Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Tom Benson, the NCAA, and Darren Rovell get my votes by a landslide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Militree posted:

Oh is it time already! I have some sketching to do for a new bracket design.

It's been about a year since I have said it, but I love you.

Fenrir posted:

Man, that's a lot of top-shelf prime loving douchebags. The hall of fame voting is going to be tough.

I think I might let two in again this year. I did that last year to make the numbers even, but I think two a year works, because as you said, there is some PRIME D-Bag in that list

Also, because there is no seeding in the lifetime category, I will be letting all serious nominations into the field and I will whittle them down tornado match style like last year.

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
gently caress The Twelfth Man in general and The dipshit who threw things at Bowman in particular.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Nomination for Ron Jaworski for his general dumb as gently caress opinions but particularly for downgrading Bridgewater to #5 on his QB draft ranking because he lacks - and I quote - the "pocket presence, accuracy, touch and throwing mechanics" of his #1 QB, Blake "I Have Zero of These Qualities" Bortles.

I mean, he had Bridgewater behind Carr and Garoppolo, for crying out loud. Dude is goddamn idiot savant

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Did some loving guy just nominate Russell Wilson's wife that is disgusting

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Homestar Runner posted:

Nomination for Ron Jaworski for his general dumb as gently caress opinions but particularly for downgrading Bridgewater to #5 on his QB draft ranking because he lacks - and I quote - the "pocket presence, accuracy, touch and throwing mechanics" of his #1 QB, Blake "I Have Zero of These Qualities" Bortles.

I mean, he had Bridgewater behind Carr and Garoppolo, for crying out loud. Dude is goddamn idiot savant

Yeah, man, but Blake will level his shoulder and hit a safety instead of running out. What's not to like about that poo poo? And then shrugs off the criticism with a "come on, he's a safety."

Watch you're back, Blake, the sharks are circling:

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, man, but Blake will level his shoulder and hit a safety instead of running out. What's not to like about that poo poo? And then shrugs off the criticism with a "come on, he's a safety."

Watch you're back, Blake, the sharks are circling:

Like Polamalu can catch Bortles at this stage of his career.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Regnevelc posted:

You're probably right, but that's more of a general idea of the "just a safety" that's waiting for him.

If Bortles doesn't shake the habit of contact, he's going to be Pat-Whited right out of the league.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Regnevelc posted:

Not the thread for discussion really, but this past year Polamalu has returned to form, and he looks even better in the offseason. Still probably a better example for the year 2014.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Rap posted:

Did some loving guy just nominate Russell Wilson's wife that is disgusting

Russell Wilson did

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Militree posted:

Not the thread for discussion really, but this past year Polamalu has returned to form, and he looks even better in the offseason. Still probably a better example for the year 2014.

Gee, I wonder if there was a big game recently that showed what proper safeties can do.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

:siren:Friday Night Update!:siren:

Standings

Players

Richie Incognito: 11
Ray Rice: 9
Jameis Winston: 8
Taylor Lewan: 6
Russell Wilson: 6
Colin Kaepernick: 3
Aldon Smith: 3
AJ McCarron: 2

Administrators

Greg Schiano: 15
Bret Bielma: 9
Jeff Fisher: 5
Jimmy Haslam: 5
Mike Tomlin: 3
Mike Shanahan: 3
Tom Benson: 3
Jeff Ireland: 2

Media

Darren Rovell: 13
Rick Reilly: 10
Nolan Nawrocki: 6
Colin Cowherd: 4
Phil Mushnick: 3
Pete Prisco: 2
Merril Hoge: 2
Joe Buck: 2

Wildcard

12th Man: 8
Tallahassee PD: 3
Entire Alabama Fanbase: 2
An Anonymous Scout: 1
Northwestern: 1
The NFC East: 1
2013 Ravens Offensive Line: 1
Some rear end in a top hat Lions Player: 1

