Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
If people are easier on fat men than fat women it means we should be harder on fat men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I said it in another thread: the only good things in life are drugs and vaginas. If you ruin good drugs or good vagina then, yes, you deserve scorn.

Fat men haven't ruined anything worthwhile, so I don't give a drat about them.

Momplestiltskin
Jan 15, 2014

Got any extra firstborns?

tiananman posted:

Her big complaint wasn't about being hated, it was about guys she "thinks" are in her league not being interested in her at all. Instead of looking in the mirror and realizing that she can change herself, she blames everyone else for not being attracted to her.

She rails on and on about how terrible it is to be a fat girl. But her solution isn't to stop being a fat girl, it's to bitch and moan at 40 year old divorced guys until they begrudgingly stand in proximity to her gross body.

Be fair though, Louie isn't exactly a sight to behold either. He should be in her league. The point is tons of pudgy bald guys are still trying to go out of their league and getting pissed that no women want to date them when they wouldn't even consider dating someone who is exactly as (un)attractive as them on the female spectrum. That's the whole point. It seems reasonable to me. Working out and eating right is a good idea, but it doesn't matter in this context. Here we have two people who are both about equally overweight for their gender; neither of them are crazy attractive, but they aren't completely hideous either, and the guy didn't want to go on a date with the girl. In a way, her speech agrees with a lot of the hatred being thrown around here in the sense that she thinks "Fat is beautiful" or pretending that fat people aren't fat is all bullshit. She knows fat isn't beautiful--that's the point; other, equally fat people should check themselves before they wreck themselves, basically.

If you aren't an overweight dude, this whole speech does not apply to you.

Quixotic
Sep 2, 2004

Maoist Pussy posted:

I said it in another thread: the only good things in life are drugs and vaginas. If you ruin good drugs or good vagina then, yes, you deserve scorn.

Fat men haven't ruined anything worthwhile, so I don't give a drat about them.
It's exquisitely creepy to be angry at fat women because they've made themselves less sexually appealing to you. How dare they

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Well, its like that phrase "Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?" Fats have metaphorically pissed in the Cheerios of everyone who encounters them.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

tiananman posted:

Her big complaint wasn't about being hated, it was about guys she "thinks" are in her league not being interested in her at all. Instead of looking in the mirror and realizing that she can change herself, she blames everyone else for not being attracted to her.

She rails on and on about how terrible it is to be a fat girl. But her solution isn't to stop being a fat girl, it's to bitch and moan at 40 year old divorced guys until they begrudgingly stand in proximity to her gross body.

Nah she was talking about how lovely of a double standard it is that fat women face when you compare their treatment to fat men. Fat men? Eh, whatever, they're schlubby fucks, but who cares? Fat women? Worst thing since the holocaust.

At least that was the main thrust of her rant.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Mods can you merge this thread with the ladies chatting thread?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

yeah fat female actors get way more vitriol than fat male actors. source: the internet

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

THS posted:

yeah fat female actors get way more vitriol than fat male actors. source: the internet

evidence: lena dunhamster

Momplestiltskin
Jan 15, 2014

THS posted:

tbf lena dunham is loving disgusting and talentless

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i better example is yeah, mark hamill gets a little poo poo for getting chubby ugly and weird looking. carrie fisher? disgusting bloated hog

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
There you go. Get in touch with your real feelings.

Momplestiltskin
Jan 15, 2014

Maoist Pussy posted:

There you go. Get in touch with your real feelings.

Well that is more specific to Lena Dunham than overweight women. Her show is vapid and makes my generation look bad with its silly bullshit portrayals of what people my age act like.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Momplestiltskin posted:

Be fair though, Louie isn't exactly a sight to behold either. He should be in her league. The point is tons of pudgy bald guys are still trying to go out of their league and getting pissed that no women want to date them when they wouldn't even consider dating someone who is exactly as (un)attractive as them on the female spectrum. That's the whole point. It seems reasonable to me. Working out and eating right is a good idea, but it doesn't matter in this context. Here we have two people who are both about equally overweight for their gender; neither of them are crazy attractive, but they aren't completely hideous either, and the guy didn't want to go on a date with the girl. In a way, her speech agrees with a lot of the hatred being thrown around here in the sense that she thinks "Fat is beautiful" or pretending that fat people aren't fat is all bullshit. She knows fat isn't beautiful--that's the point; other, equally fat people should check themselves before they wreck themselves, basically.

If you aren't an overweight dude, this whole speech does not apply to you.

she's way fatter. louie has a discernible shape while there isnt a part of her that doesnt look like its melting. hes also successful and famous and could probs be banging cute 20 year olds who think hes funny.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Momplestiltskin posted:

Well that is more specific to Lena Dunham than overweight women. Her show is vapid and makes my generation look bad with its silly bullshit portrayals of what people my age act like.

