feel like my skill at this game is actually decreasing the more I play it. I get caught in a loop and don't make the necessary adjustments I guess.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

plape tickler posted:

I feel like my skill at this game is actually decreasing the more I play it. I get caught in a loop and don't make the necessary adjustments I guess.

I've experienced this with Evo before, I'd come back after a month of not playing and beat some of my own ghosts or get platinum medals surprisingly easily.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
So this game is solid? I was a little worried when I heard about tricks, thinking they might compromise the elegant simplicity of the older games, but y'all seem happy.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jeffrey posted:

So this game is solid? I was a little worried when I heard about tricks, thinking they might compromise the elegant simplicity of the older games, but y'all seem happy.
The tricks are indeed pretty pointless in a game where for practical reasons you need to stay as low to the ground as possible, yes, but it's easy enough to forget about them entirely outside of the tracks designed for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
i beat a magimix time and felt kinda cool for a second.

• Locked thread