Outside Looking In

Nick Saban: 2
Arian Foster: 2
Golden Tate: 2
Jamele Hill: 1
Tyler Bray: 1
Rob Gronkowski: 1
Brian Schottenheimer: 1
Derrick Coleman: 1
James Harrison: 1
Peyton Manning: 1
D.J. Swearinger: 1
Mike Williams: 1
Justin Blackmon: 1
Joe Banner: 1
Philadelphia Eagles Front Office: 1
Rick Spielman: 1
Ashton Meem: 1
Richard Sherman: 1
Chris Culliver: 1
Ron Jaworski: 1

Lifetime Noms

Roger Goodell
Skip Bayless
Bobby Petrino
Mark Emmert
NCAA
Lane Kiffin
John Elway
Matt Millen

You will notice that I removed some douches from the DotY tourney. These are the douches that I deem worthy of participating in the Lifetime category. No need to nominate lifetime douches from this point forward.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

These are the douches that I deem worthy of participating in the Lifetime category. No need to nominate lifetime douches from this point forward.

That's a shame, I just got reminded that Drew Rosenhaus still exists earlier today. I don't know if he's done anything recently enough to be a yearly candidate but...drat.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
You know, I'm a little surprised that no one has nominated the Washington Redskins / Daniel Snyder for multiple reasons -- rushing back RG3, the state of the field, general douchebaggery re: the team's racist name, suing loving LaVar Arrington for having the temerity to associate himself with the team.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
You still taking votes/noms for this?

If so, throwing my support behind players Richie Incognito now and forever, Ray Rice now and forever, Colin Kaepernick at least for now, we'll see about "forever" and Rob Gronkowski for being the bro'iest douchebro that bro'd - For Admin: Greg Schiano. I mean, if there was ever a face to go behind "...that fuckin' guy." it'd be for him. Mike Tomlin gets a nod this year for his little accidentally-on-purpose. - For Media: Colin Cowherd, now and forever, and always. If I could put 15 votes down for Skip Bayliss I would but instead all of that disgust and vitriol is bottled up and thrown toward Cowherd.

For Wildcard I'm dropping in The 49'ers Fan Who Sued The NFL For $50M Because Of NFCC Ticket "Restrictions". That's legal-wah-wah:cry: doucheness all the way.

So in summary (and your ease of use):
Richie Incognito
Ray Rice
Colin Kaepernick
Rob Gronkowski
Greg Schiano
Mike Tomlin
Colin Cowherd
The 49'ers Fan Who Sued The NFL For $50M Because Of NFCC Ticket "Restrictions"

Brannock posted:

You know, I'm a little surprised that no one has nominated the Washington Redskins / Daniel Snyder for multiple reasons -- rushing back RG3, the state of the field, general douchebaggery re: the team's racist name, suing loving LaVar Arrington for having the temerity to associate himself with the team.

Who is NOT Eligible:
1) The three current members of the Hall of Fame:

-Dan Snyder

DOUCHE!
He's all-pro hall of fame already. :v:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Duke Chin posted:

He's all-pro hall of fame already. :v:

Oh man I forgot about that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Has Kaepernick done anything other than get in the way of Seahawks fans? Am I forgetting something big or are you buying into the crazy woman story that turned out to be nothing?

Like, I could nominate Peyton because he plays for a team I hate but I don't see the use.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

You still taking votes/noms for this?

Yup, for about three more days.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm going to go ahead and second D.J. Swearinger and Justin Blackmon just because they're terrible people pending someone giving me a reason to hate Kaep.

Other than the Alex Smith trade. Which is persuasive to me, but probably doesn't count as douchiness exactly.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Bret Bielema--For using an unrelated death to mask the fact that he doesn't know poo poo about conditioning a defense, for trying to foist B1G football upon a people that does not want it, and for general #karma

Dorial Green-Beckham--For trying to re-enact one of Lawrence Phillips' greatest moments and almost getting away with it; unlucky for him, his university was in the crosshairs of a major sex-assault investigation and thus was publicly shamed into doing the right thing

Nolan Nawrocki--For basically being a superficial, racist rear end in a top hat and turning that into being "a top NFL scout"

Northwestern University--For showing their puritan, WASP roots (no really, they were closely allied with a major force behind Prohibition: read Daniel Okrent's Last Call for more) and busting a union

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

America's Game, the way it's meant to be played.

