Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011

ZoninSilver posted:

I'm not aware of the context, but hopefully this still counts as uplifting :ohdear:

Apparently Florida has a problem with dogs kidnapping small children :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Cat is loving hardcore

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Magres posted:

It's like a loving zen koan.

When Banzan was walking through Florida, he overheard a conversation between two citizens.

"What's the worst thing about living here?" said one.

"Everything is the worst," replied the other. "You cannot find here anything that is not the worst."

At these words Banzan became enlightened.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Video for the new page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-Opm9b2WDk
Fair warning, :nms: pictures at the end of it due to nasty bite marks. Which doesn't fit this thread at all, someone post something unconditionally uplifting!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
The whole thing makes me think of Tiny Hippo

Ain't no one fucks with Tiny Kitty :catstare:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
I seriously cannot stop watching that cat plow into that dog.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

:heysexy:

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.

Magres posted:

The whole thing makes me think of Tiny Hippo

Ain't no one fucks with Tiny Kitty :catstare:

Goddamn I love that comic

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Magres posted:

For once, it's not Florida. It's Bakersfield, CA.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Not much better, people don't realize the middle of California is a cross between Florida trailer trash and Nevada desert people.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

Same difference. :colbert:

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

ZoninSilver posted:

I'm not aware of the context, but hopefully this still counts as uplifting :ohdear:

Edit: Found the source, considering the last :nms: pictures, I'd say this counts as uplifting, bloody hell.

My goodness, that dog is an rear end in a top hat! The kid gives him no provocation whatsoever (unless peacefully riding a trike in one's own driveway counts as provocation). He just deliberately sneaks up, runs in and bites him. I'm so glad the cat was there.
This video should be required viewing for anyone who thinks cats aren't loving or protective. That was a pure 'DON'T YOU BITE MY KID NOW gently caress OFF' reaction. The cat got there before the kid's mother did.
Of course, cats can easily outrun humans over short distances. As The Oatmeal wants you to know!

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

The :smug:est sloth.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
They all played Godzilla

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Related, an interview with Tiny Kitty, who is named Tara.Unlike the former video, it's unquestionably :3:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ZoninSilver posted:

Related, an interview with Tiny Kitty, who is named Tara.Unlike the former video, it's unquestionably :3:

Awww. I was expecting it to be a bit of a fierce cat but as cats go that is actually incredibly tolerant towards the kid.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The Monkey Man posted:

They all played Godzilla

For some context, these three men are, if I'm not mistaken, prominent suit actors for each of the three 'incarnations' of Godzilla so far, and I believe it's from a documentary called Bringing Godzilla Down To Size, which I really recommend if you're interested in physical effects.

The guy in the middle is just pure glee, he's so happy to be Godzilla-walking. :3:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Serperoth posted:

The guy in the middle is just pure glee, he's so happy to be Godzilla-walking. :3:

He's probably even happier that someone asked him to Godzilla walk without being shoved inside 150kg of hardened rubber. Those early Godzilla costumes were murder.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Awww. I was expecting it to be a bit of a fierce cat but as cats go that is actually incredibly tolerant towards the kid.

She seems really sweet and mellow. I like what a crap interview subject the little boy is; the interviewer keeps trying to prompt him to say something cute like 'Tara is my favourite cat in the whole world!' and he's just like 'She's got WHISKERS!' and 'Her tail is BLACK!'
Clearly, he and Tara love each other a lot. It's nice that they're the same age.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Dove from Above posted:

She seems really sweet and mellow. I like what a crap interview subject the little boy is; the interviewer keeps trying to prompt him to say something cute like 'Tara is my favourite cat in the whole world!' and he's just like 'She's got WHISKERS!' and 'Her tail is BLACK!'
Clearly, he and Tara love each other a lot. It's nice that they're the same age.

He's probably still flying high on pain meds.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Apparently the boy is mildly autistic. But yeah, I'd imagine he's also on the good drugs. Also he's four years old.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Four year olds are well known for their laser focus on a subject, especially during an interview in the aftermath of an attack.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Borrowing this from the moving picture thread:

*boop* *boop* *boop*

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tohoku cat, missing since 2011 disaster, reunited with owners

:kimchi:

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

That cat has seen some poo poo.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Apparently the boy is mildly autistic. But yeah, I'd imagine he's also on the good drugs. Also he's four years old.

And pets can be so special to autistic kids, because they're so much simpler to 'read' than humans and can be so comforting when life is confusing and frustrating and unfair. The 'aww' (head tilt, smile) factor just keeps going up. That kid has a good friend there.
Besides, she does have WHISKERS!

Vastakaiun posted:

That cat has seen some poo poo.
Seriously, look at that thousand-yard gaze.
It's kind of remarkable that he had his owner's name and cellphone number written on his collar, but nobody seems to have noticed it until a newspaper photographer was taking his picture for a lost and found pets piece.
It's also drat lucky that the owner's cell number hadn't changed in the intervening years!

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Picture request: cattledogs and australian shepherds being dumb.

My cattledog/aussie mix is sick and spending the night at the vet and now I'm sad and need cheering up :(

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

ZoninSilver posted:

My favorite bit about this whole incident is that the cat just followed the couple home one day, and they decided to keep her. The cat really did adopt them. Also when Jeremy was a baby the cat would sleep in his crib with him. She's loved that boy his whole life :3:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dove from Above posted:

Besides, she does have WHISKERS!

Hey, the reporter did ask him to tell her what she looks like!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Picture request: cattledogs and australian shepherds being dumb.

My cattledog/aussie mix is sick and spending the night at the vet and now I'm sad and need cheering up :(

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CATTASTIC has a new favorite as of 11:28 on May 16, 2014

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Last two posts are weapons-grade cuteonium

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Safety first. A good dog.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

There is mold growing on that puppy.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

My sister's dog is half cattledog according to the shelter she got him from does that count?

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
Who is a good boy?

RedContraGuy
Oct 30, 2008

I always played as red because he had a bigger package.
This week has reminded me even moreso that my mom is a good woman (Suzanne in the interview.) Friends with a woman for a long time who "adopted" her grandson, she learned that the woman would not be able to make it to his graduation and, well.

http://www.abc3340.com/story/25530042/grandmother-witnesses-suprise-graduation-for-grandson-before-she-dies

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008
This had me laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4XLGA80rvs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I know I've posted this before but I just re-found it and I think it's so important to see stuff like this. My mom volunteers for our local shelter taking pictures and posting them online and it really DOES make a huge difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUORkJ08PYY

• Locked thread