Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Shane Douglas Promotion
This poll is closed.
XPW 11 18.97%
Hardcore Homecoming 1 1.72%
Extreme Reunion/Rising 2 3.45%
This New One (because it won't happen) 44 75.86%
Total: 58 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Full card for tomorrow night's Masked Mania lucha show in Philly:

quote:

LA Park vs Dr. Wagner Jr
Solar vs Negro Navarro
Mini Mariachi vs Pequeño Pierroth
Christina Von Eerie vs Sumie Sakai
Damian 666, Bestia 666 & Sabu vs Homicide, Ruckus & Blk Jeez
Cassandro El Exótico vs M-Dogg Matt Cross
Osirian Portal & Green Ant vs Chuck Taylor, Orange Cassidy & Papadon
Latin Dragon & Ultimo Panda vs Hallowicked & Frightmare

Looks fun!

Highspots is showing it live on iPPV for $9.95:
http://highspots.tv/ippv-masked-mania-4-27-2014/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

oatgan posted:

New PWG card for their show on May 23rd

Kyle O'Reilly vs. Adam Cole in a KO/Submission only match
Trevor Lee/Cedric Alexander/Andrew Everett vs. The Young Bucks/Kevin Steen
ACH vs. Ricochet
Johnny Gargano vs. Rocky Romero
Brian Cage vs. Roderick Strong
Joey and Candice vs. Best Friends
Rich Swann vs. AR Fox

I'm stupidly excited for ACH vs. Ricochet in a PWG ring.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Tonight at AIW, Jimmy Jacobs, BJ Whitmer, and Crimson formed a heel stable. I feel like this is the 25th heel stable Jimmy Jacobs has been involved in in the last couple years.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Last night at PCW I saw Rikishi do his dance in the ring alongside Chris Masters, Vader and Terry Funk. It might rank as one of the most surreal wrestling moments I've ever experienced.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

DM Punk posted:

Tonight at AIW, Jimmy Jacobs, BJ Whitmer, and Crimson formed a heel stable. I feel like this is the 25th heel stable Jimmy Jacobs has been involved in in the last couple years.

Well, on a positive note, with Jacobs and Whitmer in the same group it at least means they won't try to kill each other. Right until the point where their group splits and they go back to top rope powerbombs into the crowd, but still, should a couple of months before that happens.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

apsouthern posted:

Last night at PCW I saw Rikishi do his dance in the ring alongside Chris Masters, Vader and Terry Funk. It might rank as one of the most surreal wrestling moments I've ever experienced.

Umm and you don't have a video?

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Umm and you don't have a video?

Not yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if PCW upload it to YouTube soon

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
There's a CZW show in Providence tomorrow.

CZW World Heavyweight Championship
The Campaign's Drew Gulak (c) v. The Front's Biff Busick

CZW World Tag-Team Championship
Juicy Product (JT Dunn & David Starr) (c) v. Beaver Boys (John Silver & Alex Reynolds)

CZW Wired TV Championship
Shane Strickland (c) v. 'Chainsaw' Joe Gacy

Grudge Match
NOI's Danny Havoc v. 'Bulldozer' Matt Tremont

Singles Rematch
'Ultraviolent Beast' Masada v. 'Dirty Daddy' Chris Dickinson

CZW Owner DJ Hyde v. Kevin Steen

WSU Attraction Match
The Campaign's Kimber Lee v. WSU's Alexxis

The Front v. Team Tremendous (Dan Barry & Bill Carr)

Steen vs Hyde is intriguing to me.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Steen vs Hyde will be interesting because of their twitter feud, whether worked or not.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
So the promoter of Hardcore Roadtrip in Canada today left during the show and didn't pay any of the wrestlers. I swear, ANYTHING remotely related to ECW is the kiss of death these days.

rappinrodney.ogg
Apr 24, 2009
Team Tremendous and a Masada vs. Dickinson match. Get hype.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Any perspective on why, in this day and age, these guys aren't getting at least a portion of their payment up front?

