Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
losing weight is so hard and takes so much effort, i should get to be fat, and also still attractive to all the sexy people that expend a whole bunch of effort every day keeping themselves in great shape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Dolphin posted:

losing weight is so hard and takes so much effort, i should get to be fat, and also still attractive to all the sexy people that expend a whole bunch of effort every day keeping themselves in great shape

no you shouldnt, fat loser

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
is louie good?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah it's great

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

for real?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
its overrated by goons because louie is basically a goon so he doesnt make them feel so othered

i'd call it better than mediocre

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cucking Mama posted:

is louie good?
if you like a comedian being mopey for ten minutes, then giving a preachy ten minute rant about how hard his life is

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i find his show to be more depressing than amusing tbh

his character isnt a happy person and doesnt have happy friends and good things dont happen to him

so if thats your sorta thing its not bad

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Dolphin posted:

if you like a comedian being mopey for ten minutes, then giving a preachy ten minute rant about how hard his life is

why would I care about that. do you not like that?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Fetus Tree posted:

wow i have to say that i'm impressed that some fat people managed to get offended in gbs 1.4 in a thread about loving louis ck's tv show

glad to see theres still some remnant of old, easy to troll gbs left

lol well, it makes sense, goons are still fat shits
But can't you see the grossness?? I mean it's so gross!! How dare Louis C.K. make an episode about it?!

It boggles the mind, I tell you.

Fetus Tree posted:

its overrated by goons because louie is basically a goon so he doesnt make them feel so othered

i'd call it better than mediocre
Louis will never be a goon because even though he is awkward (like you) he is also super-famous and successful (unlike you.) He's the premiere comic of our time, which is a real accomplishment.

When asked in an interview what his character is, he basically put it like this: "The guy I play is me, except he's not learned any of the important life lessons that I have. He's me, but dumber and less wise."

Show me a "goon" who can put a live comedy show that is like George Carlin's, in the sense that he can do an act and then throw the material away and do just as good of an act a year later with all new material (which most comedians cannot do) and make millions selling direct on the internet; and get a TV show where he has no censors whatever, that he writes and directs himself. He only recently gave the job of editing the show (which he was doing by himself on a Macbook of all things away because he wanted to focus more on the writing.
This dude shuts down production at least three days a week just to be with his daughters. How many employed "goons" can claim that?

O, and that show I linked above, he gave the majority of the MILLIONS of dollars he made from it to charity. He kept $250k for his family, and the rest went to crew and charities.

When offered more money to make his show, he said, "No, I won't lets Standards and Practices review every show I do. I'll do it for cheap so I can do it my way."

Dude seems pretty cool.

Fetus Tree posted:

i find his show to be more depressing than amusing tbh

his character isnt a happy person and doesnt have happy friends and good things dont happen to him

so if thats your sorta thing its not bad

He addressed this, too; in an episode. He finds humor in awkward and sad situations, so he makes a show that fits that theme. The weirdness IS what's amusing.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 07:36 on May 14, 2014

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Is that lena dunham?

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
Smell-o-vision has arrived.

You can almost taste the stench of mayonnaise.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
OP post the drat rant

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Dr. Faustus posted:

But can't you see the grossness?? I mean it's so gross!! How dare Louis C.K. make an episode about it?!

Louis will never be a goon because even though he is awkward (like you) he is also super-famous and successful (unlike you.) He's the premiere comic of our time, which is a real accomplishment.

When asked in an interview what his character is, he basically put it like this: "The guy I play is me, except he's not learned any of the important life lessons that I have. He's me, but dumber and less wise."

Show me a "goon" who can put a live comedy show that is like George Carlin's, in the sense that he can do an act and then throw the material away and do just as good of an act a year later with all new material (which most comedians cannot do) and make millions selling direct on the internet; and get a TV show where he has no censors whatever, that he writes and directs himself. He only recently gave the job of editing the show (which he was doing by himself on a Macbook of all things away because he wanted to focus more on the writing.
This dude shuts down production at least three days a week just to be with his daughters. How many employed "goons" can claim that?

O, and that show I linked above, he gave the majority of the MILLIONS of dollars he made from it to charity. He kept $250k for his family, and the rest went to crew and charities.

When offered more money to make his show, he said, "No, I won't lets Standards and Practices review every show I do. I'll do it for cheap so I can do it my way."

Dude seems pretty cool.

This, but ironically

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

Bug Bill Murray posted:

exercising helps depression though, it's win win you just gotta have the right attitude

exercising is a temporary band-aid for depression like masturbation or pizza. no long-lasting effects.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I don't mind fats so long as they keep their drat clothes on and shut the gently caress up and maybe carry a can of Febreze

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

ChairmanMeow posted:

OP post the drat rant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFdWcNJ17YY

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Voted Worst Mom posted:

This, but ironically
Yeah, I see the irony in a rich, awkward-looking dude whose Dad is Mexican and mother is Irish-American growing up in Mexico City before moving to New York to become the funniest, most successful living comedian in the USA.
The very definition of irony. O, except he's talented and funny and critically lauded and every comedian alive today will tell you he's the best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_C.K.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Dr. Faustus posted:

Dude seems pretty cool.

He addressed this, too; in an episode. He finds humor in awkward and sad situations, so he makes a show that fits that theme. The weirdness IS what's amusing.

Oh word?

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

exercising is a temporary band-aid for depression like masturbation or pizza. no long-lasting effects.

suicide is the permanent cure, everyone knows that

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

I don't think he's that good

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

that's why you keep doing it :thumbsup:
http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Exercise-and-Depression-report-excerpt.htm

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Breathing is a temporary band-aid for hypoxia

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Word.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

did you really post all that?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I like when Louie is funny but the messages in the show seem lame.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the best part of the show is when he's doing standup, he should do more of that

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I don't care how funny or charitable Louis is. He cannot make fat people not disgusting.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

anybody else here gently caress fat people?

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

"it sucks to be a fat girl and its your fault life isnt fair why is society so wrong"
Why doesn't she just lose weight

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

She ate for your freedoms :911:

OPERATION DESSERT STORM

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Pawl posted:

"it sucks to be a fat girl and its your fault life isnt fair why is society so wrong"

It's a great scene. That's what's cool about Louie's show. He puts himself in the position of getting told off for being insensitive. It's obvious as hell.

Anyway, I have nothing else to add, so gently caress on.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 08:02 on May 14, 2014

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

woah is that chick really in the marines

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

yes, the same as pizza or masturbation. when you get finished exercising, you usually have a bit of a high, but it quickly dissipates. it's not a real treatment for depression, that's all i'm saying.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Fat bitches just need to take The Red Pill.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

I am blown away by how far this journey has taken me!!!

She can't have possibly been blown that far, not even an EF5 could pick that bitch.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

This enrages me on so many levels

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014
oh no being fat is so hard, I was born that way and it's not like I can change it

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yes, the same as pizza or masturbation. when you get finished exercising, you usually have a bit of a high, but it quickly dissipates. it's not a real treatment for depression, that's all i'm saying.
you didn't even read the site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Pawl posted:

you should like her for her personality not for how much she weighs you sexist sizest pig

• Locked thread