You feel negative feelings due to her existence, you are saying. Her presence affects you.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Maoist Pussy posted:

The vegetarian option.

Her torso looks like a cool duck with shades.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Disco Pope posted:

lol

Momplestiltskin
Jan 15, 2014

Maoist Pussy posted:

You feel negative feelings due to her existence, you are saying. Her presence affects you.

Uh... yeah that is what I said. I'm not sure what your point is though given that the reason her presence annoys me is because it does something actively detrimental to the group of people I belong to. Fat people aren't hurting anyone but themselves by being fat.

Which brings us back to

Quixotic posted:

It's exquisitely creepy to be angry at fat women because they've made themselves less sexually appealing to you. How dare they

Momplestiltskin
Jan 15, 2014

Disco Pope posted:

hahahahahooooly poo poo I cannot unsee that

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
fat people hurt the eyes and it's an absolute truth that the only people who care about how fat people feel are faggots

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Agreed, the presence of a fat woman annoys me because it does something actively detrimental to the group of people I belong to. I am glad we can find some common ground, momplestiltskin.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
fat people should lose weight and should be fit like myself. right after they obsessively catalog all the other fat people on SA

welp, that's all i got to say *disappears*

Momplestiltskin
Jan 15, 2014

Maoist Pussy posted:

Agreed, the presence of a fat woman annoys me because it does something actively detrimental to the group of people I belong to. I am glad we can find some common ground, momplestiltskin.

Me too. You know honestly I don't feel that strongly about this issue; I just like Louie and I think this episode makes some legitimate points. Agree to disagree and maybe one day we can throw jars of mayo at Lena Dunham for sport together?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
The great thing about being creepy is that its on the inside, and inside doesn't matter.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I wouldn't gently caress a fat man so please don't expect me to get down and dirty with a fat lady.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

nutranurse posted:

Nah she was talking about how lovely of a double standard it is that fat women face when you compare their treatment to fat men. Fat men? Eh, whatever, they're schlubby fucks, but who cares? Fat women? Worst thing since the holocaust.

How is this true though? All my fat male friends throughout high school and college were virgins. The only fat guys I know that aren't virgins are my older colleagues now that I'm post college. I see fat girls on dates with thin/muscular guys all the time, but very rarely see fat dudes with cute girls outside of sitcoms. Media standards are catching up too, seeing schlubby male actors is getting less and less common unless it's for a specific kind of role.

Not saying I think fat girls have it any easier but I dunno if it's really harder either.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

How is this true though? All my fat male friends throughout high school and college were virgins.

They should switch teams, bears and cubs do well for themselves.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Maoist Pussy posted:

The great thing about being creepy is that its on the inside, and inside doesn't matter.

Well it should matter to you, because your soul is a fatty.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Look normally I say live and let live w/r/t fat chicks, but if you're at the bar and pestering your hot friend to leave when I'm trying to mack it to her, you can gently caress right off to hell

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Disco Pope posted:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Wait just a second. Cool ducks with shades ARE beautiful. I'm conflicted now.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
lol I just remembered that the episode before the fat girl one Louie got to bang Yvonne Strahovski.

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma

nutranurse posted:

Not really. She had one line towards the end where she was like, "if someone looked at us from a distance they would think we looked like a good match."

That was the extent of anything resembling a double standard reference. She went on for a while about how it's lovely to be a fat woman, how it's lovely that people won't even recognize it.

It was mostly about her and how terrible it is to be her - turned around on Louie as some kind of stand in for all men who HOW DARE YOU aren't interested in fat chicks.

Even if that was her point: she was a waitress and he's a successful comedian. He's bringing a lot more cache to the table.

The double standard exists, but so what that's not exactly a revelation or even a useful commentary. There are double standards all over the place, not all of them are malicious and in many cases there's no way to "fix" them.

She even admitted that fat chicks can have random sex pretty much whenever. Fat guys ostensibly don't have that same kind of opportunity.

That's a double standard fat guys would be interested in switching around.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Why is it when I essentially erase my secondary sex characteristics with my tube like shape people aren't attracted to me?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Disco Pope posted:

gently caress you I can't unsee this

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma

SirDan3k posted:

Why is it when I essentially erase my secondary sex characteristics with my tube like shape people aren't attracted to me?

Oh it's because beta scrubs have their masculinity questioned by being associated with such a formless unhealthy blob, you see

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Luvcow posted:

Mods can you merge this thread with the ladies chatting thread?

:getin:

e: how many people have like actually seen this episode

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

gently caress the ROW posted:

fat people hurt the eyes and it's an absolute truth that the only people who care about how fat people feel are faggots

you don't have the right to not be offended you nitwit

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I notice she didn't write beautiful on her face, which tells me that even she can only lie to herself so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momplestiltskin
Jan 15, 2014

Has anyone considered that it's a critique of the way the media industry portrays fat women rather than real life? Think about it.

• Locked thread