I can understand being a rookie and paying dues and all, but when you're a decent name, or even a "legend," why take the risk?

I guess there are as many no-shows as there are scummy promoters, but I think it's better to have one guy take the money and run rather than a whole locker room without payment. Just seems to happen way too often and always has.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OmegaBR posted:

Any perspective on why, in this day and age, these guys aren't getting at least a portion of their payment up front?

I can understand being a rookie and paying dues and all, but when you're a decent name, or even a "legend," why take the risk?

I guess there are as many no-shows as there are scummy promoters, but I think it's better to have one guy take the money and run rather than a whole locker room without payment. Just seems to happen way too often and always has.

Name wrestlers on the indies do tend to get paid half up front half at the show. If you have some leverage you are more likely to be able to demand something up front, if you will take any booking you don't.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Myself and two friends are going to the next PWG show. Who all else is going?

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

OmegaBR posted:

This is where the promoters would disagree with you.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Cory Lidle posted:

This is where the promoters would disagree with you.

Granted, but it seems like you hear about a promoter skipping town with the cash a lot more than a talent taking their money for zero work. Not that no-shows don't happen and promoters lose out on travel cash from time to time, but the last instance I recall wrestlers actively taking their payment and not working was the whole Team Ambition/Bandits thing.

I guess there's no perfect system, since promoters don't necessarily want to front money in case they lose it with no work, and wrestlers don't want to get themselves to the show, much less work it, only to find out there's no money waiting. I'm just saying, it's one thing for a wrestler to be scummy and miss a date and ignore travel plans or what have you, but its another for a promoter to put on a show (or not,) and screw over all the talent, and the backstage people, and the fans and cost a lot of people a lot of money. Naturally it works on the flip side too, if you book an event centered around a wrestler's appearance and he doesn't show and then you're left holding the bag.

It just surprises me that this is still so commonplace in the modern age when it seems like it should be easier to gauge the risk, reputation, etc. Then again, people know Taylor Wilde had to work at Sunglasses Hut and still choose to sign a contract with TNA, so I guess I can't really judge their personal reasoning.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DM Punk posted:

So the promoter of Hardcore Roadtrip in Canada today left during the show and didn't pay any of the wrestlers. I swear, ANYTHING remotely related to ECW is the kiss of death these days.

quote:

PWInsider reports that Mark Livingston, the promoter for Hardcore Roadtrip, disappeared during the evening portion of last night's doubleheader event. Livingston was nowhere to be seen by the end of the show and most of the talent had not been paid for the evening show, nor had transportation arrangements been made for workers to go from the London, Ontario area into the US so they could catch flights back home at the Buffalo and Detroit airports.

The show actually ended with an announcement about the situation; after the final match between Jesse Amato and Masada, the locker room came out to applaud them and then got into the ring. Ring announcer Stephen DeAngelis explained the situation, thanked the talent and asked any fans who had passports and could transport talent to help out if possible.

Another report from the site noted that talent who worked only the matinee show were paid, along with those who had requested their money up front. It was only those who had waited until after the show for their pay who were left out.

There was a story running around backstage that Livingston's wife took him to the hospital, but that is not confirmed and no one was officially told that. Gregory Iron noted in a post to his Facebook page that he hurt his neck taking a bad bump, acknowledging that it was his own fault but saying that he may have hurt himself unpaid because Livingston "faked a heart attack".

The promotion has an iPPV scheduled for tonight but that's entirely up in the air at this point and may well not happen. Livingston has been unavailable for comment since he disappeared.

Holy poo poo

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Devitt was added, unnanounced, to a match of Mark Coffey vs Noam Dar at the ICW show tonight to make it a triple threat.

He apparently was painted up as Darth Maul.

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Just got back from the CZW show. Great show all around. Steen vs DJ Hyde was very funny, The Beaver Boys vs The Juicy Product was an awesome tag match, Danny Havoc vs Matt Tremont was brutal, and Gulak vs Biff was a good mat wrestling match. Looks like they might be coming back based on the turnout.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

HARDCORE ROADTRIP UPDATE
By Mike Johnson on 2014-04-27 18:47:55
For those of you who were wondering, the Facebook pages for Hardcore Roadtrip and promoter Mark Livingston were both deleted this afternoon. As we noted earlier, Livingston and his wife disappeared before the end of his show last night.