Grittybeard posted:

Has Kaepernick done anything other than get in the way of Seahawks fans? Am I forgetting something big or are you buying into the crazy woman story that turned out to be nothing?

Like, I could nominate Peyton because he plays for a team I hate but I don't see the use.

Kind of like people nominating Wilson because... he's getting divorced? Something that like 2/3rds of the country ends up doing, multiple times even. This contest is all kinds of nonsense, but it's entertaining.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
So wait, Arian Foster tried to force his mistress into an abortion?

Arian Foster

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
poo poo I hadn't noticed Wilson had even more votes.

I'll second Chris Culliver in that case. Also Dorial Green-Beckham because...well whatever you do to throw away your career when it's that promising is dumb but holy poo poo dude went above and beyond in being a douche.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Febreeze posted:

So wait, Arian Foster tried to force his mistress into an abortion?

Arian Foster

Word +1

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Lifetime Noms

Roger Goodell
Skip Bayless
Bobby Petrino
Mark Emmert
NCAA
Lane Kiffin
John Elway
Matt Millen

You will notice that I removed some douches from the DotY tourney. These are the douches that I deem worthy of participating in the Lifetime category. No need to nominate lifetime douches from this point forward.

drat. Yeah, man you gotta take two for the HoF this year. That's one hell of a douche collection.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Troy Queef posted:

Bret Bielema--For using an unrelated death to mask the fact that he doesn't know poo poo about conditioning a defense, for trying to foist B1G football upon a people that does not want it, and for general #karma

So I don't follow college ball at all and sure as poo poo ignore all things big 10 but I've seen this dude mentioned a number of times by you folks - what's the story behind this guy and the -death-thing? He sounds like a massive twat.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
A player died in practice and he tried to argue that it was not because of a health condition but because the no-huddle offense is bad for player safety.

In reality it's bad for him and a few other coaches who suck rear end at defending it.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Rap posted:

A player died in practice and he tried to argue that it was not because of a health condition but because the no-huddle offense is bad for player safety.

In reality it's bad for him and a few other coaches who suck rear end at defending it.

And this loving rear end in a top hat is coaching my hawgs :(

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Holy loving poo poo

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Throwing in a vote for John Dorsey because of the Alex Smith trade and cutting two good players to re-sign him.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Fenrir posted:

drat. Yeah, man you gotta take two for the HoF this year. That's one hell of a douche collection.

This is the plan.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

+1 for Incognito , Bielema , Rovell , and the 12th Man

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"Because all I've done is win, people hold that against me."

Yeah, that's totally why you're falling to the 5th/6th round.

gently caress A.J. McCarron

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx

Benne posted:

"Because all I've done is win, people hold that against me."

Yeah, that's totally why you're falling to the 5th/6th round.

gently caress A.J. McCarron

+1 for McCarron

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Rap posted:

Bielma.

Incognito, Rovell, and Reilly, for obvious reasons.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
More evidence to support the nomination of the NCAA:

quote:

@marcisenberg 2h
38 players w eligibility went undrafted. They knew the deal, but sad that NCAA prohibits them from returning to school if they wanted to.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

hey OP could I get a standings update before I do a last-minute mass-vote for the deserving douches?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Coldforge posted:

More evidence to support the nomination of the NCAA:

Wait they can't go back to school if they go undrafted? I had no idea that was a thing.

Wow.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Wait they can't go back to school if they go undrafted? I had no idea that was a thing.

Wow.

I think they technically can, but not under an athletic scholarship. Which means they functionally can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Fenrir posted:

And this loving rear end in a top hat is coaching my hawgs :(

Every time we talk about Bert it should be mandatory to post this

if only because his topless photo scares me.

• Locked thread