The entire scenario is very weird as Livingston left behind his championship belt, a laptop being used to record the audio for the iPPV and several cameras that were shooting the show. All of those were taken by wrestlers, according to fans at the show, to make up for money they were owed.

Obviously, this has been a pretty crappy week for talents booked to work ECW derivative events.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Let it stay dead, guys. Obviously at this point it's not meant to be.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The spirit of ECW lives!

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Devitt was added, unnanounced, to a match of Mark Coffey vs Noam Dar at the ICW show tonight to make it a triple threat.

He apparently was painted up as Darth Maul.

And dropped his ICW belt in that match. That's important to note.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

BillyMays posted:

Just got back from the CZW show. Great show all around. Steen vs DJ Hyde was very funny, The Beaver Boys vs The Juicy Product was an awesome tag match, Danny Havoc vs Matt Tremont was brutal, and Gulak vs Biff was a good mat wrestling match. Looks like they might be coming back based on the turnout.
How was the Kimber Lee match? I'm not familiar with Alexxis.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Cory Lidle posted:

How was the Kimber Lee match? I'm not familiar with Alexxis.

It was alright. They chopped each other hard.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

BillyMays posted:

It was alright. They chopped each other hard.

Lexxus is under rated, but she doesn't get many bookings outside of New England. She apparently doesn't like to travel a lot for some reason. And Kimber Lee posted this pic so, it looked pretty brutal.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I've just been told that Beyond/ISW regular Shynron is the infamous double moonsault botcher.

:nms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK-TiPt33TU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Quote is not edit.
Here's the Beyond Card in 2 weeks, I guess.

Bucks are getting buried on this poster.

Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) vs. Team TREMENDOUS (Dan Barry & Bill Carr)

Kevin Steen vs. Biff Busick

The Colony (Fire Ant & Green Ant) vs. The Juicy Product (JT Dunn & David Starr)

Drew Gulak vs. Kimber Lee

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 1, 2014

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Is it worth it picking up any wXw shows?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.facebook.com/FUwrestling

quote:

The HUMAN TORNADO will be in action THIS FRIDAY at FU II

Well that's a bad idea.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Does he actually have HIV? The only place I've heard that is on some random podcast.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

FU Wrestling sounds like something Russo would book.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

So Grado is coming to Cleveland in the USA this September. Should be neat.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
The Border City Wrestling event with the NJPW guys was super fun. I never though I'd get to see those guys live, and they put on some really great matches. Best match of the night was the Time Splitters match. Awesome match. I also stared starry eyed at Hiroshi Tanahashi. He's very pretty. You should probably buy the DVD when it's available, although you get to hear Matt Striker when I didn't. Sorry!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Quantrill posted:

So Grado is coming to Cleveland in the USA this September. Should be neat.

Ohiogoons, you all have to go.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Grado has never been anything more than a cheap Colt Cabana knockoff to me. Is there anything specific I should watch or is that all there is to it?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I mean this with all due respect to Grado; he's not a guy you watch for what he does in the ring.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Skinty McEdger posted:

I mean this with all due respect to Grado; he's not a guy you watch for what he does in the ring.
Neither is Colt Cabana or Giant Tiger, I mean what matches should I watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Flameingblack posted:

Neither is Colt Cabana or Giant Tiger, I mean what matches should I watch

Giant Tiger is so much better in the ring.

I guess the one everyone points at is Grado/Mikey Whiplash at ICW last year. I'm not kidding when I say it goes on about half an hour longer than it needed to. Also for some reason the ICW ring which is normally tiny shrunk to about half the size of a matchbox for this show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt7Mv2zq1sU

I like the guy, and its good that he's getting his shot overseas, but I'm not convinced that his weird charisma will translate outside of the UK.

• Locked thread